Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Oh and what is the big deal with typos? Almost every single person has at one point had typos in their posts here.

Oh, absolutely. I see them all the time, and I do them too.

But...!

There is a but coming here. You manage to make many errors in each post, and you repeat the same errors. Either you are sloppy, or you don't know. To me, after writing hundreds, or probably thousands, of pages in school, putting in the apostrophe in "isn't" and "don't" and "it's" is natural and automatic. I keep an extra eye on "its" and "it's" each time I write it, because I know how easy it is to do it wrong. To me, it shows that either you're not educated or you're just extremely sloppy and have very bad writing habits.

It happens all the time, especially if you are typing fast. You can read what I write..so its not a big deal.

Just like this sentence, it's obvious to me that it is "it's" and not "its." Is it obvious to you? Can you see your mistake?

Just pay attention to those small mistakes and people will trust you more.

Oh yeah, forget about Jesus' message, to try and correct a typo. Thats silly.

Or "That's" silly.

The matter I'm getting at is not about your message, but about your credibility as witness for what you're claiming.

How can we trust you to have an MBA and bachelors in psychology, yet you make these simple mistakes? You must have a hell of time proof-reading your own papers.

I did pray about me being here in this forum to God. What I felt God saying in my spirit is that I DO NOT have to show proof, or eveidence or argue my side. I felt like He just wants me to share my personal stories with you all, and thats about it.

Sure. And we have personal stories too. But you started early on by saying that all atheists are evil, murderers, and rapists.

Do you think the atheists here appreciated hearing that?

Goodbye Jesus

Oh yeah, forget about Jesus' message, to try and correct a typo. Thats silly.

No more silly than you dismissing everyone as 'god'-hating atheists. Btw my spell check shows me when things are incorrect, and I right click on them to correct them. It's not difficult.

Fiddlin Around, Phanta,

I have thought about the questions y'all have asked about the sexist sounding scriptures. As I have said before, I think that the commands are aimed as instruction to help us consider the other side, man in a woman's case, a woman in a man's case, to bring both sides to some certain point of maturity. Yes, some of them sound very much sexist, and sometimes I think we take an interpretation,especially if it is from a hurt standpoint, me too, and push that interpretation as the "correct" one. What I gather from being married 18 years now, is the other person plays an active role to bring us to a new level as a human. I think personally this is part of God's plan. When we get divorced, in certain cases, we are opting for our will and not giving credability to the other view that there could be some points that we might take note of. Phanta has expressed this before, that to have a good conversation, we must consider what the other side has to say.

But, I am taking the standpoint that these are the intentions of these scriptures, and not to demean women as a gender. Is this a transient truth on my part? Possibly.

But it more consistent with love never fails coupled with grace.

Ouroboros,

I sought Gods face day and night. I sought after His voice. It didnt happen by default. It was on purpose..and He came through for me.

I see.

I heard about some people who took mescaline and hear God speak to them. Then they started to see animal spirits and dead ancestors, giving them advice and esoteric education.

You cant categorize my experiences so you all say I am "mental." Thats your line of defense. Its a rather lame one too. If you dont know about it, just call it a mental illness.....it doesnt work like that.

You're right. And to accuse atheists for being evil and choosing to rebel against God because they want to sin, kill, and rape, isn't.

Hypocrite. (Yes, that's the way you spell that word.)

That's the point...I would gather that you gave it credibility at one time, but then you concluded. A conclusion would be very different, IMO, than, faith.

I thought you mean they were the same. My mistake.

Don't think I don't give you credit Hans...and I certainly appreciate your efforts in the last couple of days towards me. And truthfully, your personal experience and mine with respect to "hearing" God appear to be very different. Evidence, like the story of Abraham and Sarah give me pause to consider that God may not "use" someone until later in their lives. That's just me.

Thanks for the conversation.

Thanks End3.

And believe me, I respect you, your existence here, and your view on things (even though I think it's crazy at times ;)). But overall, I do like you more than you might think.

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

I do know the difference between "their" "they're" and "there." I also know the difference between "it's" and "its'" and things like that. I dont like the apostrophe to be honest...so I guess I am lazy. Why would that reflect my education level? In a way yes...and in a way no. There is spell check that a person can use. This is not a formal disucssion where I am being graded. If you dont want to be believe my educational background, that is fine. Dont.

Im not going to use the apostrophe cause I just dont when I type fast and when I am in a laid-back conversation. Im not here to write my thesis, and I also dont feel like I have to defend my education.

And I never said "ALL" atheists are murderers and evil. I said "SOME." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Xerces,

Okay, that is fair enough. I can understand and respect this. I am just stating for the record that debates of whether God exists or whether there is proof of His existence, dont interest me. I KNOW He does. It gave me great comfort when God told me that I dont have to go in the direction that people on this thread want me to go in. I am not here to debate...just share. If that is not accepted, that is fine. I can respect that.

And you think god is going to win us over by the magic of his presence and it shines through you, right?

And you think god is going to win us over by the magic of his presence and it shines through you, right?

It's the economy. Even God can't get good help.

Justyna, what do you expect us to do?

To believe? How should we do this?

Give us a hint. What is the response you want from us?

Ouroboros,

I do know the difference between "their" "they're" and "there." I also know the difference between "it's" and "its'" and things like that. I dont like the apostrophe to be honest...so I guess I am lazy. Why would that reflect my education level? In a way yes...and in a way no. There is spell check that a person can use. This is not a formal disucssion where I am being graded. If you dont want to be believe my educational background, that is fine. Dont.

I just hope for your own sake that you are not that lazy when it comes to writing patient assessments.

And for your own sake, be careful when you write your CV.

But to answer your question, why is it important? I'm sure you read in at least one class how important it is to know your audience, and that the audience will judge you by more than just your words. If you are sloppy and try to tell us the "truth," your audience will consider your "research" of the topic to be sloppy as well. People will not trust your message because you deliver the message mixed with rotten lettuce and eggs. You know this because you have studied this, so why is it a surprise to you?

Your writing style gives the impression of a middle-school teenager. It's your own doing.

A toothpaste, even so wonderful and effective, will not sell in the market if the box looks like a bag of vomit.

So are you selling your merchandise, or are you just taking us for a ride?

Im not going to use the apostrophe cause I just dont when I type fast and when I am in a laid-back conversation. Im not here to write my thesis, and I also dont feel like I have to defend my education.

Okay. Thanks for explaining that. In other words, you're just lazy.

So have you researched Christianity and its background? If you have, did you do it diligently or lazily? If you spent a lot of time and effort into it, then why do you consider the delivery of the message as unimportant? If the message was truly important to you, then your delivery would be just as serious.

And I never said "ALL" atheists are murderers and evil. I said "SOME." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Thanks for clearing that up.

"Some" Christians are also murderers and evil, just so you know.

The reason why you hate atheism, is because "some" atheists are murderers and evil.

So can I say that I hate Christianity because "some" Christians are murderers and evil?

What I felt God saying in my spirit is that I DO NOT have to show proof, or eveidence or argue my side.

post-34-044342500%201281201944.jpg

You cant categorize my experiences so you all say I am "mental." Thats your line of defense.

NO! That's us telling you that there's nothing special about your claim. Lots of people think that they're in communion with the supernatural, but when we point this out to you, you dismiss it, because Jesus' voice is "The Voice". That's bullshit, Justyna.

It's one key! How difficult is it to press one key?! It's right next to the "L" key for crissake.

How is it casual to arbitrarily skip one piece of punctuation, the easiest one to reach on the keyboard, I might add? In a lot of cases, we're talking about contractions. Contractions ARE casual. What the hell?!

What the hell?!

My point exactly.

Justyna should know, from her extensive studies in school, that delivery is half the message. Content, consistency, coherence, continuity, etc, are all part of communication. But big part of it is: delivery. Diction, style, tone, all of it plays a part. And if she is TRULY serious about her message, she should not mess her message up by being sloppy and lazy. Sloppy and lazy only proves that she doesn't really care. If she doesn't really care, then it's a chance she never cared for really thinking about her belief. She probably took the easy way out. Instead of researching and thinking about it, she just skipped the "apostrophes" of logic, reasoning, and support, and just jumped to the conclusion that felt good. So why should we trust her if this is the underlying message?

I actually don't nit-pick every error I see from every poster. I see errors in End3's, Ray's, and LNC's writings. And I do errors too. But to consistently present some important message in an uneducated manner will give exactly that response: people will think it's uneducated.

These things I learned in class. It was part of the curriculum.

So if she has the education she says she got, her school or state has low standards. (In my opinion)

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

I dont hate atheists....I do feel sorry for them, that they dont have God in their lives.

Im not "selling" anything. Just telling others how Jesus changed me when I had doubts and left Him.

How do I want people to respond? Whatever way they want. If they accept Jesus in their lives, then great. But only God can do that job ultimately. I am here, I shared my stories, my experiencs to the best of my ability and thats about it. If the Holy Spirit wants to reach someone, He will. If not, then that is not up to me anymore. Its out of my hands.

Maybe we should just close this thread? I really dont know. Its very long.

I never really considered changing my typing to make it more correct. I would if it would win people for Christ. I really dont think it would though..ahaha. Only Holy Spirit does that.

ETA: I will consider updating my typing style...cause I can see the point being made. But at the same time, it depends on your audience. If I am talking to people who are perhaps not educated, then they might be a little turned off and/or intimidated by my education etc. So I guess it depends. I will pray about this and see what God says to me regarding this matter. I am sure He has an opinion.

Maybe we should just close this thread?

Sounds good.

Ouroboros,

I dont hate atheists....I do feel sorry for them, that they dont have God in their lives.

You said a couple of days ago: (here)

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course.

It's a false assessment of atheism and atheists. You hurt me by saying this, and you expect me to respect you?

Im not "selling" anything. Just telling others how Jesus changed me when I had doubts and left Him.

It's always about selling when it comes to religion. You want to preach and evangelize. It's a sharing of a message because you want people to "buy" into it.

You know this. You have an MBA for God's sake! You business principles in-and-out if you got a proper business degree.

How do I want people to respond? Whatever way they want. If they accept Jesus in their lives, then great. But only God can do that job ultimately. I am here, I shared my stories, my experiencs to the best of my ability and thats about it. If the Holy Spirit wants to reach someone, He will. If not, then that is not up to me anymore. Its out of my hands.

So if I responded to you this way:

Yo, wazzup, me has betttar english degray then u. I has a PhD, dubble axually, an aNobul price in mathumatix an englesh littaratur. I knew things batter then u. Ktxhbay. Oo. Buydawai, me wrote these way cause Im lazy and want to tell u important things.

Would you believe me? Why not?

Maybe we should just close this thread? I really dont know. Its very long.

If that's what you want.

I never really considered changing my typing to make it more correct. I would if it would win people for Christ. I really dont think it would though..ahaha. Only Holy Spirit does that.

Your trustworthiness would increase. But you know this. You read about this years ago. You know the importance of delivery of a message. You learned this in both English and business classes. I'm still dumbfounded that you forgot.

///

TOPIC CLOSED PER REQUEST. 7 Aug 2010. 10:58 AM Pacific.

///