Goodbye Jesus

What Makes Chistians Think They Are Saved?

EdwardAbbey

When I tell Christians I deconverted from Christianity, they sometimes immediately assert with arrogance that it is very possible that I was never really, truly saved in the first place. I think that is very condescending and high handed and judgmental.

That said, I have some questions for Christians who "think" they are saved.

What makes born-again believers think they are saved and have a “literal” relationship with an unseen entity that is only based on faith with no amount of knowledge whatsoever?

Didn’t it ever occur to the mind of the believer that they might not be saved from anything except just a belief? Christians have been indoctrinated into believing that there is this problem with our personal human nature called sin and the remedy for this sin problem is salvation by accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and that is what will "save" them from spending eternity in hell.

Well guess what? All that is based on is a belief. It's not a proven fact that there is such a thing as sin and the concept of salvation is nothing more than a problem of it's own making.

In short, in my opinion, all you have is a belief, not a God, not a Lord, not a literal relationship, JUST A BELIEF. Just a belief that you are "saved". You're not really saved at all either just like I was before I deconverted from this religious nonsensical concept.

Unless of course the born-again believer/Christian has substantiated evidence and literal proof based on a logical conclusion that their relationship is without a doubt based on the true meaning of knowledge.

With that said, what makes Christians think they are literally saved from literal sin? But is sin something that is literal? Or is it just a concept?

I think sin is nothing more than a primitive superstitious/religious myth for the purpose of brain washing and mind control.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazy-tiger

• Ouroboros

• Croesus

• dario

Some of them claim to have had an 'experience' or that they 'feel the light of God within them'. These triggers, though rationally explainable, create a more tenacious attachment to their belief. Then again some of them are just fuckin arrogant.

By exposing you as someone who couldn't truly be Christian, they are reaffirming that they are in God's favor. Having God's favor, and earning His attention makes them feel better about themselves. It's the same with how they treat the wicked and sinful, the more cruelty they inflict on the sinner, the higher the favor with God they earn, which in turn makes them feel more important then they really are.

When I was a chrisitian, I was in constant "check" because I was worried that any little thing I did, would tick god off and I would be a toasted shmellow. I have heard some christians say that even though you believe you are saved, there is still a chance that you may not be because the road is narrow. Ok, then why the hell waste your time with salvation if you may not have it anyway? If god wanted people to be saved....which according to christians he does, then why the hell does he make it so difficult to get to heaven???? The "free gift" thing just cracks me up, because it is not free by any stretch of the imagination. PLUS, if it was a free gift, then he is a MAJOR indian giver. Oh here, you can have salvation.......NOT!

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

This one passage of scripture, above all others, caused my deconversion. Try as I might to ignore it and pretend that I was "saved" it kept prowling around me, mocking. No matter how hard I tried, no matter what I believed, no matter how much "faith" I thought I had, no matter what I did, I could NEVER KNOW if I was "saved"! It made me miserable.

That's when I began studying the bible HARD for myself. Up until then I had simply been believing the doctrines fed to me by church leaders. But since there are competing doctrines about "Once Saved, Always Saved" versus "Yes, you CAN lose your faith", versus "You might not BE a Christian at all", how was I to know WHAT to believe? Everyone claimed to have a corner market on the Truth™.

Once I started down this road to discovery it didn't take me long to realize how much fear, guilt and uncertainty the church and the bible had programmed into me. And I didn't like it. The faith that was supposed to "save me" was in fact killing me! I was miserable.

Anyway (didn't mean to get into a mini ex-testimony!), I don't believe ANY Christian is being honest if they claim that they KNOW they are "saved." A point that is clear from the fact that our visiting Christians to this forum have studiously avoided this thread. They don't KNOW that they are "saved" either. How can they KNOW for a fact? The bible is most contradictory on this (and every) subject.

When I tell Christians I deconverted from Christianity, they sometimes immediately assert with arrogance that it is very possible that I was never really, truly saved in the first place.  I think that is very condescending and high handed and judgmental.

It can come across as being judgmental but it’s not the Christian who is doing the judging it’s the Book and when I say the Book I am making reference to the Holy Bible,

That said, I have some questions for Christians who "think" they are saved.

OK

What makes born-again believers think they are saved and have a “literal” relationship with an unseen entity that is only based on faith with no amount of knowledge whatsoever?

Well to answer your question; I would have to say first and foremost it is based upon faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, then from the historical accounts of Jesus written by 8 different authors, its pretty good if you can get 8 people who agree that Christ is who he said he is.

Second what’s the chance of someone fulfilling 300 prophecies of there first coming. If you could pick anybody and from there youth up have them to live exactly as the old testament would have a Jew to live would be absolutely impossible, Of course I know what your going to say these are the writings of Men and you cant prove the virgin birth. There are many other things that can be proven Archeologically, scientifically, but I could have 5-mile parade of religious artifact to prove the existence of Jesus Christ; but if you don’t believe eye witness account then what are you going to believe. Any court of law in America would except the testimony of only 1 eye witness to prove innocent or guilt but 8 eye witnesses who have committed what they saw to writing.

Didn’t it ever occur to the mind of the believer that they might not be saved from anything except just a belief?  Christians have been indoctrinated into believing that there is this problem with our personal human nature called sin and the remedy for this sin problem is salvation by accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and that is what will "save" them from spending eternity in hell.

Yes that is exactly what I believe

Well guess what?  All that is based on is a belief.  It's not a proven fact that there is such a thing as sin and the concept of salvation is nothing more than a problem of it's own making. 

Ok what then is murder, what then is someone sleeping with your wife, what then is someone looting your possessions, where did all these rules come from in society, IE the only reason there looking for someone to blame in N.O. is because the footage of the people ransacking businesses, they have to prove the bible wrong by blaming the government when the Bible said an unrestrained man would act exactly as you saw on the video, so let get rid of the bible and lets get FEMA in here.

n short, in my opinion, all you have is a belief, not a God, not a Lord, not a literal relationship, JUST A BELIEF. Just a belief that you are "saved".  You're not really saved at all either just like I was before I deconverted from this religious nonsensical concept.

Unless of course the born-again believer/Christian has substantiated evidence and literal proof based on a logical conclusion that their relationship is without a doubt based on the true meaning of knowledge.

I'm glad that sjust an opinion and it is the hoplessness that this world is headed for, look at the world we have it great in america and they just keep gripin all the way to the bank.

With that said, what makes Christians think they are literally saved from literal sin?  But is sin something that is literal?  Or is it just a concept? 

I think sin is nothing more than a primitive superstitious/religious myth for the purpose of brain washing and mind control.

Well its just a concept until it happens to you and then you want there blood. If there is no concept of what is right and what is wrong then do whatever the hell pleases you, if theres no final exam then don't study. If life is what it is and then its over, then live for yourself dont mind the kids, if you want another women go get one, live for the flesh drink liquor smoke weed, until you can't drive and then kill inocent drivers, if theres no final exam and the only thing restraining you is the government then do what ever pleases your flesh. But I'm gonna tell ya sin not only will hurts you, it will hurt those around you, it will hurt the ones you love, and will hurt in the end.

Jesus Christ is real he is active as we speak, God not only guided Katrina but he sent Judgment to that town, He said earthquakes would increase and they have, he said wars would increase and they have, He said men would being buying and selling more than ever and they have, he said sodomy would increase and it has, he said false ministers would increase and they have, he said people would wax worse and worse only doing what serves there flesh and they have, no sinner has ever written a book that not only looks at the good side but looks at the fallen nature of man also. Who would write a book and say this is my anointed and King and then show all the sins he committed and showed how life went into shamble, and then have his son come in, live great for 11 chapters and then the whole thing fall apart because of his lust; NOBODY would write such a book in there rite mind. Its proven by the fact that God took men who where just ordinary sinners and made them great men of God and showed you the sins they committed. And how the whole thing fell apart afterwards.

[

This one passage of scripture, above all others, caused my deconversion.  Try as I might to ignore it and pretend that I was "saved" it kept prowling around me, mocking.  No matter how hard I tried, no matter what I believed, no matter how much "faith" I thought I had, no matter what I did, I could NEVER KNOW if I was "saved"!  It made me miserable. 

The reason you where miserable is because you could use Jesus to make you rich or heal you but to save you everlasting soul was just a little to much to believe or little above your intellect. And the only reason you where miserable is because you put on Jesus to give you something instead of putting on Christ to aviod the fall that is to come. When tribulation came you ran away instead of to the saviour and that was God testing your faith and he found you had none. Come to Jesus he still loves you despite the lust of your flesh.......

The reason you where miserable is because you could use Jesus to make you rich or heal you but to save you everlasting soul was just a little to much to believe or little above your intellect. And the only reason you where miserable is because you put on Jesus to give you something instead of putting on Christ to aviod the fall that is to come. When tribulation came you ran away instead of to the saviour and that was God testing your faith and he found you had none. Come to Jesus he still loves you despite the lust of your flesh.......

Sorry folks, I'll be laughing about this response for days to come.

Robert Tilton called and he wants his dogma back!

:lmao:

I would have to say first and foremost it is based upon faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, then from the historical accounts of Jesus written by 8 different authors, its pretty good if you can get 8 people who agree that Christ is who he said he is.
First, the later ones contradict the earlier ones... that alone casts doubt on the veracity of the accounts.

Second, the church itself admits that there ARE faked works in the bible and that they don't know which they are.

Not very good evidence, is it?

Second what’s the chance of someone fulfilling 300 prophecies of there first coming. If you could pick anybody and from there youth up have them to live exactly as the old testament would have a Jew to live would be absolutely impossible, Of course I know what your going to say these are the writings of Men and you cant prove the virgin birth. There are many other things that can be proven Archeologically, scientifically, but I could have 5-mile parade of religious artifact to prove the existence of Jesus Christ; but if you don’t believe eye witness account then what are you going to believe. Any court of law in America would except the testimony of only 1 eye witness to prove innocent or guilt but 8 eye witnesses who have committed what they saw to writing.
1) What prophecies Almost all the prophecies about the Messiah are unfulfilled, while the ones that were are so vague that anyone could have fulfilled tham... especially since they had knowledge of the prophecies and knew what to do to fulfill them.

2) There are NO religious artifacts that are the real things. Considering the history of fake artifacts during the first 200 years after the crucifixion, anyone who claims there are any is either deluded or ignorant... which are you?

3) When the eyewitness accounts include some that are fabricated, it casts doubt on the veracity of ALL the accounts. Since all the accounts agree on certain specifics, this means that ALL the accounts are wrong about those specifics or that the false ones added elements from the true ones to make the lie sound more believable... Remember, a lie with some truth in it will be more likely to be accepted.

Ok what then is murder, what then is someone sleeping with your wife, what then is someone looting your possessions, where did all these rules come from in society, IE the only reason there looking for someone to blame in N.O. is because the footage of the people ransacking businesses, they have to prove the bible wrong by blaming the government when the Bible said an unrestrained man would act exactly as you saw on the video, so let get rid of the bible and lets get FEMA in here.
1) Any society that approves of murder will not last long... It would end very quickly in a bloodbath. People know this and therefore, murder is wrong. (if you think it's right, so would other people and you'd be likely to be killed. Self-presevation forces you to forego murder...)

2) Sleeping with someone's wife is along the same lines... It is in your interests to be the father of any children your wife has. For that reason, which is biological, for it to be wrong for someone to sleep with your wife OR for you to sleep with someone elses wife. (again, if you think it's right, so will other people. The biological urge is to pass on your genes, and you can't do that if your mate is inpregnated by someone else.)

3) Do you want to be looted? No? Then you have the reason why it's against the law.

Now, the biblemay well say that unrestrained men would act like that, but most of the people in NO DIDN'T act like that. The majority of unrestrained men acted just like they would in normal circumstances.

That, by the way, makes your bible wrong on that subject.

I'm glad that sjust an opinion and it is the hoplessness that this world is headed for, look at the world we have it great in america and they just keep gripin all the way to the bank.

Well its just a concept until it happens to you and then you want there blood. If there is no concept of what is right and what is wrong then do whatever the hell pleases you, if theres no final exam then don't study. If life is what it is and then its over, then live for yourself dont mind the kids, if you want another women go get one, live for the flesh drink liquor  smoke weed, until you can't drive and then kill inocent drivers, if theres no final exam and the only thing restraining you is the government then do what ever pleases your flesh. But I'm gonna tell ya sin not only will hurts you, it will hurt those around you, it will hurt the ones you love, and will hurt in the end.

That's what's wrong with your argument... There is a concept of right and wrong that doesn't need the bible. Enlightened self interest...

It's in your self interest to look after the kids... it means you're likely to be looked after when you're older.

It's in your self interest to keep to one mate... unless you'd like other people "using" her.

It's in your self interest to avoid killing people... unless you'd like to get killed.

It's in your self interest to avoid drugs and alcohol in excess... unless you'd like a screwed up body when you get older. (doesn't mean you can't use them, does it?)

On the other hand, you can do all of those without any penalty as long as you believe in Jesus, 'cos it all gets forgiven.

You want to remind me who's the sinful group here?

Jesus Christ is real he is active as we speak, God not only guided Katrina but he sent Judgment to that town, Prove it. He said earthquakes would increase and they have, Where? he said wars would increase and they have, Gee... that's a hard prophecy... Plenty of people have said that throughout history, does that make their beliefs true? He said men would being buying and selling more than ever and they have, Where? It's not in any bible I've read. he said sodomy would increase and it has, Funny... there's less around now than there was while Jesus was alive... he said false ministers would increase and they have, Jesus fits the bill for that, according to the word of God. he said people would wax worse and worse only doing what serves there flesh and they have, You don't know what's going on in the world, do you? If you did, you'd know that they aren't. no sinner has ever written a book that not only looks at the good side but looks at the fallen nature of man also. Boy, do you have some holes in your knowledge.. Who would write a book and say this is my anointed and King and then show all the sins he committed and showed how life went into shamble, and then have his son come in, live great for 11 chapters and then the whole thing fall apart because of his lust; NOBODY would write such a book in there rite mind. Its proven by the fact that God took men who where just ordinary sinners and made them great men of God and showed you the sins they committed. And how the whole thing fell apart afterwards.

Maybe someone who's writing a work of fiction in an attempt to control the masses?

That's been done before, so the bible could very well be just another attempt at control.

Excuse me? Was I talking to you, dickweed? Don't you DARE tell me what I did or didn't do. You don't know me. So keep your assinine platitudes and explanations to yourself. Unless you claim to be one of the rare Christians who DOES know someone else's heart, you can't possibly KNOW what I've done or how it affected me.

"When tribulation came"? Who the fuck said anything about tribulation coming into my life? I said I "READ THE BIBLE". THAT is why I left. I haven't had a god damned thing go wrong in my life. I've led a pretty charmed existence thus far. So fuck you very much for your arm chair psycho-babble.

Fuck off, Croesus. Spare me your brand of "love" and "kindness". I'd rather play with a neo-Nazi as a friend.

Croesus, You are a silly goose you know that? Your wrong, your beliefs are false, you are close minded, arrogant, foolhardy and need to open your eyes to reality. If I moved from a town that was full of assholes and morons (you for instance) and I left that city and found a better city and told the people there how much my old city sucked, you would disagree with me and tell me I lost my way. The same is with christianity buddy, You need to get out of your box and take responsiblity for your actions, humans are evil not Satan, Humans some Humans are forgiving, not god. Forgiveness should not require prerequesites, it should just be given. I'm sorry if I angered you God, but I hate you, I dont care.

lol

later guys I'm out

BC

That's it Croesus......weld those blinders on. I'm really sure you are fully qualified to tell someone ELSE why they are unhappy. A little old-school for ya.

"You can't know a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." - can't remember.

Enjoy your fear and anxiety, we aren't interested in your snake-oil.

Ok what then is murder, what then is someone sleeping with your wife, what then is someone looting your possessions,

What do you call someone getting a 15 year old pregnant against her will when she is engaged to someone else? What do you call someone getting mad at one person and taking it out on everyone else by killing them? What do you call someone talking someone into an attempted murder with their child? What do you call a father who would set his child up for murder? I call it your god.

Sin for us, but ok for him.

Not saying that it is ok to go and do these things....because they are obviously wrong to do.. but to me, it is the pot calling the kettle black.

First, the later ones contradict the earlier ones... that alone casts doubt on the veracity of the accounts.

Second, the church itself admits that there ARE faked works in the bible and that they don't know which they are.

Not very good evidence, is it?1) What prophecies Almost all the prophecies about the Messiah are unfulfilled, while the ones that were are so vague that anyone could have fulfilled tham... especially since they had knowledge of the prophecies and knew what to do to fulfill them.

2) There are NO religious artifacts that are the real things. Considering the history of fake artifacts during the first 200 years after the crucifixion, anyone who claims there are any is either deluded or ignorant... which are you?

3) When the eyewitness accounts include some that are fabricated, it casts doubt on the veracity of ALL the accounts. Since all the accounts agree on certain specifics, this means that ALL the accounts are wrong about those specifics or that the false ones added elements from the true ones to make the lie sound more believable... Remember, a lie with some truth in it will be more likely to be accepted.1) Any society that approves of murder will not last long... It would end very quickly in a bloodbath. People know this and therefore, murder is wrong. (if you think it's right, so would other people and you'd be likely to be killed. Self-presevation forces you to forego murder...)

2) Sleeping with someone's wife is along the same lines... It is in your interests to be the father of any children your wife has. For that reason, which is biological, for it to be wrong for someone to sleep with your wife OR for you to sleep with someone elses wife. (again, if you think it's right, so will other people. The biological urge is to pass on your genes, and you can't do that if your mate is inpregnated by someone else.)

3) Do you want to be looted? No? Then you have the reason why it's against the law.

Now, the biblemay well say that unrestrained men would act like that, but most of the people in NO DIDN'T act like that. The majority of unrestrained men acted just like they would in normal circumstances.

That, by the way, makes your bible wrong on that subject.That's what's wrong with your argument... There is a concept of right and wrong that doesn't need the bible. Enlightened self interest...

It's in your self interest to look after the kids... it means you're likely to be looked after when you're older.

It's in your self interest to keep to one mate... unless you'd like other people "using" her.

It's in your self interest to avoid killing people... unless you'd like to get killed.

It's in your self interest to avoid drugs and alcohol in excess... unless you'd like a screwed up body when you get older. (doesn't mean you can't use them, does it?)

On the other hand, you can do all of those without any penalty as long as you believe in Jesus, 'cos it all gets forgiven.

You want to remind me who's the sinful group here?

Maybe someone who's writing a work of fiction in an attempt to control the masses?

That's been done before, so the bible could very well be just another attempt at control.

Like I said dont believe anything I just wrote and call it all someones interpretation, I yours to lose not mine

Frank

Excuse me?  Was I talking to you, dickweed?  Don't you DARE tell me what I did or didn't do.  You don't know me.  So keep your assinine platitudes and explanations to yourself.  Unless you claim to be one of the rare Christians who DOES know someone else's heart, you can't possibly KNOW what I've done or how it affected me.

"When tribulation came"?  Who the fuck said anything about tribulation coming into my life?  I said I "READ THE BIBLE".  THAT is why I left.  I haven't had a god damned thing go wrong in my life.  I've led a pretty charmed existence thus far.  So fuck you very much for your arm chair psycho-babble.

Fuck off, Croesus.  Spare me your brand of "love" and "kindness".  I'd rather play with a neo-Nazi as a friend.

Relax Dude what is your problem, either you says its true or its not true, but the profanity give me a break it just proves your heart is what it is! Jesus what goes out of mouth proceeds from the heart.......

Like I said dont believe anything I just wrote and call it all someones interpretation, I yours to lose not mine

Frank

Where did I say that it's all your interpretation? That's right... no where.

I don't believe most of what you wrote because IT CONTRADICTS REALITY, not because all those "facts" and questions you reeled out were someone's interpretation.

Please... utilise that brain that I assume you have and try thinking for once. (I'm not going to hold my breath though)

Relax Dude what is your problem, either you says its true or its not true, but the profanity give me a break it just proves your heart is what it is! Jesus what goes out of mouth proceeds from the heart.......

Good reply... NOT!

What is coming out of your mouth is arrogance and ignorance... according to you, that's what you have in your heart.

Arrogant and ignorant... what a combination. :ugh:

Um, Sumerian and Egyptian law was well established BEFORE even Judaism.  Laws of not murder, no rape, even eavesdropping.  The bible isn't special, good grief, do you know anything out of your book?

BTW...I see you are not able to refute that fact that Jesus says those who have done things in his name will not be saved. 

You focus so much on "fulfilled" prophecy that you, pathetically push aside the failed prophecies for Messiah that were to be accomplished the first time around.  You conveniently set-aside end time prophecies of the new earth and heaven described in the OT and instead accept the new and improved version in the NT.  Despite that the OT says nothing in over 4000+ years about eternal hellfire, you conveniently overlook that in favor of eternal torture.  You also disregard that neither heaven nor hell is mentioned in the Torah.  You refuse to see that it is all tribal and all about the land, the wages of sin was simply death, no heaven, no hell, no anything...blessings and curses were meant while on earth for the Israelites and supposedly based on obedience/disobedience to YHWH's petty laws, that are very similiar to the code of hammarubi.

You are dispicable and worship nothing but pure evil.

Years ago (1840–1940) apostate Liberal theologians drummed up the pagan idea

that the Almighty God, Creator of Heaven and Earth—

the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end (Rev.2; Col. 1; John 1)—was simply a local “tribal god” of some Hebrew “bedouins” who came out of Egypt. This

tribal deity—like Mohammed’s moon god (“Allah”)— as a local deity given a preeminent place, like Mohammed

gave to the “chief god” of the 360 gods in the

“Ka’aba.” This tribal god was called “Yaweh.” He took his place

alongside Baal, Sin (Mohammed’s moon god), Molech,

Dagon, Jupiter, Bel, Tammuz, Rimmon, Marduk, Mercury,

Zeus, Thor, Vishnu, Siva, Kali, Chronos, Osiris, etc.

Modern substitutes would be John Wayne, Madonna, John Lennon, Hillary Clinton,

Jackie Onasis, O. J. Simpson, M. L. King Jr., Einstein, Gandhi, JFK, Elvis Presley,

Karl Marx, Michael Jackson, Charles Darwin, Frank Sinatra, Bill Cosby, Sigmund

Freud, Eddie Murphy, et al. hen this word “Yaweh”as passed down from one

liberal “campfire” to another liberal “campfire” by the FCCC (1906) and the NCCC

(1960) and by all of the revisors on the translating committees

of the RSV (1957) and the NRSV (1989). “Yaweh” was the “ticket.” Yaweh has always been the hallmark of all apostate Liberals connected with any ecumenical movement. The idea was to reduce “I AM THAT I AM” (Exod. 3:14 The infinite eternal presence of a living God—to an “Ah is because ah is.” Or as the

rotten, sticking “New” King Jimmy Bible has it, “I am WHO I AM.” The New King

Jimmy Vision (Falwell, 1982–1983) simply joined up with

the unsaved Liberals(Weigle, Tillich, Oxnam,

Sockman, Albright, E. S.ones, N. V. Peale, Pike, Fosdick, Dahlberg, Blake,

Weatherhead, et al.) andadopted their reading as published in the Reprobate’s

Sapheaded Version (RSV,1952) and the Nutty Reversed

Sapheaded Vision(NRSV, 1989).When Elmer Towns, Ed

Hindson, Jerry Falwell, WallyCriswell, A. V. Henderson, and Truman Dollar served onthe “Overview Committee” of the NKJV they simply joinedhands with the FOUNDER ofNeo-evangelicalism: Harold Ockenga. They immediately

dumped the God of Israel as He defined Himself in His first revelation of His NAME

(Exod. 3:14, 6:3). There are seven “Jehovahs” in the Scripture (see below). Not

one of them is “Yaweh” or a tribal God. Not one of them said that He was just “WHO He was.” He said there never was a time when He was

NOT.“And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say

unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you” (Exod. 3:14).“For thus saith the highand lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is

Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble

spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones”

(Isa. 57:15). “For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and

the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to

generation” (Isa. 51:8).

Tell me, you Bible-bashing thug, have you anything better to do than to come in here screaming about how you think the entire world is fixed and static because you think that any kind of change in your precious belief is an evil heresy?

Why don't you go find a street corner to scream on, instead of bothering us?

There are seven “Jehovahs” in the Scripture (see below). Not

one of them is “Yaweh” or a tribal God.

Did I understand you right? Please explain this, do you mean that the Bible didn't say Yahweh but it said Jehovah?

Croesus, as regards post #22: WTF?!?

1. Where did you steal this from? and,

2. What are you TRYING to say?

If your purpose is to confuse and sidetrack this thread, then BRAVO! Mission accomplished. Cause I haven't a CLUE as to what you're babbling about. Can anyone else decipher these mad ramblings for me?

If your purpose is to confuse and sidetrack this thread, then BRAVO!  Mission accomplished.  Cause I haven't a CLUE as to what you're babbling about.  Can anyone else decipher these mad ramblings for me?

Honestly, I have not friggin clue what he's trying to say.

Was it a response to a question or was is a rebuttal of Serenity's post, I'm not sure...

Maybe s/he ran out of meds?

I think he's trying to tell us God's greek? I'm not sure. I know "Jehova" is a Greek transliteration of the original Yaweh, which is in turn a hebrew acronym for "that which cannot be named". So... :shrug:

You know, my daddy had a saying: "Skankboy" he'd say, "Skankboy, an asshole, is an asshole is an asshole." It's nice to see that legacy lives on...

What makes Xtians think they are saved? May as well ask what makes them think an invisible sky daddy really exists.