Goodbye Jesus

BASTARD!

crazy-tiger

3 good things about it though... 1) I managed to run rings around the pastor. (it was fun :wicked: ) 2) I managed to get a few of them thinking. (hell, I so badly stumped some of them you could see the doubts forming) 3) I got to see just how stupid and fake the whole thing was... again.

Oh, and I got a free feed out of it too.

Just fucking shoot me if I ever stick to my word on this kind of thing again... :twitch:

CT

I hope that the seeds of doubt you planted will stick in a few brain cells and cause apostasy in at least one of them. Then you can say it wasn't a waste of time and the "truth" never comes back void.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazy-tiger

• Ouroboros

• Fweethawt

• Vigile

CT

I hope that the seeds of doubt you planted will stick in a few brain cells and cause apostasy in at least one of them.  Then you can say it wasn't a waste of time and the "truth" never comes back void.

Isn't it funny that the words from the Bible, "truth will set you free", actually are true, and seeing the truth that God doesn't exist actually set you free!

The Bible was correct in that statement, but wrong about what the "truth" was.

CT

I hope that the seeds of doubt you planted will stick in a few brain cells and cause apostasy in at least one of them.  Then you can say it wasn't a waste of time and the "truth" never comes back void.

If that happens, it'll all have been worth it...

Meanwhile, I'm just doing a little skin-modding to UT'04... the pastor is going to make such a wonderful target. :wicked:

Ok... 3 hours of intense, hard-core preaching and attempted brain-washing has been endured, but I survived.

I don't believe just how deluded those people are... with the evidence in front of them, they declared that the geneology in Matthew is Mary's,

So when Matthew 1:16 says that Jacob is Joseph's father, it really means that Jacob is Mary's father? :twitch: If the Bible is open to that much interpretation, then you can pretty much interpret anything to mean anything.

that Jesus was Josephs blood son, that I can still be saved, (Can someone be born 3 times? I think not.) that they are right to be full of pride, that they can openly declare the RCC in not Christian, that Mormons are not Christian...

Did you blaspheme the holy ghost in front of them? I would have loved to see their faces if you had. :HaHa:

3 good things about it though... 1) I managed to run rings around the pastor. (it was fun :wicked: ) 2) I managed to get a few of them thinking. (hell, I so badly stumped some of them you could see the doubts forming) 3) I got to see just how stupid and fake the whole thing was... again.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, then. :grin:

Oh, and I got a free feed out of it too.

That alone would have gotten me to go. :wicked:

Just fucking shoot me if I ever stick to my word on this kind of thing again... :twitch:

You're on your own, there. I don't live anywhere near you and bullets don't travel well over the Internet. :grin:

C-T,

Yer a decent Man.. Much moreso than the retreaded retard that got ya into this shitte in first place.

The few good nuggets that come from this kind of situation is that you see where folks excape from, and indeed someone will eventually have to fix the pothole in the jebus-tar road that covers their brain you caused..

kL

Three hours??? You are stronger than I would have been. I'd have either gotten so disgusted and marched out in the middle of the sermonizing, or I'd have been thrown out because of my constant guffaws, snorts, and eye-rolling in response to their urges to repent.

Get even. Invite these people to your house, but don't tell them they will be outnumbered by the ex-christians that you also invited. Prominently display books like Babinski's "Leaving the Fold", and bring up topics such as how early Christians adapted some of their teachings from so-called pagan religions, or scientific subjects such as evolution. If they complain, just say, "Oh, didn't I tell you this was a freethinking party?"

From on now, whenever you are invited to any type of party or gathering, make sure you ask for details! Don't get trapped again!

:scratch:

You know something C-T????

There is some real potential to make these people heartily regret inviting you to their little "party". Looks like you may have done a little damage there.

If you can stomach it, I think you should start going to their church regularly. I'm curious as to how much of you they can take before someone "encourages" you to go away!

Not to mention you have to opportunity to really make your lying friends unpopular among their fellowship seeing as the sheep all know who got you to come to their church in the first place!

And there were so many beautifully evil suggestions from others here....it would be a shame to not give the sheep the full treatment!

Ok... 3 hours of intense, hard-core preaching and attempted brain-washing has been endured, but I survived.

And just think, Bongo endures this every week. :HappyCry:

Isn't it funny that the words from the Bible, "truth will set you free", actually are true, and seeing the truth that God doesn't exist actually set you free!

The Bible was correct in that statement, but wrong about what the "truth" was.

I've thought of that one many times Hans. Also, with an ironic twist on "peace in christ," I found peace for the first time once I left the whole ball of wax behind.

I've thought of that one many times Hans.  Also, with an ironic twist on "peace in christ," I found peace for the first time once I left the whole ball of wax behind.

Not to brag, but even further confusion when I'm been told I'm Christ-like in my compassion and empathy for people and life around me... that makes you really wonder...

I've come to the conclusion that the gospel is an allegory for how we should be compassionate and kind to people around us, help them when we can etc, while the Pauline Christianity messed up the message and was heretic and also misled the early church to become a fundamentalistic, dogmatic and hypocritical self-adoration club. Paul was the anti-christ.

I've come to the conclusion that the gospel is an allegory for how we should be compassionate and kind to people around us, help them when we can etc, while the Pauline Christianity messed up the message and was heretic and also misled the early church to become a fundamentalistic, dogmatic and hypocritical self-adoration club. Paul was the anti-christ.

Which would mean that the one-world religion that keeps being talked about would be...

Christianity. :eek:

In any event I eat all I can and generally have a good time.

SPIKE THE PUNCH! Come on you know there is ALWAYS punch somewhere. Make a plate and take it to go. hehe Do you have time to have a T-Shirt made reading "Here under false pretenses"?

SPIKE THE PUNCH! Come on you know there is ALWAYS punch somewhere. Make a plate and take it to go. hehe Do you have time to have a T-Shirt made reading "Here under false pretenses"?

Yeah! With the back saying: "I thought this was a sex party!"

I'm just guessing here, but that has to be Purpose Driven Church.

I had to look for the quote. It is from Bob Logan’s book “Beyond Church Growth”, where he quotes a pastor Michael Brodeur of Vineyard about church planting in San Francisco. Here it is:

Most Church plantings have failed because these churches have put their resources into easily identifiable target groups which don’t make good disciples – singling out gays, the homeless, or AIDS victims. They exhaust their resources on a very difficult base of return and sabotage their own ministry.

Reflecting on the success of Vineyard Christian Fellowship in San Francisco, Brodeur added:

We came in determined not to target these groups, but just to go after the average person. At first our attenders were not from the city but from outlying areas, which was a strategy of God to get us over the financial barriers of establishing a church in the heart of the city. Now 70 percent of our attenders are city residents.

(Robert E. Logan, Beyond Church Growth, p. 62)

The purpose driven church has also become a very popular book among bible believers in my country. But actually, I have never read it. Some of the theologically interested people in my last denomination (Church of the Nazarene) were very frustrated, about the success of that book. According to them Rick Warren is basically Calvinistic in his theology, so I though that I didn’t need to read it.

:grin:

Wow, CT, kudos for you....I could have never gone into a situation like that without hurling every five minutes.

:eek:

You kept your cool, good for you. I would have never made it....

Well, I don't know who you are trying to impress with your adherence to your word CT. Personally, I would not have bothered at all and just told them to fuck off after having tried to deceive me like that.

However, if for some reason you regard 'keeping your word' to be important to yourself, you could have kept it simply by driving to the church and then going back home without ever stepping out of the car. By the way, this could have taken place before or after the ceremony, since you didn't say when you would go (unless you exactly repeated when). If they said "we're honoring our anniversary on Oct2, can we count on you to be there?". You could technically comply by showing up anytime you choose, since the question is really "can we count on you to be there", and not "can we count on you to be there on Oct 2 at xxxpm".

They got you there on a technicality, you could have complied on one as well.

If you wish to be legalistic to yourself, think like a fucking lawyer*.

*no diss intended toward you, unless of course you're a fucking lawyer

Well, I don't know who you are trying to impress with your adherence to your word CT.  Personally, I would not have bothered at all and just told them to fuck off after having tried to deceive me like that.
Not trying to impress anyone. I've never broken my word, and I've no intention of ever doing so.
However, if for some reason you regard 'keeping your word' to be important to yourself, you could have kept it simply by driving to the church and then going back home without ever stepping out of the car.
That thought did occur to me, but I had to stay for the free food. :wicked:
By the way, this could have taken place before or after the ceremony, since you didn't say when you would go (unless you exactly repeated when).  If they said "we're honoring our anniversary on Oct2, can we count on you to be there?".  You could technically comply by showing up anytime you choose, since the question is really "can we count on you to be there", and not "can we count on you to be there on Oct 2 at xxxpm".
Yeah... that's about what happened. Time and date was given... although duration was not. I could have walked through the door, turned around, walked back out and flipped them the bird as I did, but I was restraining myself... didn't want them to think "oh, it's just another Evil Atheist.
They got you there on a technicality, you could have complied on one as well. 

If you wish to be legalistic to yourself, think like a fucking lawyer*.

*no diss intended toward you, unless of course you're a fucking lawyer

Wouldn't a fucking lawyer be thinking "Oh money... Oh money..."? :grin:

CT, I can understand your dilemma in having given your word. But a lie of omission is still a lie. They even said that they didn't say because they thought you wouldn't come. You owe them nothing...

IMOHO,

:thanks:

CT, I can understand your dilemma in having given your word.  But a lie of omission is still a lie.  They even said that they didn't say because they thought you wouldn't come.  You owe them nothing...

IMOHO,

:thanks:

Yeah, I know...

It was fun though. :wicked: