Guest Valk0010

There is no God. Prove me wrong :mellow:

--puts apologist hat on

Without god how can we ground our morals

There is testimony to the power of god

the first cause has to be theistic, a diest god is self refuting

All other gods are contradictory

--takes apologist hat off

I can't prove you wrong. I have no evidence that there is a god. :shrug: I've got nothing.

God is real, because the bible says he is. And we know the bible is true, because it's God's word. There you go, proof provided!

Oh OK. I'll play. Trees. Yes, that's it.

Damn! Who am I kidding? I'd make a shoddy Fundie, because that's the best I've got. A Hindu could have said that one for all I know.

He's real because 2 billion people can't be wrong.

Not the 2 billion Muslims or 2 billion "other" but the 2 billion Christians. They can't be wrong. But 4 billion other people can be.

OH YEAH? Then where did we come from? HA! Gaaaaaame over, sinners!

--puts apologist hat on

Without god how can we ground our morals

There is testimony to the power of god

the first cause has to be theistic, a diest god is self refuting

All other gods are contradictory

--takes apologist hat off

All ethics are based in what promotes survival and society. People usually stick with one partner to insure they are raising their own kid. Murder is not allowed because that hinders survival and promotes fear. Vigilantism is not allowed because people have a tendency to overdo vengence so murder is increased.

In short if it is very disruptive to society or survival it is immoral. I would also like to use CS Lewis.. He argued that a common morality [banned murder ect] across the world is proof that it was caused by a creator, but I think just the opposite. Those countries without God show the same morality exists without religion.

In short, morality is about survival and society--- not God.

Not the 2 billion Muslims or 2 billion "other" but the 2 billion Christians. They can't be wrong. But 4 billion other people can be.

Ad Populum.. its a fallacy.. poor reasoning but nice try

God is real, because the bible says he is. And we know the bible is true, because it's God's word. There you go, proof provided!

Did God write it or did men write it? Did God come down from heaven and write it himself? Why are there so many translations?

Ad Populum.. its a fallacy.. poor reasoning but nice try

Yes I knew that ^_^ I was playing along.

How about this beauty -- "People wouldn't die for a lie!"

...except that they do every day.

• Super Moderator

"I know there's a God. He spoke to me just this morning."

And that's why such dialog is fruitless.

"I know there's a God. He spoke to me just this morning."

And that's why such dialog is fruitless.

Sounds like Schizophrenia to me.

Guest Babylonian Dream

The universe is god. Prove that the universe isn't real.

Takes off pantheist hat.

Something set off the Big Bang. Whatever that "first cause" was is what I call God. Therefore God exist

Something set off the Big Bang. Whatever that "first cause" was is what I call God. Therefore God exist

The Big Bang was preceded by the Big Crunch. The Big Bang repeats itself like a heartbeat. It has been doing this forever. It compresses until an explosion and finally slows down and gets attracted back to the center to begin the Big Crunch again. There is nothing but mass and attraction. It has always existed.

The universe is god. Prove that the universe isn't real.

Takes off pantheist hat.

Equivocation is a fallacy and you will be listed under semantic shift. A different definition of God can not be used in the same context.

-----

Ouroboros corrected me.. The pantheist god does not fit the what I consider to be the standard:

1. God is greater than human

2. God is more intelligent than human

3. God interferes with the lives of people [number 3 can be excluded for deists]

so hat off to you Babylon

If I had proof of the existence of God, I'd be on CNN. /laughs.

The Big Bang was preceded by the Big Crunch. The Big Bang repeats itself like a heartbeat. It has been doing this forever. It compresses until an explosion and finally slows down and gets attracted back to the center to begin the Big Crunch again. There is nothing but mass and attraction. It has always existed.

You say that as if it is established fact, but as I understand it The Big Crunch is only one of many scenarios. It doesn't change the argument either. Even if it's true I would just point to it as God.

You say that as if it is established fact, but as I understand it The Big Crunch is only one of many scenarios. It doesn't change the argument either. Even if it's true I would just point to it as God.

You can't randomly change the definition of God that is equivocation. You cant prove God was the initial cause, that is just one possibility, and an archaic one that is not supported by the scientific community.

I type, therefore I AM. "God" can be seen as a relative concept- doesn't necessarily refer to Jehovah. To my wiener dog, I AM rather god-like.

I turn on the light and create darkness at a whim.

I fill the water dish and the food bowl when requested- IF IT PLEASES ME.

I decree when Thor may pee, and shall punish his sins should he pee where and when I don't approve.

I grant small scraps of ham (Food of the Gods) when Thor earns my favor.

I let Thor out to green pastures, several times daily

Where Thor may pee at will, and chase bunnies

Yeah though Thor walks in the shadow of our walnut tree, he shall fear no squirrels

For I prepareth a food bowl in the presence of Thor's enemies

It restoreth his stomach, that he may chase squirrels out of vengeance- not hunger.

At the end of the day, Thor will lay down (on the couch) beside his Momma.

And he shall dwell in this rented house Forever.

As far as he knows.

I type, therefore I AM. "God" can be seen as a relative concept- doesn't necessarily refer to Jehovah. To my wiener dog, I AM rather god-like.

But you would agree that God: 1. has to be greater than a human to be a God to a human 2. Has to have intelligence 3. Has to interfere in the affairs of men

Good points on the dog though <_<

I think I'd agree with the first two. The third is debatable- there are several 'god' concepts that don't really interfere with people all that much- or haven't in a long, long time.

I think I'd agree with the first two. The third is debatable- there are several 'god' concepts that don't really interfere with people all that much- or haven't in a long, long time.

Okay I will count a Deist God... I just don't want to get in a debate about a car, and later have someone calling trees 'cars' for convenience :scratch:

There is no Deist God

Just take your bible and styick it!!! Wait, that was another argument altogether. Slow down, you're confusing me.

Seriously, the apologist argument that makes the most sense is the argument from complexity. Ever the skeptic, I still marvel at the human body and brain and the amazing things that make us work.