Goodbye Jesus

About The Last Rant

Adelice

• Super Moderator
personally i been banned of almost 99% of the places i been anyway

Is that your goal? To see how long it takes to get banned? I doubt you'll get banned here. You'll have to work a lot harder at it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adelice

• Mriana

• Ouroboros

• florduh

Weren't you just bitching this last week about how stupid christians would react if you built a real altar to Lucifer? And how you could hide it by using an angel?

I won't pretend to know where you are in your journey, but I find it hard to believe that a bare week is enough to get out of anger, especially with how you're acting here.

Just saying.

• Super Moderator
If i truly was a christian i would be bible attacking you ,

Hence the "incognito" reference.

and i alredy grew out of my anger or judging phase

Really? lmao_99.gif

• Super Moderator

Is that your goal? To see how long it takes to get banned? I doubt you'll get banned here. You'll have to work a lot harder at it.

Yeah, this is just too much fun to ban her.

You wanna bet? :wicked: I got a button here...

Nah.

Adelice, you can have your opinion. Funny thing, you're thanking God for US allowing people to say whatever they want, and that they can be and do whatever they want, yet you're the one complaining about what people say and do.

Make up your mind. Is it good that people can say and do whatever they want, or are you upset that they can?

You wanna bet? :wicked: I got a button here...

Nah.

Adelice, you can have your opinion. Funny thing, you're thanking God for US allowing people to say whatever they want, and that they can be and do whatever they want, yet you're the one complaining about what people say and do.

Make up your mind. Is it good that people can say and do whatever they want, or are you upset that they can?

I dont know , i guess my brain kinda did it job to connect itself alredy. Personally at first i found myself secure and nice on this place , then i felt i was trying to just go along with it but now i see i shouldnt whine over christianity because well , others are no better , i kinda liked the feeling of " atheist " being over others religions but now i see theyre no better than them .... i prefer to find my path withow whinning half my life over how bad my childhood was because i spended all my afternoons in church , and crying over silly things all over.

Nah i guess i just dont give an damn anymore

i prefer to find my path withow whinning half my life over how bad my childhood was because i spended all my afternoons in church , and crying over silly things all over.

Understood. But remember, there are a number of exchristians who come here who are in real pain and who are suffering from the fear that christianity caused them. They want some help from people who either are also going through it now or have in the past. It's not "whining." It's trying to cope and get on with their lives.

Weren't you just bitching this last week about how stupid christians would react if you built a real altar to Lucifer? And how you could hide it by using an angel?

I won't pretend to know where you are in your journey, but I find it hard to believe that a bare week is enough to get out of anger, especially with how you're acting here.

Just saying.

Well i guess i kinda got my head out of my butt in all the pride on religion matters of course , i guess i finally saw , maybe we are no better than christianity itself , and if we tried to help , would it be better to stop trying to look so angsty and angry all the time in here and try to ACTUALLY make an more healthier place? Fine is nice to let it go , but you know , your the ones that are putting phases on this thing , just let it go alredy. Why you all always seem to be so nervous or having doubts on the christian god , if you know he is A.- not real and B.- " evil "?

I wont stay here whinning and being an robot once again , talking like an parrot GOD THIS GOD THAT , PROOF! HERETIC!. Thats even much more childish.

i prefer to find my path withow whinning half my life over how bad my childhood was because i spended all my afternoons in church , and crying over silly things all over.

Understood. But remember, there are a number of exchristians who come here who are in real pain and who are suffering from the fear that christianity caused them. They want some help from people who either are also going through it now or have in the past. It's not "whining." It's trying to cope and get on with their lives.

..... theres people here who seem have over the fact they aborted theyre own child calling it " cells " , now your gonna cry me an river because your daddy hit you to read the bible? crrrry me a riiiver , boo hoo.

Just saying.

Well i guess i kinda got my head out of my butt in all the pride on religion matters of course , i guess i finally saw , maybe we are no better than christianity itself , and if we tried to help , would it be better to stop trying to look so angsty and angry all the time in here and try to ACTUALLY make an more healthier place? Fine is nice to let it go , but you know , your the ones that are putting phases on this thing , just let it go alredy. Why you all always seem to be so nervous or having doubts on the christian god , if you know he is A.- not real and B.- " evil "?

I wont stay here whinning and being an robot once again , talking like an parrot GOD THIS GOD THAT , PROOF! HERETIC!. Thats even much more childish.

K, bye then.

Just saying.

K, bye then.

Flying out of the religious nest , heh?

I dont know , i guess my brain kinda did it job to connect itself alredy. Personally at first i found myself secure and nice on this place , then i felt i was trying to just go along with it but now i see i shouldnt whine over christianity because well , others are no better , i kinda liked the feeling of " atheist " being over others religions but now i see theyre no better than them .... i prefer to find my path withow whinning half my life over how bad my childhood was because i spended all my afternoons in church , and crying over silly things all over.

Well, I don't see atheists being better or worse than any other people. There are good and bad people everywhere and in every kind of belief, group, or political party.

Perhaps your real problem was that you were hoping to find some kind of group where all the people measured up to your standards? In other words, you had unreasonable expectations.

People will not become good because they turn Christian. People will not become good because they turn atheists. There's no process of making someone righteous just because they're converting here or there. And this website doesn't have the goal of making "holy" people either.

Don't expect other people be the way you want them to be. They have the same right of being human as you do. You don't measure up on all accounts to me, so why should you demand that I should measure up to your requirements?

Put it this way, I don't like it when someone tell other people they're not acting or saying the "right" things. Like you just recently did. When someone come on this board and tell everyone how they should behave and talk, I think they're being assholes. You have the right to believe that sex and alcohol is immoral, but in my view, it's not okay to tell other people that they should change. And it's not okay in my view to say that everyone is breaking your moral rules. Some do, but not everyone. And those who do not, they have the right to not measure up to your particular moral code.

So in other words, you do not measure up to my moral code of reciprocity when you're judging them.

..... theres people here who seem have over the fact they aborted theyre own child calling it " cells " , now your gonna cry me an river because your daddy hit you to read the bible? crrrry me a riiiver , boo hoo.

Try meditating over this word: compasión

Well i guess i kinda got my head out of my butt in all the pride on religion matters of course , i guess i finally saw , maybe we are no better than christianity itself , and if we tried to help , would it be better to stop trying to look so angsty and angry all the time in here and try to ACTUALLY make an more healthier place?

Do you mean this website or do you mean "here" and "place" as in your hometown?

If you mean this website, then you're misunderstanding the purpose of this place.

And? That speaks more about you than the people here. You want them to change only because you're changing. Is that fair? You were given a free pass to express yourself, but other people are not because they're supposed to start act according to your will? To dictate what people can say and do is an attitude of a dictator. This is why a society that allows free speech and a lot of liberties tend to become fascist. The dictator-wanna-bees get the reins and start to tell everyone else what they're supposed to do.

Just saying.

K, bye then.

Flying out of the religious nest , heh?

Nah, I thought you were flying out of the "whiny baby" nest you seem to hate.

Well i guess i kinda got my head out of my butt in all the pride on religion matters of course , i guess i finally saw , maybe we are no better than christianity itself , and if we tried to help , would it be better to stop trying to look so angsty and angry all the time in here and try to ACTUALLY make an more healthier place?

Do you mean this website or do you mean "here" and "place" as in your hometown?

If you mean this website, then you're misunderstanding the purpose of this place.

And? That speaks more about you than the people here. You want them to change only because you're changing. Is that fair? You were given a free pass to express yourself, but other people are not because they're supposed to start act according to your will? To dictate what people can say and do is an attitude of a dictator. This is why a society that allows free speech and a lot of liberties tend to become fascist. The dictator-wanna-bees get the reins and start to tell everyone else what they're supposed to do.

I dont want them to change , but having that religion intolerance wont take them any far neither , most part of atheists seem to have theyre heads really up theyre own ass latetly.

And whats with you thinking im trying to manipulate you? Stop being so god damn paranoic alredy.

Second , Whats the purpose of this place then? Whine and whine on how religion suuuucks sooo bad and then talk the same phrase all over again everyday of your life? Why dont you try to help people to understand , yes you do were badly fucked up by religion but crying yourself a river every day of your life and trying to point the flaws on it wont help neither.

Is like trying to find an black stain on an black sheet , yeah we got your point , religion sucks , now whats next?

I dont want them to change , but having that religion intolerance wont take them any far neither , most part of atheists seem to have theyre heads really up theyre own ass latetly.

Really? I've been here for many years, and I don't think it has changed much. Actually, I think it's a lot less on this website today than it used to be.

And whats with you thinking im trying to manipulate you? Stop being so god damn paranoic alredy.

Back at ya'. You're the one who started to complain about atheists being so immoral.

Second , Whats the purpose of this place then? Whine and whine on how religion suuuucks sooo bad and then talk the same phrase all over again everyday of your life?

You fail to see that there are always new members here.

I don't whine about religion anymore. You don't see me post much at all, because I have moved on. And the same goes for many of the older members.

BUT!!! There are always new members coming here who needs to rant the exact same things we older ones already dealt with years ago.

I see threads starting here about things we already discussed 4-5 years ago. Do I complain? No, because I know that the new people need to go through the same process as I did.

To you it seems like it's the same atheists complaining about the same issues over and over again, but it's not. It's new people complaining about old issues. But they need to.

Why dont you try to help people to understand ,

And how would we achieve that?

Oh, I know. Let people express what their concerns are (rant about religion), and then let the ol'timers come in a give some of their wisdom (hopefully).

In other words, EXACTLY THE WAY WE'RE DOING IT!!! Wow. Isn't that cool? Your demand for change is resolved by us continue to do EXACTLY what we've been doing all along.

yes you do were badly fucked up by religion but crying yourself a river every day of your life and trying to point the flaws on it wont help neither.

I'm not crying myself a river every day. I have moved on, and so have many others on this website. I know plenty of people who left this website over the years. Some of them I really liked, but they decided they didn't need this place anymore. Once in a while I let my steam out too about what I think of religion, but most of the days I don't.

You know, the complaints you have above have been expressed hundreds of times by other people over the years. So in my mind, you're just repeating (crying yourself a river every day of your life) about these silly issues. But the truth is, you're another person that those other ones. You need to go through the process just like them.

Is like trying to find an black stain on an black sheet , yeah we got your point , religion sucks , now whats next?

What's next?

I can tell you what is next:

The next person.

The next de-convert.

The next guy or girl who needs to express his or her frustration about religion.

They need to express their irritation and frustration about religion too, somewhere, sometime. And this is the place for them to do so. They have not moved on yet. They are just in the beginning of their walk. They need this place to come here and give their rants. It's not the same person everyday whining about the same things. They are the new people, talking about the same old problems. But they have not solved those problems yet. They are still working on them and need to talk about them.

So do you think that they should start their own website to express their irritation? And we must here, on this website, hinder them from expressing it here? Why? Why can't this place be the place where newly de-converted people can argue about the issues they have? Even if those issues already were dealt with two months ago or two years ago?

You are pretty much grouping everyone into one person. Your complaints would make sense if the SAME person constantly complained about religion, but it's not. There are different people who are at different stages of de-conversion expressing the same topics we have talked about in the past.

It's a big difference.

You know what Adelice, you've been here a month or so, and you already think you know more about what this website is about than the ol'timers. I think this place might not be the right place for you. There are times when this website doesn't work for non-Christians. It has nothing to do with what we believer or not, but it has to do with the chemistry. This place isn't a place for you. This place is for people who needs to vent their anger over religion, and that's the part you hate about this website, so it doesn't fit you.

I recommend that you just move on. But before you do, do you remember when you started this thread: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/38887-organized-religion/page__p__572793__fromsearch__1entry572793 ? At that point, it was you who fed into the angry frenzy against the Christians. Why did you? Why did we let you? Why is that now suddenly wrong to do, only after you got your chance to do it? So the next person in line should not be able to do this just because now you're good and don't have to? You need to learn to give to other people what has been given to you. Give them the same chance as you got.

Irony here: the OP was offended by people talking about "immoral activities" but then lashed out and said some very hateful things, which to me personally is much more offensive lol. But alas, I enjoyed reading it even though I wasn't participating, and I'm by no means leaving this site! :)

It worries me the incresing lack of values these days , people want to feel so " free " sometimes , but has i said , im no one to put values or morals over others , but neither expect me to see what you do right , that was my point too. I feel forced to believe what my friends or people i know are doing is right , when is obviously wrong and inmoral ( Just as christianity , yay! ) i guess we do all have different values and things on seeing life but , i just dont wanna conform just to fit in.

Ok, I'm in my early thirties and didn't really take much of an interest in history until after college. One of the first things I learned was that the history I was taught in high school was heavily expurgated... bullshit. You can see it happening right now in Texas; the process of putting false information into educational books is well documented in this case. Anyways my point is the values we have these days have a lot going for them. It was only a handful of generations ago when for example it was ok to treat non whites as second class citizens, going further back(and not that far) as slaves. Gay people for the most part we fair game for harassment, beatings, torture and even murder. Heck, during the colonial days of America being the wrong flavor of Xian could get you killed let alone not being Xian. Just a generation or two ago savage beatings of children were acceptable, oh yeah and wives as well. I'm just saying that you need to read some history on what old fashioned values were before you go around claiming they are better.

But it scares me , it scares me how easy an person can say they had an abort , or how the buy or sell drugs or alcohol , or how they do truly stupid things , you werent ready to have an baby? guess what? dont open your god damn legs then! , since when the value of an human being has gone so low to just say " i wasnt ready to be an mother " ...... knock knock kids , sex makes babies , get over it! I have seen animals to even have more mother instincs over theyre dead babies than humans these days, for god sakes , evolve alredy people!.

Humans have a sex drive, it kicks in the early/pre teens. Back in the day getting married at 14 or younger wasn't a big deal. Nowadays that sounds absurd. So now people are waiting till they get older to marry. You can hardly expect everybody to bee 100% in control of their urges until they're 25(in my opinion earliest average advisable marrying age.) That's over 10 years of abstinence if we're using your values. Some people I'm sure can do that, but you have to admit that most people can't, so what do you do then? Most people have sex with birth control, but there's still a chance of a baby. For a lot of people having a baby too soon is a life wrecker. So what is it you're concerned about? the pain the fetus experiences? The number of children a particular woman has? The lost potential of the life early ended? Because it works the other way as well. If she has a baby at 15 then she might not have that baby she was planning on at 28. The baby at 28 has a much better chance of getting a better upbringing, being loved more, and in general living a happier life. Is it a bad choice to choose to have your child be born later when you can proved for it better? Or are you of a "every sperm is sacred" mindset? And back on the values thing, if you're Xian you need to keep in mind that God is the biggest abortionist in history period, and had no problem ordering women and children murdered and even the unborn to be torn from their mother's bellies.

wallpaint.jpg

My Adelice, any wider and you could paint a whole billboard with your strokes. :(

To back up Ouroboros a little I must add that a lot of people separating from Xianity don't have friends or family they can talk to, since in all likelihood they're Xian. Being a nonXian is still a very socially impossible place to be in America and the internet is really, reeeealy, the only place people have to come to talk about these things. So try and Have a little heart for these people, and belittling others' pain is just bad form, even if yours was worse it doesn't make theirs any less... it's not a competition to see who has the most F'd up childhood and the exclusive rights to complain about it. We share our pain for sympathy, and that brings us closer together; and that is especially important when leaving religion because everything else in your life may be falling apart and away.

Alright , first of all , i wanna say im kinda sorry about my last post , seriously i felt quite offended , i gotta admit im mexican and my english might not be perfect , but at last i try.

Where was this last rant? Was it about abortion or many things?

As for a woman not "opening her damn legs", you do realize that just like an argument, it takes two to have sex? (OK excluding masturbation, I'm referring to making a baby here.) She did not create that blastocyst all by herself via Immaculate Conception. So, I do not believe the woman can be blamed entirely.

Alright , first of all , i wanna say im kinda sorry about my last post , seriously i felt quite offended , i gotta admit im mexican and my english might not be perfect , but at last i try.

Second , i guess i did made an mistake , i didnt point out my facts well , i must say it does anger me seeing those things done , i understand , we are all free to choose if something can be seen has bad or good , i cannot tell you to dont do or say certains things neither.

I felt hopeful when I began reading your post. I thought maybe you had reflected on the close-minded nature of your last rant. However it is obvious that you have not. You wish to blame everyone else for just not getting you instead of making an attempt to understand others.

I think many of us weren't upset at the thought that you might be telling us what to do (which I understand to be what you are apologizing for), but by your intolerant view of the world. Your inability to entertain the thought that your own moral standards may not be the CORRECT ones or to even open a discussion about it.

But it scares me , it scares me how easy an person can say they had an abort , or how the buy or sell drugs or alcohol , or how they do truly stupid things , you werent ready to have an baby? guess what? dont open your god damn legs then! , since when the value of an human being has gone so low to just say " i wasnt ready to be an mother " ...... knock knock kids , sex makes babies , get over it! I have seen animals to even have more mother instincs over theyre dead babies than humans these days, for god sakes , evolve alredy people!.

This shows that you are one of the privileged few who think that any woman who gets pregnant without planning to must be a slut or a whore. How sad. How judgmental. How grossly simplistic your thinking is. In this world there are women who are raped. There are young girls who are molested by the men they should be able to trust. And there are also naive young girls who have sex for the first time with someone they love and end up with a pregnancy that they would never have wished for.

Now we could argue about whether that bunch of cells being gotten rid of is actually a human life. You could give your evidence and I could give mine. But you aren't interested in that. All you care to do is make everything into a nice, neat, black and white package and demonize those who disagree with you.

Where was this last rant? Was it about abortion or many things?

She complained about that atheists were immoral because they drink alcohol, have sex and abortions: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/38892-atheist-dignity/

One thing she needs to realize is that it's not ONLY atheists complaining about Christians, non-atheists contribute just as much of the rants against Christianity. And many non-atheists get drunk, have sex, and abortions (including Christians). So her points are all completely unsupported. (Even End3 and Yoyo have expressed irritation with other Christians and complained... or look at ConfusedIdiot who can't let go of his belief, yet he feel contempt against Christianity. Why does he complain? Should he be allowed to complain, but not the "atheists"?)

We could turn around her argument and ask: why does ALL non-atheists keep on complaining about atheists ALL the time? Why can't you ALL non-atheists stop arguing against atheism, and can't you ALL non-atheists be a little nicer to us atheists? (Same kind of generalization.)

I have little tolerance to people who complain about other people's complaints (including my own complaints about people doing it :HaHa:).

There is one very important lesson to learn from being on this website: don't group people into one category. (Sometimes I make the same mistake, and it's just as wrong.) Everyone is different, and to put "All" of some people into one group and assume they're all the same is just plainly wrong. (And I love to do that with Christians... but it's still wrong. :()

Well i have heard some pregnancies have ended in abortion because the baby was affected with the chemicals of those things , i still wouldnt play with that stuff but i guess thats my view too , i think human beings have grown up enough brain to have some self respect of theyre own bodies and theyre own race if possible.

You dont only harm others physically but mentally too , is quite sad but i guess thats the way things work in life.

We have a friend who is severely bipolar and became pregnant while on her medication. Now here are the issues: The medication may have done some damage by the time she realized she was pregnant and was confirmed pregnant. She's off the meds now, but that baby maybe damaged. Not only that, being severely bipolar puts the baby as risk before s/he is born. Good news for you, she's chosen to take that risk even if the baby is born with disabilities of which she is unable to care for. If it were I, I don't think I would have been so willing to do that, but that does not make me a bad person.

So , you expect me to just shut up when i see others suffering? With your " own values " , you know what , right say whatever you wanna say , i dont have to be an extreme religious nut to know what things are wrong in here. I wont shut up about it just like that.

Wait a minute. Let's get something straight here. Up to a certain point, the unborn are unable to feel pain. For more info on abortion, I suggest you see: http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/ and http://prochoiceamerica.org/ For starters. There are more, but before you form an opinion, I suggest you do some research on the matter, preferably from sites that are honest and accurate about the information they give.