Goodbye Jesus

About The Last Rant

Adelice

Come on then , just tell me , why you all act the same in here?

Why showing up the same sheep actitude has any other religion , the same " hate " and complain over something wich even your name says you dont believe on? Atheist = No god , then why you have so much questions over him always? Are you scared that daddy god will come to attack you , or are you scared of his followers wich are just stupid beings that you wanna spit over on revenge , instead of growing up and just walking away.

Why you say with so much hate , CHRISTIANS DO ME THIS , CHRISTIAN DO ME THAT when you just cant act even an 1% better than them? Isnt that the point of all this? if you wont change yourself then dont try to change others. Think about it.

All i see here is the mass way of thinking has in any other place.

Sounds like you're the one whining. You don't have to be here. Take a hike

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adelice

• Mriana

• Ouroboros

• florduh

Adelice there are phases to this thing. You know? Steps that most follow. Some people are still angry. I'm not. And I rarely bitch about the past and religion and all that. I'm certain I'm not the only one and if you'll look for them I think you'll see that there are many here who are the same way. They just don't care about Christianity.

Too true. I'm still new to Ex-Xianity. I fully de-converted in November, so it's been 8 months. And I didn't realized how fucked up the religion I left was until I started really looking at sites like this only a few months ago, and noticing how much religion and Christianity has a choke hold on everything including public government-sanctioned events. So I gripe somewhat, mostly when my mom expects me to do things involving church, it's to vent a bit. I'm not incredibly angry, but I do get annoyed occasionally at it. I expect I'll eventually vent enough that I won't give a darn anymore until something big comes up again.

Of course we get angry at the delusions, we get angry at the trickery. It's like being given a gift box with a big fat bow on it and discovering it's empty (and might even have a spider crawling in the corner of it)! And then to do further damage, that box keeps on getting thrown at you by people who claim it's full of stuff. And then we have to throw the box back in retaliation.

Why showing up the same sheep actitude has any other religion , the same " hate " and complain over something wich even your name says you dont believe on? Atheist = No god , then why you have so much questions over him always? Are you scared that daddy god will come to attack you , or are you scared of his followers wich are just stupid beings that you wanna spit over on revenge , instead of growing up and just walking away.

Why you say with so much hate , CHRISTIANS DO ME THIS , CHRISTIAN DO ME THAT when you just cant act even an 1% better than them? Isnt that the point of all this? if you wont change yourself then dont try to change others. Think about it.

People here do not all act the same.

There are many different positions on belief, going from christian all the way through the spectrum to athiest.

It is not up to you to decide the percentage of a person's behaviour better or worse than christians.

I do not personally want to spit on any christians in revenge, I don't actually believe in revenge.

One can walk away from christianity, but it is not fair for you to discount the experiences people have had which made some of them walk away. This is a place to discuss those experiences and process them in a friendly environment.

Everyone's experiences are different. That being the case there will be many differing points of view. That is what makes the world an interesting place.

Adelice try not to generalise and lump everyone in the same bucket. It's really not being fair to anyone.

Adelice, I like you. You remind me a lot of me when I was your age. But I moved on. It happens.

You're young, and right now, you are looking at the world through the only eyes you have. You have been raised in a conservative christian community, and you are applying those social expectations to the rest of the world. And that is ONLY NATURAL.

Out in the real world, morals are not black and white. Abortion is not always wrong. Sometimes abortion is the best course of action. And for the vast majority of women I know who have had them, it is not something they do lightly.

I am in a committed relationship (not married yet) to one person. I have never had an abortion. I do not use drugs. I drink, but rarely to excess. And I'm an atheist. There are all sorts of people here. They have their own very strongly held beliefs on a variety of issues.

People don't completely change when they become atheists. My morality was pretty similar to what it is now. I take great pains to use contraception because I don't want the massive responsibility of a child right now, but if I did get pregnant, I would not just go out and get an abortion because I'm an atheist. I am still disgusted by cruelty and try to do my best to help others and be a good example of how people can live their lives -- just like I did when I was a christian. Losing your christian faith does not mean you also lose your moral compass. You still know what is right and wrong for you.

You still know, christianity or no christianity, what is right and wrong according to your moral compass. And other people have slightly different versions of that. And if those versions of morality are not good, society will deal with them. That is why it is hard to get an abortion. In my state in Australia, a doctor could be imprisoned for giving an abortion until last year. You still have to get a surgical abortion, not a drug induced abortion. It is not easy to get one, and neither should it be.

I don't believe in using drugs because I have seen the damage drugs do. Other people don't feel the way I do. Some of these people I still call friends. I don't do drugs with them, and that is fine. I recognise that their version of 'good' or 'bad' is subjective. What works for them works for them. It doesn't work for me.

I think that you have a good moral compass, so far as what is right or wrong for you. However, it does not work for others, and they don't like being told that there is something wrong with them if their morality does not match yours.

The downside to having such strict moral rules for yourself is that it is more easy for your morality to be challenged by the different morality for others. That is hard to get used to.

I think, in five years, when you're out of home and confronted by people in real life who have different moral values, your acceptance of these things will change. But right now, your identity is strongly linked to your morality. It is hard when you first have to deal with people who believe different things, but it is a necessary part of growing as a person. And it doesn't change your morals. It just changes how you react to people whose morals are different to yours.

Adelice, all you're doing is reopening your own wounds here. In the long run, you're only hurting yourself with this kind of ranting.

The Internet is a big place, but if you keep on getting booted from forums I would guess that it's because of your behaviour rather than because of something you believe. At least for today, I suggest that we all lay off the insults and find something that we can discuss in a civil manner.

Adelice, all you're doing is reopening your own wounds here. In the long run, you're only hurting yourself with this kind of ranting.

The Internet is a big place, but if you keep on getting booted from forums I would guess that it's because of your behaviour rather than because of something you believe. At least for today, I suggest that we all lay off the insults and find something that we can discuss in a civil manner.

I agree with you with every word you are saying, Asterja.

Im not opening my wounds , i just saw that , theres no sense on ranting over how christianity is so bad or things like that. And yes i would love to discuss things more calmed , im not trying to attack anyone here , not insult you not say your wrong , is just i dont like the feeling of so much hate here , plus you say you dont act like christians but right now is like if i was trying to disprove god to an bunch of hardcore christians , is like talking to a wall.

Im not opening my wounds , i just saw that , theres no sense on ranting over how christianity is so bad or things like that. And yes i would love to discuss things more calmed , im not trying to attack anyone here , not insult you not say your wrong , is just i dont like the feeling of so much hate here , plus you say you dont act like christians but right now is like if i was trying to disprove god to an bunch of hardcore christians , is like talking to a wall.

Stop talking to walls and start talking to human beings. :)

Oh boy! You didn't read my post in the other thread. I said both Xians and atheists are human and neither one are necessarily better than the other. I have some good friends who are Xians and they know my story and they are more critical of my relative than I am, but I can not deny what they have to say. I have a Greek Orthodox friend who has read some of my story and she said, "They are soul murderers!" I cannot deny that. The other, a Church of Christ-disciple, who knows about my childhood and she says, "They are going to have a lot to account for when they face God."

The fact is, the Xians I am friends with seem to have a lot stronger words than I do. I have respect for them, because they are not the Xians you see people complain about here.

My point here is :

1.- Why do most part of people here seem to feel so " superior " like thinking , im right your wrong , or seeing believers like non human beings , just so you get me , im not in the side of christianity , i still find the two sides of the coin equally dumb. I dont like the way people here complain on how christianity is so " manipulative " or " bad " or " wrong doing " when you cant even try to show with your own actions an true change has an person , and try to act less retarded than the average christian.

2.- No im not messing up with your intelect , i just dont see why your trying to exterminate an religion , in wich you place your belief of how tortured and bad injuried you are , when you here show me your just double faced , has any other christian and has any human being. If you truly wanna discuss about god or all that things then do it properly , your not helping people here who come to whine and whine over how christianity messed them up , just because they didnt had enough balls to leave.

3.- Why exchristian? I mean , fine , i kinda do felt attacked here , should i open an page called ex-atheism? ex - i was angry at life and pissed of at every belief wich doesnt centers on my self? , ex - i was an moron and still am a moron in denial? , you know i hate trying to use cursing words or things like that but lets face it , we should help people to understand , theres nothing wrong with you walking away , you just gotta grow up like any human being , get over it. Just feeding up that " woooa woooaaa , your all less than me because you believe on fairytales " stereotype of human being here wont take you anywhere , you know at first i found it cute , yeah i tried to join in and try to be : OH YES LETS DESTROY CHRISTIANITY OH YES I ALMOST KILLED MYSELF BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH , and then try to bash out christians and silly things like that.

Is just an cycle , all im saying is , lets try to actually be more active and less stereotype filled , if you dont try to be at last 1% better than your average so called christian , then what gives you the " authority " to ban them? And then , so i feel i didnt fit on christianity , but neither in atheism , do you want me to whine and make my own sad and pain filled page of whining and crying over how bad my past was?

Fine is nice to let things go but you just gotta set your boundaries , like oh hey , it finally hit me , im on an certain age to have known it wasnt the thing i wanted to follow , theres no need for regrets , i was wrong i admit it , in a good sense , in a sense to stop hurting myself remembering my past every 5 minutes.

So is just a call to everyone here , being so much hate filled and " laughing " at religious people or thinking they have an " evil god " or trying to sound like an broken record over how much spit and hate that " cult " caused you wont fix you up.

And so , i wont try to get into discussion , im just pointing out what i see here , is nice and warm and fuzzy feeling you belong to something but when it starts to look more and more like the actual cult your bashing then is kinda contradictory.

And to all you atheist who are because you got boohoo , kicked has an little christian child and now you grew up with so much pain in your heart you cant stop but break on tears :

Why would i listen to someone who haves 20 years or more following following christianity and then all of sudden they see " the light " , why would i believe you arent wrong has any other human being? admit it , you do have the right to be wrong has any other here , why would i believe to someone stupid and coward enough to dont go away of something that was hurting him in any sense.

And dont come with any freaking excuses , dont be an god damn pussy and accept your mistakes alredy , and have some balls to say , yes im an atheist and no i dont believe on god , because thats what i truly feel.

So what? Ban me all you want , i can has well go and do my billion of ex - atheist pages to go and find persons to whine and accept whatever bullshit goes out my mouth. Lets try to be more active and helping others to accept they dont have to accept any kind of bullshit , be it atheist , of christians or whatever , you gotta stand up and say STOP , THIS IS ENOUGH.

Now go , do me an favor , put some grown up kid pants on and try to make your facts straight.

Anyway thats what i got until now , you can pretty much say i placed all my non answered posts in an single one.

You are so right! It IS time for me to move on with my life. I'm moving on from this thread and moving on from reading any more of your bile. You have no constructive criticism nor any real point that I can make out expect for an obvious dislike of whiners (oddly enough while constantly whining yourself.) I thought maybe I or someone else could stir up an actual conversation with you, but I'm giving up on that. Moving on.

Good luck with your inferiority complex.

You are so right! It IS time for me to move on with my life. I'm moving on from this thread and moving on from reading any more of your bile. You have no constructive criticism nor any real point that I can make out expect for an obvious dislike of whiners (oddly enough while constantly whining yourself.) I thought maybe I or someone else could stir up an actual conversation with you, but I'm giving up on that. Moving on.

Good luck with your inferiority complex.

Good luck with your " im in the line of fire and being harrased by ugly christians that cannot get laid has me " complex.

So? Is not like 99% dont do the exact SAME thing with any other christian page , do you think christians give an damn about you complaining on them? of course not. Fine you might hook up one or two non believers not enough secure about themselfs and what they believe to drag them here to cry forever and ever of how religion tortures them everyday - funny thing , you dont try to see your own closed mindset of belief over other people beliefs , neither do try to show yourselfs any BETTER or actually RATIONAL , your no better than any other of us , accept it , you arent right or wrong just because you " stopped believing " or you spend most of your time entering christian chatrooms with silly names to bash them.

I dont care if you move on , good for you , has long is for an good sense , anyway , for any other christian who could enter here , probably they will be " move on " , and dont give an shit of how much you feel sad about your pityful being.

And to all you atheist who are because you got boohoo , kicked has an little christian child and now you grew up with so much pain in your heart you cant stop but break on tears

So you're saying that you think that abuse recovery groups are bullshit for weak people? If that's your attitude, it would be best if you would move on now. To a large extent, this website is meant to be a supportive place for those who have gone through a lot in the name of religion, both inner turmoil and violent physical abuse and things in between, and your blanket dismissal of anyone feeling the need to have a safe place to talk through their recovery is inappropriate for this site.

Two questions:

When you started posting about how hard it was to deal with your Christian culture a few weeks ago, and we supported you, how do you see yourself as different from what you're now putting down?

If you're so against whining and lingering on in an unhealthy state of mind, why are you so dead set on proving your point in this thread instead of just accepting that this isn't the right place for you and quietly moving on. If not because you're a hypocritical attention whore, then explain.

So, Adelice... you're kinda cute when you're angry.

Don't pay no mind to that JW guy. I, like you, believe that the cornhole is an exit- not an entrance. And I can't believe JW would be so boorish.

But have you ever gone fishin' in the dark?

:wicked:

So you're saying that you think that abuse recovery groups are bullshit for weak people?

No , im saying that is kinda funny how you make everyone feel has christianity is such an piece of aids on all the universe , and so , werent you weak to dont move on when you felt it was wrong?

What i find silly is how people make so much recovery groups out of no where for a lot of even more silly things , so atheism feels like something in wich i could feel anger about too , want me to do million and millions of recovery groups on that too? Is only you thinking the whole world is against you.

Now what angers me the most is the use of actual atheism melted all over the abuse past of yourself , giving actual true atheist an certain mood of " i hate everything and everyone and im so freaking liberal on everything i do because i deserve to give the world what the world gave me " , so? I bet theres a lot of people that have suffered a lot of abuses too , spending your whole life in denial of the fact that your childhood sucked , doesnt mean you then gotta go in all the christians pages telling everyone THERES NO GOD BECAUSE MY DADDY PUNCHED ME SO BADLY I PUCKED. Now all this place is feeding up the victim mentallity all over.

Two questions:

When you started posting about how hard it was to deal with your Christian culture a few weeks ago, and we supported you, how do you see yourself as different from what you're now putting down? I never had problems with my christian culture , you see i was just feed up in this imaginary anger that everyone seemed to have in this place , i tried to go with the flow and try to hate everything and everybody , but heck even my sister was right when she saw so much hate cause by this page and told me to stop it alredy , and guess what? my sister is an atheist too , gladly she accepts what she is and she doesnt fill herself up in hate just because her icecream fell to the floor and god is so mean he allowed that to happen.

If you're so against whining and lingering on in an unhealthy state of mind, why are you so dead set on proving your point in this thread instead of just accepting that this isn't the right place for you and quietly moving on. If not because you're a hypocritical attention whore, then explain. - No , im saying it because i found it more hypocritical you trying to point your point of how christianity is so damn wrong and that every church should be banned and burned down , when you cant act any better than actual christians , just placing upon new people who are searching attention and help another new burden of hate and hate and more hate at everything , instead of understanding and helping them see things arent so bad , instead of eternally placing atheism and whinningism hand by hand.

Congrats, your a extreme right wing, social conservative ( so? at last im not an total in denial pseudo atheist who think god doesnt exist just because his mommy hugged more her jesus statue than her own son ) You don't like what we talk about, no one is making you come back. ( Then why dont you do the same with christianity? , is not like imma make my own crusade to try to take down all the evil atheist there are for placing much more not needed hate over other people who dont exactly think has me , yeah i accept too the fact that maybe TV had taken away part of my life or affected my way of thinking , but you dont see me burning each tv station there is do you? ) And your intolerant crusade, give social conservatives(of the sensible sort) like myself a bad name. And it is also alienating you from getting people to see your way if that is your goal at all. ( - cough - - cough - has i said , i make my point here ). You might as well go back to christianity, they should love you to death, with your insanity ( Oh well excuse me for not thinking alike you , here have an popsicle and go cry to santa on how meanie christians are , might has well say jesus love you and forget bout the deal , but hey , i find theism and non theism to be the same thing = bullshit , one or another , neither of them are helping us on anything , at all ).

About complaining about religion, you may have moved on, to what I see to be even more irrational beliefs then christianity, and am fine with that. But some have not, let them, speak, and move on themselves. ( Ok i will , but that doesnt involves telling them to act so intolerant and fearful of christianity , neither trying to act like theyre superior , dont transform into the thing you hate , thats all i wanna tell you ).

A concern for social morality is okay,but it seems like your magnifying it and taking it too far. ( Yeah i must say im sorry for that but , now that you mention it valk , some days ago you talked about how christians never seemed to act like christians , i mean , if you say your so better than christians , then shouldnt you try to be at last a little more understanding? or try to act a little better than them instead of using all this has an anarchy way to live your life? You should be placing the example to others , rather than placing so much intolerance to religion , eitherway your not gonna be better in any of both anyway if neither of both wants to change for the best ).

What i find silly is how people make so much recovery groups out of no where for a lot of even more silly things , so atheism feels like something in wich i could feel anger about too , want me to do million and millions of recovery groups on that too? Is only you thinking the whole world is against you.

Now what angers me the most is the use of actual atheism melted all over the abuse past of yourself , giving actual true atheist an certain mood of " i hate everything and everyone and im so freaking liberal on everything i do because i deserve to give the world what the world gave me " , so? I bet theres a lot of people that have suffered a lot of abuses too , spending your whole life in denial of the fact that your childhood sucked , doesnt mean you then gotta go in all the christians pages telling everyone THERES NO GOD BECAUSE MY DADDY PUNCHED ME SO BADLY I PUCKED. Now all this place is feeding up the victim mentallity all over.

Ok now that is just ridiculous. If people have been hurt and suffered, who are you to tell them how long it should take to get over that. If people think there is no god because of abuse, is that not a fair assumption? If you are told you are loved by god and that good will bless you and look after you, and that doesn't happened how are people supposed to feel? If things hurt you, they hurt you. Some people get over things quickly, some never get over them. Leave people alone Adelice to work through their hurts the best they can. Feel compassion and empathy. Feeling angry at people who have been hurt makes no sense.

No , im saying it because i found it more hypocritical you trying to point your point of how christianity is so damn wrong and that every church should be banned and burned down , when you cant act any better than actual christians , just placing upon new people who are searching attention and help another new burden of hate and hate and more hate at everything , instead of understanding and helping them see things arent so bad , instead of eternally placing atheism and whinningism hand by hand.

But for some people Adelice, things ARE that bad.

Ok now that is just ridiculous. If people have been hurt and suffered, who are you to tell them how long it should take to get over that. ( Sooo? I have my life been made fun of , hurt and betrayed by people i believed i loved too , that doesnt makes me less of an human being or less hurt has any other , i do know how is it to feel abused or different to others , but that doesnt means you gotta transform into an intoleran bastard yourself , and who i am? well i am someone who see how silly is to place our blame over an religion , and who had enough guts to dont go and search an parental figure to fix my problems )

If people think there is no god because of abuse, is that not a fair assumption? If you are told you are loved by god and that good will bless you and look after you, and that doesn't happened how are people supposed to feel. If things hurt you, they hurt you. Some people get over things quickly, some never get over them. Leave people alone Adelice to work through their hurts the best they can. Feel compassion and empathy. Feeling angry at people who have been hurt makes no sense. ( Im not saying i dont feel bad , i know how exactly almost each one of you feel because i been there , heck i even am in another sense of the word being banned here , what worries me is the fact your helping people by anger , by acting like small kids again , complaining over how god never put enough love over them and attack the believers blah blah , it worries me theres much and much more hate here , is not making you an good image neither , live and let go , try to help people who are hurt by explaining them that yes religion can hurt you , but no you dont need to spend all your eternity has an moron trying to disprove everything and everybody. Im not angry at people who have been hurt , im angry at people who not only been hurt but keep hurting themselfs , trying to destroy whatever " destroyed " them. Accept it , religion is something you have to get your own guts to leave by your own and make your own set of beliefs , making new hateful to religion zombies wont help in this at all )

popcorn.gif

This thread is quite entertaining.

popcorn.gif

This thread is quite entertaining.

:lol: I don't know why I get a kick out of that pic.

I wish I did but no...the pic scares me! lol

I wish I did but no...the pic scares me! lol

Why? Young Michael looks like he's having a good time watching the movie and eating his popcorn.

Perhaps it's the huge, beautiful smile? Not sure...lol.

Wait...who's the whiny, intolerant, hateful person in this thread? Who keeps repeating the same gripes in a cycle? Who can't move on?

Oh damn, I'm being reasonable and observant again.

Wait...who's the whiny, intolerant, hateful person in this thread? Who keeps repeating the same gripes in a cycle? Who can't move on?

Oh damn, I'm being reasonable and observant again.

At last im not an double faced , with lack of morals person who is even much more hateful and intolerant , whiny and that haves an even worse actitute than any other christian out there.

Seriously guys , if i knew this place was filled with crazy atheist fundies and extreme militant atheists , i would have stayed has far away has i could , filling the internet with your hate to religion and even the whole world with it wont fix an freaking thing , and no the world wont be any better with you force feeding us the need to dont believe on anything , believing an world withow christianity or any other set of beliefs is has silly has the ACTUAL belief itself.

An person that equally shoves his ideas of belief has non belief over other people throats is just an hypocrite idiot , who needs to see who is fighting against first and then to stop acting exactly the same.

Militan Atheist = An lovely mix of an whinning pityful teenager satanist out there who is in denial of life and tries to act against everybody , with an mix of extreme fundamentalist religious people who wants to make everyone believers instead just preach on hate on others people beliefs.

Now we could just call this god damn site " THE BIG MECHA OF ALL THE MILITANT ATHEISTS IN ALL THE HUMAN STORY ".

And yeah it pisses me off how you wanna try to impose your views of how right you are , how amazing you are , blah blah blah , when your not , atheist are just human beings has anybody else , no you arent more smart for leaving christianity just has your not more smart for not believing on santa claus , you wont magically know the whole universe story just because you denied god and then opened an darwin book and readed 5 pages of it.

Just whatever , i wont stay here , feeding your need of hate to christianity , gladly i prefer to just stop being an moron and completly stopping to believe neither sides of the parties , since none of them have showed me up enough amount of actually growing up and growing up an actual brain that doesnt involves getting into an cult mentallity to destroy whatever opposes you.

And if you think of me having this points of view will harm me in any sense , then lets see it in the outside world , dont you think being just plain tolerant and happy with your neighbour´s belief system will grant you an better time with other fellow human beings than spending your whole time just bashing them out? You arent fixing anything preying upon people here who at first " believe " someone is understanding them while theyre only getting brainwashed to be hateful at other religions , just has any other christian cult would do it.

By the way , the answer goes to most people around here , you say you dont like the white and black point of views , but still you preach them anyway.