Goodbye Jesus

Ultimate Unaswerable Question Which Trumps All The Other Ones...

cogitoergosum

I posted before about some of the unanswerable questions about cruelty to animals by God in the bible, which led me to deconvert. But I'd have to say they were actually just the starting points for my journey, along with questioning biblical genocides, women's rights, slavery, and the ridiculousness of Christ having to die for some rule about blood sacrifice which God had set up in the first place. Then my sister brought up that super-stumper - why did God create Satan and Hell? Except that's not actually the ultimate question. The ultimate question hit me between the eyes like a diamond bullet (to quote Apocalypse Now) while I was watching A.I. for the first time a few months ago and there was this conversation: 'Female Colleague: "But you haven't answered my question. If a robot could genuinely love a person what responsibility does that person hold toward that Mecha in return? It's a moral question, isn't it?" Professor Hobby: "The oldest one of all. But in the beginning, didn't God create Adam to love him?"

I think that moment in A.I. is when my faith truly began to bleed to death, gushing from the jugular. I realized that the question wasn't why did God require blood sacrifice, why did God allow evil, why did God create Satan, etc. No, no, no, the question was,

Why did God create man?

I realized he was an egomaniacal, narcissistic, selfish bastard.

Irrespective of Satan, the fall, or anything else, that he would dare to create mankind at all, for the express purpose of receiving personal adoration and affection, because he thought he was just such hot shit, is the most inexcusable thing of the entire biblical story. And, once you add in Satan, eternal death/torment, and God's foreknowledge of history, the fact that he would create human beings, knowing the suffering that would happen, knowing ahead of time that there were those who would not love him back and would be condemned eternally, was the most barbaric, sadistic, and demented action ever conceivable. But even if we ignore universal suffering during life, I posit that if a trillion people lived throughout history and only one person did not love God and therefore was sentenced to eternal death/damnation, then the entire creation of humankind is an act of evil.

I realized that if God loved us, he would NEVER HAVE CREATED US.

So either he's the most despicably evil God imaginable, or, we weren't created by him. Bottom line. The very act of the creation of man (whether instantaneous or through evolution) is an act of evil by which the entire premise of the religion falls apart. Nothing in the entire Bible really matters, it's secondary. If God was good, we would not be here. End of story.

More great questions. Thank you. If you are female, I would like to make love to you. If you are male, I would still like to make love to you though I am not gay. :D

As I have done in your other threads, I would like to ask a few questions as well that maybe you haven't thought of.

Is this god omnipresent? If so, why did he say this in kjv Genesis 11:7 "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." Being omnipresent, which means he is everywhere at once, why would he need to "go down there" if he was already there? Why would he need a tabernacle built so that he could show up there to meet with the priest if he is everywhere? Seems to me like this god is confined to one location, just as we are.

Is this god omnipotent? If so, why could he not defeat the men who had chariots of iron as in Judges 1:19 " And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

Is this god omniscient? If so, why did he send the flood in the first place when he later said in Genesis 8:21 " I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done." If he understood that about man to begin with, why did he do what he did? Doesn't make any sense.

More great questions. Thank you. If you are female, I would like to make love to you. If you are male, I would still like to make love to you though I am not gay. :D

As I have done in your other threads, I would like to ask a few questions as well that maybe you haven't thought of.

Fantastic points! It seems there is no end to the logical fallacies, plot holes, and contradictions in the Bible. It's actually kind of fun to discover them, but it just baffles the hell out of me how I could have read all those passages for 23 yrs and completely missed all of it. It's absolutely amazing what religious blinders does to your mental faculties.

As for lovemaking, either way, unfortunately you're outta luck, I'm lesbian, lol! But I enjoy having another deep thinker around - for awhile I was scared I was the only one, because one of the clergy I talked to said that in 25 years no one had EVER asked him the questions I was asking. And I thought, either everyone on earth is fantastically stupid, or I am cursed with the world's highest IQ, because how could no one have ever seen all the logical tautologies in this stuff? I felt so alone, like no one had ever asked these questions, no one had ever seen these inconsistencies in the bible... I didn't even know there was such a thing as a community of ex-christians. It's so relieving to be here and know I'm not crazy (but the Bible is!)

It seems there is no end to the logical fallacies, plot holes, and contradictions in the Bible. It's actually kind of fun to discover them, but it just baffles the hell out of me how I could have read all those passages for 23 yrs and completely missed all of it. It's absolutely amazing what religious blinders does to your mental faculties.

Same here! It wasn't until I was 29 that my blinders started slowly opening. 29 years of full-on indoctrination, 14 years of personal time wasted as a passionate believer after fully dedicating my life at age 15. Seeing how absurd the bible and christianity are, it's mind boggling how I could have believed that shit for so long!

Guest Babylonian Dream

No wonder why YHWH lost so many times to Hadad, Hadad rides an iron chariot in the sky pulled by 4 horses.

O and in case you don't know what I mean by that, it was a common belief that it was the gods who went with man in battle, and are the ones who actually caused wars to be won. It wasn't just a semitic belief, it seems to have also been anatolian and influenced belief in greece regarding the gods influencing battle (hence, the Illiad).

Fantastic points! It seems there is no end to the logical fallacies, plot holes, and contradictions in the Bible. It's actually kind of fun to discover them, but it just baffles the hell out of me how I could have read all those passages for 23 yrs and completely missed all of it. It's absolutely amazing what religious blinders does to your mental faculties.

As I am fond of saying, the babble is an atheist's best friend. Enjoy the ride!

The Bible is so silly it's ridiculous.

I mean, you don't have to get very far into it to realize that it's just insane.

In Deuteronomy God gives Moses the 10 Commandments and then he turns right around and tells the Israelites to kills the Caanites. God is clearly psycho.

I'm not an Atheist, but by no means do I believe in the God of the Bible.

Christianty attracts people who are so insecure as to have the need to say, "I'm right and you're wrong."

It's bullshit.

The Bible is so silly it's ridiculous.

I mean, you don't have to get very far into it to realize that it's just insane.

Unless you're already heavily indoctrinated before reading it....

As for lovemaking, either way, unfortunately you're outta luck, I'm lesbian, lol!

So am I! (in a man's body)

As for lovemaking, either way, unfortunately you're outta luck, I'm lesbian, lol!

So am I! (in a man's body)

There are doctors who can fix your body. ;)

I felt so alone, like no one had ever asked these questions, no one had ever seen these inconsistencies in the bible... I didn't even know there was such a thing as a community of ex-christians. It's so relieving to be here and know I'm not crazy (but the Bible is!)

I felt exactly the same way.

I found this site by accident. It's been an oasis for me.

I think most Christians are afraid to ask, or just don't care.

Yahweh was a Reptilian--thus the reason why even the most evil person alive can have a better moral compass than him.

I have actually had fun with Christians who try to reconvert me. I simply ask them how the Gospel is not a flowery form of extortion. If you don't accept Christ, you go to hell. That is like the Mafia making you an offer you cannot refuse..... :wicked:

:lmao:

I have to use that one on the next person who tries to evangelize me. Of course I assume it will only work if they're not so fundamentalist that they've never even watched the Godfather, it being an evil movie full of violence and Catholics!