Goodbye Jesus

You Never Had A Chance

prove_17

Guest I Love Dog

And, here, I was actually wondering if he was a troll.

One of the worst, I think, he/she/it can't even write its own words, just a useless load of babble quotes that mean nothing in the 21st century.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mriana

• prove_17

• Ouroboros

• bdp

I am in favor of this troll being banned. Hardly any discussion and nothing but Bible verses.

More wisdom from Huckleberry Finn:

H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain't that a big enough majority in any town?

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Chapter 26.

1Cr 1:10 ¶Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you; but [that] ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

can you explain to me what this means? there be no divisions among you, and you be joined together in the same mind and the same judgement?

This is the second part of that statement with a little more detail:

1Cr 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them [which are of the house] of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1Cr 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Cr 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

and this from the new testament or old testament?

It's from the new testament. This is how the letter starts:

1Cr 1:1 ¶Paul, called [to be] an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes [our] brother,

1Cr 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

does this here mean that those are baptized have the gift of the holy ghost?

It's written this way:

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added [unto them] about three thousand souls.

and what is that gift?

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

You're still not making a bit of sense. It would be nice if you told us what you wanted to discuss. We aren't mind readers. Besides that, Eemaan asked you a legitimate question. Now you could answer her or you could leave it to one of us Ex-Christians to give her our interpretation of what it means. You could help the poor Muslim, because she's probably never heard "the word". (No insult, Eemaan, just trying to get prove to actually talk. Whatever takes so that he doesn't wait people's time.)

Eemaan, here is the whole chapter that Prove is quoting and not even explaining himself. Might not be the translation he's using, but it really doesn't matter: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20corinthians&version=NIV You can read it yourself. As for the "gift", I really don't believe he gave you any answer. The Roman's verse he quotes isn't talking about any "gift".

Eemaan, here is the whole chapter that Prove is quoting and not even explaining himself. Might not be the translation he's using, but it really doesn't matter: http://www.biblegate...ans&version=NIV You can read it yourself. As for the "gift", I really don't believe he gave you any answer. The Roman's verse he quotes isn't talking about any "gift".

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

The gift is the Holy Ghost(Holy Spirit, Spirit) which intercedes for us to God.

Eemaan, here is the whole chapter that Prove is quoting and not even explaining himself. Might not be the translation he's using, but it really doesn't matter: http://www.biblegate...ans&version=NIV You can read it yourself. As for the "gift", I really don't believe he gave you any answer. The Roman's verse he quotes isn't talking about any "gift".

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift is the Holy Ghost(Holy Spirit, Spirit) which intercedes for us to God.

You mean Casper the Holy Ghost? I had no idea he gave gifts and here I thought he was just a cartoon. I gave him up as an invisible friend when I was a kid though.

]

You mean Casper the Holy Ghost? I had no idea he gave gifts and here I thought he was just a cartoon. I gave him up as an invisible friend when I was a kid though.

Of course he gives gifts. God is the amalgamation of Casper, Santa Clause, and Superman. (The Holy Trinity. :grin: Imagine, this team would be unbeatable!)

]

Of course he gives gifts. God is the amalgamation of Casper, Santa Clause, and Superman. (The Holy Trinity. :grin: Imagine, this team would be unbeatable!)

:lmao: Thank you for the laugh.

If you weren't taught the truth and in a denomination, you never had God's help to help you through. You never had a chance of making it!

So then it's all a futile waste of time and there's no point in giving it the time of day. Why risk more time following Christianity if no one can get it right?

1Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. - 2 Corinthians 1:8

If you weren't taught the truth and in a denomination, you never had God's help to help you through. You never had a chance of making it!

So then it's all a futile waste of time and there's no point in giving it the time of day. Why risk more time following Christianity if no one can get it right?

Mar 10:26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

Mar 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men [it is] impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

I was on holidays for a week and it is amazing that prove is still just quoting bible verses. Nearly 70 posts full of the "book". As others already mentioned: Most of the time I even do not know what he wants from the people on this forum. Does he want to make us think about the bible? He ignores every post he wants to ignore or he posts again just bible quotes. To me this is spamming.

And, here, I was actually wondering if he was a troll.

One of the worst, I think, he/she/it can't even write its own words, just a useless load of babble quotes that mean nothing in the 21st century.

Eph 6:1¶Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

Rom 13:1¶Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Guest ephymeris

LOL I've been following the progression of this moron throughout the Lion's Den but since he only cut and pastes random bible verses I've only been reading our responses to prove, not his actual babble spam. Can't believe we're still kicking this troll around. He's the least interesting xian to breeze through here in a while.

Does this also mean child abusing parents?

Rom 13:1¶Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

That would be the church since God doesn't speak or hear since he doesn't exist. Worked out well for the church for a long time didn't it?

Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Pay your tithe - to the church. That's how they can afford to pay restitution to the children they have abused. Also, pay your taxes. No sense pissing off the powers that be (and the church, of course, then became the Power that Is).

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Is there some reason you are quoting Babylonian and Assyrian law?

A wife caught in the act of adultery was to be tied to her lover and thrown into the water and drowned (Babylon).

Under Assyrian law a murderer was handed over to the next of kin of the one murdered, and according to his choice, he could put the murderer to death or take his property. This could lead to blood feuds, for there was little control of the matter, and no cities of refuge were provided, as in Israel. The punishment for adultery was left to the husband. He could put his wife to death, mutilate her, punish her as he saw fit, or let her go free. As he did to the wife, he was required to do also to the adulterous man. Many prisoners of war were flayed (skinned) alive, blinded, or had their tongues torn out; they were impaled, burned, and put to death in other ways.

There were penalties of different amounts of savagery for theft, for illegal buying or selling, or receiving stolen goods. (Babylon)

And I think that the author of Romans brushed over the other commandments, and he really didn't say much about the penalties.

Primative times, primative people. Just like you.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 :

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I Samuel 15

1 Then Samuel said to Saul, "The LORD sent me to anoint you as king over His people, over Israel; now therefore, listen to the words of the LORD. 2"Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. 3 'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Deut 22:28-29

If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

Deut. 25:11-12 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts,you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Exodus 21:20-21 When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

1Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

God doesn't help you with one fucking thing. He's just imaginary .... :loser:

Unproven_17 is under the delusion that the "weird of gawd" has magical powers that will slay the heathen or strike them dumb or something.

Here's the facts:

The weird of gawd is slow and weak and duller than an overweight baptist virgin at a Mensa meeting.

Prove, most of us have read the babble. We already know the verses you are quoting us backward and forward, so it doesn't do any good. If you want to add to the discussion, use your own words, not verses that we already know. You obviously do not take your "witnessing" seriously or you would comply with these simple requests.

• 2 weeks later...
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

So God is held back by to guide the seeking heart through the fallacies humanity spill. You just represented the failure of your god.

Also...never forget this verse:

Hebrews 6:4-6:

4For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Cross references:

# Hebrews 6:4 : Hebrews 10:32

# Hebrews 6:4 : John 4:10; Eph 2:8

# Hebrews 6:4 : Hebrews 2:4, 5; Gal 3:2, 5

# Hebrews 6:5 : Psalm 34:8

# Hebrews 6:6 : Matt 19:26; 1 John 5:16

# Hebrews 6:6 : Hebrews 10:29

(I took the letters off due to the emotion-con that came about in the quote of the verse. All of this came from http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Hebrews+6%3A4-6&version1=47#cen-ESV-30032A where I found the verse in the ESV translation and the cross references.

Your desperate hope to add the number to the kingdom you believe in contradicts this very verse because you have no proof that any of us actually DIDN'T taste the heavenly gift, shared in the Holy Spirit and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and you have no proof that any of us actually DID those things that the verse states, so without making yourself look like a fool(now I sit and wait for the verse that talks about how the world will see the truth as foolish to justify your claim) to think you actually KNOW the legitimacy of anyone here that is a non-believer to even think that there is a chance or that there isn't a chance.

... (load of Babble quotes, and no own words)...

Case in point.

To me this is spamming.

Isn't that what christianity is all about?

spamReg.png