Goodbye Jesus

Youtube Banned Video Made For "recovering Catholics Everywhere"

Mriana

YouTube censors music video critical of the Pope

Thought someone else here might like reading and seeing this.

It opens with "For Recovering Catholics Everywhere". Was it really due to setting the Pope's pic and the altar on fire? Yes, there is a link on the page to get to the video. I rather thought it was a talented expression of how they felt, but then I was a bit shocked by something else and I'm a fan of Cher (be forewarned if you view it). I think this went a little further than Cher. It's risque. Yes, that's the word, but good song, even if I don't get what they meant by one line or the one scene.

I understood most of the song, but not all of the song itself- such as "I need one more"- not sure what they mean by that, but somehow I got a kick out of the "burka"-like deal (I thought I was the only one who referred to Xianity with that metaphor), sacrifice/crucifixion, as well as setting it all on fire, among other things, and I'm not even inclined to actually do such things.

From the article link:

"The video is dedicated to “Recovering Catholics Everywhere” and features the burning of a photo of the Pope with the word “Confess” written on it in red. There is also a photo of musician Sinead O’Connor in the video which is placed on a dresser covering a picture of Jesus. O’Connor made headlines a number of years ago by ripping up a photo of the previous Pope live on TV.

Some speculate that the video was taken down from YouTube because of the brief nudity in the video. This is certainly a possibility however there is another music video on YouTube by the band Unkle which actually features more nudity than Fuji Minx’s video. The Unkle video does have a disclaimer age verification page before being able to view the video, but some have speculated that such a disclaimer page could have been made available to the Fuji Minx video and yet one was censored and the other was not."

Well if its not the brief risque scene, then YouTube is protecting religious institutions and alike. I don't know what it was, but I would hope it was only because it was a bit risque and nothing more. Aside from being shocked at one point and not quite understanding a couple details, I think I like the song and video.

So um... what happens if one of us made a video for Ex-Christians everywhere and posted it to YouTube? Could be fun. lol Except I'm not as wild as this band is, so I don't think I'm quite the person to do it.

Oh I have a video link- not sure if it will work though:

If I were Fuji Minx, I would put out an edited version of the video, censor the nips, and repost it, to see if this is about the nudity or the anti-catholic thing. I'm generally against succumbing to censorship, but this would be censorship with a purpose, you know?

Oh but it is up on YouTube again. A fan posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWY2PgBGTIQ&

I even downloaded the song from their website. You can get song for free. I can't stop listening to the song or even watching the video. (snagged the video even) Don't know if I'll mirror it though. It would look out of place on a Trek channel.

Oh but it is up on YouTube again. A fan posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWY2PgBGTIQ&

I even downloaded the song from their website. You can get song for free. I can't stop listening to the song or even watching the video. (snagged the video even) Don't know if I'll mirror it though. It would look out of place on a Trek channel.

Love the video and the song. :D

Is it also possible youtube took the video down for copyright?

Looking at their website it's their work as far as I know.

Nice nipples in that vid.. I bet you it was the boobie action that got it banned.

I got boobie-dar so I just can't miss something like that

Nice nipples in that vid.. I bet you it was the boobie action that got it banned.

It was the more blatant ones that shocked me. I was surprised they did that.

I'm not so sure...that unkle video had the same kind of nipple shot, and for much much longer. Only difference I saw was their video was in black and white.

I have boobie dar too lol

Banned for tits. I'm kind of surprised anyone was even wondering about that.

boobstc.png

I'm guessing the stuff about the 'Pope' being the reason is just a publicity stunt. Probably got the idea from Sinead O'connor's infamous SNL appearance.

Also...

fuckingsaved.jpg

I'm not so sure...that unkle video had the same kind of nipple shot, and for much much longer.

Oh that's ridiculous! When you've seen one you've seen them all. The only difference is size. Besides, what I like is where they had the authoritarian's pic on the altar and wrote CONFESS and then set it and the altar on fire. I LOVED IT! I would think if it was anything, it may have been. It's a sacrilege and disrespect of elders. After all the pope is suppose to be the holy hiney as well as one to be respected because he's in authority, yet he looks evil and isn't actually a very nice person or done nice things. And you just don't do that to the altar. Personally, I think it's funny. Burn baby burn! Thus why I love it, esp since no one was actually harmed.

I'm not so sure...that unkle video had the same kind of nipple shot, and for much much longer.

Oh that's ridiculous! When you've seen one you've seen them all. The only difference is size. Besides

Spoken like a woman!

Let me tell you that every nipple is precious and individual, unique in some respect, even saggy ones.

I haven't seen the video yet though. Perhaps these are lamentable "ordinary ones." Nope, no such thing.

Oh that's ridiculous! When you've seen one you've seen them all. The only difference is size. Besides

Spoken like a woman!

Let me tell you that every nipple is precious and individual, unique in some respect, even saggy ones.

I haven't seen the video yet though. Perhaps these are lamentable "ordinary ones." Nope, no such thing.

I am a woman. I see them every day. All I have to do is look down. No big deal. :lol: