Goodbye Jesus

Dual Creation Accounts on TW

Kryten

I think this topic has been done before, but this is a little different.

Interesting thread at TheologyWeb about the dual creation accounts. The contradiction is plainly laid out, but The Faithful continue to repay logic and questions with insults and dodges. Their Christ-like attitude is almost enough to bring me back into the fold. Glory!

The problem: In Genesis 1, the creation order is laid out days 1 through 7. Clearly animals were created before man.

But then this shows up in the next chapter...

Genesis 2:18-19 NASB

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him." Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.

So Genesis 2 says Adam first, then the animals.

One thing I found amusing in that thread was the logical conclusion that God (according to His Word) created and then brought all the animals before Adam to see if any of them would be suitable as a mate!! When do you suppose the light came on-- let's see... He already made the animals of each sex-- male/female horse, male/female polar bear, etc... So when it came to a male human, who looked just like He did, how many of the animals did he TRY to hook Adam up with before He figured out that he might need to come up with a human female?? It appears that he tried them ALL! How omniscient is that?!

But the replies by the fundies are great witnesses for Jesus. Divide the posts by Christian vs non-Christian and count up which side has the most insults, snide remarks, stupidity, and bitter attitude. I can just feel the love...

One thing I found amusing in that thread was the logical conclusion that God (according to His Word) created and then brought all the animals before Adam to see if any of them would be suitable as a mate!!  When do you suppose the light came on-- let's see... He already made the animals of each sex-- male/female horse, male/female polar bear, etc... So when it came to a male human, who looked just like He did, how many of the animals did he TRY to hook Adam up with before He figured out that he might need to come up with a human female?? It appears that he tried them ALL!  How omniscient is that?!

Maybe this explains beastiality? Maybe God intented Adam to have sex with the sheep before he figured out that he needed a woman?

Interestingly enough, the NIV states:

"18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.

Emphasis mine. You'll notice that in verse 19 it uses past tense in order to try and make the creation story a little more coherent. Interestingly enough, it doesn't coincide with verse 18, where God says that he is going to make a helper suitable for Adam. Verse 18 states that God hasn't done it yet, verse 19 states that God has already done the deed and is just bringin em to Adam. Makes sense? I think not.

Nice subtitle Kryten!

"Christians display their fruit"

:eek::eek:

:wicked:

My mind went somewhere naughty.

But considering some of the christians I've met, I'd have to say I'm not impressed, please put the "fruit" away.

Genesis is an early demonstration of "cut and paste".

One thing I found amusing in that thread was the logical conclusion that God (according to His Word) created and then brought all the animals before Adam to see if any of them would be suitable as a mate!!  When do you suppose the light came on-- let's see... He already made the animals of each sex-- male/female horse, male/female polar bear, etc... So when it came to a male human, who looked just like He did, how many of the animals did he TRY to hook Adam up with before He figured out that he might need to come up with a human female?? It appears that he tried them ALL!  How omniscient is that?!

How many of the other animals could think, reason and speak? After naming them all, did God ask "Well, Adam? Did you see any of my other creatures that might be a helpmate for you?" Did Adam respond "Well, some of those gorillas were kinda cute but they weren't much for conversation." ???

If God made man so different and special why did he make just one male when all other species were created both male and female? Just to make sure Adam understood that this woman was special and different? Was this bestiality prevention?

How many of the other animals could think, reason and speak?  After naming them all, did God ask "Well, Adam?  Did you see any of my other creatures that might be a helpmate for you?"  Did Adam respond "Well, some of those gorillas were kinda cute but they weren't much for conversation."  ???

If God made man so different and special why did he make just one male when all other species were created both male and female?  Just to make sure Adam understood that this woman was special and different?  Was this bestiality prevention?

Well Eve seemed to have a special place for the serpent.

Edit-- Uh, I mean a special relationship!

Eve had a thing for Serenity? :eek:

Does Serenity Now know this?

Eve had a thing for Serenity?  :eek:

Does Serenity Now know this?

Oooh! Now THAT'S just wrong. Vigile you are wicked. :wicked:

Well, my wife's a snake-handler and all, but that's just dirty! LOL

What sort of strange Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole IS that web site? Good grief! I am reading things there, arguments by creationists, that I have never, EVER read anywhere else. Must be some new branch of underground theology or something. :shrug:

OMG! Now I am reading a Wiccan lecturing YEC'ers on behavior and ethics! LOL This is very entertaining.....

:drink: