Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'christian'?

ContraBardus

For me, the type that talk non stop about jesus and religion and always find a way to bring it into the conversation to try and get you to talk about it because they don't know how you feel about religion and they're trying to get you to talk about it. I usually change the subject, mainly because I know they want me to talk about religion and it probably irritates them slightly that I leave them in the dark.

I hear you with this one.

This happened with a friend of mine. We used to work together and that's how we became friends and when we would talk about what we disagree with between each other, I actually respected the guy. He seemed to honestly want to get to know my side. I'll never forget the long discussion we had between each other that even engaged another non-believer to come about and talk about his views. It impressed me that he did ask questions to want to get to know my side and then even give his side as a rebuttal or to offer the ability to give my rebuttal.

Then he sent me a video on Facebook about this guy that loves heavy metal, who played in heavy metal bands and who just lived this life of sin, even raped someone, all the cliched stuff, and it reminded him of me. So I confronted(the only way confrontation can be done on Facebook) about this because it is offensive to me to be compared to a man like that simply because he likes heavy metal. He did reply and say that the only aspect of it that reminded him of me was the fact that the guy was all about heavy metal and he knows how much I love heavy metal. We worked it out after honest discussion and such...nevertheless...annoying as hell.

Keep the prodigal son stories to oneself is my view. Everyone has a story so move on.

The next type would be the ones that think "christianity is the only religion that isn't excepted in the United States". I'd like to advise them to try and run for political office as anything but a christian and see how much luck you would have. It would be absolutely out of the question in most places in this country. I even met one lady who thought airport security was harassing her because she was a christian. Are these people oblivious to the fact that like 80% of this country is christian?

That is annoying and quite hilarious to me. My immediate response is move to a country that does persecute Christians and then come back if they survive and tell me that Christianity isn't accepted here in the USA.

The next type would be the ones that think "christianity is the only religion that isn't excepted in the United States". I'd like to advise them to try and run for political office as anything but a christian and see how much luck you would have. It would be absolutely out of the question in most places in this country. I even met one lady who thought airport security was harassing her because she was a christian. Are these people oblivious to the fact that like 80% of this country is christian?

Perceived persecution where there is none is one of the most irritating things about evangelical christianity. It seems to boil down to 1. since they can't FORCE their morals and views on everyone at all times, "HELP HELP, I'M BEING REPRESSED!" 2. they must see people being annoyed with them (because they're being ANNOYING, usually) as persecution, because they can't be RUDE, they're speaking for GAWD, and the bible says they will be persecuted! That must be it, not that they are acting like total asses!

I like to ask them to try being a pagan in Alabama for a week, like I was. This is why it pisses me off so badly. They haven't had fucking rocks thrown at them, or told that they will be staked to the bed in their sleep (because you kill a witch like a vampire, apparently....I dunno). Fucking babies.

I find this type of Christian Annoying: the ones who want to be allowed to send religious pamphlets home with little children, advertising church activities and stuff, and then get into a big hissy fit when some Pagans also send home some religious pamphlets of their own with the little kiddies!

"Hey! We want our children to be exposed to all religions, but not yours, just ours!" :ugh:

Partially, I think it's rather funny, but incredibly hypocritical. Same with ones who get upset because of an atheist billboard.

I get annoyed with the Christians who isolate themselves from non-Christians and are social butterflies with every Christian in their town. They create this type of world where everyone in their world thinks, talks, and believes like them. They have Wednesday night Bible studies at their home with 50 other members of their church, they have their own prayer groups, they send their kids to Christian schools, they go to every social event at their church, and all of their social activities revolve around other Christians. They write off all non-Christians as inferior and not worth their time. They believe they are God's chosen ones, and they feel so blessed to be a part of a Christian community. All of their language/vocabulary is the same.. for example, "thanks so much for praying for me last week" (even though they have no proof they were prayed for).. or "Praise the Lord".. or "I encourage you to have daily devotions and prayer time or you will forget your way", etc. Just because I act differently than them, they're probably suspicious that I'm "away from the Lord" and they pray for me every day.

Another thing that annoys me is when Christians automatically say someone is rejecting God or rejecting their faith when they sense that someone is away from God. I'm not rejecting anything, I just don't believe. If I actually believed and still didn't act on it, then you could say I'm rejecting Christianity. But I just don't believe.

I'm annoyed by christians (or muslims or jews or atheists) who argue based on authority or dogma rather than honest reason. It's even more annoying when they also are certain they know all the answers and aren't willing to consider well-reasoned arguments that contradict what they "know" to be true.

I dislike stiff, humorless fundys that can't even stand to hear mild profanity. The type that will walk out of a room of people because someone says a cuss word in a movie.

Ugh, my parents were like that. Especially my mom, she had some kind of special radar for that stuff. If there were 3 seconds of something inappropriate in the length of a 2 hour movie she would always manage to walk into the room right then and bust me. It was uncanny.

My mom would hit the fast forward button whenever she heard a cuss word in a movie. Of course, by the time you hear one, it is too late, so we heard pretty much all the cuss words, and missed a big portion of the relevant dialog. She'd just fuck up the movie. I tried explaining the folly of doing this, but to no avail.

the most annoying christian is one that thinks they know everything about everything

Im pretty sure that I don't qualify for this one..hehe

I definitely qualified as one of these when I was a christian, and even for a little while after deconversion. Luckily, I become more humble with age.

The christians that talk their kids into holding signs by the side of the road to protest everything from abortion to Lady Gaga. Get a fucking life and stop making your kids socially retarded.

I agree with this as well. They should be beaten with the signs.

Damn right! I answered the door one day to find what appeared to be a 5 year old Korean boy with his best suit on and his babble in hand. He was flanked by two sober-looking Korean men. They stared silently at me while the cute little guy asked me questions (coached no doubt by the two Jehovah's guards he was with). So, I thought I would say something unexpected that might haunt his memory later in life. One question was "Do you read the Bible?" I said I didn't. He looked perplexed, and then asked if I would be interested in the Bible. I said "No, I'm not. And there are other people who also aren't interested in the Bible". He said "Reeeaally??" The adults glared at me as I said "have a good day"!

There are MANY christian behaviors that I find unnerving. But indoctrinating and then USING a child is the most insidious and immoral thing any christian can do! I'd like to knock the kid's parents heads together a few times! Then I'd tie them each to a chair, and make them listen to "Satanic" music until they go crazy!!!

Let me suggest using this tune, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVr6EjIT4Hg, in your selection of satanic music. "Am I Evil" is another good one from this same album.

But, it's not at all irrelevant what you, or anybody, thinks.

Or else why does Jesus say in Matthew 11;

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

or again in Matt 9The Harvest Is Plentiful, the Laborers Few

35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

The Holy Bible : English standard version.

Or as Luke records in chap 24;

44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

And finally, in Revelation 22;

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Re 22:16–17). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

The grace of God, sourced from His love - is available to all in Christ. Forgiveness of sin through the Person & Work of Jesus Christ secures salvation for any and all who trust in Him.

Your decision in this regard is both real and relevant.

rayskidude,

Oh boy -- I see you like vomiting up scripture to make your point.

You believe -- with all your heart -- that whatever jesus says -- it MUST be true -- correct?

I'll take a page out of your playbook and vomit up scripture too!

[This has been reposted from another thread, with some minor changes, for rayskidude to address specifically]

I'll tell you what -- You're a disciple of Christ, a Jesus follower; an christian believer -- why don't you and your merry band of christian believers get your asses out to your local Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where children are egregiously suffering and dying from aggressive childhood diseases, inoperable brain tumors, hideous burns, etc. and start healing ALL the sick children, like your bible and jesus tells you.

Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall...drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Holy shit!?! Good thing you are a christian believer. You are a christian believer -- yes? Not only can you drink poison you can heal the sick!

Matthew 10:6-8 As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Jesus commands you to go out and heal -- what are you waiting for?

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

The bible is clear -- believers can get what they want. I guess you just want to let little children suffer in egregious, unimaginable agony; otherwise you would be doing what your bible tells you to do.

Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Can't you ask Jesus to let you heal all the terminally ill and suffering children?

Matthew 17:20 I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

NOTHING is impossible. See you don't even have to be full of the spirit -- you have at least enough faith that equals a minuscule mustard seed --right? -- you know being a christian believer and all.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Come on! At least start at your local Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and ease ALL those innocent children from their massive suffering -- HEAL THEM!

Matthew 18:19 Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

I'm sure you have plenty of deluded christian believing friends and relatives who believe the way you do -- you just need one more. Think of ALL the babies and children you can heal from their vile suffering.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

You believe -- right? There are countless children in your area who are suffering in horrible reprehensible ways -- all you have to do is lay your hands on them -- you know if you are a christian believer (mustard seed of faith) and you believe ALL this bullshit in the bible is true).

John 14:12-14 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

ANYTHING? How about healing a new-born who has an inoperable brain tumor or a horribly deformed baby or a child who has terminal cancer, or a child who just had ALL of his arms and legs amputated? Either you CAN (like Jesus says) heal suffering, sick children or you are an uncompassionate, obscenely apathetic, morbidly negligent monster who is withholding the healing power Jesus gave to you.

Come on, what are you waiting for -- you believe what the bible says and jesus says you can heal -- right?

I await for you to ignore this entirely or to dig in your bag of tricks where you will diverge and use bloated rationalizations, twisted logic and lame excuses to salvage your precious, jesus sayings.

Waiting...............

--S.

But, don't you know? These verses aren't really part of the bible. They were just added later. My copies of the original texts say so.

If there's one kind of stupid I really hate, it's willful stupidity. The intentional kind where the fool takes pride in their own dumbness.

I think this is what Darklady is talking about, and I'd agree it's really irritating. They're often very cheerful people, but they literally don't -want- to learn anything because they're afraid it might interfere with their Faith.

The "I'm an idiot on purpose because God obviously wants us all to be morons. Learning stuff is dangerous because it might make you not believe in God anymore."

It's like they have some strange phobia about using their own brain and making decisions of their own. In fact, that might actually be the exact case.

@Darklady: BTW out of curiosity, is your Username a Sailor Moon reference or does it have some other meaning?

darkladyw.jpg

I remember when I was a kid, one of my preaching uncles used the phrase "let's be fools for christ". I remember thinking, "why would god want us to be fools? That doesn't make any sense."

• Super Moderator

The more I read this thread and other recent postings from the believers, the more I feel moved to go back to my original answer.

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'Christian'?

A live one.

But, it's not at all irrelevant what you, or anybody, thinks.

Or else why does Jesus say in Matthew 11;

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

or again in Matt 9The Harvest Is Plentiful, the Laborers Few

35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

Or as Luke records in chap 24;

44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

And finally, in Revelation 22;

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Re 22:16–17). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

The grace of God, sourced from His love - is available to all in Christ. Forgiveness of sin through the Person & Work of Jesus Christ secures salvation for any and all who trust in Him.

Your decision in this regard is both real and relevant.

rayskidude,

Oh boy -- I see you like vomiting up scripture to make your point.

You believe -- with all your heart -- that whatever jesus says -- it MUST be true -- correct?

I'll take a page out of your playbook and vomit up scripture too!

[This has been reposted from another thread, with some minor changes, for rayskidude to address specifically]

I'll tell you what -- You're a disciple of Christ, a Jesus follower; an christian believer -- why don't you and your merry band of christian believers get your asses out to your local Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where children are egregiously suffering and dying from aggressive childhood diseases, inoperable brain tumors, hideous burns, etc. and start healing ALL the sick children, like your bible and jesus tells you.

Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall...drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Holy shit!?! Good thing you are a christian believer. You are a christian believer -- yes? Not only can you drink poison you can heal the sick!

Matthew 10:6-8 As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Jesus commands you to go out and heal -- what are you waiting for?

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

The bible is clear -- believers can get what they want. I guess you just want to let little children suffer in egregious, unimaginable agony; otherwise you would be doing what your bible tells you to do.

Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Can't you ask Jesus to let you heal all the terminally ill and suffering children?

Matthew 17:20 I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

NOTHING is impossible. See you don't even have to be full of the spirit -- you have at least enough faith that equals a minuscule mustard seed --right? -- you know being a christian believer and all.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Come on! At least start at your local Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and ease ALL those innocent children from their massive suffering -- HEAL THEM!

Matthew 18:19 Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

I'm sure you have plenty of deluded christian believing friends and relatives who believe the way you do -- you just need one more. Think of ALL the babies and children you can heal from their vile suffering.

Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

You believe -- right? There are countless children in your area who are suffering in horrible reprehensible ways -- all you have to do is lay your hands on them -- you know if you are a christian believer (mustard seed of faith) and you believe ALL this bullshit in the bible is true).

John 14:12-14 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

ANYTHING? How about healing a new-born who has an inoperable brain tumor or a horribly deformed baby or a child who has terminal cancer, or a child who just had ALL of his arms and legs amputated? Either you CAN (like Jesus says) heal suffering, sick children or you are an uncompassionate, obscenely apathetic, morbidly negligent monster who is withholding the healing power Jesus gave to you.

Come on, what are you waiting for -- you believe what the bible says and jesus says you can heal -- right?

I await for you to ignore this entirely or to dig in your bag of tricks where you will diverge and use bloated rationalizations, twisted logic and lame excuses to salvage your precious, jesus sayings.

Waiting...............

--S.

But, don't you know? These verses aren't really part of the bible. They were just added later. My copies of the original texts say so.

Oh shit, my smart ass comment was a reference to something LNC said in a different thread. I'm getting my christians and thread mixed up today. Sorry folks.

I remember when I was a kid, one of my preaching uncles used the phrase "let's be fools for christ". I remember thinking, "why would god want us to be fools? That doesn't make any sense."

I heard that one before myself. Paul says in one of his letters, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation ..." etc. This verse is used, in a bit of a stretch, to induce guilt in people when they are not comfortable with being a Christian Super-Saleperson. Then you have guys like your uncle who will take it even further and say, "let's not mind feeling or being thought of as foolish for doing something at god's bidding". At this point you can get people to do all sorts of bizarre stuff -- or failing that, at least not to speak against it or even think against it.

Its a sort of desensitization, I guess, combined with public shaming / comparing / judging. After awhile, literally anything goes.

A church I attended as a child made an ill-advised hiring decision, calling a pastor named, ironically, Kindheart (if that was his real name). Once installed, he quickly took a sharp left turn into pentecostalism. One Sunday he apparently hadn't had time or inclination to prepare a sermon so he just said that god had told him that the congregants should just quietly meditate. Another time he said god told him that there were demons present, at which point he pulled the belt off his pants and made like to whip people in the pews, etc. He got nuttier and nuttier -- I don't know for sure how nutty because my family, along with several others, abandoned the church to this guy and his followers. One day Kindheart abandoned the church -- we just found it empty and went back in. He had gotten some sort of prophetic word about going south someplace to "build a tabernacle" and blew town with a couple of his follower's families in tow. One family that went with him returned to town a few weeks later, apparently chastened, and never did return to the fold.

That's probably the craziest thing that ever happened during my stint in the church.

The ones that won't leave us alone to eat babies and have nonstop orgies ( pausing only to get drunk and eat more babies) like all us bible ignorant mad-at-god types really want.

I heard that one before myself. Paul says in one of his letters, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation ..." etc. This verse is used, in a bit of a stretch, to induce guilt in people when they are not comfortable with being a Christian Super-Saleperson. Then you have guys like your uncle who will take it even further and say, "let's not mind feeling or being thought of as foolish for doing something at god's bidding". At this point you can get people to do all sorts of bizarre stuff -- or failing that, at least not to speak against it or even think against it.

Its a sort of desensitization, I guess, combined with public shaming / comparing / judging. After awhile, literally anything goes.

A church I attended as a child made an ill-advised hiring decision, calling a pastor named, ironically, Kindheart (if that was his real name). Once installed, he quickly took a sharp left turn into pentecostalism. One Sunday he apparently hadn't had time or inclination to prepare a sermon so he just said that god had told him that the congregants should just quietly meditate. Another time he said god told him that there were demons present, at which point he pulled the belt off his pants and made like to whip people in the pews, etc. He got nuttier and nuttier -- I don't know for sure how nutty because my family, along with several others, abandoned the church to this guy and his followers. One day Kindheart abandoned the church -- we just found it empty and went back in. He had gotten some sort of prophetic word about going south someplace to "build a tabernacle" and blew town with a couple of his follower's families in tow. One family that went with him returned to town a few weeks later, apparently chastened, and never did return to the fold.

That's probably the craziest thing that ever happened during my stint in the church.

Wow, he really was a fool for christ.

• 2 weeks later...
And since I'm a woman, I don't have anything he ever wanted.

He swung both ways.

The ones that won't leave us alone to eat babies and have nonstop orgies ( pausing only to get drunk and eat more babies) like all us bible ignorant mad-at-god types really want.

:lmao:

Definitely. I missed a prime zombie-making night due to those types. What will I do for dark minions now???

The ones that annoy me are pretty much a few types:

1. The ones who look down on you because you're different. Even if you're a straight white Christian, if you don't fall into their "norm" (I was homeschooled, they were public schooled), they shun you.

2. The ones who think they know it all, and insist that you're doin' it wrong. "GAWD CREATED THE WURLD OFER THOSANDS OF YEERS, NAWT SICKS DAIS LIEK IT CLEERLY SAIS!!!1!eleventy-one!!!" Yeah, those.

3. The ones who see you looking somewhere else, and then go "SHIT!" and try to convert you back. :\ It was a pain in the ass when I was considering Wicca, and even moreso when one of my mom's friends is trying to convert me from agnosticism.

4. The ones who claim that "agnostic" means "ignorant". :| Family friend, little fourteen year old nerd who probably can't live without his Mac and texting my sisters.

5. And, finally, the overly-political, convert-focused, "I'm as smart as you are", "shit I've got to convert you before you go to Hell", hypocritical, judgmental, and ignorant family friend who you're dragged to see. :| That one REALLY hits my button and makes me go "FUUUUUUUUUUU-".

/rant

BY FAR, hardcore Calvinists. They have completely eroded their sense of empathy for other human beings in order to amplify the amount of evil their concept of god can concoct, all in the name of 'sovereignty'. They are the epitome of religious superciliousness, callousness and bigotry.

• 1 year later...

Mind if I bring this back up?

1. The pseudo intellectual douchebags who think they are so smart by being illogical. When they ignore the laws of logic and reason, they'll claim that those are man made rules and that God is above such logic. They'll continuing arguing in circles playing by their own rules while accusing you of doing the same. These people are impossible to convince of anything.

2. The Warrior Of God who feels he must stand up to God's enemies. He rants about homosexuals, liberals, Muslims, Jews, or whoever is on God's shitlist. The people he's hating against are not really hurting anyone, nor are they a threat to them. Their only crime is not living the way his God wants them to, but because God's irrationally angry with those people, he feels the need to be righteously angry with them.

3. The rich Christians who live in big houses away from everyone and hold generally conservative views. The thing that annoys me with these people doesn't have much to do with Christianity as much as it does with them being elitest overacheivers who are always looking their noses down on you because you're going to a lesser college or aren't on the honor roll. Generally, everything is a competition with these people.

4. Fucking prolifers. Look, abortion is something I'm on the fence on myself, but some of these people will resort to the dirtiest of tricks and arguements to push their agenda. They also assume that if an organization (such as planned parenthood) is prolife that they are an evil dirty organization who is out to kill babies. Nevermind that by being against planned parenthood they are fucking over a lot of families who benefit from the 97% of other services they provide.

5. The bitchy old church lady. The one who is too holy and pious to be nice to dirty rotten sinners. She is always serious, has no sense of humor, and can be seen walking in church with an uptight humorless expression on her face. There are others who aren't as stereotypical, but they get defensive when one criticizes their traditional, outdated views. They act like they are being victimized when it is their views which oppress others.

6. The ones who come on here to spout some judgemental fear based bible verse about how those who leave were never true Christians or that they will be punished more severly since they knew "the truth" but left anyway. It makes me hate the bible and the idea of any god even more!

7. Arrogant Christards who come here to preach to us the same stuff we heard a billion times, assume to know our reasons, completely belittle our experience, and accuse us of never being Christian to begin with. Then when we get pissed off, they act the poor persecuted Christian who was mercilessly chewed apart by godless heathens, which feeds into their views about nonbelievers being angry at God.

8. Uncompromising Christians who have "The Truth". They're arrogant, obnoxious, jackasses who get called out on their behavior many times (even by other Christians). But they're not there to make friends, they're preaching "The Truth" that no one else has the guts to say. Sure, their advice may be harmful and their "truth" is has little to support it, but it's still "The Truth". Just like the laws of nature, "The Truth" is uncompromising and doesn't spare anyones feelings. Of all the ones I posted, these are the fuckers which annoy me the most.

• Like 4

The bitchy old church lady. The one who is too holy and pious to be nice to dirty rotten sinners. She is always serious, has no sense of humor, and can be seen walking in church with an uptight humorless expression on her face. There are others who aren't as stereotypical, but they get defensive when one criticizes their traditional, outdated views. They act like they are being victimized when it is their views which oppress others.

Sounds like somebody in my Bible study. Sunday at prayer time she made the prayer request that Jews would all come to realize that Jesus was the Messiah. Well God wasn't going to have them be saved but since you asked a few of your friends to pray now God is going to save them all. Wendywhatever.gif

The ones that, after presented with information and facts that any normal human would take into consideration, stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalala". And say you're the devil.

• Like 1

The second are the silver-haired men who comb their hair straight back, and the women whose hair is mostly hairspray, and are too perfectly groomed, and dressed in polyester clothing in pastel colors, over-sized gold wristwatches and rings, and have plastic smiles on their faces. They don’t even have to say anything. Just looking at them gives me the creeps.

Perfect description!

• Like 1

One of my least favorites is the End Times Windbag™.

Armed with the Bible, a concordance, a stack of VHS tapes about Revelation and the New World Order, and his own insanity that he misinterprets as genius, the End Times Windbag will go on and on and on and on and on about why he thinks the Tribulation is coming Any Day Now™, and what current events are pointing toward the events that were described in Revelation. Even though the world's most regarded biblical scholars have argued for thousands of years about the meanings of the events and images in Revelation, the End Times Windbag has figured it out all by himself, and will go to great lengths to let you know that he has discovered The Truth™. Somehow, even though the End Times Windbag will have been talking about this nonsense for thirty years, he doesn't realize that none of what he has blathered on about has actually come to pass, and that the Second Coming, the Tribulation, and Armageddon just aren't going to happen. When cornered by the End Times Windbag, it is best to just smile and nod while they drone on endlessly, and then sneak away at the earliest opportunity ("I'm sorry, I think I see something blue over there. I'd better go check it out.").

EDIT: There is normally only one true End Times Windbag in any given church that has a congregation of fewer than 200 people. However, it can be pure entertainment when there are two End Times Windbags that wind up talking to each other at a church event, especially since there is zero likelihood that their interpretations of Revelation and the End Times will actually agree with each other. The heated exchanges that result can sometimes wind up in one of the End Times Windbags leaving to find another church in disgust.

• Like 1

The pretty perfect church girls who ignore you if you are nerdy and like sci-fi and fantasy. Who talk down to you for asking questions. Who ignore you because you're not them and don't want to be a trophy wife.