Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Guest Justyna

Well during my time away from God I actually sought the truth. I looked into other religions and even took College courses in world religions. I do understand them better now. Ive actually read the Koran front to back believe it or not. I am not going to say that I know everything about it because I do not think that reading a book once makes you an expert. I searched for truth. I researched science and other religions and found that they all lead to a dead end. I asked God to show me if He was really One God that manifested differently as Buddah and Allah. Well all my efforts, all my time, all my research led me right back to Jesus as being the Christ. And actually I am a new Messianic Chrisitan meaning I do follow the Jewish law. Its not that I believe I need to inorder to be saved..its just that Jesus was Jewish and I feel closer to Him. I also feel a strong calling to pray for the Jews as they are Gods people. So that is where that stands. I am not saying that I am the most qualified person or anything, because I am not..but I have learned a lot. And before anyone can say that I am uneducated and a "coward" etc....I have a degree in Psychology and an MBA. Im not just a Chrisitan because I have nothing else going on in my life. I just see how easy it is to drift from the Truth now. Ive done it myself! The Bible says this will happen in the last days. Its very sad to me...we are only here for a moment but eternity is forever.

Realist--

I was NOT raised in a Christian environment, I grew up in the US, and my childhood was pretty normal if you ask me. I became a Christian when I was 12...just like that, for no real reason. But I remember hearing God's voice and feeling His pressence when I was just 3 years old...and no once again my parents are not Christians. I am the only Christian in my entire family. In fact my dad is a very very strong atheist and believes I was brainwashed etc. How do you explain that?

I read through the link you provided (briefly) and it was an interesting read. But what if you are wrong? What if there is a hell? That is NOT the reason I am a Christian again, but do you ever think you are wrong and you are being decieved? I have nothing to lose by being a Christian, only everything to gain. If I am wrong, oh well, I will die and nothing will happen. BUT what if you are wrong and you die and go to hell like the Bible says? It will be too late. This is not to scare you or anything (I dont believe in that) I am just asking a question.

... grown up and of total sound mind at 12! Amazing!! Just like I said!

Christians DO NOT get it do they? Once again ... they just do NOT get the Santa Claus comparison! Think on it for just on minute! This is how far we have moved on from this mythology garbage! I do NOT intend to narate 54 years of my life to you and how one has reached that certainty! It has taken 54 years to get there! You are happy and so am I. What does annoy me though and prompted my first reply is the statement from newly "re-converted" "so called" ex-chistrians that they once deconverted! Backslidden yes! But truly never deconverted!

And good luck by the way! If it makes you happy and gets you through life ... good for you!

BUT what if you are wrong and you die and go to hell like the Bible says? It will be too late. This is not to scare you or anything (I dont believe in that) I am just asking a question.

.... I don't think you have ever done much study on the EVIL origins of christianity ... and how the hell doctrine found its way into this religion!

... and hearing god's voice at 3 by the way?? What a joke!!!

I think your dad was dead right! It's called brain-washing.

And tell me ... why bother to take a final snipe at ex-christians on the way out of here? That is EXACTLY what i have come to expect from this evil religion!

Guest Justyna

Realist---

I do respect you and your lifestyle. I know you are significantly older than me (I am only in my late 20s) so you have more experience than me. The reason ex-Christians are so much happier without Christ in their lives is because Jesus told us that if we follow Him we will have trouble and tribulations and suffer for His Name. When an ex-Christian is not following God, they are useless for the Kingdom of God. The Enemy does not bother them because they are no longer living for God anymore. There is a battle going on. When I was away from God I didnt have as many problems as I do now. Since coming back to God I was physically attacked by someone I know. What do you think that is? Its a battle. Trust me I did not have these problems when I was not following God. I was empty and lonley but nothing like this happened to me. Why is this battle happening now that I am drawing closer to Him? Because HE IS REAL and there is opposition from the Enemy going on. But the present sufferings are not to be compared to the glory that will be revealed :)

Realist---

I do respect you and your lifestyle. I know you are significantly older than me (I am only in my late 20s) so you have more experience than me. The reason ex-Christians are so much happier without Christ in their lives is because Jesus told us that if we follow Him we will have trouble and tribulations and suffer for His Name. When an ex-Christian is not following God, they are useless for the Kingdom of God. The Enemy does not bother them because they are no longer living for God anymore. There is a battle going on. When I was away from God I didnt have as many problems as I do now. Since coming back to God I was physically attacked by someone I know. What do you think that is? Its a battle. Trust me I did not have these problems when I was not following God. I was empty and lonley but nothing like this happened to me. Why is this battle happening now that I am drawing closer to Him? Because HE IS REAL and there is opposition from the Enemy going on. But the present sufferings are not to be compared to the glory that will be revealed :)

... what a load of crap!! I think you need see a psychologist! (Not god!) What an absolute sweeping generalisation ex-c's are always much happier than christians! And the self fulfilled tribulations encountered by christians?! :Doh: Roll on the day this evil garbage is banished from this planet! :pureevil:

Guest Justyna

Realist--

Believe it or not, there will come a day in your life where you will be accountable for your life. If you die without believing that Jesus is the only way, then you will go to hell (again please dont misunderstand me as being one of THOSE Christians that are using fear. I am simply stating a fact). You will think of the times where Christians (like myself) tried to help you to see the Truth and open your heart to Him. You will remember all the times you rejected Him and how many chances you had to get it right. It will be too late for that. I dont wish that on anyone. I really do not. I hope your heart changes. If not today, then oneday before it is too late.

Guest Valk0010

Realist--

Believe it or not, there will come a day in your life where you will be accountable for your life. If you die without believing that Jesus is the only way, then you will go to hell (again please dont misunderstand me as being one of THOSE Christians that are using fear. I am simply stating a fact). You will think of the times where Christians (like myself) tried to help you to see the Truth and open your heart to Him. You will remember all the times you rejected Him and how many chances you had to get it right. It will be too late for that. I dont wish that on anyone. I really do not. I hope your heart changes. If not today, then oneday before it is too late.

evidence please

Prove that a hell exists for example.

You say you really searched for the truth, how about prove hell.

... I personally do not believe you ever deconverted in the first place! Maybe in the words of a "true" christian you became a backslider ... but deconverted? No!

My thoughts exactly. Back slidden Christian nothing more. At least it seems that Justyna realises this.

I'd love to believe in God again, but like others here, it's just not possible. As you said, it's like going back to believe in Santa.

Justnya, I see leaving Christianity as like breaking an addiction. Just like someone who's given up smoking or booze, it can be easy to regress back to it. And no doubts going back to smoking or drinking can bring temporary relief and make you feel good again. It's familiar and it's comfortable. But it will only satisfy for so long. It's really only a placebo for your emptiness problems.

Guest Justyna

Well I used to think that hell did not exist either. I came across this site. I am not saying that this is absolute proof, but it did make me think. This Christian woman name Mary K Baxter experienced hell for herself when Jesus took her there. She explains that He kept her safe in hell, but was able to give her a glimpse of what was going to happen to those who do not follow Him. She said He did this to show others the TRuth. There are like 8+ different audio tapes of what she experienced. It was horrific! I listened to them all oneday! She explained how she saw the tourture and how Chrisitans who used to be Christians had it the worst...eek! I know some may argue this women's credibility but she is like a middle aged woman who is married has children and did NOT become famous from this. She made some money cause she wrote a book but not a lot. She has NO reason to lie. At least check it out. CHeck out the first few audio tapes of what she saw and experienced in HELL! This is not scientific proof, but again she is not a televangaist so she has not reason to lie.

http://www.doeshellexist.com/mary-k-baxter.html

Realist--

But cant the same be said about True Christians that convert to being a Christian the first time? That it would be impossilbe for them to deconver in the first place if they saw the TRUTH about God? I am just making a point since you said it is impossible for someone that has come to know that God is not real to believe in Him again. WHat do you think?

I know this is address to Realist, but I agree completely with him and would have to point out that the bible disagrees with your comments here. Paul himself even warned of the possibility of falling away (i suspect he realised deep down Jesus wasn't all he was cracked up to be.) There are scriptures all through the bible that show it is possible to become an ex-christian. The parable of the Prodical son is one such set of scriptures.

Guest Valk0010

Well I used to think that hell did not exist either. I came across this site. I am not saying that this is absolute proof, but it did make me think. This Christian woman name Mary K Baxter experienced hell for herself when Jesus took her there. She explains that He kept her safe in hell, but was able to give her a glimpse of what was going to happen to those who do not follow Him. She said He did this to show others the TRuth. There are like 8+ different audio tapes of what she experienced. It was horrific! I listened to them all oneday! She explained how she saw the tourture and how Chrisitans who used to be Christians had it the worst...eek! I know some may argue this women's credibility but she is like a middle aged woman who is married has children and did NOT become famous from this. She made some money cause she wrote a book but not a lot. She has NO reason to lie. At least check it out. CHeck out the first few audio tapes of what she saw and experienced in HELL! This is not scientific proof, but again she is not a televangaist so she has not reason to lie.

http://www.doeshellexist.com/mary-k-baxter.html

So..she had a religious experience. Muslim people see allah. In fact people of various different religions see there religions figures during death.

If you grant one, you have to grant them all.

If every single on, saw jesus or yahweh or something, then I would be surprised.

Personal experience is not great evidence.

EDIT:Hell is a invention, by a species(which ultimately became us) to explain where bad people go when they die, and to give a feeling of justice to a ignorant species.

If you recognize the validity of one group of peoples religious experience, your going to have to recognize them all.

Unless you have proof, to prove one groups experiences validity over the others.

I read through the link you provided (briefly) and it was an interesting read. But what if you are wrong? What if there is a hell? That is NOT the reason I am a Christian again, but do you ever think you are wrong and you are being decieved? I have nothing to lose by being a Christian, only everything to gain. If I am wrong, oh well, I will die and nothing will happen. BUT what if you are wrong and you die and go to hell like the Bible says? It will be too late. This is not to scare you or anything (I dont believe in that) I am just asking a question.

I'm surprised that in the time you've been here you haven't leant that Pascal's Wager is severly flawed. Mate, what if Allah is the one true God? If so you're in huge trouble! So no, you have a lot to lose if you've picked the wrong God. And not only that you can spend the rest of your life wasting it on pointless religion and then end up in the ground, having wasted your life. I lament over all the years I wasted on serving a non-existant God. It's painful. Now I know that I need to live life to its fullest.

You will think of the times where Christians (like myself) tried to help you to see the Truth and open your heart to Him. You will remember all the times you rejected Him and how many chances you had to get it right.

If there really is a God then he will understand the people he created and will understand why many of them (like Realist) were unable to believe. He would understand why we could not possibly take the bible serious and why we can't possibly take religious nutters seriously. If he were to throw us into hell for that, then clearly he is ignorant, petty, cruel, unforgiving, unloving, unjust and uncaring.

Guest Justyna

I believe the Prodigal Son backslid, he did not deconvert. I could be wrong though. That brings me to a good question. How do you know that you deconverted and did not just backslide? The only time you cannot come back to God is if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit. That is the only sin that is unforgiveable. So while you are alive and did not blasphemy the Holy Spirit, you can always come back to Him ;)

I know Allah is not the real God because I looked into that. God led me back to Christ not Allah. Because of this experience I now know that Jesus is 100% the way. I am not afraid that I am wasting my time. God said that it would be Abrahams seed that would be blessed.

I believe the Prodigal Son backslid, he did not deconvert. I could be wrong though. That brings me to a good question. How do you know that you deconverted and did not just backslide? The only time you cannot come back to God is if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit. That is the only sin that is unforgiveable. So while you are alive and did not blasphemy the Holy Spirit, you can always come back to Him ;)

I know Allah is not the real God because I looked into that. God led me back to Christ not Allah. Because of this experience I now know that Jesus is 100% the way. I am not afraid that I am wasting my time. God said that it would be Abrahams seed that would be blessed.

... unfortunately this is a troll! Always pick them ... she lies like hell at the beginning that she is only here to say goodbye ... then the bible bashing starts!

I believe the Prodigal Son backslid, he did not deconvert. I could be wrong though.

It could be, but the son also gave up everything, including the relationship with his father. Could be likened to giving up the holy spirit.

That brings me to a good question. How do you know that you deconverted and did not just backslide?

I'd love to believe in God. I'd love to believe that he has everything under his control, that he has big plans for me, that he's there to lay all my problems on and that I'll go to Heaven when I die. Who wouldn't want to believe all that? I'd also love to believe that there are wardrobes that lead to magical worlds and that somewhere in the UK there's an amazing chocolate factory, where all sorts of amazing candies are manufactured and it's being run by Oompa Loompas. Oh yeah, I'd love to believe it all, but I'm just absolutely unable to believe any of it. That's how I know I'm not just backslided. I am just completely unable to believe anymore, just as I can no longer believe in Santa or the tooth fairy.

The only time you cannot come back to God is if you blasphemy the Holy Spirit. That is the only sin that is unforgiveable. So while you are alive and did not blasphemy the Holy Spirit, you can always come back to Him ;)

And can you actually define what blaspheming the holy spirit actually is?

And the Muslims KNOW that Jesus is not the real God and that the bible is not the word of God. How are you different to them?

But you see how Pascal's Wager is flawed? You can't think like that and you can't expect us to think like that. From our point of view there is potentially a lot to lose if we were to return to Christianity. But it's still irrelevent if you just can't possibly believe. You can't chose to believe in something you don't believe in.

Guest Justyna

OnceConvinced..you said:

"If there really is a God then he will understand the people he created and will understand why many of them (like Realist) were unable to believe. He would understand why we could not possibly take the bible serious and why we can't possibly take religious nutters seriously. If he were to throw us into hell for that, then clearly he is ignorant, petty, cruel, unforgiving, unloving, unjust and uncaring."

He is giving you a chance now, and yesterday and a week ago and last month and last year...you had chances to come to Him. I am not the only Chrisitan that has crossed your path. I am sure there are plenty in your life. You have the choice to draw near to Him. If you have doubts, He understands..just pray that He will help your unbelieving heart. Pray that He would turn you around. He will. He did it for me and He is not a respector of persons. What He did for me He will do for others. He is not unloving, or cruel or unjust or uncaring. He is givng you a shot now :)

Guest Justyna

When I read the Koran, I did not see a God that was loving, that wanted a deep personal relationship with you. I did not see a God that came down to suffer on the cross even though He was completely innocent to take away my sins so that I can be with Him forever even though I deserve to go to hell. Now that is REAL love and that is TRUTH. Allah never died and suffered and is not love. I never saw much in the Koran about love. Thats how I know that Jesus is real and Allah is not. Allah is a god, but not the real God. The real God is Jesus, the Lamb of God that proved His love on a cross :)

Realist--

You want to believe illogical nonsense without evidence, fine, but don't come here making unsupported proclamations about what will happen to us in the future. You don't know, your pastor doesn't know and no one knows that god is real and that he will some day sit in judgment of us all. You just think that. Some people think Allah will do the same based on the same type of evidence you possess. And some of us are just responsible and refuse to believe baseless claims.

Personally I hope your mind changes. It must suck to think you are a worthless worm that needs to be covered in Jesus blood to be considered worthy of love and forgiveness. And it must suck to live your life walking on egg shells because some invisible man in the sky might get pissed off at your thoughts or deeds.

I was NOT raised in a Christian environment, I grew up in the US, and my childhood was pretty normal if you ask me. I became a Christian when I was 12...just like that, for no real reason. But I remember hearing God's voice and feeling His pressence when I was just 3 years old...and no once again my parents are not Christians. I am the only Christian in my entire family. In fact my dad is a very very strong atheist and believes I was brainwashed etc. How do you explain that?

... what a load of garbage by the way! I think you need reminding of the truth in YOUR own words! Some very interesting posts in your earlier postings by the way!! Do I see you YOURSELF saying you were brainwashed?? And Billy Graham? FEAR!! Say no fuckin' more!

Hello,

My name is Justyna and I am 27 years old. I am single, never married, no kids. I was saved (a.k.a) brainwashed when I was just 12 years old. My mother was a Catholic at the time and my father has always been a strong atheist. I started watching programs on T.V. and saw a Billy Graham Special when I was just a little girl and was hooked on it since.

When I read the Koran, I did not see a God that was loving, that wanted a deep personal relationship with you. I did not see a God that came down to suffer on the cross even though He was completely innocent to take away my sins so that I can be with Him forever even though I deserve to go to hell. Now that is REAL love and that is TRUTH. Allah never died and suffered and is not love. I never saw much in the Koran about love. Thats how I know that Jesus is real and Allah is not. Allah is a god, but not the real God. The real God is Jesus, the Lamb of God that proved His love on a cross :)

.. and WHERE is the loving god in the bible?????????????????

OnceConvinced..you said:

"If there really is a God then he will understand the people he created and will understand why many of them (like Realist) were unable to believe. He would understand why we could not possibly take the bible serious and why we can't possibly take religious nutters seriously. If he were to throw us into hell for that, then clearly he is ignorant, petty, cruel, unforgiving, unloving, unjust and uncaring."

He is giving you a chance now, and yesterday and a week ago and last month and last year...you had chances to come to Him.

I lived over 30 years of my life diligently serving and seeking God and came to the inevitable conclusion that the bible is not God's word and that Jesus is not God. Inescapable conclusions, which God if he is real would completely understand. Why would I take any religious nutter seriously who came to me insisting that God is calling me and giving me chances? :lol: I KNOW that the bible is not God's word and I KNOW the Jesus is not God. And any rational inteligent being would fully understand how I came to those conclusions.

I am not the only Chrisitan that has crossed your path. I am sure there are plenty in your life.

Ahhh, I was one of those Christians? For almost my entire life so far! Once you've been a Christian over 30 years come back and we'll talk some more.

Ah.You have the choice to draw near to Him. If you have doubts, He understands..just pray that He will help your unbelieving heart.

Already did. Prayed for a number of years. Begged him to allay my doubts. Begged him for more faith. Spend a lot of time in tears and lamentations, begging him. Did no good. The Christian God proved to me he didn't exist.

Pray that He would turn you around. He will.

Nope. Didn't work for me. I found that without a doubt prayer is futile and have no intentions of wasting any more time on it, especially not with a religion that proved itself to me to be false. I have no desire to spend another 30 plus years on a delusion and God, if he exists will fully understand that, even if you are incapable of understanding it.

He is not unloving, or cruel or unjust or uncaring.

If he is the God of the bible then he is clearly all those things. That's why I am unable to believe in him, because a God if he exists would not be those things.

He is givng you a shot now :)

Nope, that's you making a baseless claim. It's wishful thinking on your part.

Guest Justyna

Realist--

That was what I said when I joined this site and was running away from God. I said that when I joined this site I wanted to deconvert and was running in that direction. I did say those things...thats what I thought at the time, but God has changed my mind and brought me back to Him since. Thank God for that and that He brought me back :)

When I read the Koran, I did not see a God that was loving, that wanted a deep personal relationship with you.

Liewise, I do not see the God of the bible as loving and wanting a personal relationship with anyone. It's quite clear he intends on sending the majority of us to hell.

I did not see a God that came down to suffer on the cross even though He was completely innocent to take away my sins so that I can be with Him forever even though I deserve to go to hell. Now that is REAL love and that is TRUTH.

Ah no it's not, because God supposedly created this terrible situation to begin with. He allowed sin to enter his creation and did nothing about it. Nothing loving about any of this at all. Neglectful, uncaring, apathetic, even malevolent? yes. It's a barbaric and cruel way to deal with the problem of sin.

This is it in a nutshell: Create a problem (hell) then offer a solution (salvation) for a price (obedience and worship). The prophet’s profit is 100% because the product costs nothing and “salvation” is conveniently promised for after the subject has died.

That's love?

AAllah never died and suffered and is not love.

Why should anything have to die and suffer? What sort of cruel barbaric God would require the blood of an innocent to be able to forgive sin? Not a loving and merciful one.

I never saw much in the Koran about love. Thats how I know that Jesus is real and Allah is not. Allah is a god, but not the real God. The real God is Jesus, the Lamb of God that proved His love on a cross :)

Non Sequitur

How is the fact that Allah is not love, make Jesus the real God? Don't forget there's thousands of other Gods you also have to disprove before you can claim that Jesus is the one true God.

Realist--

That was what I said when I joined this site and was running away from God. I said that when I joined this site I wanted to deconvert and was running in that direction. I did say those things...thats what I thought at the time, but God has changed my mind and brought me back to Him since. Thank God for that and that He brought me back :)

... no, but you straight out LIED in your earlier statement today on that! Tell me ... why do you as a christian think you have a right to do that? Is it because christianity is a lie? Do the two go hand in hand? I have found lying to be a REAL problem with born agains by the way! I see it in my own immediate family regularly! Maybe I should start a separate posting on this matter?