Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

I have used my Psychology degree...a lot actually.

---snip---

I guess I just dont understand people's experiences with the church.

What university did you get your degree? I want to know so that I know what school not to attend.

She won't tell us because she claims she doesn't want to reveal what state she lives in, and she indicates that if we knew what state she lives in, we might track her down and do something nasty. Sounds paranoid as well as delusional and definitely offensive.

Education is one thing. Wisedom is another thing.

...and then there's wisdom...

Good catch! But that's obviously just a typo on her part. What she meant to type is "We's dumb," referring to herself and her fellow delusiacs.

Well for one thing, it entertains us. For another there may be lurkers who may take people like Justyna seriously, so we're doing them a favour by exposing the flaws in her arguments. And I believe we plant the seeds of truth by responding to people like her. Those seeds have the ability to sprout up and bear fruit. Sometimes just one little thing may niggle at their mind and continue to pester them until one day they can deny the truth no longer. I can speak as one such person. I was a fundamentalist Christian myself and used to debate against unbelievers online. I came across arguments i'd never faced before and being a logical person I couldn't just flag them away. They made me realise that many of my Christian beliefs were seriously flawed. Shortly after that I joined up as a member here and learnt so much more. I can now say that I'm enlightened and no longer living in a Christian delusion. Praise "Bob" for sites like this one.

SO SAITH THE GOSPEL OF EX-C. CARRY ON, APOSTATES!

LOVE,

BOB :cloud9_99:

Once Convined,

Do you want to be my friend on one of the social networks? Would that make it better? IF that would make you believe in Jesus I would send you an invite in a heartbeat. But it probably will not, cause it is not about me. Its about Jesus. Keep your eyes on Him.

A few years back I was under so much stress in my life that I was feeling suicidal; I contacted the woman who 'led' me to be a Xtian and asked if I could come and spend time in the guest house at her home, just to get away from everything and clear my head, and she, aware that I had stopped going to church, told me she would allow me to stay ONLY if I 'spent time in The Word, went to church,' all that crap. So much 'love' - you're my friend ONLY if you're a good little Christbot. How can one be friends with Christians when they can't even offer simple human love and acceptance? You can't friend someone just to have them as a friend? We make you sad, eh? Well we're even on that score, in spades. Thank Frith I woke up.

Sooo true. After I deconverted, I tried to remain friends with christians I knew, but they rejected me. I was careful not to mention what I believe while I listened to their Jesustalk. But Jesus told them to send me packing. "Believe or leave" is the christian's motto.

And it's Thank BOB you woke up. Who the hell is Frith?

And it's Thank BOB you woke up. Who the hell is Frith?

In the novel Watership Down, the anthropomorphized rabbits regard the sun as deity and call it 'Lord Frith.'

I'm sorry guys, but I can't stop thinking she's a fake, a poser. She's not real, but someone trying the hardest to be a "real" Christian.

You think the lady doth protest too much?

These things just do not add up:

1. studying for a degree in psychology, or having a degree already, and an MBA. It's confusing if she got a degree or just started on one.

2. not being able to draw basic logical conclusions, considering she had to write a research paper for her MBA (meaning, you have to have more than just the basics in reasoning)

3. claiming she hear God's voice audible, and that other people do too

4. and not being able to see the implication of such a thing, considering her studies in psychology.

Sounds like a setup, more than a real person.

Does anyone remember a guy we had here many years ago? He claimed he was Christian and he made all the right arguments, but we realized that he was a fake because it was too good to be true? He came from one of those famous fake websites. One that mocks Christianity but it's so well done so it sounds real. These guys do this for years and build a whole character, with pictures and background story. Usually they are really vague about details, but they gladly share a picture (which tends to be fake).

...Psychology degree... a Bachelors...

and

...dont ... didnt ... dont ... commited...

... hypocrocy ... occured ... didnt ... didnt ... dont ... (and more)

I know people without a degree who does a better job remembering that apostrophe.

So explain to me the MBA. When did you get that one? You have a bachelor in psychology and an MBA. Did you double major? And then you did some years of internship before you took up the masters? And since you're talking about going for PhD, I assume you finished your masters too. Right?

I know people without a degree who does do a better job remembering that apostrophe.

:D

Just teasing you Hans. I know English isn't your first language.

And since you're talking about going for PhD, I assume you finished your masters too. Right?

You don't have to have a Master's to get into a PhD program. Many (most?) bypass the Master's and the program and require only a BA or BS and acceptance into the program.

I heard a joke that a comedian said once. I dont even remember his name, but he said this: When people are on an airplane and it goes down..it does not matter who the people are..they automatically start praying to Jesus to save them. They do not pray to Allah and Buddha and all these other gods, they start praying to Jesus for help....lol

Aint that the truth!

Where's the joke. :shrug: Me aint laffin'.

You may say you do not believe right now cause things are going well in your life..but I am willing to bet that when some of you are much older and therfore closer to death, you will reach out to Him.

We have people here who just recently almost died from illness (I'm not saying who, but people here knows). He didn't change his view (he's is old grumpy old self, and we love him for it).

And I almost died last year when I fell of a bike (stupid shoe). My wife almost died the year before in a surgery.

I hasn't changed my view, or my wife's, or my kids' view.

And remember He will forgive you and accept you..thats how awesome He is. Hopefully this will happen sooner than later, but who knows. Also I hope it is not too late because tomorrow is not promised. Any one of us can be in some freak accident and die suddenly (God forbid).

My son almost died in 96-97 (had 30 surgeries), and almost died again 2008 (10 surgeries).

Basically, my family has seen death staring in our eyes several times.

And still, it made us more certain that your fabulous imaginary friend, which lives in your brain, isn't real.

I'm sorry guys, but I can't stop thinking she's a fake, a poser. She's not real, but someone trying the hardest to be a "real" Christian.

You think the lady doth protest too much?

These things just do not add up:

1. studying for a degree in psychology, or having a degree already, and an MBA. It's confusing if she got a degree or just started on one.

2. not being able to draw basic logical conclusions, considering she had to write a research paper for her MBA (meaning, you have to have more than just the basics in reasoning)

3. claiming she hear God's voice audible, and that other people do too

4. and not being able to see the implication of such a thing, considering her studies in psychology.

Sounds like a setup, more than a real person.

Does anyone remember a guy we had here many years ago? He claimed he was Christian and he made all the right arguments, but we realized that he was a fake because it was too good to be true? He came from one of those famous fake websites. One that mocks Christianity but it's so well done so it sounds real. These guys do this for years and build a whole character, with pictures and background story. Usually they are really vague about details, but they gladly share a picture (which tends to be fake).

... I am in total agreement with you! This person IS NOT who they claim to be! The final straw was when they stated they did not want to be identified in stating where they obtained their degree yet very quickly have posted a supposed photo of themselves in their profile! DOH!!!! Fuck off liar!!

I dont believe in Santa Clause.

CLAUS. Sorry to nitpick about this, but a really educated person would NEVER make this mistake.

Well, it is a terrible Tim Allen movie. Maybe she's trying to deny its existence.

So, Justyna. You don't believe a tiny man with a magical sack of presents, who delivers to all the world's children in one night in a flying sleigh pulled by eight reindeer... but you believe in a man who is said to be born of a virgin, could walk on water, turn water into wine, raise the dead, die for our sins, and return from the dead only to rise up into the clouds to a place that isn't even there. And the real kicker is that the reason you don't believe in Santa is because he hasn't spoken to you.

Funny, but the reason I and everyone else here don't believe in Santa is because reindeer and sleighs don't f#@!ing fly! There's no such thing as a magic bag of toys. It's not possible to visit every kid in a single night, even if we do factor in time zones. Kids figure this out with LOGIC. Kids are right to do this.

If some kid said, "Santa talks to me, so he's real", that kid needs help.

Think about what you're saying. The reason you believe in this ridiculous character in the gospels is because you think he's spoken to you.

There's a nice man in white pants with a butterfly net over there. I want you to walk toward him.

I think Justyna is a feeling person. You know? I mean, she probably came here and saw that we were a cold and cerebral bunch and that has a certain “feel”. But when she goes to church or hangs with her Christian friends she can experience warm, fuzzy feelings. That’s my impression anyway.

Cold and cerebral? I OBJECT! LOL! Actually, I'm sure that's her perception. There is no surprise here if she believes that.

But in reality, I think there is a big difference between people who can maintain dialogs about substantive subjects and express warmth and empathy to others and vacuous delusional religious fanatics who are obsessive, paranoid and suspect in their claims about themselves.

I think the ex-christians on this site show remarkable humanity and resilience in the face of pain and suffering. I think Justyna has issues that need psychological attention and that she needs to get more sleep and take her meds.

If I am wrong and she is not in need of psychological attention, then she is in great need of personal growth. She shows little ability to engage with human beings as human beings and sees ex-christians in terms of distorted stereotypes. Given the fact that she is like several other Christians that frequent this site in that regard, and given my own struggles with such polarization of my perceptions while I was a believer, I think there is something about religion that does this to people.

• Super Moderator

I just checked back to see if she posted any new pictures.

Psych degrees are made by man...concepts that are from theories taken from men.

That's why every institute, clinic, and hospital look forward to hire you... *not*.

God is real. Living. Breathing. The Great I AM. Ever-present. All-Knowing.

Its different. Trust me.

"It's" not "Its."

I choose to believe God than the text book.

Why choose to believe a lie and fantasy?

You didn't choose.

You heard a voice, which makes you believe it's true. You didn't choose to hear the voice. It just happened. And belief comes as a result.

Even delusional people believe in their delusion.

Justyna seems like more than your average Christian, She's Batshit crazy. Talking voices, ignoring scientific facts like its witchcraft, and only listening to herself.

And she thinks she got a career within psychiatry. :wacko:

I know psychiatrists are rumored to be a bit weird, but full-out mental... That's new.

Guest Justyna

Crazy Donna,

I never said God didnt love you. He does..but our experiences in this world and with our parents can be difficult and in turn that can affect how we see God the Father. Its not like He doesnt love you because you had a bad relationship with your father...its just that you have a hard time seeing Him as you Father as a result. Thats different. But you are right, God is strong enough to break through that..He can.

Oh and what is the big deal with typos? Almost every single person has at one point had typos in their posts here. It happens all the time, especially if you are typing fast. You can read what I write..so its not a big deal. Oh yeah, forget about Jesus' message, to try and correct a typo. Thats silly.

I did pray about me being here in this forum to God. What I felt God saying in my spirit is that I DO NOT have to show proof, or eveidence or argue my side. I felt like He just wants me to share my personal stories with you all, and thats about it. So I guess its not really a theological debate....cause I dont really care about those. Im not here to proof to anyone that God exists by debating them and things like that. Its more about Jesus and what He has done in my life.

How intriguing, I haven't been following this but from what I gleaned from this thread, she left Xtianity for emotional reasons, then came back to it for emotional reasons? While I do believe we need emotion, and that it is one of the most important attributes we have, I cannot understand how someone could go back to a religion like Xtianity. However I have a few good guesses.

If she is still here I have a couple of questions. What "research" did you do? Did you look at the evidence for both sides? And in regards to your first post of the thread, people don't leave your faith because they want to watch "bad" movies, they leave because they see something horribly wrong about their belief system, and there just happens to be quite a large number of things wrong with Xtianity.

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

I sought Gods face day and night. I sought after His voice. It didnt happen by default. It was on purpose..and He came through for me.

You cant categorize my experiences so you all say I am "mental." Thats your line of defense. Its a rather lame one too. If you dont know about it, just call it a mental illness.....it doesnt work like that.

I know people without a degree who does do a better job remembering that apostrophe.

:D

Just teasing you Hans. I know English isn't your first language.

Yeah. I know. :( That's one thing I'm still working on. Third person singluar's -S. It's stupid, but what can you do. It just doesn't come natural to me. Same thing with prepositions at times.

And btw, I do appreciate if you point it out to me. I need to train myself.

And since you're talking about going for PhD, I assume you finished your masters too. Right?

You don't have to have a Master's to get into a PhD program. Many (most?) bypass the Master's and the program and require only a BA or BS and acceptance into the program.

Thanks. Still, she should know more about these things than I do. Yet I feel like I'm talking to some uneducated middle-schooler. :shrug:

I did pray about me being here in this forum to God. What I felt God saying in my spirit is that I DO NOT have to show proof, or eveidence or argue my side. I felt like He just wants me to share my personal stories with you all, and thats about it. So I guess its not really a theological debate....cause I dont really care about those. Im not here to proof to anyone that God exists by debating them and things like that. Its more about Jesus and what He has done in my life.

However noble you think that is, nobody here appreciates hearing about your God stories in an attempt to convert us. If you aren't going to present evidence what are you doing here? That is extremely insulting that you have the assumption that we are mindless sheep ready to eat that emotional tripe about Jesus loving us.

All the info I got about Christianity (30 years + Bible school + reading the Bible many time through in several languages + much more + experience from real life) led me to one and only one conclusion: Jesus is not real. Then why do you insist on me to conclude the opposite?

That's the point...I would gather that you gave it credibility at one time, but then you concluded. A conclusion would be very different, IMO, than, faith.

I have enough information to be very certain of my view. All the information I gathered for 30 years doesn't even match a fraction of all the information against it in the last few years.

And you have made a conclusion/decision.

Sorry. It's just the way it is. The evidence in my life points away from God and Jesus. I am following the information to one and only one conclusion, and I can't go against it unless I deny the clear evidence.

Don't think I don't give you credit Hans...and I certainly appreciate your efforts in the last couple of days towards me. And truthfully, your personal experience and mine with respect to "hearing" God appear to be very different. Evidence, like the story of Abraham and Sarah give me pause to consider that God may not "use" someone until later in their lives. That's just me.

Thanks for the conversation.

I heard a voice speak my name - my brother heard it too, and we were the only people within sight or hearing distance. I was around nine or ten. We probably didn't actually hear a voice, we probably heard something that sounded like a voice, like a branch laden with ice cracking (it was winter). People who hear literal voices speaking ARE delusional, it's not a matter of defense or categorization.

Its more about Jesus and what He has done in my life.

How can that possibly have any meaning for anyone BUT you?

Guest Justyna

Xerces,

Okay, that is fair enough. I can understand and respect this. I am just stating for the record that debates of whether God exists or whether there is proof of His existence, dont interest me. I KNOW He does. It gave me great comfort when God told me that I dont have to go in the direction that people on this thread want me to go in. I am not here to debate...just share. If that is not accepted, that is fine. I can respect that.

I am just stating for the record that debates of whether God exists or whether there is proof of His existence, dont interest me. I KNOW He does.

You BELIEVE he does. And that's fine. For you.