Goodbye Jesus

The Unanswerable Questions Which Caused Me To Deconvert, 2

cogitoergosum

I was being sarcastic, of course. But yeah, they would rather use the hides, since it gives them an excuse to kill the animals instead of just shaving them.

Heh, you think I would have caught the sarcasm but my stupid cats are acting up today so I think I'm taking animal sacrifice literally. ;)

mwc

I was being sarcastic, of course. But yeah, they would rather use the hides, since it gives them an excuse to kill the animals instead of just shaving them.

Heh, you think I would have caught the sarcasm but my stupid cats are acting up today so I think I'm taking animal sacrifice literally. ;)

mwc

Are you building an altar? ;)

I believe alot of xians disconnect from the reality of the murder and genocides of god.

It was not until I left the faith that I stopped and started picturing myself there in that time and watching people getting killed and woman raped,

I always try to imagine myself being there in person and watching it live, to get a idea of how savage and blood hungry this beast is.

Exactly. Me too.

I think it's call empathy. Maybe it's just a vivid imagination, or a sense of realistic history.

Are you building an altar? ;)

Do we get to sacrifice cats 9 times? Econo-sacrificing - news-flash for Chritians - use cats instead of lambs.

Aaah but we forget - God demands innocent blood. And cats, as mwc will know, are far from innocent.

It is said that god can't be in the presence of sin. How was he able to talk to Adam and Eve in the garden after they sinned? How was he able to have a conversation with Satan and make a wager with him concerning Job? Isn't Satan the father of sin? How was he able to talk with Cain after he killed Abel? Seems to me he can be in the presence of sin just fine.

Next, how did he get the idea of spilling blood in order to cover sins? "Hey God, can you forgive me for being bad?"

"Hmmmm, let me think about this one.....maybe if you kill that sheep over there I'll forgive you."

I mean, how did that come about?

And finally, how in the world did the authors of the different books of the bible know what was said in the times when they weren't present, such as all the conversations that took place in Genesis? Moses wasn't around....

What about in Job when Satan and God talked? How'd the author know what was said, he wasn't there?

• 1 year later...

This is another unansweable question for christians.

What makes you so sure that christianity is right and that all other religions are false? And please don't say, "Because christianity has the free gift of salvation" or "In other religion you have to do good works to get into heaven and christianity is different."

I stated not to say those things because just because a religion has good things in them does not make it the right religion. There could be a religion out there that requires you to cut off your left arm. Sounds horrible, right? But just because it sounds bad does not mean that it is false. Who are you to say a religion is false just because it doesn't sound appealing to you?

Also, I'am aware that Jesus is the only God that is alive and that all other gods are dead (or so I've read). I found this to be somewhat compelling. But when I started to think about it, it doesn't really matter. So what if they're god is dead? Why would that automatically make you believe that they're whole religion is wrong?

Also, there are alot of other religions out there that do miracles, healings etc just like christianity.

I personally believe that some parts of christianity are true but certainly not all of it. I believe there are slices of truth in alot of religions. It's like a big puzzle. Because of this, I'm just not sure what religion to resort to.

Also, people from other religions say that they have a good, warm sense of security just like how christians get when they accept Jesus into their hearts. So please don't say anything about christianity giving you a good feeling or whatever because alot of ofther religions do the same.

Also, don't say anything about the Bible fullfilling prophecies because books from other religions do the same, as well as Nostradamus.

Lastly, don't say anything about the Bible fulfilling prophecies about Jesus' birth and death because those prophecies could have been written after Jesus died. The scholars only know so much and there is no way of knowing exactly when those prophecies were written.

Alright, so how is christianity different? Please enlighten me.