Goodbye Jesus

Christian Graffiti

Angel

I have noticed this kind of thing before, but it really stood out to me this time.... I was in the Salvation Army thrift store shopping, then I had to visit the lil girl's room. While I was in there, on the wall someone wrote, "God is love, I know because he lives in my soul." Now, this is not the first time that I have seen stuff like this on the bathroom wall, but I just do not understand it?

If you think your god has a lotta class,

Why write his name where you wipe your ass?

I have also seen graffiti under bridges, spray painted that Jesus saves, blah blah, and other stuff. What ever happened to obeying the authorities? That is a commandment, no? It just always struck me odd that someone would vadelise in the name of god, then again, people murder for the same cause.

I never wrote on any object like a stall, but I used to leave little cards in public places. You could buy them at the Christian bookstore; they were the size of a business card and on one side would have a religious picture, and maybe a verse or slogan. The other side would be blank except for the manufacturers name, so I would add additional verses on this side to go along with whatever was on the front, and leave them in public bathrooms, tables in restaurants, etc. I thought I was being sooooo holy, when I was really just being a self-righteous asshole.

Let's judge the Christian vandals on the same basis as other vandals. A message of "Jesus loves you" offends me no more than the message that "Frat boys are pussies" or "Mary Beth gives good head." At the same time, a lack of respect for property hardly comports with the worldview of most Christians, so these folks may be seen as poor representatives of their faith, as you imply.

I suppose one vandal is no better than another. They are all annoying unless they are funny or you agree with their point of view. :shrug:

Guest Challenger

I worked with a Christian who was a furniture saleman, who used to leave little messages, in bold, black letters, on the backside of the merchandise tags. "Repent Sinners!" was his favorite one. I saw lots of those.

And if there was something that had content of which he didn't approve, such as a picture or a statue, he tried to stash it somewhere out of sight, behind a sofa, beneath a bed, even inside a refrigerator. As I came across them I would replace the offending items back on the sales floor. . .in full view of his desk, of course.

It just always struck me odd that someone would vandalize in the name of god, then again, people murder for the same cause.

Pardon moi, but I just vandalized your original post by adding an 'n' to the word vadelise, and replacing the 'e' and 's' with an 'a' and 'z' thereby transforming it into vandalize. It's no big deal -- and please -- don't mistake it as a personal disapproval of your comment -- or even more horrific -- that by emending things, so to speak, I somehow found your intellect to be lacking. My speeeling sucks too, at times; And what's worse, I'm a compulsive neat freak -- hence the inability to resist tidying things up :phew:

But I do hope that your lumping of vandals and murderers together doesn't imply they should be tried together, and if found guilty -- then what? ...Hanged together? or would a stiff 20 without parole suffice the bloodletting? :eek:

I'm with Ro-bear: "I suppose one vandal is no better than another. They are all annoying unless they are funny or you agree with their point of view."

That's far too much wisdom than I'm used to dealing with :thanks:

Challenger, man I loved the furniture salesguy, straight outta 'central casting' -- but ain't we all had to endure the 'little helpers' from time to time, pokin' us with their little tridents :eek:

Guest Challenger

(Nicole Simon)

Challenger, man I loved the furniture salesguy, straight outta 'central casting' -- but ain't we all had to endure the 'little helpers' from time to time, pokin' us with their little tridents

Oh, yeah, this guy was loads of fun to work with. . .NOT!

If you think your god has a lotta class,

Why write his name where you wipe your ass?

I could be reading more into your post than you had intended, Angel. I just have one quick question. Is that (your quote above) what you wrote on the wall in response to the, "God is love, I know because he lives in my soul." comment? :HaHa:

:lmao:

I always got a kick out of, "He who writes on bathroom walls, rolls his shit into little balls. He who reads these words of wit, must eat those little balls of shit." :lmao: