Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

To simplify - for me (and many other Christians):
  • Love and Wisdom are inate qualities of existence.
  • Love and Wisdom are within the very fabric of LIVING and SELF-AWARE UNIVERSE.
  • Since these qualities are part of the very fabric of existence - all humans have access to these things (just as we have access to the air we breath - even more so - for I can go underneath water - or into space and rob myself of the amount of oxygen I need to live. But LOVE and WISDOM are universally present within all, through all and beyond/before/first cause of all.

• When I pray - and other Christians like myself - I am not praying to myself. "Myself" is merely part of existence. I am NOT praying to some capricious, anthropomorphistic being unaccesseable in the far reaches of the universe - that being does not exist. I am NOT praying TO any THING, BEING separate from myself. I AM simply acknowledging the presence of a SACRED and SELF-AWARE LOVE and WISDOM within ALL, through ALL, beyond/before/first cause of ALL.

You do NOT pray to the Christian God but nevertheless you refer yourself as a Christian. *scratching head*[/b]

• I can't pray TO this Divine presence because the would imply separatedness from myself and God. There is NO separatedness between ANYTHING and GOD (including little old me). So praying "TO" God would be putting up a wall between myself and God.

IF you can't pray to the Christian God... perhaps you should stop the "other Christians like myself" claim?

• As I have said before, prayer (for me) opens one up to "God as God IS". NOT as we define or "create" or "image" God - but simply allows the heart and mind and soul to be present in infinite LOVE and WISDOM.

Uh huh - totally right on! ... i think... God as God... ummm ... hmmm...

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do NOT pray to the Christian God but nevertheless you refer yourself as a Christian. *scratching head*[/

Are you NOT familiar with the following concepts. :scratch:

• Christ as the WORD (or WISDOM of God) made flesh?
  • Christ as the infinite I AM (Before Abraham was I AM)?
  • Christ as the Alpha and Omega?

What bothers you - is that I don't pray to YOUR version of the "christian" God. What bothers you is that someone who self-identifies as Christian is challenging you on a literalized, anthropomorphological understanding of God.

IF you can't pray to the Christian God... perhaps you should stop the "other Christians like myself" claim?
What bothers you, Pug ... is that there really are other Christians like myself. I did not learn the negative theology from the thin air. Neither did the concepts of Christ as the Alpha and Omega, infinite I Am, WISDOM made flesh originate with me. I actually (gasp) READ and LEARNED these things from (gasp) other CHRISTIANS.

Excuse me? Are you saying there's a God? Are you saying He can do stuff... eventhough it's easy?
Not heard of a assuming something for the sake of a debate, have you?

There's nothing to debate. Let's just agree to disagree.

Not only is this a moot point, all the stuff that He has done that has made a difference - will you ever know? If He saved one of the youths (which He did) knocked down by a van, would you know? Or believe?

Only if you believe he exists... and going by your claims, the only stuff he does is find you a parking space. Yeah, that really makes a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things...
He saved that boy, somebody's son - that makes a lot of difference to his parents don't you think? My parking space is quite useless to anybody except me... but i'm not refusing it.

Excuse me? Aren't all the people here all de-converted and not into the so-called Christian cult? Please re-start your brain.

Are you deconverted? No?

Then it's pretty obvious that it's not a moot point and exactly who should be restarting their brain...

Not heard of assuming something for the sake of a debate, have you? duh...I'm a visitor... I'm refering to all the residents sheltering here CT.

You do NOT pray to the Christian God but nevertheless you refer yourself as a Christian. *scratching head*[/

Are you NOT familiar with the following concepts. :scratch:

• Christ as the WORD (or WISDOM of God) made flesh?
  • Christ as the infinite I AM (Before Abraham was I AM)?
  • Christ as the Alpha and Omega?

What bothers you - is that I don't pray to YOUR version of the "christian" God. What bothers you is that someone who self-identifies as Christian is challenging you on a literalized, anthropomorphological understanding of God.

I am, read my lips, NOT bothered. There are many denominations within Christianity. JW, Scientology... BTW can you define your Christ? Is it Jesus? Or?

What bothers you, Pug ... is that there really are other Christians like myself. I did not learn the negative theology from the thin air. Neither did the concepts of Christ as the Alpha and Omega, infinite I Am, WISDOM made flesh originate with me. I actually (gasp) READ and LEARNED these things from (gasp) other CHRISTIANS.

And your other Christians are true Christians so they would know what is what? You say concepts. So it's just a concept? And you do not need to refer to the Bible? You just pray to.. to what? again please i still do not comprehend? You pray to release love and wisdom which you can touch?

I am, read my lips, NOT bothered. There are many denominations within Christianity. JW, Scientology... Or?
And this one simple fact should be telling you something Pug.

BTW can you define your Christ? Is it Jesus?
Do you not understand the concept of negative theolgoy. I try very hard NOT to limit Christ (Alpha and Omega) to "definitions". I've already told you I believe Jesus is the WORD (Wisdom of GOD) made flesh. What don't you comprehend?

And your other Christians are true Christians so they would know what is what? ...
And that's what it always boils down to with people like you, Pug ... whether someone is a TRUE christian - or not.

I don't need your permission (or anyone elses for that matter) to call myself Christian. I don't believe any Christian theology (among the thousands available to choose from) is TRUE and ABSOLUTE. I have found an understanding of God that fits me and fits the world we all live in. This understanding of God is not separate from the universe - it is Omni-present - within ALL - through ALL - etc... It encumpasses WISDOM and LOVE something SACRED and universally available to every human being. It allows for the vailidity of multiple world-views and condemns no-one (nor any thing) to eternal suffering and torment.

And you know what Pug - your choice (and you do have a choice in what theology you subscribe to) of theology is just as subjective as my choice. The only difference is you think yours is TRUE.

There's nothing to debate. Let's just agree to disagree.
Well, since we disagree on whether prayer works, there's obviously something to debate...

But by all means, pull out of the debate anytime you feel you can't win.

He saved that boy, somebody's son - that makes a lot of difference to his parents don't you think? My parking space is quite useless to anybody except me... but i'm not refusing it.
Does he save every youth that's prayed for? No? The word "chance" springs to mind here...

Oh, and I never knew you were the only person in your country with a car... no wonder you get so many parking spaces.

duh...I'm a visitor... I'm refering to all the residents sheltering here CT.

So... Open Minded isn't a Christian... Big Toe isn't a Christian... people who were never Christians in the first place have suddenly become Ex-Christians... and just how long do you have to be a visitor before you get classed as a resident? I's say that joining 16 months ago and making 490 posts classes YOU as a resident.

You weren't refering to all the people here... you weren't refering to all the residents here... you were refering to the Ex-Christians here, while ignoring all the anonymous visitors we get... many of them Christians who are seeing, thanks to you, just how evil God really is. Seriously, do you think that only Ex-Christians come here?

Keep up the good work Pug... Be content in the knowledge that you're driving people away from Christianity every time you post.

Pug is silent on my post...and still waiting for a reply its been almost 24 hours. You just snap at people now and you are sure doing a damn good job advertising your faith. :loser:

Pug is silent on my post...and still waiting for a reply its been almost 24 hours. You just snap at people now and you are sure doing a damn good job advertising your faith. :loser:

Don't feel too bad - he's also silent on my long response on the previous page. Either I shut him up good or he just didn't see it, but I highly doubt that he's that inattentive to details.

Snipping at people with "clever" retorts and failing to give proper moral justification or hard evidence for their religion, especially when faced with valid reasons for disbelief, aren't exactly unorthodox Xian tactics in the modern world, where neither sword nor law can force us back into the fold.