Goodbye Jesus

Were You Ever A Christian?

prove_17

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.........

Can I ask a question to the xtian spewing scripture that means absolutely nothing to any of us...

What is your purpose for being here and asking your questions?

Please give a direct answer and leave all the bullshit out...

What's your purpose for being here?

We may never know. (Old thread; this guy hasn't been around here since August 1.)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prove_17

• Ancey

• Shyone

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy, I don't know whether to admire you guys for sticking with and responding to the OP, or to recommend a good counselor to find out why you all like beating your heads against the wall.

I quickly skimmed the 14 pages that have been posted so far - the OP is like one of those old talking baby dolls - you pull the string on the back of its neck and a pre-recorded message is mindlessly spouted. You have all created intelligent well though-out posts, and all this guy has done so far is say, "Oh yeah?, well then read this: Homer 3:25.....and Krusty 4:11....."

I think you need to chalk this one up as a lost cause.

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

I was baptized when I was a baby but and received 1st communion but as a child I felt nothing. It just seemed like a routine ceremony everyone at my school does and was/is no big deal nor significant in anyway. However when I was confirmed it meant something to me, I felt it was a big deal for us. I was indeed a true christian, whether you agree that catholic are real christians or not is besides the point. I prayed, I believed in god and jesus and accepted him as my "saviour" and lord. I thought I had a real connection to Jesus and I tried to live a christian lifestyle and live the values of christianity. Obviously now I'm too cool for christianity.

That is funny. "Too cool for Christianity." I remember when I was trying very hard to find my place within Christianity while being true to myself, I was constantly told by the True Christians that I was not "cool" enough to join their club. I finally gave up, after a couple of decades of trying, and went my own path...a path I get critcised about by True Christians. Can't win with those people, so I take Lao Tzu's advice and not compete with them.

Guest Spinoza

I was once a catholic which I always interpreted as "Eclectic" and just like the Holy Roman Catholic Church, I have absorbed all the other religions to realize that the Vedantic Non-dualistic Buddhist Tao is the WAY.

Om.

I was for around 13 years.

Now...I am a non-believer.

• 3 weeks later...

Om.

:lmao:

In answer to Prove's question, according to your criteria, yes, I was definitely christian. Like everyone else on this forum; otherwise, why on EARTH would we be here?