Goodbye Jesus

Here's a silly question Christians

Vigile

Guest queen annie

I truly don't think it's about being psychic--in the way that world is generally defined.

I think that the ability to feel and detect the energy of other people (in various ways like visual auras and the way I can feel which is hard to describe) is nothing of an anamoly as far as being 'paranormal.' It is only that for this present time, and I can see that it is developing in humanity and so someday it will be just 'normal.' It's a tuning in to others that comes from the increased awareness (outside the christian world, that is) that we are all linked with each other.

The religion puts on a good front and make it out as if it were bad and evil--but it is the natural evolution of our ethereal beings--and it is a direct threat to religion and lies. But I have experienced a progression that has gone along with my enlightenment and recognition of things--and so I can't see it as being abnormal or for only some people.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• D. Paul

• MQTA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mean to get weird here, but I really have to tell you that your energy feels flat somehow--it's hard to explain.  Like your vibrations are just on an endless monotone frequency.  I've never felt such a thing--I don't mean to be rude with this--it's just odd.

Truly.

Maybe he's a robot, or a mindless zombie... oh... a Christian extremist! :grin:

Auras don't prove anything. They can be a symptom of ocular migraines, which don't necessarily mean you have a headache.

I'm not saying psychic powers don't exist, but I want indisputable proof before I believe in such a thing.

Guest queen annie
Auras don't prove anything.  They can be a symptom of ocular migraines, which don't necessarily mean you have a headache.

I'm not saying psychic powers don't exist, but I want indisputable proof before I believe in such a thing.

The thing is, as far as my own experience--these perceptions are absolutely not visual in any sense. I 'feel' them--I used to call them 'vibes'. Just vibrational energy is what mean when I say 'aura'.

And we all have 'frequencies' and energy--any carbon based organism who is actively participating in the exchange of gases (oxygen and carbon dioxide--in either of two cylic directions) has 'vibes.'

And so I just can't personally think of these things as 'psychic' because I don't perceive them as being anything extraordinary or of some unknown mechanism. I think it is just heightened awareness of some sort of unseen energy. I think it is similar, or the same, as when a dog 'smells fear' on someone. Maybe it is more akin to 'instinct'--which would be different than 'awareness' from my POV. Instinct seems to me to be physical and awareness totally mental and abstract.

:shrug:

As far as what you say about needing proof--that, of course, is a personal thing and within your own exclusive jurisdiction of self--but you said you feel the same thing I do from many who call themselves christians... So I guess I feel compelled to ask, did you mean that literally--that you truly do somehow 'feel' their sharp biting spite?

If you do, then isn't that a sort of proof for you that it is possible to have sensations independent of our 5 physical senses?

I'm not trying to badger you, I just want to clarify what you are saying and maybe understand where you are coming from.

In my response to our spammer today this thought came to mind.

God is ominipotent right?  It means he can do anything.

So why is it that he can't save me even after I reject his offering of salvation?  Why only one simple path to salvation? 

Pan forward into the future.  I'm judged for being the heathen dirtbag that I am and cast into the fiery pits forever and ever.  As I tumble down in all my weeping and teeth gnashing horror I cry out to god, God! please have mercy on me!!!!"

And then god says, nope.  Sorry, it's too late.  I offered you salvation and you rejected it.  Nothing I can do for you now buddy.

What???  Nothing he can do for me?  Why not?  He's god.  He's all powerful. He can do anything.  And, if he forgoes this omnipotence of his and lets me burn forever and ever he becomes an evil monster, of the likes the world has never known.  He lets me suffer and burn without hope when he COULD have done something.  If he can't, then he is not all powerful and the story you believe is bullshit. 

Which is it?  God is not all powerful or god is evil?

Check out this Article from the Western Catholic reporter, I think it answers you well.

The cock will crow at the breaking of your own ego - there are lots of ways to wake up!"

John Shea gave me those words and I understood them a little better recently as I stood in line at an airport: I'd checked in for a flight, approached security, saw a huge line-up, and accepted the fact that it would take at least 40 minutes to get through it.

I was alright with the long wait and moved patiently in the line - until, just as my turn came, another security crew arrived, opened a second scanning machine, and a whole line-up of people, behind me, who hadn't waited the 40 minutes, got their turns almost immediately.

I still got my turn as I would have before, but something inside of me felt slighted and angry: "This wasn't fair! I'd been waiting for 40 minutes and they got their turns at the same time as I did!"

That experience taught me something, beyond the fact that my heart isn't always huge and generous. It helped me understand something about Jesus' parable concerning the workers who came at the 11th hour and received the same wages as those who'd worked all day and what is meant by the challenge that is given to those who grumbled about the unfairness of this.

Are we jealous because God is generous? Does it bother us when others are given unmerited gifts and forgiveness?

You bet! And ultimately that sense of injustice, of envy that someone else caught a break, is a huge stumbling block to our happiness. Why? Because something in us reacts negatively when it seems that life is not making others pay the same dues as we're paying.

In the Gospels, we see an incident where Jesus goes to the synagogue on a Sabbath, stands up to read and quotes a text from Isaiah - except he doesn't quote it fully but omits a part. The text (Isaiah 61:1-2) would have been well-known to his listeners and it describes Isaiah's vision of what will be the sign that God has finally broken into the world and irrevocably changed things.

And what will that be? For Isaiah, the sign that God is now ruling the earth will be good news for the poor, consolation for the broken-hearted, freedom for the enslaved, grace abundant for everyone and vengeance on the wicked.

Notice though, when Jesus quotes this, he leaves out the part about vengeance. Unlike Isaiah, he doesn't say that part of our joy will be seeing the wicked punished. In heaven we will be given what we're owed and more (unmerited gift, forgiveness we don't deserve, joy beyond imagining) but, it seems, we will not be given the joy of seeing the wicked punished.

The joys of heaven will not include seeing Hitler suffer. Indeed the natural itch we have for strict justice ("An eye for an eye") is exactly that, a natural itch, something the Gospels invite us beyond. The desire for strict justice blocks our capacity for forgiveness and thereby prevents us from entering heaven where God, like the father of the prodigal son, embraces and forgives without demanding a pound of flesh for a pound of sin.

We know we need God's mercy, but if grace is true for us, it has to be true for everyone; if forgiveness is given us, it must be given everybody; and if God does not avenge our misdeeds, God must not avenge the misdeeds of others either. Such is the logic of grace and such is the love of the God to whom we must attune ourselves.

Happiness is not about vengeance, but about forgiveness, not about capital punishment, but about living beyond even murder. It is not surprising that, in some of the great saints, we see a theology bordering on universalism, namely, the belief that God will save everyone.

They believed this not because they didn't believe in hell or the possibility of forever excluding ourselves from God, but because they believed that God's love is so universal, so powerful, and so inviting that, ultimately, even those in hell will see the error of their ways, swallow their pride and give themselves over to love. The final triumph of God, they felt, will be when the devil himself converts and hell is empty.

Maybe that will never happen. God leaves us free. But, when I, or anyone else, is upset at an airport, at a parole-board hearing, or anywhere else where someone gets something we don't think he or she deserves, we have to accept that we're still a long ways from understanding and accepting the kingdom of God.

- By FR. RON ROLHEISER, omi

Are we jealous because God is generous? Does it bother us when others are given unmerited gifts and forgiveness?
No one's jealous of God, because you can't be jealous of a being that cannot possibly exist. Or did you think that I wouldn't notice that you ran from my impossibility of Yahweh argument.

In fact, you must have your running shoes on, because you've been running a lot lately.

post-34-1129297253.gif

How dare you make such a rebuttal like that?! You have two days to type a real response. I suggest you stop posting here and make some magic with the two days you've got left, because that was fucking pitiful!

No one's jealous of God, because you can't be jealous of a being that cannot possibly exist.  Or did you think that I wouldn't notice that you ran from my impossibility of Yahweh argument.

In fact, you must have your running shoes on, because you've been running a lot lately.

post-34-1129297253.gif

How dare you make such a rebuttal like that?!  You have two days to type a real response.  I suggest you stop posting here and make some magic with the two days you've got left, because that was fucking pitiful!

Well I hope that I do not sound smug when I say, what do I need to run from? because I do not want to come accross like that.

I spent most of my life running away from God, until he decided it was time for him to catch up with me.

I am so glad he did... concerning the phropesy of Isaha, I think it is wonderfull how Jesus intentionaly left out the section of scripture concerning how we would enjoy seeing the punishment of the wicked.

Joyfull implications for Universal Salvation I think, wonderfull!

As for debating, it seems a waste without irrefutable Scientific Evidence to support it from either side.

It could never be resolved, the guidlines of the debate require Scientific proof, nither side has it.

You have my regrets if anybody has become entangled in a Snare they set for me, because that is not what I am about either.

Peace

Well I hope that I do not sound smug when I say, what do I need to run from? because I do not want to come accross like that.

I spent most of my life running away from God, until he decided it was time for him to catch up with me.

I am so glad he did... concerning the phropesy of Isaha,

If you spent most of your life running from God, that means that you are a baby christian. What the hell are you doing here? This is no place for baby christians. You need some milk, man. Get your ass in Sunday School.

Most of us spent most of our lives as christians. Then we found the truth.

ps. There's no such thing as the phropecy of Isaha. (or is that Mandean, or B'ahai, or something?)

The Christian god is not generous. Look at the 40,000 earthquake victims in Pakistan. Look at all the people who died in Katrina and the people who survived but lost everything, even though they prayed. Most people in that region were Christian. Look at all the people who died in 9/11 and other cowardly acts of terrorism around the world. Look at everyone who has died from illness, despite praying. Look at everyone who has died from natural calamities even though they prayed. Read through the anti-testimonies and look at all of us who have lost family members and friends, and have had really bad shit happen to us even though we prayed.

If that's god's generosity, I don't want it. Go back and crawl under the rock where you came from.

Why did you accept the offer to debate if you were NOT going to comply?

As for debating, it seems a waste without irrefutable Scientific Evidence to support it from either side.
Why did you agree to the debate?!

You clearly don't understand science, otherwise you wouldn't be using terms like "irrefutable scientific evidence". Nothing in science is irrefutable. In fact, one of the necessary components of a scientific theory is that it be hypothetically falsifiable. There are potential ways of refuting evolution, but none have actually been found.

Don't bullshit me, Razor. You ran away from the debate.

It could never be resolved, the guidlines of the debate require Scientific proof, nither side has it.
I did a word search of the guidelines for the debate, and nowhere did I find the word "proof". The only thing required in a scientific debate is that which matters in science: evidence. And there is a ton of evidence for evolution. And you were in way over your head, so you ran away.

Why would you agree to a debate and then swerve it like that?

You have my regrets if anybody has become entangled in a Snare they set for me, because that is not what I am about either.
Oh fucking Christ!

There was no snare or catch. There was no trap. Many of us were right up-front with you, stating that you were in way over your head. We explicitly told you that you were going to get destroyed. That's hardly a snare.

You ran away.

Was very impressed with Asimov's compilation. Does ANYONE think they could refute it? I'd like to see someone TRY

Was very impressed with Asimov's compilation.  Does ANYONE think they could refute it?  I'd like to see someone TRY

Im not going to say I already have.

I do not really want to pick anybody to pieces either, writing lots of words means nothing with out irrefutable Scientific evidence to back it up.

Show me an instance where this debate has been resolved before? you wont find a single reference Globaly.

Yet you wish to waste time here on it? .

Peace

You accepted his challenge I thought? Then went lame? Who says you have to debate to come to some resolution?

I do not really want  to pick anybody to pieces either, writing lots of words means nothing with out irrefutable Scientific evidence to back it up.

Show me an instance where this debate has been resolved before? you wont find a single reference Globaly.

Peace

You mean this debate?

Evolution is a more reasonable and evidential theory than Creationism, that fits what has been observed in the areas of Biology, Anthropology, and Paleontology.

This "debate" was resolved decades ago, when all the "proof" for creationism was proven to be out of step with reality.

I'll put it simply... THERE IS NO PROOF FOR CREATIONISM THAT ISN'T BOGUS!

And I'll put this really simply too... THERE IS NO DEBATE ON THIS SUBJECT!

Creationism REJECTS the reality of Biology. Creationism REJECTS the reality of Anthropology. Creationism REJECTS the reality of Paleontology. Hell, Creationism simply rejects REALITY!

Only Creationists "think" there is any debate going on... the rest of us have accepted reality and are working with it. Creationists, on the other hand, are still trying to "prove" that a fairytale, which contradicts reality, is the truth.

We've given you a chance to show that Creationism is a better theory than Evolution... a chance to show all of us that we are wrong, rather than just saying it... a chance to convert some of us through REASON, the one thing that led so many of us away from BibleGod... but you've run away.

You've run away from the best chance you've had to spread the word.

You're pitiful, and any further posts by you are only going to attract yet more derision.

I do not really want  to pick anybody to pieces either, writing lots of words means nothing with out irrefutable Scientific evidence to back it up.

Debate is for debating. But you're afraid we shoot your arguments down.

chow_yun_cat1.jpg

"Have" what? Lost? Chickened out? A little clarification please?

:lmao::loser: Razor, you are SOOOO full of shit that you require a good enema! Does Asimov (or anyone on this site) seem like some delicate flower who cannot withstand the "onslaught" of your words? You got something to say? Bring it on!

Okay. Since YOU claim that this debate hasn't been resolved (not the purpose of a debate, but I'll let that slide), then WHY are you too timid to resolve it with Asimov?

Peace

"Waste time"? Waste time? YOU, the Christian™ who "wastes time" posting to a bunch of heathens like us instead of preaching to Muslims about how lost they are? You've got the GALL to speak of "wasting time"?!?!?!?!?!?

Razor...go fuck yourself. You're a fucking coward and a retard. Just run away with your tail tucked between your legs. :vtffani:

Yet you wish to waste time here on it?

It's "not resolved" as a debate, because people like you refuse to acknowledge that evolution has stood up to scientific scrutiny. That evolution is a process of biology has been resolved. There's no debate in biology over that. The only question is how it happens.

Besides, it's not a matter of the debate being resolved, because in order to have it resolved debate, you have to actually engage the debate in the first place. Furthermore, you accepted a debate challenge!!! Why did you accept a debate and then make excuses for not engaging Asimov's arguments?

You know what? The way you handled your little debate with Asimov, why should I spend any time writing a response that you won't read anyway. Fuck you and fuck your fucking paste job. I didn't read it, nor will I waste time with someone who is obviously just wasting our time. Oh, in case you didn't get my response, I'll repeat it: Fuck You!

Yep, there's no denying Razor pussied out. I told you, dude, you shoulda gone with metaphors. You still would've lost, but at least you'd have come across better.

Sad, really...

Like post at some one who cares!

I had this Notion today, about ex christians not that I want to label anybody.

You know how like it says in the Bible God will make himself known to you, each man in his own order.

Could it be that somebody that has burned out on religion and become ex Christian, is a person that really wanted to believe in God and Jesus etc, but it was not their time to know with out ever doubting again no matter what happens, that there is indeed a God, from Gods view point ?

As an example,I can understand how somebody can live a Religiouse life for many years and feel that they are a true believer, but they never truly know it, and if catastrophy should strike their life, it so over whelms them that they end up believing there could not possibly be a God for that to happen to them.

Yet was it their turn to truly know God yet in the first Place?

Hmmm...

I can tell you that in regards to my life, I was always aware of God and Jesus, but I deliberatley lived my life not wanting to know them.

I wanted to do my own thing.

Yet I have been left in no doubt about God when he decided it was my turn to be called to Jesus.

No matter what anybody here says or what ever catastrophy would befall my life, I was so not left in doubt there is a God who loves us all, that it is more like there is no further excuse for me, if you catch my drift.

Peace

*stands around drooling for a second*

pulpficenglishmofouncens.jpg

And anyway, why are you such a cowardly little shit? If you're gonna agree to a formal debate, you damn well better bring it.

I do not really want to pick anybody to pieces either, writing lots of words means nothing with out irrefutable Scientific evidence to back it up.

Oh, you ain't gotta worry about doing that, punk. You couldn't "pick anybody to pieces" if you were swinging a lightsaber.

Could it be that somebody that has burned out on religion and become ex Christian, is a person that really wanted to believe in God and Jesus etc, but it was not their time to know with out ever doubting again no matter what happens, that there is indeed a God, from Gods view point ?

There you go again, with that "burned out on religion" bullshit. Ms. Purple has already called you on this, and you need to either put up or shut up.

On a totally different subject: WHY do keep returning? You OBVIOUSLY don't want meaningful dialogue. You castigated us for not DEBATING with you, and then when Asimov offers you a debate, you chicken out, and make excuses. What is it you hope to gain here? Converts? (You failed.) Allies? (Failed again.) Enemies? (Bingo! We have a winner!)

In closing, Razor --

Like post at some one who cares!

I had this Notion today, about ex christians not that I want to label anybody.

Sure you don't...
You know how like it says in the Bible God will make himself known to you, each man in his own order.

Again with the bullshit... no-one here left because of "burning out" on religion.
As an example,I can understand how somebody can live a Religiouse life for many years and feel that they are a true believer, but they never truly know it, and if catastrophy should strike their life, it so over whelms them that they end up believing there could not possibly be a God for that to happen to them.
Even more bullshit... No-one here left because of some catastrophe, we all left because of REASON.

If you can't even understand that, then you understand NOTHING about us.

Yet was it their turn to truly know God yet in the first Place?

Hmmm...

Was it your turn to truely know unbelief in the first place? Obviously not, since if you had truely been an unbeliever, you'd still be one.

See just how shit that argument is?

I can tell you that in regards to my life, I was always aware of God and Jesus, but I deliberatley lived my life not wanting to know them.

I wanted to do my own thing.

So, you were always a believer?

That means you never did lead a godless life... so what does that do to your claim that you led a godless life?

Yet I have been left in no doubt about God when he decided it was my turn to be called to Jesus.

No matter what anybody here says or what ever catastrophy would befall my life, I was so not left in doubt there is a God who loves us all, that it is more like there is no further excuse for me, if you catch my drift.

head-up-ass.jpg

Asshole.jpg

Have you had a catastrophy in your life yet? (Btw, do you have children?)

Since, the only way to know if you are a true or fake Christian, is by going through the event where your loved ones are being hurt, while you stand on the sideline watching them suffer.

Until then, I must consider you just as true or fake as I was.