Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'christian'?

ContraBardus

^^^ That is awesome.

I want to find a sticker or two with something of the following:

A frying pan with a fish in it, sliced, filleted and seasoned.

A butchers block with a nice fat fish sliced cleanly in half by the biggest motherf*cking meat cleaver yo momma's ever seen.

A fish being torn apart into little tiny quivering bits by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. ramen.

I got in on a prayer circle and it soon became clear that it was just gossip disguised as "situations we need to pray about". That really turned my stomach. Wendytwitch.gif I quit going to that. It was interesting hearing all the juicy stuff, but I didn't feel good talking about people like that.

I got in on a prayer circle and it soon became clear that it was just gossip disguised as "situations we need to pray about". That really turned my stomach. Wendytwitch.gif I quit going to that. It was interesting hearing all the juicy stuff, but I didn't feel good talking about people like that.

So that's how you quote people...

That always got on my nerves too.

I'm glad to know someone else saw through the sham! They were revealing stuff about people I knew and cared about that I just should not have been hearing! Really personal stuff. Yeah, not appropriate behavior for anyone. I know people love to do it, but I like a saying I heard once, "If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you." I think that is a Dr. Phil-ism, but am not 100% sure on that. I don't care for that type of behavior.

It's a Southernism I think ;) I'd heard it long before Dr. Phil got a TV show. It goes up there with "little lie, big lie." And it's totally true. I've been on the receiving end of that saying and it is not pretty (though it was a pagan who pulled that stunt with me, not a Christian, so there is that, I guess).

It's a Southernism I think wink.png I'd heard it long before Dr. Phil got a TV show. It goes up there with "little lie, big lie." And it's totally true. I've been on the receiving end of that saying and it is not pretty (though it was a pagan who pulled that stunt with me, not a Christian, so there is that, I guess).

Ah! The saying--with you, to you--kept me from having an affair! I thought, if he'd do that to his wife, he'd certainly do it to me! It's a good Southern-ism!

Not everything from the Deep South is bad ;)

Not everything from the Deep South is bad wink.png

LOL! Never thought it was!

I despise SEVERAL kinds of christards that bother me.

1. Say "heck" when their head says, "HELL". (re: The traffic was HECK! Sorry I'm late.)

2. The ones that have to pray over the smallest decisions, make them badly and insist its GAWD'S WILL!

3. Paste all those fucking FISH on the back of their gimp-assed minivans that haul all the "ARROWS" in their quiver.

4. All "quivering" mega families that refuse to save any oxygen for the rest of us, and look down on those of us who DON'T treat our uteri like a fucking CLOWN CAR!

I agree with you Paine. I like to say hell and a myriad of other words. And I'm not too much on the fish...nor the praying by the cross cowboy figures. Don't know if you have seen those, but it's a bit much.....or more than a bit.

Edit: The fish are more like a status symbol in our part of the world rather than some good thing towards Christ. They are often tacked to Suburbans or Tahoes or Escalades......."I am a good Christian wife with all the ammenities.......3.5 kids, the house, the minivan and a good Christian husband/business man". "We are SOOOOOOO Happy that we put a f'n fish on our car so that you will know"........"you unworthy, unhappy nothing". "Luv ya".

You see where I stand on this I hope.

AWESOME! ;) We CAN agree! (no sarcasm)

OH>> YEEEEAH>>>> forgot about that hypocrisy! Yeah>>>> I am NOT a gossip. Hate it. HATE IT. And when they act like God will say its ok if they PRAY AFTER THEY TRASH SOMEONE..... oh..that FROSTS ME!

• 4 weeks later...

The complacent type. The ones who tell you to "give it over to God" when you pose a challenge they can't answer. Instead of facing it head-on, they ignore it because they really don't care--they just want you to return to the fold so they can put you down on their look-how-many-souls-I-saved list.

They don't care if what they believe is racist or sexist or condones genocide. All they know is it makes them feel righteous.