Goodbye Jesus

death challenge for ex-christians

pug

Where do you think you will go after you die?

No, no...purely non threatening, just curious. IF you are a Buddhist, it's a long answer. No, i'm not a Buddhist ~ was. So... where will you end up? Or don't give a Foook?

Care to share?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Nicole Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the ground

I would like to go to eternal life, but facts seem to indicate, that I will cease to exist.

Really don't give a flip! What happens is what happens :shrug: ...but I have no worry about the Christian view of the afterlife being true! :lmao: The Buddhists might have it right, :scratch: but who really knows? :bounce:

I won't go anywhere. I won't be able to move! Someone is going to have to drag my carcass to the funeral parlor.

You're not truly "dead" as long as people remember you.

But in all honesty, I don't know what happens. (Neither do YOU, "Christians".) But I DO know that "heaven and hell" are BS.

I "believe" that I will return from whence I came BEFORE I was born. To nothingness. I look forward to it. It wasn't so bad the first time around...! :grin:

I believe that reincarnation is like heaven. Nice ideas, but really just metaphors for the human need for "justice" in an amoral universe.

When I die, I'll be gone.

Hey, Pug... I notice that under "Any Gods," you put "Yes, Him." Who is "Him?" It's a little ambiguous. Is "Him" Allah? Krishnu? Vortavor? The God of Sha Ka Ri? Who is it?

Sorry, I just get annoyed when theists come in here and are vague about who they worship.

I believe that my physical and chemical being, along with all the natural emergent properties are all I am. Once my physical or chemical state has been altered in a way that my most vital emergent properties can no longer exist, or in other words, deceased, I will cease to exist. I won't experience anything.

Tell me, can you remember what it was like before you were conceived in your mother's womb? I have a feeling that is what it will be like when I die.

In an urn or coffin I suspect. I wasn't aware of things before I was born, and I presume it will be the same after death. I don't and niether do you. Nobody does till they die.

You don't go anywhere. You just stop being. "You" doesn't exist anymore.

:checks will:

Ah... when I die, I'll be cremated and scattered on the same plot of a cemetary that my mother was scattered on.

I could give you the address, plot number and on-line map of the area if you like. (I could... but I won't. That kind of info is personal and staying that way)

Now, about when you die... do you have such information as to where you're going? Can you go and visit to see what it's like before you kick the bucket? Can you, in fact, prove that the place you will be going to exists?

No? Then I guess you won't be trying to tell any of us that we're wrong...

Well, I can hope... can't I?

Well considering I believe reincarnation has to be true and can be proved scientifically. When a person dies thier energy leaves, and inevitably ends up back in a living thing. So in one form or another you return back to the living forever. But hey, that doesn't mean your conscience stays though. Hmmmmmmm. Oh well

"When I have passed There will be many saying "there are no more teachings for we have no teacher" But this should not be the case, let my words be your teacher"

The Buddha

Well, yeah...mostly we become worm food so what ever we were passes out the ass end of a maggot, a worm, a fish, bacteria, or some other lower life form.

In an urn, most likely somewhere in my living room. During football season I have asked my wife to make sure that my urn is facing the TV and that a beer is placed next to me...just in case.

As for heaven, hell, etc. I admit that those things remain possibilities. However, all available evidence that I have seen and experienced to date leads me to believe that the concept heaven and hell is horse shit. It's the human psychological defense to the fear of death.

If I'm right, then I'll be "nothing" just like I was for billions and billions of years before I was something. I didn't know it then, and I certainly won't know it later.

If there is something out there, then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. That is something beyond my control, and quite frankly, I have enough things to worry about in my life that I can control.

You don't go anywhere. You just stop being. "You" doesn't exist anymore.

I used to believe in heaven and salvation and eternal rewards and paradise and streets of gold and all of that jazz.

Nice fairy tale.

But Hans has it right. You end up when your life is over just like what you were before your life began. You don't think anything, because it is your brain that enables you to think.

As for me, they can put my ashes in the dumpster for all I care. Life is now.

Well my Body is going to the grave, my Spirit is going back to God and my soul is going to heaven, and one day they will all be back on this earth together in a new glorified Body, fashioned after Jesus Christ's glorified body

Frank

Croesus -

You gonna be able to fly into the air and go through walls and eat fish too?

How bout teleport yourself from one place to another like Phillip did?

Cmon now. Really. Are your christian convictions that much stronger than your perception of reality?

Croesus -

You gonna be able to fly into the air and go through walls and eat fish too?

How bout teleport yourself from one place to another like Phillip did?

Cmon now.  Really.  Are your christian convictions that much stronger than your perception of reality?

Come on Modern Science just found out that all things that a visible are made from things that are invisible, that was Bible 2000 years ago Heb 11:3

Once I am dead, it's over. I ain't goin' nowhere....

I don't know what will happen to my bullet riddled body. I suppose though, for a while I will just float above the scene wondering why Sonny didn't start blowing the horn when he saw that cruiser coming up the street.

No matter how well laid the plan is, there are fifty ways to fuck it up!

Come on Modern Science just found out that all things that a visible are made from things that are invisible, that was Bible 2000 years ago Heb 11:3

Sorry. 3-year olds 2,000 years ago and 3-year olds today know that people don't walk through solid walls or fly. Not even the body of a resurrected god-man.

Bottom line is, the "resurrected physical body" of Jesus was woven into the gospel story by those refuting the gnostic christian position (Marcion, principally at that time) that anything pertaining to the physical realm was bad.

:lmao: They didn't just find out. They've know for a while that atoms are a bit hard to see.

The particles even harder, and quarks are frigging hard to detect, and the superstrings are even harder. Wasn't it Socrates that came up with the word Atom?

But worst of all is the vacuum energy and dark matter.

The problem though is how ecoplasma can be visible and yet bet transparent and not bound by the laws of relativity or quantum physicis...

Going through walls, has nothing to do with invisibility. Light can't go through walls, and light is the most elementary form of energy. And quarks can't exist by themself, but become particles in an instant. The only energy left is radio waves or radiation. Jesus must have been radiation, and then we know the apostles died of cancer, or Jesus were radio waves, so he walked through the wall on station KFI 640 AM, and most likely between 9 AM and 12 PM, when Rush Limbaugh is on.

Croesus, you're a crack-up... and a crack-pot.

I was just thinking about this last night as I fell asleep.

I see a few options, in order of likelihood:

1) We cease to exist and become wormfood.

2) There is some sort of reincarnation, but we are unaware of the journey...

3) The psychics and such are right and we go through many levels after death, a la What Dreams May Come.

I don't even see heaven and hell as a possibility.

Do you have a reference for that? How does modern science define "things that are invisible"?