Goodbye Jesus

Went out to eat with my roommate's family

regencybrougham

As we were driving back to our apartment, talking about religion, my roommate's mom was talking about how crazy it was that some people (little do they know...) don't believe that you will be judged and then rewarded or punished accordingly after death.

Are judgment, punishment, and reward not worldly things? Are we not supposed to avoid "worldly things?"

Why would god, oops, I mean G-d, be awaiting us with such worldly things once we die? :shrug:

As we were driving back to our apartment, talking about religion, my roommate's mom was talking about how crazy it was that some people (little do they know...) don't believe that you will be judged and then rewarded or punished accordingly after death.

Are judgment, punishment, and reward not worldly things? Are we not supposed to avoid "worldly things?"

Why would god, oops, I mean G-d, be awaiting us with such worldly things once we die? :shrug:

I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut, I'm not a mean person, but when someones says something that stupid its almost imposible to keep from saying anything.

I almost told off an uncle and aunt of mine that I had a conversation with the other day. Only reason I didn't was cause my parents were there and I just didn't want to make a big stink...they don't deal real well with my apostacy.

The whole point of religion is to force people to hold many conflicting and often mutually exclusive ideas at the same time. Makes it so much easier to control a person when you don't have to justify what you tell them - they do it all themselves. If this woman is strong in her belief, pointing out the painfully obvious contradictions won't do any good. It is almost a shame, but then you remember that you can sell them almost anything religious...

Oh, yeah. It's "crazy" to believe that we're not going to be tortured in a mythical place for all of eternity, despite the fact that we're good people, simply because we use our brains. Riiiiiight. :rolleyes: