Goodbye Jesus

Cube Mate

Amethyst

So I was eating lunch in my cube, and my cube mate and I started a conversation about the weather. We ended up talking about hearing voices somehow, and the kinds of books he reads that say your inner voice is lying, and I could tell that it was going to turn into a sermon on conscience and Biblegod.

I told him "I'm sorry, but I really don't want to have this kind of discussion with you. I can see where it's going from miles away. I am trying to eat lunch. Maybe you should take lunch since it's 20 minutes to 12." (he usually eats at 11:30).

He decided to take lunch.

I am so glad I'm not going to have to sit next to this guy for the next 6 months. He just cannot go a day without trying to turn a conversation about a perfectly ordinary subject (like the weather) into a sermon of some kind. He's not even a preacher.

:ugh:

Hey Amethyst!

Man, there's nothing worse than proselytizing xers. Sorry you have one right next to you!

I've found the best way to politely get 'em to STFU is to be very nice, very friendly, and absolutely laugh at their beliefs. Not in a mean, vicious sort of way, but the way you'd laugh at a guy trying to convince you that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real. :grin:

If he persists, just be like, "Oh, come on! You can't be serious?" and keep laughing.

Nothing unnerves them like amusement over their deep, mystical beliefs. :twitch:

I've found an easy way that gets 98% of missionaries to leave me alone:

אתה מדבר עברית?

I've found the best way to politely get 'em to STFU is to be very nice, very friendly, and absolutely laugh at their beliefs.

Unfortunately, I'm surrounded by Christians in the office and I don't want them all to hate me. The other ones don't proselytize at work, though, so they're tolerable. He's the only one who does.

Huh?