Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

You are pursuing a PhD in psychology and you are not sure mental illnesses exist? Did I read that right? :eek:

P

You read it right. I realized and saw this early on. It's finally in print.

She talked, some days ago, about hearing God's voice, not figuratively or metaphorically, but literally. She either have to go and get help or drop out. She can't get a license as a practitioning psychologist or psychiatrist and hear some magical voice from a supernatural being in her head.

Guest Justyna

I actually want to be a Christian Psychologist. I go to a secular school, but I want to be a Christian Psychologist.

I actually want to be a Christian Psychologist. I go to a secular school, but I want to be a Christian Psychologist.

I think you might find some resistance if you tell them you hear The Voice of God.

Guest Valk0010

Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

If God is sending them, why can't any of them agree on even the most basic doctrines? Every one of the Christians I've seen come on here and preach has told a completely different story, each Christian contradicting each other. As Paul put it, is Christ divided? His followers sure are.

Insanity, christians in here may disagree on doctrine, attributed to different church backgrounds. Im pretty sure we all agree that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah.

Put it too you like this

One group says the world is:Black White Up Down Center left Green

Another group says:Black Blue Right Backwards Sit Grey

They make have the black right, but if those groups were religious you would figure it would be one set.

... ok ... something VERY strange going on here!! This person does not want to give away who she (he) is but puts a photo supposedly of herself in her profile?? Like most of what she is saying just does NOT add up!

Yes. I'm wondering similar things. I'd like to believe that Justyna is really a beautiful young woman who really is genuine and really does want to see us saved, but it's looking suspiciously like she is not who she claims to be.

Guest Justyna

Once Convined,

Do you want to be my friend on one of the social networks? Would that make it better? IF that would make you believe in Jesus I would send you an invite in a heartbeat. But it probably will not, cause it is not about me. Its about Jesus. Keep your eyes on Him.

Insanity, christians in here may disagree on doctrine, attributed to different church backgrounds. Im pretty sure we all agree that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah.

Well then that puts you in good company with such cult leaders as David Koresh.

I dont think it is about logic. Jesus was God and then became man..that is not logical. Jesus did many miracles, that is not logical. Jesus died and took our sins, again no logic. Jesus rose from the dead....no logic.Its about belief and faith. Logic will never really explain Jesus...He defies logic. He is way past that. We only have human logic...that is not enough. What we think up with our theories and concepts is nothing.Those who do not believe in Jesus, their eyes have not been opened. They do not see, and they do not hear His voice.

Yet you Christians only look at anything one way. I say its human nature, and you think its Satan. You don't even second guess yourself like most Ex-Christians do. We all second guess ourselves because we want to look at it with more than one dimension.

Oh but it is about what Jesus said. He said He is the way, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him.The Santa comparison is useless.

No its not. If me and 3 billion others believed that Gandalf existed and that he is god, we would be ridiculed, but they would have to make it a religion because of sheer size.

To me it is sad that those who are on here, do not believe. Of course I understand since I am on an ex-Christian forum...but it is sad that at one point you all believed...but dont anymore. I feel sad that most here have given up on God and accepted the worldly views instead. Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this forum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

We did not give up on god, we did not try and rebel and live differently like you did, we stopped believing. We except "World Views" because they provide more facts than your God cared to do.

Believing in Jesus does work for me. I guess I just dont understand why it doesnt for people on here. I dont always get what I want, but being a Christian has been the best part of my life. Traveling and seeing the world, going to University, talking with a few semi-famous people....those were all great things that I experienced. But nothing compares to Jesus and what He has done for me. Nothing compares to Him and His glory. I enjoy life and I make the most of it, but it is nothing compared to the life that is to come.No one has been a better friend to me than Jesus. Thats the truth. Maybe not everyone is suppose to be close to Him. I mean if you look in the Bible Jesus had His disciples, then He had those who were closer to Him and then He had the masses that sort of just talked about Him and knew of Him.

If it works then go ahead, just don't intrude on our lives. You did this by provoking us. Posting in the lion's den because you knew it would piss us off.

All of us Ex-Christians have led much happier lives than you think. Comparing our present lives now to before is like comparing slavery to living in luxury. We understand things better because we know its not all black and white. We see in color while you see in monochrome.

look in the Bible

I'm sure everyone has said this before, but THE BIBLE IS FICTION. You wouldn't believe in Scooby-Doo, why believe in Jesus?

Look at it from our view, don't just glimpse, take hours. Wipe everything you ever knew about Jesus, Satan, etc. And walk in our shoes.

Excuse the language. Please stop bitching about it. Just leave us alone and we will return the favor. I know not one Ex-Christian that tries to heckle and fight to leave your beliefs, I have met many a Christian that does.

Be the better person, just leave. We are all happy in Satan's loving embrace.

ETA: You guys are sort of an angry bunch that do not like me...so I would not risk it. I dont know what you guys are capable of doing if you knew where I was..lol

Oh yeah, we're a real angry bunch and we hate all Christians. That's atheists and agnostics for you! ;)

But hey, I understand what you're saying. You can't trust strangers on the Internet. I don't really think it's important where you studied myself, but way too many of your claims just don't add up.

Once Convined,

Do you want to be my friend on one of the social networks? Would that make it better? IF that would make you believe in Jesus I would send you an invite in a heartbeat. But it probably will not, cause it is not about me. Its about Jesus. Keep your eyes on Him.

I prefer to keep my eyes on ”Bob” and you should too, because he is the one true God.

220px-Dobbsicon.svg.png

Its about Jesus. Keep your eyes on Him.

I'm good, I find looking at absolutely nothing boring.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

If God is sending them, why can't any of them agree on even the most basic doctrines? Every one of the Christians I've seen come on here and preach has told a completely different story, each Christian contradicting each other. As Paul put it, is Christ divided? His followers sure are.

My point is, the Holy Spirit doesn't seem to be doing it's job very well.

Once Convinced,

Which of my claims dont make sense? The ones about my life or the ones about Jesus?

Life are the ones I'm talking about this time around.

Guest Justyna

OnceConvinced,

Like what things about my life dont make sense? Of course things about Jesus will not make sense to people here because we are on an ex-Christian forum.

I love the dichotomy of it all. Some say that I seem to act like a child and that I know nothing. Others here are saying that I am a "know-it-all."

:lmao:

You know....what, exactly? :lmao:

Gheez Scott, it ain't that hard....Love never fails.....give me an example of how love or grace fail in the context of the good news, die to self, Jesus message.

Sometimes 'love' means having to drown the earth.

We still kill people today via the death penalty. We also participate in wars...which is an act of trying to protect or love our "good" brothers.

Brilliant deduction there Watson. God killed everybody and everything to protect everybody and everything.

Some say that I seem to act like a child and that I know nothing. Others here are saying that I am a "know-it-all."

You realize the two aren't mutually exclusive traits?

Sooooooo many Christians have the same ideas, experiences and stories. So we are ALL deluded and brain-washed? Of course not!

This is why I call bullshit on your psych degree. Do you even know what a paradigm is?

Justyna,

I (and others here) have been where you are now and I have felt the same way you do now. I have believed as strongly as you believe now and I was as convinced as you are now. NOTHING could shake my faith. "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but nothing in this world can take me from him!" As I know where you are right now, I know that you can not understand or even try to accept our views.

To those that say that everything is in my mind etc. How can this be? Sooooooo many Christians have the same ideas, experiences and stories. So we are ALL deluded and brain-washed? Of course not!

Please consider that people who become infected with the same virus tend to exhibit the same symptoms.

If your school is a reputable one, Justyna, expect to see your Ph.D. dissertation ripped to shreds. You haven't shown us much evidence that you're competent in recognizing logical fallacies, so you're going to have a very rough time indeed when you have to stand up and defend your thesis in front of a critical board of examiners. Unless your writing, reasoning and research skills improve dramatically over the next few years, I predict that you will see your Ph.D. application rejected, wasting all that study time and thousands of dollars.

If you really, truly want to work in religious counselling rather than as a registered psychologist, save yourself a lot of heartache and go into theology instead.

Evidence?

I dont need evidence. I believe. Its simple.

Why do you NEED evidence? I just dont get this. Jesus said blessed are those that believe but do not see.

Brains? I don't need brains.

I dont believe in Santa Clause. Santa never said he was the Savior of the world...Jesus said He is. That is the difference. Jesus is the Son of God and He says so.

David Koresh said he was. Why don't you believe him?

Guest Justyna

There is a tree of Life and the tree of knowledge. The Bible refers to this. A lot of people here are eating from the tree of knowledge, which utimately sounds good, but it gets you no where near LIFE. We can know everything but still not know Life. Look at Solomon in the Bible. He had everything. He had money, lots of things, many women and a lot of knowledge and wisedom. He said that all this is fruitless....a chasing after the wind. It leads no where. Many of you are on a path that will dead end and lead to no where. Solomon said that the only thing that matters in this life is living for God each and every day..thats it. Thats the BIG secret in life.