Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'christian'?

ContraBardus

the most annoying christian is one that thinks they know everything about everything

Im pretty sure that I don't qualify for this one..hehe

You do fall into another one

One that writes there own bible

Hey! I resent that. I do not write my own bible, sheesh.

We have had plenty of arguments over this, and I always tell you that you would of been a great legalistic christian. I am not one of them. I believe in the far greater work of grace, forgiveness, and the growing and changing as part of the journey. Not an immediate perfect human being that you assume christians have to act and be.

There are some instances where I might be considered a liberal christian, but thats only because I am not a part of a church.

Guest Valk0010

the most annoying christian is one that thinks they know everything about everything

Im pretty sure that I don't qualify for this one..hehe

We have had plenty of arguments over this, and I always tell you that you would of been a great legalistic christian. I am not one of them. I believe in the far greater work of grace, forgiveness, and the growing and changing as part of the journey. Not an immediate perfect human being that you assume christians have to act and be.

There are some instances where I might be considered a liberal christian, but thats only because I am not a part of a church.

If you accept, gays and evolution your a liberal in my book.

you forget I say your should try you best to be perfect at all times, you won't be perfect immediately but you have to strive for it.

One type of annoying Christian is the criminal who has become "saved". I've come across this type several times. They are very public about their belief, bringing their bible to work, praying over their lunch, boasting about their church, telling the world how they are saved yet they are still narcissistic criminals who will steal anything that isn't bolted down, and commit sex crimes. I've seen one of them go to a local business talk about Jesus and how they are saved, then pull a short change scam on the cashier. Obviously prison outreach ministries don't work because all it does is create a criminal who becomes religiously self righteous.

The other type are the gushy Christians who speaks as if Jesus is an actual person who is standing right next to them. They don't realize to me and the rest of the non-christian world their talk is just a crazy as someone who in a UFO cult. I ran into tons of these people at my sister's (dry) wedding and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Every other word had to be about Jesus. The minister treated her like she was a child also mentioned publicly at the wedding that my sister is still "pure" (a virgin) and has absolutely no debts. That is a case of too much information and was inappropriate. What is she breeding stock!?! She won't encumber her man with her selfish female debts because every good christian knows that women can't handle money. *Arrgh!*

one that says something is not in the bible when it is, and the guy who says it isn't has read the thing like 5 times

I told him, that the roman guards would not have taken a bride from the jews

He said that is not in the bible

Well it is

Now while they were going, behold, some of the guards came into the city, and told the chief priests all the things that had happened. When they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave a large amount of silver to the soldiers, saying, "Say that his disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept. If this comes to the governor's ears, we will persuade him and make you free of worry." So they took the money and did as they were told. This saying was spread abroad among the Jews, and continues until this day.

Matthew 28:11-15

Bribe, right?

Yep, the Romans took a bribe from the jews.

And this story is very interesting because they had to "explain away" some rumors - that may actually have been true.

The christians that talk their kids into holding signs by the side of the road to protest everything from abortion to Lady Gaga. Get a fucking life and stop making your kids socially retarded.

I agree with this as well. They should be beaten with the signs.

Damn right! I answered the door one day to find what appeared to be a 5 year old Korean boy with his best suit on and his babble in hand. He was flanked by two sober-looking Korean men. They stared silently at me while the cute little guy asked me questions (coached no doubt by the two Jehovah's guards he was with). So, I thought I would say something unexpected that might haunt his memory later in life. One question was "Do you read the Bible?" I said I didn't. He looked perplexed, and then asked if I would be interested in the Bible. I said "No, I'm not. And there are other people who also aren't interested in the Bible". He said "Reeeaally??" The adults glared at me as I said "have a good day"!

There are MANY christian behaviors that I find unnerving. But indoctrinating and then USING a child is the most insidious and immoral thing any christian can do! I'd like to knock the kid's parents heads together a few times! Then I'd tie them each to a chair, and make them listen to "Satanic" music until they go crazy!!!

Koren eh? :wicked: I'd be eying both the guys and smiling like I'm the Whore of Babylon.

One type of annoying Christian is the criminal who has become "saved". I've come across this type several times. They are very public about their belief, bringing their bible to work, praying over their lunch, boasting about their church, telling the world how they are saved yet they are still narcissistic criminals who will steal anything that isn't bolted down, and commit sex crimes. I've seen one of them go to a local business talk about Jesus and how they are saved, then pull a short change scam on the cashier. Obviously prison outreach ministries don't work because all it does is create a criminal who becomes religiously self righteous.

I have no personal experience with this exact type, but it reminds me greatly of the ex-wiccan crowd I've dealt with. They have "escaped devil worship" and can't WAIT to tell everyone and their brother about it. And have plenty to say to me (even though I'm eclectic pagan, and no part of my practice is wiccan in the slightest). And they tend to be backbiting, gossipy scum.

The other type are the gushy Christians who speaks as if Jesus is an actual person who is standing right next to them. They don't realize to me and the rest of the non-christian world their talk is just a crazy as someone who in a UFO cult. I ran into tons of these people at my sister's (dry) wedding and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Every other word had to be about Jesus. The minister treated her like she was a child also mentioned publicly at the wedding that my sister is still "pure" (a virgin) and has absolutely no debts. That is a case of too much information and was inappropriate. What is she breeding stock!?! She won't encumber her man with her selfish female debts because every good christian knows that women can't handle money. *Arrgh!*

Ugh, the "relashunshiiiip" types. Couple that with misogynism, and it's a nice little cocktail that ends up with a dependency on Jeezus as an invisible boyfriend. This type creeps me out.

Humm... Now you know how it feels for people to make assumptions. You're not part of a church, yet you still make comments/assumptions about non-Xains. Do you know there are some Xains who would not consider you Xain because you do not attend church and "write your own Bible", whether you think you do or not?

Koren eh? :wicked: I'd be eying both the guys and smiling like I'm the Whore of Babylon.

And the shocked Korean guy would point in your direction and scream:

"에 대한 검색결과"

Translation: "Sin!!!" :wicked:

We have a Korean holy roller church here in town. At one time, the historic Episcopal Church had one service done in Spanish. I think at least on Catholic Church here also does a service in Spanish. Even more interesting, we have an Islamic Center right down the street from us. Yet I hardly see any obvious Muslims around town. I have seen a few on the State Uni campus though with clothing depicting them as being Muslim. I shy away from them. We have one synagogue on the outskirts of the city. Even so, this whole town caters to different religions with different languages, and esp if they are Xian. You can't walk anywhere without seeing a church- most are English, but sometimes you see a foreign language church too. My question is, why did Rabbi Sherwin have to take her synagogue outside the city limits when this town also dedicates to Islam and those who don't speak English? Why is there only one Unitarian Church in the whole city and it is way out there beyond where the buses reach on Sunday and evenings? Things that make you go 'Humm...'.

I'd say the Turn or Burn! type. Now, I don't mean the well meaning ones, who want us to get saved because they want us to go to heaven, and miss hell. What I mean are the sick fucks who fully recognize that their god Yahweh is a psychotic fiend, and they take sick glee in telling us how we better get right with God, or go straight to hell where there is crying and gnashing of teeth. The arrogant holier than thou sadistic fucks. Those are the ones I hate the most.

Another annoying type of Christian was brought to the forefront of my attention in a recent thread. It's always annoyed me, but didn't come to mind until I saw it again.

The cheerful type that thinks that it's okay to be a smug insulting asshole as long as you don't use 'bad words' and pretend to be cheerful and cute about it. They usually sound as if they're talking to a five year old.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! :banghead:

That just bugs the hell out of me.

Another annoying type of Christian was brought to the forefront of my attention in a recent thread. It's always annoyed me, but didn't come to mind until I saw it again.

The cheerful type that thinks that it's okay to be a smug insulting asshole as long as you don't use 'bad words' and pretend to be cheerful and cute about it. They usually sound as if they're talking to a five year old.

Who could you be talking about bard? :HaHa:

liek omg God is soooooooooo gud you just don't knoe how awesome He has ben to me He helped me talk the rents into geting me this super sparkli iphone i'm posting 2 all u hethens on now lol! He will like save u frm hell n stuf! i bet Jesus wuz so hawt omg g2g n pray for that thot lol!

Who could you be talking about bard? :HaHa:

liek omg God is soooooooooo gud you just don't knoe how awesome He has ben to me He helped me talk the rents into geting me this super sparkli iphone i'm posting 2 all u hethens on now lol! He will like save u frm hell n stuf! i bet Jesus wuz so hawt omg g2g n pray for that thot lol!

Those people in general annoy me.

Hey - can I be the most annoying Christian?

That's sure to get me brownie points in heaven - and I need some more, cuz I bin slack lately.

That's sure to get me brownie points in heaven - and I need some more, cuz I bin slack lately.

Sure! I'm sure we can come up with some sort of sign under your name to designate you as such. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The ones that annoy me the most are the ones who try to push their agenda on others. I can't stand when Christians try to make me believe as they do

The ones that say "God doesn't send you to hell. You choose to go to hell."

The ones that act self-righteous like they are superior

The ones that say, "I'll pray for your soul."

The ones that say they prayed for me and god answered their prayer when something works out good.

The ones that say, "Satan is attacking you."

The ones that say stupid shit like, "You can't see electricity. Doesn't mean it's not there. god is the same way." Ummm hello there's a scientific explanation for electricity.

Many, many more basically almost all of them annoy me.

This statement pisses the everloving FUCK out of me. It's like a mob boss saying "Hey, I didn't shoot up your house, you chose that when you missed payment."

It's still a threat. According to them, god made it as such. He's a sadistic bastard, and they are goons for laying the blame on you for acting how you are born to act.

"Choice" my left labia.

This statement pisses the everloving FUCK out of me. It's like a mob boss saying "Hey, I didn't shoot up your house, you chose that when you missed payment."

It's still a threat. According to them, god made it as such. He's a sadistic bastard, and they are goons for laying the blame on you for acting how you are born to act.

"Choice" my left labia.

So, are you saying that you do not want to go to Hell?

Are you saying that you are not a free moral agent? That you have no choice re: anything you do? that all is fatalism? That there is no such thing as 'personal responsibility?'

If there is no God - do you blame the physical laws of the universe that made you who we are - with absolutely no input from your psyche?

Then, is your recognition that you have no choice, esp in regards to sinful conduct, also an uncontrolled response to your nature?

Seriously - I am interested in your thought process on this.

It's between you and Thumbelina, but you've been here longer so you deserve it. :grin:

Yes. You've been rather lazy.

Sure! I'm sure we can come up with some sort of sign under your name to designate you as such. :lol:

Done.

Ray, your post #69 above is the main reason you win "most annoying Christian" designation.

"Choice" my left labia.

How did you get that out of what he said?

If there is no God - do you blame the physical laws of the universe that made you who we are - with absolutely no input from your psyche?

I blame humans personally. Society has a great affect on people, just as sub-sections of the culture have an affect on people too. Admit it, the thinking in your Xian sect has an affect on how you think and sometimes it is the complete opposite of what the larger society states.

• Super Moderator

The same question occurred to me. Annoying, isn't it?

"Choice" my left labia.

Hey Mriana..."she" said. You know, the left labia reference? :HaHa:

"Choice" my left labia.

Hey Mriana..."she" said. You know, the left labia reference? :HaHa:

Sorry, I see airplanes over head. Not sure how that refers to what Rayskidude asked.

"Choice" my left labia.

Are you saying that you are not a free moral agent? That you have no choice re: anything you do? that all is fatalism? That there is no such thing as 'personal responsibility?'

Then, is your recognition that you have no choice, esp in regards to sinful conduct, also an uncontrolled response to your nature?

Seriously - I am interested in your thought process on this.

This is not about what *I* think, it's about the christian framework around this thinking. If "God" is all-powerful, HE made me this way, HE sends me to hell. Free will is mouthed by christians, but it's a logical impossibility.

What I think is irrelevant. But I don't believe in Hell.

But if it's real, I'd rather go there than kiss the ass of your tyrant god.