Goodbye Jesus

What Songs Do You Listen To Now?

Journey

I had been a "worship leader" for 20+ years and play both guitar and keyboard... Ilove to sing and used to love to sing exclusively 'christian worship songs' .. I still love to sing and express myself thru song but am finding it hard to find songs I can really sing from the heart! I've enjoyed a number from Jann Arden and a song by 'lights" Who will drive my soul ... (canadian singers) but just wanted to throw that out there. Especially to ex christian 'worship leaders'... help!!

Also, anyone in the area want to 'jam' ... I miss playing with a band. :(

I used to play acoustic guitar on the worship team and totally lost my desire to play when I deconverted. I really miss it. It's hard to fill that void. I listen to classic rock, all of the satanic music that I got rid of.. and contemporary alternative rock.

If anyone has any suggestions of fingerstyle acoustic guitar music so I can get my hands on some music/tab and I can start to play again I would be forever in your debt! I've been so far out of the loop I don't even know where to start anymore.

I hope you find a group to play with! Good luck!

I like a wide variety of stuff. When I first started my deconversion, I started listening to some stuff from back before I switched to almost exclusively christian music. Since my deconversion I've also started getting into some more modern stuff. Here are some of my likes:

Beatles

Beach Boys

Led Zeppelin

Boston

Kansas

Dream Theater

Rush

King's X

Yes

Van Halen

Metallica

Slipknot

Three Days Grace

Breaking Benjamin

Porcupine Tree

Opeth

Seether

REO Speedwagon

Huey Lewis & The News

Kelly Clarkson

Alabama

Indigo Girls

Ronnie Milsap

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Pink Floyd

Symphony X

Foreigner

Def Leppard

Halestorm

Ratt

Motley Crue

Godsmack

Offspring

Alice In Chains

Within Temptation

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

Judas Priest

Hollies

Reba McEntire

Outfield

Deep Purple

etc....

Motorhead is great too

I had been a "worship leader" for 20+ years and play both guitar and keyboard... Ilove to sing and used to love to sing exclusively 'christian worship songs' .. I still love to sing and express myself thru song but am finding it hard to find songs I can really sing from the heart! I've enjoyed a number from Jann Arden and a song by 'lights" Who will drive my soul ... (canadian singers) but just wanted to throw that out there. Especially to ex christian 'worship leaders'... help!!

Also, anyone in the area want to 'jam' ... I miss playing with a band. :(

I had an idea for getting together and playing with others, you may have thought of it already, though. Maybe you could post on craigs list or whatever they have in Canada, ex-christian worship leader seeks like minded musicians... that kind of thing? Or not even bring religious beliefs into it but emphasize a strictly secular focus. There are a lot of amateur musicians that would love to be able to jam with others and just haven't had the opportunity before. Maybe you could start something? Get together in a community center to be safe... Because I know that they are out there! I'm one of them! Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know how much of an outlet music is for me and what a void in my life it is now.