Goodbye Jesus

Here's a silly question Christians

Vigile

No-one here left because of some catastrophe, we all left because of REASON.

Sorry C-T, but I really didn't. I didn't argue my way out. I only lost my faith. Most arguments to explain why came afterwards. Sure, I had thoughts and questions that didn't make sense. So maybe it was the mix of emotional drain and reasons too? To be honest, I'm still not quite sure what ultimately made me lose my faith.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• D. Paul

• MQTA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry C-T, but I really didn't. I didn't argue my way out. I only lost my faith. Most arguments to explain why came afterwards. Sure, I had thoughts and questions that didn't make sense. So maybe it was the mix of emotional drain and reasons too? To be honest, I'm still not quite sure what ultimately made me lose my faith.

There's always one, isn't there? :vent:

By the way... have all those prayers had any effect yet? :grin:

There's always one, isn't there? :vent:

By the way... have all those prayers had any effect yet? :grin:

Nope. But I'm happy anyway. Life is what you make it. :grin:

And to complement what I said in the earlier post, because I was thinking a bit more.

When I was Christian, I had heard many, not all, of the arguments and logical reasoning why there couldn't be a God. So I had spent time hearing and thinking somewhat on the arguments. But I had decided to believe from my feeling that God must exist. So my faith was based on what I felt was right.

The accident crushed my feelings, and I guess, maybe the reasoning and logic could take over, since the emotional state now was broken down. My faith couldn't be based on the feeling only anymore, I had to use the other brain-half.

My conclusion is that it was both. It was Emotionally and Reasonable to drop the faith, but I didn't do it consciously. My subconscious decided to drop the belief, before my conscious was aware that this was going on.

Weird wired brain, huh? :HaHa:

(I have to add this to my eximony.)

Yeah, me too. I haven't gone into great detail about my crisis, but it totally broke my ability to believe. The reason & rationality came later, over time. But I certainly didn't 'burn out' or just get tired of my faith.

Burned out? I wish it had been that easy...

When I was Christian, I had heard many, not all, of the arguments and logical reasoning why there couldn't be a God. So I had spent time hearing and thinking somewhat on the arguments. But I had decided to believe from my feeling that God must exist. So my faith was based on what I felt was right.
Interesting... I've often wondered why Christians are unable to use reason in that part of their life and it looks like you've just managed to explain why...
The accident crushed my feelings, and I guess, maybe the reasoning and logic could take over, since the emotional state now was broken down. My faith couldn't be based on the feeling only anymore, I had to use the other brain-half.

My conclusion is that it was both. It was Emotionally and Reasonable to drop the faith, but I didn't do it consciously. My subconscious decided to drop the belief, before my conscious was aware that this was going on.

Hmm... once the unquestioned "feeling" that God MUST exist is dropped, and people start to question it, then we start to see the belief itself crumble...

Maybe a good place to start. :wicked:

Weird wired brain, huh? :HaHa:

Nah... wired up perfectly normally, if you ask me.

The fact that you have a weird brain I won't argue with... :HaHa:

My conclusion is that it was both.

I agree to an extent. After all, if my mother had never told me I was going to hell every time I did something that remotely displeased her, even if it was something like reading a science fiction book, or if I had never been severely bullied, or if she hadn't died despite being a Real True Fundy and all the people praying for her, I might not have had reason to question. I might still be brainwashed today if everything had gone honky dorey and I had been the one whose mother lived against the odds, etc. But I did my best to hang on after that, and I did, all through my college years.

However, in the end, it was me ultimately deciding that Christianity is a myth and the power of logic over emotion. Call it a combination if you want to, but it was rational thinking that caused me to leave in the end.

I had this Notion today, about ex christians not that I want to label anybody.

Um, you don't realize that you are speaking with yourself, because since you don't listen to anyone and you don't answer any question, nobody is giving you a shit...

...do you?

THAT is the reason why people are starting to tell you to go away and shut the fuck up. You don't care a thing about us, about our experiences and our thoughts, you just want to preach and evangelize. We are not people in your eyes, we are HEATHENS.

We don't need a preacher, that only heightens up our annoyance toward you and those like you.

Go home.

Interesting... I've often wondered why Christians are unable to use reason in that part of their life and it looks like you've just managed to explain why...Hmm... once the unquestioned "feeling" that God MUST exist is dropped, and people start to question it, then we start to see the belief itself crumble...

That's why I see the importance of keeping, even the creepy nut-cases, Christians on the site. Because I think we might be affected them on a subconscious level. If they ever turn of the emotion-chip, they might start thinking about the things we've said, and eventually they understand... maybe...

Maybe a good place to start. :wicked:

Nah... wired up perfectly normally, if you ask me.

The fact that you have a weird brain I won't argue with... :HaHa:

Hmm. Maybe it's normal to be weird? Maybe normality is an illusion, and the abnormal is the real normal? :scratch::twitch:

The quote feature worked backwards for me and I don't know why. :twitch:

Suffice it to say Razor perhaps one of us left because of emotional reasons or burn out, but far from many did. You say you do not want to lable us, well on another thread you already did, so show us you have manners and aplogise.

Like post at some one who cares!

You know how like it says in the Bible God will make himself known to you, each man in his own order.

Could it be that somebody that has burned out on religion and become ex Christian, is a person that really wanted to believe in God and Jesus etc, but it was not their time to know with out ever doubting again no matter what happens, that there is indeed a God, from Gods view point ?

As an example,I can understand how somebody can live a Religiouse life for many years and feel that they are a true believer, but they never truly know it, and if catastrophy should strike their life, it so over whelms them that they end up believing there could not possibly be a God for that to happen to them.

Yet was it their turn to truly know God yet in the first Place?

Hmmm...

I can tell you that in regards to my life, I was always aware of God and Jesus, but I deliberatley lived my life not wanting to know them.

I wanted to do my own thing.

Yet I have been left in no doubt about God when he decided it was my turn to be called to Jesus.

No matter what anybody here says or what ever catastrophy would befall my life, I was so not left in doubt there is a God who loves us all, that it is more like there is no further excuse for me, if you catch my drift.

Hey you stupid Fuck, I told you I wouldn't waste my time with you, now stop hijacking my thread dumbass.

BUT if the second statement is true--what's the meaning behind the first?

And if #2 is true, then how can we be here posting on a forum full of people who somehow were skipped over when 'sufficient revelation' was passed out?

something else..

I don't mean to get weird here, but I really have to tell you that your energy feels flat somehow--it's hard to explain.  Like your vibrations are just on an endless monotone frequency.  I've never felt such a thing--I don't mean to be rude with this--it's just odd.

Truly.

:lmao: Sorry, but that's a funny statement. My "energy" and "vibrations"? How is it that you are "feeling" these things?

:lmao: Sorry, but that's a funny statement. My "energy" and "vibrations"? How is it that you are "feeling" these things?

The same way you "feel" God?

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but could someone explain just what is meant by "burned out" in reference to Christianity? Is that they couldn't live up to the expectations place upon christians or couldn't do all the kneeling or what?

OH OH OH, I thought they left because they had Burn Doubt!

OH OH OH, I thought they left because they had Burn Doubt!

Veeeeerrry Clever! The pun-imator is here! :grin:

Im not going to say I already have.

I do not really want  to pick anybody to pieces either, writing lots of words means nothing with out irrefutable Scientific evidence to back it up.

Show me an instance where this debate has been resolved before? you wont find a single reference Globaly.

Yet you wish to waste time here on it? .

Peace

Dude, they set up an ordered debate thread for you that was completely fair and balanced and came complete with rules of debate. You couldn't even be bothered to post ONCE. Aside from intellectual cowardice, that's just plain rude.

Debate is for debating. But you're afraid we shoot your arguments down.

post-324-1129498856_thumb.jpg

I TOLD you breeding cats with opposable thumbs was a bad idea...oy..... ;)

Like post at some one who cares!

You know how like it says in the Bible God will make himself known to you, each man in his own order.

Could it be that somebody that has burned out on religion and become ex Christian, is a person that really wanted to believe in God and Jesus etc, but it was not their time to know with out ever doubting again no matter what happens, that there is indeed a God, from Gods view point ?

Hey genius--

How could it have been "not my time to know God" when the reprecussions of not letting me know him was my turning away from him forever? Because after the way I got treated, I'd rather burn than go back even if Biblegod were real. He's omniscient, so he must have known his silence, indifference and general betrayal of trust would drive me away after twenty years of pain. So what's his freaking excuse now, since you're so bloody brilliant?