Goodbye Jesus

Dembski on Daily Show

Zach

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is featuring a week-long special looking at the creation/evolution debate titled: "Evolution Schmevolution." Tonight they hosted a panel featuring a scientist, a "metaphysical theorist," and Bill Dembski. In classic Stewart fashion, Jon turned to Dembski and asked him why an intelligent designer would create a structure as precarious as the scrotum. Dembski stammered for a short while, and tried to fish out a coherent answer, but nothing much came out. Clearly, the segment was edited for time, but it didn't seem like he was able to provide anything in the least bit sensible through the footage they did include.

As an added bonus, Lewis Black riffed on Kent Hovind during his rant, even including a clip from one of Hovind's tapes.

Gotta love that show!

Clips can be found here.

I love how they kinda juxtaposed science with "metaphysical theory."

Good god that lady was crazy.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is featuring a week-long special looking at the creation/evolution debate titled: "Evolution Schmevolution." Tonight they hosted a panel featuring a scientist, a "metaphysical theorist," and Bill Dembski. In classic Stewart fashion, Jon turned to Dembski and asked him why an intelligent designer would create a structure as precarious as the scrotum. Dembski stammered for a short while, and tried to fish out a coherent answer, but nothing much came out. Clearly, the segment was edited for time, but it didn't seem like he was able to provide anything in the least bit sensible through the footage they did include.

As an added bonus, Lewis Black riffed on Kent Hovind during his rant, even including a clip from one of Hovind's tapes.

Gotta love that show!

Clips can be found here.

I saw that last night, it was hilarious. I didn't know Dembski was such a geeky looking guy.

Damn it I miss Cable! I always hated paying for all those channels when I only really watched Spike TV, Comedy Central, the History Channel and KUED (which is actually the local public TV channel), but now that I don't get to watch the Daily Show and Star Trek and KUED comes in like crap through the antenna I'd almost be willing to pay for it again just to get those four!

I saw that last night, it was hilarious.  I didn't know Dembski was such a geeky looking guy.

I know, Dembski reminded me of Bevis and Butthead's hippie teacher.

I real about him a lot when I was doing a research paper on ID. I expected someone who looked like a professor, but what a DORK! :loser:

Damn it I miss Cable! I always hated paying for all those channels when I only really watched Spike TV, Comedy Central, the History Channel and KUED (which is actually the local public TV channel), but now that I don't get to watch the Daily Show and Star Trek and KUED comes in like crap through the antenna I'd almost be willing to pay for it again just to get those four!

woodsmoke, go to www.comedycentral.com and they have all the clips there from evolution schmevolution.

I feel your pain!

I personally miss Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, History Channel, and Spike TV. I am still have withdrawal symptoms from no Star Trek and X-Files.

I missed like two whole seasons of yuyu hakusho since I have been without cable

Seeing Lewis Black hammer Ham and Hovind (The two names sound like a bad dish), and seeing them riff Dayton, TN apart was priceless.

Jon Stewart and this website are the only things that keep me hanging on some days. These are the only evidence I have that sanity still exists in the world.