Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'christian'?

ContraBardus

CONTRABARDUS:

Successful derailing is successful.

Well, maybe not, as raskidude is showing us a prime example of how to be one of the annoying types of Christians by proselytizing in an inappropriate thread.

He can't help himself. He was predestined by God to be a saved pain in the ass. :shrug:

I'd like to see Ray's reply.

Anyway, I think I've learned the most annoying Christian. I live nowhere near the Bible Belt, and really, I only encountered 2 "bad" Christians in person. (My parents know a few more personally)

But on the internet, the most annoying Christian to me is the one who has to make up a bunch of lies or say a bunch of things that they believe that simply aren't true to try to promote their beliefs. If everything they claim about how "good" Christians are, about how much Christians supposedly helped science and research, and all that other stuff simply isn't true, then what do they have to go by? Nothing. A belief system that can only be promoted by lying is a crappy belief system.

I'd like to see Ray's reply.

Anyway, I think I've learned the most annoying Christian. I live nowhere near the Bible Belt, and really, I only encountered 2 "bad" Christians in person. (My parents know a few more personally)

But on the internet, the most annoying Christian to me is the one who has to make up a bunch of lies or say a bunch of things that they believe that simply aren't true to try to promote their beliefs. If everything they claim about how "good" Christians are, about how much Christians supposedly helped science and research, and all that other stuff simply isn't true, then what do they have to go by? Nothing. A belief system that can only be promoted by lying is a crappy belief system.

You're no where near the Bile Belt? You don't know the most annoying Xians? Well dear you need come on down to Branson. No, I don't live in Branson, but I can tell you the worst of the worst seem to be down there, like a herd of cattle. I think it's that Shepard of the Hills thing that attracts them or something. Even some people on my Star Trek boards can't believe those people. They thought those people were down right RUDE! (and the word "rude" is almost invariably in caps no matter where it falls in the sentence or how the sentence is said) Now that is pretty bad and the Northerners, esp those in the East and the West, who come down here, they say a lot more about the rudeness than just have the word "rude" in caps. Meanwhile, my younger step-cousin moved out to San Diego for a few years and comes back to my grandmother's funeral and announces to all of us during the dinner my relatives church threw right before the funeral, "I THA-INK Gawd I-ee'm back here (drawl it out like a damn hillbilly to get the full nuance of it), be-caws those people in Ca-lee-fern-ee-a are RUDE! They won't even hode a der open fer ya, even if yar pushin' yar motha in a whee-eel char." He moved back just before his big brother committed suicide, but he was non-stop talking about God and how horrible they were with this and that, rude about this and that, not Xian like this and that drawling it all out like he were born and raised in the South and I thought, "And ya wonder why they were rude to you? Why you don't even sound like you belong there. At least when I open my mouth I could almost pass for not being from this backward area, ya damn Hillbilly. Criticizing others like no tomorrow." I then said while we were four outside smoking a cigarette, "I'd love to go to California." He replied, "No ya woodn't. Thay ern't Chreestians and you woodn't like et thar eetha. On de freewa-ee alone thay are rude!" Oh do tell me all great one who use to fly down these rock roads at brake neck speeds and rolling VW Bugs into the river. He and his brothers crashed more cars on those back rocky roads when they were younger and now he crashes gatherings with God, except for those gatherings down there. Why didn't he try taking a bus if he didn't like their driving? Why did he move there in the first place if he couldn't handle it and believes they aren't Xian? He has a very heavy accent and doesn't stop talking about God. Of course he's not going to get a very nice reception from people outside the Ozarks. Then he and his other brother (not the one who committed suicide) start talking about how they wish they'd have even 1/2 as much faith as Grandma did while they are sucking down a cigarette. I'm really quiet at this point and so was the oldest one who committed suicide. Nothing to say, but the two younger cousins go yammering on about how Grandma had all this faith, blah blah blah and praising her for it like a couple of dumb hillbillies.

Less than one day down here and you will find that God is a permanent fixture to almost any conversation, esp the further south you go in MO. I haven't spent much time outside this area, but I'm willing to bet, if you go to Branson, you'll see people praying in restaurants and hear the word God at least 25 times if not more before one day is over with, unless you spend most of your time in your hotel room with the Gideon Bile. Oh and I'll also bet you, at least one person will approach you about God too before your trip is finished.

Last day of my honeymoon down in Branson with my second husband from KC, he didn't want to leave the hotel room to see our final attraction that was planned. He wanted to stay in the room, not just for some hanky-panky, but because he had had enough- from my relatives further south (different trip from the funeral) and those in Branson.

Christians that insist that the bible proves itself, and that all scripture is hands-down proof of any argument, ever.

I want to smack them upside the head with their bibles.

Christians that insist that the bible proves itself, and that all scripture is hands-down proof of any argument, ever.

A nice big family bible, the kind that weighs in at 10 pounds.

Oh then you'd love my 70 y.o. aunt! We were "debating" Evolution. She chuckles and says, "I don't know where scientists get their ideas. It's not in the Bible." I replied, "So a bat is a bird?" She gave me the dirtiest look, but her only come back was, "I think we should change the subject." She can't win with me and she hates it. She was once a school teacher and also knows the Bible very well, so she knew full well what I was saying, but to her, the Bible trumps any scientific knowledge. I do smack her upside the head with her Bible (figuratively), as you can see. I do it too her every time she tries to pull that stuff. :wicked: Then she wants to change the subject, instead of facing the fact the Bible has no knowledge, including scientific knowledge. She can't pull the Bible into any conversation that deals with education without me zinging her. I generally have a trump card to out do hers and she hates it.

Unfortunately, before my mother even begins, she becomes a whiny baby and turns it towards herself. "But I just..." "But I had..." "But I want..." Now THAT'S annoying. You can't even use scripture on that crap. You just want to smack them upside the head and say, "Ah, Grow Up!"

• Super Moderator
"I don't know where scientists get their ideas. It's not in the Bible."

Priceless. A little scary too. Brainwashing will do that to an otherwise healthy mind.

Priceless. A little scary too. Brainwashing will do that to an otherwise healthy mind.

Oh yeah, but she wasn't too healthy to begin with given that she was born into it. I don't think her teaching degree helped her to snap out of it much. So many teachers K-12 seem to still buy into it, even today.

Oh yeah, but she wasn't too healthy to begin with given that she was born into it. I don't think her teaching degree helped her to snap out of it much. So many teachers K-12 seem to still buy into it, even today.

Oh, I know this all to well with teachers.

The teacher that replaced the one at the christian school that offered books on evoulution (didn't even properly teach it) fully believed in creation - I think even the young earth kind. She just spouted a shortened version of the argument from complexity, which even I knew at the time was retarded. She'd get finished explaining something like photosynthesis or oxygen-binding to hemoglobin, and then go off with "isn't it wonderful how Gaawwd designed all of life??"

I wanted to punch her, even while I was trying to be a christian.

The ones my relatives are... they cuss, gamble, do drugs, sex outside of marriage, racist, all sorts of things out of Xtian character, but if you were to bad mouth xtianity or even say there was no God, they will suddenly come down on you and say you are the one going to Hell, even if you live by more stricter moral standards than they do. That statement sums up my family well. I have one uncle that came out atheist and all the rest of them now are totally against them, I don't want that to happen to me.

The well off/rich Christians who look down on those who aren't, and also who look down on those who have had a rough life of no fault of their own. My evangelical Christian relatives are like that as they still don't get the idea of how budget cuts affect work hours, and that a person whose had a hard life can rise above it-though it takes more struggle than someone born with a silver spoon in their mouth ( like my three younger cousins).

They act as if college loans are some kind of welfare, and think I'm a lazy bitch because due to not being able to find a good paying job (which is hard in California without having an least a B/A) I live with my mother and grandmother.

Oh, I know this all to well with teachers.

The teacher that replaced the one at the christian school that offered books on evoulution (didn't even properly teach it) fully believed in creation - I think even the young earth kind. She just spouted a shortened version of the argument from complexity, which even I knew at the time was retarded. She'd get finished explaining something like photosynthesis or oxygen-binding to hemoglobin, and then go off with "isn't it wonderful how Gaawwd designed all of life??"

I wanted to punch her, even while I was trying to be a christian.

Oh, one of those :rolleyes:

The ones my relatives are... they cuss, gamble, do drugs, sex outside of marriage, racist, all sorts of things out of Xtian character, but if you were to bad mouth xtianity or even say there was no God, they will suddenly come down on you and say you are the one going to Hell, even if you live by more stricter moral standards than they do. That statement sums up my family well. I have one uncle that came out atheist and all the rest of them now are totally against them, I don't want that to happen to me.

All that you listed are sins to my relatives- except the racism. In order to be a "Perfect XianTM" you don't do those things. Of course, you never ever used the "N" word, but they showed their racism in other ways. For example, my mother when my first ex was carrying my things to her house, in which to give back to me, "He carried a HUGE box of your things to the porch like buck." If you know what "buck" means, you probably cringed.

The most annoying type...

1) The complete MORON who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. AKA: Ray Comfort

2) The ones who (because they love you and don't want you to go to hell, of course) try to convince you that you are a terrible, awful, hopeless creature who needs jesus to save you. And they don't mind trying to make you look stupid in the process. AKA: Ray Comfort

3) The ones who use the same 3 arguments over and over and over and over and over, because they don't like to do any actual thinking. AKA: well, you know

4) The ones who copy the same 3 arguments word for word from the annoying persons described above, simply parroting what they've heard because they either don't know how to think, or they're too afraid to think for themselves. AKA: Kirk Cameron (and many more, I'm sure)

5) Fred Phelps and his crew. Ugh.

6) Anyone on TBN

7) The crazy gospel preachers/singers who yell, grunt, roll around, scream, and throw in an occasional "hallelujah" or some reference to jesus...just putting on a show, really. I guess though, if you're going to worship a pretend being, it's okay if the worship is make believe too.

8) The self-abasing ones who think only god gives them any kind of worth at all.

9) The one who has to put god into every sentence, or give god credit for things like finding the lost keys or having cereal to eat in the morning.

10) The ones who still try to preach the "gospel" to you, even AFTER they've heard the title of EX-christian.

:talkalot:

The most annoying type...

1) The complete MORON who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. AKA: Ray Comfort

2) The ones who (because they love you and don't want you to go to hell, of course) try to convince you that you are a terrible, awful, hopeless creature who needs jesus to save you. And they don't mind trying to make you look stupid in the process. AKA: Ray Comfort

3) The ones who use the same 3 arguments over and over and over and over and over, because they don't like to do any actual thinking. AKA: well, you know

4) The ones who copy the same 3 arguments word for word from the annoying persons described above, simply parroting what they've heard because they either don't know how to think, or they're too afraid to think for themselves. AKA: Kirk Cameron (and many more, I'm sure)

Your top four need the Crocoduck song! :58: :58: :58: :58:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_sYazHoas

:58: :58: :58: :58: :58:

Oh, and...

motivatorcd01662f9b1910.jpg

The ones that say "I'm just interested in open dialogue" or "I'm just curious as to what you believe", but really are just looking for an in to evangelize. They're just looking for a handle to grasp and beat you with your own words.

It's lying, it's fucking dishonest, and it has made me not want to talk about my beliefs with anyone face to face. This shit happened in college so often, and usually ended with "well, you're just worshiping creation, not the creator, so you're deceived by the devil, and you're going to hell."

Open dialogue my ass. Fucking liars for Jeebus.

The kind that acts concerned for social justice issues but is fatalistic in the sense that they think the only solution for the world's problems is for Jesus to come riding back on a cloud. In other words, christians that see the world's many problems and instead of working for real-world solutions, they make small individualized efforts and then wait for the deus ex machina. But as long as their conscience is clear! amiright?!

How 'bout the plethora of schools, hospitals, orphanages, clean-water projects, AIDS/HIV clinics in rural Sub-Saharan Africa, bringing in refugees from all over the world to the USA to live, agricultural projects, political pressure against slavery in northern Africa, soup kitchens & Rescue Missions & drug rehab centers, AND churches, etc.

All done by Christians since the 1700's - all done by volunteer career missionaries supported by willing donations from churches and believers. And during the Black Plague; i.e., the bubonic plague in Europe - who stayed in the cities to care for the sick and bury the dead? The Protestant Christians.

And what have the Ex-c's done? What have atheists done to improve life on planet Earth? What has the beloved UN done since 1954?

Please, do some research before you post drivel.

Oh, so what were the christians doing prior to the 1700s? What was that? Beating the living shit out of muslims and jews for not being christians, am I right? Driving the jews out of Europe because it was easier to kill unbelievers in your home town than going all the way to the Levant. The Reconquista.

Are you referring to the plethora of schools and orphanages in which children were sexually and physically abused, and exploited for cheap labour? Wow, christians are so kind. (Insert facemelting sarcasm here).

Are you talking about the clinics for all the AIDS/HIV cases that were caused by the catholic church, and other christian chuches, telling the poor, uneducated, suffering people of Africa not to use condoms? So they're trying to clean up the mess they made, are they? Wow, what good moral citizens. Maybe I can invite them around to break my legs so they can set them again, and thus demonstrate their profound christian compassion.

The soup kitchen in my town is run by a nice Albanian muslim couple who also run a kebab shop for a living. Not christians. Go figure. What a surprise. Not.

What about all the cultures those 'missionaries' obliterated? What about all the missionaries who flogged little Koori children and Aboriginal kids in the north of Australia for speaking their own languages? Those languages have now been lost. What about the ethnic and cultural heritage of those Pacific Islander nations that were decimated by kind missionaries, who brought smallpox and measles and all sorts of other lovely diseases to nations who had no natural defence to them? What compassion those missionaries demonstrated by completely wiping out populations and destroying their cultures. NOT.

Another reason the christians didn't do anything really prior to the 1700s is that they didn't have much of a 'rest of the world' to look at. The church held science back by enforcing a scientific world view that the sun and planets revolved around the Earth, and even prohibited examining human bodies for scientific research, so for many hundreds of years, medical textbooks were based on the bodies of other animals. Science, which could have done great things for the human condition, was held back by the church. Remember, the church didn't want people to read the bible, or read anything, full stop. They did everything they could do to control things that could improve humanity, because these things were a threat to their power. So all the good things we have, like medicine, and science, and machines, were all delayed. We could have been in space centuries ago if it wasn't for your wonderful christians.

What have the Ex christians done in that time? Well, they've been killed during the Middle Ages for not being christians. Ex christians are not a cohesive group. Whatever charitable acts they do are not in the name of being an ex christian or an atheist. They are done under no label. So they don't normally stick out. Atheists don't need to stick their brand name on stuff liek the christians do. There are millions of atheists helping people for nothing but the pleasure of helping. Not like the christians, who offer help to vulnerable people, and then try to use it to persuade people to become christians. Christians NEVER give totally altrusitically. It is always for the support of what ever brand name of christianity they are members of. It is always to advertise their religion and try to inject it into the lives of others, when they are most vulnerable. There is NOTHING altruistic in saying "Here is some food and medicine. Have you heard the good news?" If it was truly altruistic, their religious beliefs would NEVER come into it.

Ray, you are the most annoying type of christian. The kind that goes "Look at all the wonderful things christians do!" but won't admit to the heinous damage they have done that far outweighs any good they could possibly do, because it would damage their precious little worldview and make their brains hurt.

Yes, the most annoying type of christian is a cunt like Ray. Do I win a prize now? :)

Ha. Uhm, definitely seconded. I'm surprised that there are even still people that need this explained to them. Well put. :)

ContraBardus, that Kirk and Ray video was fucking great. My least favorite christians are the "spiritual", "demon hunter", type. The people who use spiritual experiences to prove jesus is real. I have a friend like that, and it pisses me off to no end. He tells me his lame stories(he has about 3) in hopes of scaring me back to the lord. But my background is strictly crazy pentecostalism, so these types aren't too rare.

Your top four need the Crocoduck song! :58: :58: :58: :58:

That was HYSTERICAL!!! "Mr. Crocoduck, I want a banana..." I almost peed my pants when they showed the Jean Luc Picard facepalm!

Thanks for the laugh! :)

I want a crocoduck. They look cute.

Its a Croco-Something but it aint no duck :o

I want a cat-dog. :lol:

I want a cat-dog. :lol:

Your catdog

joke%20catdog.gif

:lol: Someone who was reading my mind about cat-dog. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Before i was a christian i could not stand the christians who always preach "Jesus loves you" and expect it to pull in the crowds...that put me off big time

When i was a Christian i still hated hearing it being used as a conversion tool...i could not see the logic in it unless he is preachin it in a starving third world country perhaps

Now i am not a Christian i surprise surprise still can't stand that message of "Jesus loves you"...it just makes no sense that this line could reel in sinners...especially masculine men.

Before i was a christian i could not stand the christians who always preach "Jesus loves you" and expect it to pull in the crowds...that put me off big time

When i was a Christian i still hated hearing it being used as a conversion tool...i could not see the logic in it unless he is preachin it in a starving third world country perhaps

Now i am not a Christian i surprise surprise still can't stand that message of "Jesus loves you"...it just makes no sense that this line could reel in sinners...especially masculine men.

I suppose it appeals to peoples emotions. At least thats what it tries to do. Especially the emotions of those who are having a hard go in life.