Goodbye Jesus

Were You Ever A Christian?

prove_17

And "prove_17" ... I see just like the bable verses you are "cherry picking" to feed us here .... you are also "cherry picking" which posters you "attempt" to answer!

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

.... did you not realise the "one true" version of the babble has corrected this verse. It actually reads "But fools who are unlearned should avoid questions."

Guess that is why for instance you have avoided some posts:

.... still waiting to see some of HereticZero's questions answered! He asks:

"You have proof the story of the talking snake is true? Proof of Moses or of Jesus? Proof of Iesus as God's son? Any proof Iesus was a carpenter? Got a wooden plate of his?"

... fairly basic and reasonable to expect an answer I would have thought? :banghead:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prove_17

• Ancey

• Shyone

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Prove, see my moniker? 'Nuff said?

Please give us the 'true' understanding of what Romans 12: 1 & 2 means and how Christians should apply it.

Thanks.

BAA.

p.s.

2 Ti 2:23 shouldn't apply here, ok?

This passage has nothing to do with burning babies.

The bible doesn't say where babies go so how can I?

Oh, come on. Make up some crap. Selectively quote the bible. You know how to do it.

Make yourself feel good. "Let the little children come unto me." There, see how easy that was?

Or make yourself feel bad - without baptism, without accepting Jesus, the little babies fry for eternity.

Whatever.

It's like wondering if Frodo will ever be whole again.

Sounds like a Church of Christ Christian. I grew up in the CoC. :woohoo:

Is it appropriate to use musical instruments in worship?

I going to go with my instantaneous thought tonight reading the verse he quoted in the first post. Act 2:38.

I'm putting money we've got a UPC'er. That's United Pentecostal Church.

So am I right?? Do you believe you must have the name Jesus spoken over you in baptism, and that the initial sign of receiving the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues? Do I win the prize money?

BTW, I'm moving this topic to the Lion's Den.

Ok Prove, see my moniker? 'Nuff said?

Please give us the 'true' understanding of what Romans 12: 1 & 2 means and how Christians should apply it.

Thanks.

BAA.

p.s.

2 Ti 2:23 shouldn't apply here, ok?

This passage has nothing to do with burning babies.

Rom 12:1 ¶I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Live the way God wants you to live and be an example.

Sounds like a Church of Christ Christian. I grew up in the CoC. :woohoo:

I going to go with my instantaneous thought tonight reading the verse he quoted in the first post. Act 2:38.

So am I right?? Do you believe you must have the name Jesus spoken over you in baptism, and that the initial sign of receiving the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues? Do I win the prize money?

BTW, I'm moving this topic to the Lion's Den.

Actually, I was taught under the Church of Christ doctrine. When I realized the different interpretations from church to church I decided to study the entire bible myself without any outside commentaries or influences. When I saw the things we were doing wrong according to scriptures,( women speaking in church, being friends with and marrying non-believers, etc.,) I brought these things to the members attention and all I received were excuses. So after about eight years of this, I went out teaching at other congregations and were thrown out of most of them. Now I just make sure my family knows the truth. I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person.

... nah ... I don't think so AM! This guy/kid is all a breed of his own!

Can't be the UPC as he is the only true christian he knows!

I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person.

... what double standards!! Go check your FIRST post on this topic ... YOU were the one to come on to an ex-christian site of YOUR own accord ... make a TOTALLY unreasonable statement ... then say "I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person." Just the exact bigotry I have long come to expect from worshipers of evil!

How about, you list, your theology, on what makes you a true christian in once concise post.

Jhn 8:31 ¶Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Yep I sure was. But I found out that most christians can spout scriptures like there is no tomorrow but are clueless on how to live them. I got sick of the bullshit, so I walked away. Forty years of christianity taught me the only differnce between believers and non believers is that christians are the more judgemental of the two.

Only trombones! :grin:

Now I just make sure my family knows the truth. I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person.

The truth set me free, and now I'm a reasonable person.

According to the bible, the only way to become a Christian is:

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It's what comes afterwards that is problematic. All those people who didn't/don't believe the story as literal truth are judged and condemned. Even sinful little newborns who aren't "born again". What good is that? Belief dismisses morality or "works", because nonbelievers' good works condemn themselves. Christianity is cynicism and decadence: Human nature is considered evil and morality is undermined by the whole belief system.

By your definition, yes I was a true chrsitian.

Actually, I was taught under the Church of Christ doctrine. When I realized the different interpretations from church to church I decided to study the entire bible myself without any outside commentaries or influences. When I saw the things we were doing wrong according to scriptures,( women speaking in church, being friends with and marrying non-believers, etc.,) I brought these things to the members attention and all I received were excuses. So after about eight years of this, I went out teaching at other congregations and were thrown out of most of them. Now I just make sure my family knows the truth. I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person.

If you have studied the bible as much as you say, then why haven't you joined the rest of us atheists? lol

If you are following the scriptures as closely as you can (women speaking in church etc...) then you might check out Westboro Baptist Church, I hear they have a handle on things. :wicked:

Act 2:37 Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I didn't think that your post was that interesting since this is a blog-site for ex-christians, but I found your tagline quite interesting. This is it : Prove 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

It seems we (ex-christians) all started out with the "fear of god", and it says this is the BEGINNING of knowledge. We (most of us on this blog site) have since moved on, but fools despise wisdom.

It just seems ironic that your tagline seems to brand you as a fool, and affirm that "wisdom lovers" are in the right.

If you have studied the bible as much as you say, then why haven't you joined the rest of us atheists?

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Ah, our Bible-vomiting friend quoted Luke 16:24. May we assume, then, that you are, or were, scared of going to Hell?

I have no idea why I should trust the bible as the only scripture that could tell me the "TRUTH". He is treating this book as if it is something with super powers that needs no explanation. "Just let the bible speak!" He reminds me of the Golems, "men made of clay" in one of Terry Pratchetts books ("Feet of clay"). They have a scroll, a scripture inside their hollow heads that tells them what to to. No thoughts on their own.

And yes, I guess he is afraid of hell, but he will answer that it is not because of fear, it is out of thankfulness toward god.

I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person.

... what double standards!! Go check your FIRST post on this topic ... YOU were the one to come on to an ex-christian site of YOUR own accord ... make a TOTALLY unreasonable statement ... then say "I'll still discuss it with any reasonable person." Just the exact bigotry I have long come to expect from worshipers of evil!

Nail on the head, brother.

By those puny standards of repenting and being baptized I was truly a saved woman. But then I truly saved myself respect and self-worth and got out of that horrible religion where women are second class citizens.

I think you are an arrogant putz. You fail to notice the thousands of varieties of Christianity. There are 3 major ways to be saved. They are all directly from Bible scriptures. You need to do some studying.

If you really have read the Bible then you will have to have questions about the gruesome horrors god has wrought inthe Old Testament. Even in the New Testament god is striking people down. One would have thought there would be no need for that since god had already had his son gruesomely murdered to take on the sins of all mankind.

I have done all the things mentioned in this scripture. Repentance, baptism and received the Holy Ghost. Have I ever been a xian? Prove 17? Or is there more to it?

Yep. Did all that stuff. Took it very seriously at one stage, but then I realised I was living in a delusion.