Goodbye Jesus

I thought this was a place to DEBATE?

Angel

It all depends. Sure, just going around in anger all the time causes stress on your emotional system, and you'll have a hard time making any friends. But! Sometimes, occasionally it is good to release the valve and let the steam out. We walk around with a lot of repression and supress our thoughts, emotions and concerns. This is the reason why we have psychotherapy, when someone actually talks about their frustration, anger, disappointmenst and so on, because it helps just to talk about it.

That is not the bad kind of anger, but the controlled and occasional outlet of frustration.

Totally agree. And if you can't talk about it, at least do something to get it out. Write. Play an instrument. Dance. Punch a pillow. Do something that isn't destructive and won't hurt another human being, but get it out. I agree that keeping anger inside doesn't help, but it takes time to heal. People need to heal at their own pace, not be forced to pretend that everything is okay when it's not. We are not clones.

(Yeah, I know, it's un-Vulcanlike. But I'm human, not Vulcan.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad_Gerbil

• Ouroboros

• Cerise

• Reach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images