Goodbye Jesus

death challenge for ex-christians

pug

You have nothing in the way of scientific evidence to back up the religious positions in your first two paragraphs. Speculation and conjecture based on faith. Nothing more.

How boring. :Hmm:

These words aren't even coming from your brain, they aren't even an original thought of yours. "To believe in evolution requires faith" blah blah, someone (sunday school? Your pastor? The internet? Some magazine? TV?) told you to memorize this sentence, and to use it every time you would've been speaking with someone about the natural selection theory.

Do you know why I think that this sentence is a cultural conditioning and something you've been taught instead of an original thought of yours?

Where I live, no one, no one in the *whole country* (which is 99% christian) has ever said such a sentence. In america, it seems that the concept of evolution <-- Faith needed is lurking in the minds of a majority of believers: cultural conditioning must be the cause of this difference.

Your words are identical to the words of tons of preaching christians we've seen on these same boards.

Of course however it must be much easier to memorize and trust that simple sentence, and repeat it, than researching natural selection, and trying to answer these simple questions:

1) If natural selection is a scam as you seem to think, why is it the most accepted thought in the scientific community about life development, both from an ecological and biological point of view?

2) If there are so many proofs about the biblical god's existence as christians so often say, why hasn't the scientific community recognized these proofs and established god's existence with the same strenght they use to support the evolutionary theory?

and of course 3)...

If your answers to 1) and 2) are going to make fun of, diminish the importance of, criticize the findings of, criticize the neutrality of, criticize the validity of Science / the scientific community / Scientists, are you ready to back up your criticism of Science by swearing you will never ever take medicines or go to the hospital in your whole life? Yeah, that Science that believers are so quick to make fun of and criticize is that same science that made your life so much easier and cozy and safe... Ever thought about that?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Nicole Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"We've been naturally selected to want to survive. We've also been naturally selected to evolve large brains with powerful cognitive abilities."

Selection is not forward looking so nothing has been "selected to evolve" big brains or anything else. Selection is nothing more than a word that has been morphed into a genie by evolutionary theorists. It is all a fantasy.

Mmm, and creationist don't engage in one.

Check out some of the bright comments made by your leading Creationist Kent Hovind in the debate against Farell Till

"I have met the archealogist of Noah's ark, RON WYATTt, who has evidence of the Ark". gee, wasn't he exposed as fraud by christians themselves/

"Noah was Scientifically advance than us."

"Noah and his sons, went on a dragon and collected all the animals" I thought Humans only knew how to harnass horses, donkeys, camels, dogs and mules.

"Pangea theory is a false theory, and no way proves that age of the earth is more than a 6000 years. It is just a big coincidence that the Geographical continents line up with each other"

"Petroleum were formed because of the flood"

"The dinosaur existed well unto 15th centuary"

His proof, mythological stories about Dragons and people killing the. So Dragons got extinct. I wonder if he thinks that Werewolves and Vampires are real too?

And he gave a very ad hoc reply to the following "if Noah started with just 8 people, how do you account for the racial diversity in th human race and in the wildlife?"

So still want to claim that scientist engage in fantasy?

and of course 3)...

If your answers to 1) and 2) are going to make fun of, diminish the importance of, criticize the findings of, criticize the neutrality of, criticize the validity of Science / the scientific community / Scientists, are you ready to back up your criticism of Science by swearing you will never ever take medicines or go to the hospital in your whole life? Yeah, that Science that believers are so quick to make fun of and criticize is that same science that made your life so much easier and cozy and safe... Ever thought about that?

in another post, TxViper said "it is urban myth that doctors and pharmacological companies use evolution in their research".

• 10 months later...
Where do you think you will go after you die?

No where because I will have ceased to exist, I'll be dead.

Occasionally, I speculate on what it may be like when I'm dead. Will I go to a realm wherein all the Pagan gods of humanity (and perhaps the universe) actually do exist? Will I simply blank out and not have any more experiences? Will I be reincarnated? Will I enter a dream-like state wherein the "afterlife" is sorta like a big, eternal holodeck? Will I enter into a realm of my own creation, based on my own beliefs upon death, similar to an eternal dream-state?

I never worry about Hell, since Xian mythology is easily proven false.

But foremost, I don't spend too much time worrying about the next life when I've got this one to live. Wasting time on speculation only takes away from what we can invest in the here-and-now.

Where do you think you will go after you die?

Disneyland