Goodbye Jesus

If Secularism wins, who looses?

I Broke Free

I am getting really fed up recently with how Christians view secularism. NO, secularism is NOT a religion. It is merely a doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations when making public policy. In addition to rejecting religious considerations, it also rejects the considerations from people who do not have a religion. Yes, believe it our not secularism denies me the right to impose my beliefs on others, just as much as it does to those who are Christian. Atheists don’t win anymore than Christians do when secularism is adopted.

Many Christians have this concept of sin they want to impose on everyone, whether or not they are Christian. But did they ever stop and think that others also have ideas on what is immoral and would like to see illegal if they could? If I had my way children would be shielded from religion until they are old enough to understand how it can negatively affect their lives. I see Christianity and all religions as a barrier to human progress. I honestly see it as an evil force that would best be eliminated.

So what do we do when we have an impasse like this? We agree to disagree that’s what. And a secular government makes that possible. Unless you can prove that an activity is hindering your personal rights, then you have no right to legislate it. I will allow you to go on and ruin your kid’s lives with all your mumbo jumbo crap and you have to allow me to marry my partner of seven years. :shrug:

I wouldn't even use the word doctrine, because it's not a rigid set of beliefs. More like, philosophy.

If I had my way children would be shielded from religion until they are old enough to understand how it can negatively affect their lives. I see Christianity and all religions as a barrier to human progress. I honestly see it as an evil force that would best be eliminated.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:notworthy::sex::notworthy:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hey! How did that get in there?

Theoracy loses. But which Christian theoracy? Hell, Christians can not even agree as to what a public school text book for Texas schools about Christianity should say.

:notworthy:   :notworthy:   :notworthy:  

:notworthy:   :sex:   :notworthy:  

:notworthy:   :notworthy:   :notworthy:

Hey! How did that get in there?

COOOL!!!

It's an illustration of a very important pagan ritual... right?

If I had my way children would be shielded from religion until they are old enough to understand how it can negatively affect their lives. I see Christianity and all religions as a barrier to human progress. I honestly see it as an evil force that would best be eliminated.

I couldn't agree more. Further, I think education and time will lead to it's demise. If the Daily Show is any rubric, in two more generations Christianity will relegated to the sphere of nutters and whackos. By then they'll no longer be a majority, because the baby boomers will be dead.

COOOL!!!

It's an illustration of a very important pagan ritual... right?

HanS are you thinking of Beltaine?

I've been to a few celebrations and they never 'did IT' in the circle! LOL

PR

I am getting really fed up recently with how Christians view secularism. NO, secularism is NOT a religion. ...

IBF I totally agree with your post. One of the hurdles I see is to actually get the christians to think logically enough to see and admit to their sheeps :lmao: that secularism isn't satanism.

And to actually get a government based on secularism would be a feat and a half.

PR

HanS are you thinking of Beltaine?

I've been to a few celebrations and they never 'did IT' in the circle! LOL

PR

Actually the little animation got me thinking of the book The Da'Vinci Code. And the sex ritual described in there. Or the movie, what's the name again... with Cruise and Kidman?

What's Beltaine?

Actually the little animation got me thinking of the book The Da'Vinci Code. And the sex ritual described in there. Or the movie, what's the name again... with Cruise and Kidman?

What's Beltaine?

Eyes Wide Shut.

A horrible, horrible, boring as hell movie, too....uck....

What's Beltaine?

War of the Worlds is the movie I believe you are thinking of.

Ms k got it :grin:

Beltaine is the Pagan May Day celebration. The start of the summer and the coronation of the sun (god).

The lord and lady of the coven consumate on the night of the may to ensure fertile planting. As well as the dance of the May Pole and celebration of the second most important sabbat.

[This is within the Alexandrian Tradition]

PR

War of the Worlds is the movie I believe you are thinking of.

Ms k got it :grin:

Beltaine is the Pagan May Day celebration. The start of the summer and the coronation of the sun (god).

The lord and lady of the coven consumate on the night of the may to ensure fertile planting. As well as the dance of the May Pole and celebration of the second most important sabbat.

[This is within the Alexandrian Tradition]

PR

We have that tradition still in Sweden... except the consummation... :)

But we have the dance around the May Pole. I knew the celebration was pagan of origin, but now I realize what the pole stands for... hehe... Oh, SHIT! I need to get a picture of a may pole, you wont believe your eyes, there's something I remembered about it.

Picture of a Midsommar Stång (mid summer pole)

midsommarst_ng.jpg

Picture of a Midsommar Stång (mid summer pole)

Jesus Christ! :lmao:

Cool pic HanS The celebrations I've been to didn't have such an elaborate pole ... well not the May Pole atleast :wicked:

Back to you IBF so sorry for the hijack Han made me.

PR

It's easy to elaborate on its shape...

"Duh! I have no clue what the rings are supposed to illustrate! Duh!" :lmao:

The next thought I have is... it looks like a cross...

could hanging on a cross literally mean you're screwed?

Ugh! I'm so bad! BAD HANS! BAD HANS!

Okay, I saw the picture, am I crazy or is that some type of phallic(sp?) symbol?

That's what my little elaboration was alluding to... :)

I'm convinced that it is a pagan phallic symbol. But in all these years, I didn't realize that until NOW! When PR brougth up the May Pole, it struck me...

Some say that the cross is a phallic symbol too.

Hey, I like Q. What do you have against John de Lancie?

:HaHa: