Goodbye Jesus

It's only God when the outcome is good

Mythra

Ever notice that God's involvement only gets mentioned when the outcome of something is good? "We got out of New Orleans alive, thank God"..

Our house was spared.. thank God. "The water started going down right when we started praying"...

But you'd better not ever say, why did God take my child? Why did God send this hurricane and wipe out our town? God, why did you destroy my house?

We had a National Day of Prayer right after Katrina. A whole nation praying and God must not have been listening. He just sent another fuckin hurricane.

With religionists, God gets all of the credit for any little positive thing and none of the blame when it goes bad.

Makes you wanna puke.

Yup.

With the presumtion that God must be good, then all good things must be God.

And secondly, with the Devil being evil, all evil things must be the Devil.

All things between are humans and nature.

Such crap!

Not true. I've read so many hurricane Katrina stories where people also said it was "god's plan" when someone died, even though they had been praying for that person to survive. For a fundy, it's god, no matter what.

Serenity - I don't know if you meant it to be funny, but it freakin cracked me up when I read "at least the cancer isn't in my ears".. :lmao: so true

I always wonder how the other person takes it when this occurs. I remember when Columbine happened, a parent who's child made it out alive came on camera saying that God was looking out for them that day.

How bout the parent who's child didn't make it out alive? How did they take that? "God was looking out for you? Well, aren't you special? " "why wasn't he looking out for me? What did I do wrong? "

What a great gig God has. Never get blamed, always get praised.

Why don't people ever stop and take a look and figure out that things happen, both good and bad, without any big puppet-master in the sky guiding the whole show?

Why don't people ever stop and take a look and figure out that things happen, both good and bad, without any big puppet-master in the sky guiding the whole show?

*Gasp shock horror*

That would be a sin and we would burn in hell forever! Heaven forbid we actually use our brains!

:rolleyes:

We had a National Day of Prayer right after Katrina.  A whole nation praying and God must not have been listening.  He just sent another fuckin hurricane.

Whatever Divine force might be real, this one clearly isn't. :fdevil:

Silly jehoover - it should have known that if it promises (supposedly, as we can read in the wholly babble) to answer all prayers someone's bound to take it by its word... and that way, by its balls. :pureevil:

We had a National Day of Prayer right after Katrina.  A whole nation praying and God must not have been listening.  He just sent another fuckin hurricane.

We should have had a national day of awakening instead. Awakening to the realization that our beliefs in god are contradictory and meaninless. "My fellow American's, let us bow our heads in an hour of shame for believing in fairy tales and myth's, when our energies should have been better spent dealing with the realty of the world we live in. It is time for us to rise to the occasion and become real men and women, not children looking to Santa Clause for magic presents from the North Pole."

If only I were President....