Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

I started this thread as a splinter-thread from here ---> EASIER to be an EX-C?, wooo hooo freedom

As you can see, we have ourselves another True Christian here who states that all of his prayers are answered in the affirmative.

*schnip*

I don't forsee any of this as requiring any more effort than waving His Holy Pinky, Pug.

Can you get to this right away. Please?

Meh. I thought back and forth on making a request.

But a thousand devout Christians, all praying at once, couldn't get a nonexistent God to finally talk to me, express love, or apologize for being a BIG DEADBEAT for twenty years. And that's not Pug's fault.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lmao:   :lmao:

Good one.  He'd have a better chance of bringing my grandma back to life.  And she was cremated..

I'm getting this mental image of a very annoyed pile of ashes in a brass urn....

Ok so I can't get the quote thing to work tonight - Pug's comments are in bold.

Pugs advice to Hesitent - Do it quietly. Don't gloat. Don't be too smug.

Why the requirement to do it quietly? I have no intention of gloating, I will be on my knees before God.

Pug, if I came across at all smug - it was not my intention. My attitude is born of years of praying, years of seeing children broken and battered and abused, whilst trying to believe in a powerful and loving God - a god who is supposedly all powerful but lets such terrible things happen to the smallest and most vulnerable of his children and all because he supposedly has some kind of philosophical hang up about free will???

I get wound up Pug, because so many christians say they care about kids - and then 'let go and let god' which means fuck all happens. Ahhhhhhh.

Pug adds a couple more instructions. - Be humble. Do not be boastful.

Pug,

You seem to misunderstand me. If God answers your request that he find adoptive homes for the fourteen children on my case load in time for the November 30th panel, I will be nothing if not humble. I will be totally humbled.

My boasting will be entirely scriptural. My soul will boast in the LORD. I will submit to the biblical command to 'let the afflicted hear and rejoice'.(Psalm 34:1-3)

I will be boasting along with the psalmist who says 'In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.' (Psalm 44:7-9 ) and in line with various entreaties in the New Testamnet to boast about what the Lord has done.

'Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:30-32)

Or how about this one ...

'For I know your eagerness to help, and I have been boasting about it to the Macedonians, telling them that since last year you in Achaia were ready to give; and your enthusiasm has stirred most of them to action. (2 Corinthians 9:1-3)

I think that sounds really applicable because I would be bursting into my old church wide eyed and full of enthusiasm with the expressed intent of stirring them into action. Boy do they need the encouragement. They've been praying and praying for God to raise up adopters but you see there hasn't been any improvement in the levels of people coming forward. If suddenly God answered a specific prayer for fourteen children all at once you have no idea how encouraged they would be!

Pug begins to get up Hesitent's nose - No, no, no. Do not let the media mock it and drag it through mud. Let it be. If it happens, just continue with it. Remember when Jesus restored the sight to a blind man? He specifically told him not to shout in the streets. Yet he did. Try not to displease God.

Why would the media mock it?

If there is a way in which miracles can be performed - if there is a solution to any one of the many problems people suffer and this solution is to ask God - then I believe it would be immoral to stay quiet.

What I was describing was the start of a massive revival. Isn't this something you want to see - isn't this why evangelists like Louis Palau stir up the hearts of his audiences by telling them about the amazing things that God has done? What would be the difference between my attempts to draw peoples attention to an amazing answer to prayer?

Pug introduces the cop out - This is the hard part.

This is the cop out you mean.

Pug warns Hesitent of forthcoming co-incidental slap - When it happens and you barge in here wide-eyed and spouting "believe, believe!!" I very much doubt you will impress or convert any body (not that we want to). They still have one word to slap you with: "co-incidence".

I'm not talking about barging in here. I'm talking about barging into the Adoption Team and witnessing to my collegues in the Social Work profession. Believe me - if fourteen children are found adopters in time for the next panel meeting NO ONE is going to call it a coincidence.

God will have to accomplish all sorts of impossibilities to make this happen. No one will dispute the fact that divine intervention has occurred. Of course whilst I say 'impossibilities' none of these should be really problematic for the creator of the universe.

IF you don't have a problem with Him, why do you make fun of Him?

His supposed followers are not only trouble for you, they are for Him too. More so IMHO. I'm one of the worst.

:Doh:

This made me think. See, I do this a lot too. I also call your god names and all sorts of things like that. It's...pretty irrational, as Asimov pointed out at one point. And I need to quit it, because it IS irrational and doesn't really even help me get rid of this pain and anger I am still carrying around.

I'd call it catharsis, but that's not entirely true. It's more like...well, here's a human-level example. I've mentioned that my mom was really crazy and abusive to me when I was growing up. How do you think I would feel if people started taking me aside and telling me what a wonderful woman and parent she was, and that she loved me, and was faultless and perfect in her judgment, and that anything she had done to me, I deserved?

My feelings when someone brings up Yahweh and starts talking about what a wonderful Father he is are even more intense than that. It's like an explosion of bitterness, pain and rage. I'm slowly learning to control these reactions, but when I was first on here, I couldn't take even a short debate with a hardline Christian without bursting into tears, losing my temper and writing a screed.

If I never loved and trusted your god--if I was never a true Christian...why's my heart still broken now that I don't even believe anymore?

If I never loved and trusted your god--if I was never a true Christian...why's my heart still broken now that I don't even believe anymore?

(((((((((((( Becca)))))))))))

(((((((((((( Becca)))))))))))

*snugs* Thanks.

This is a crap month for my recovery. Meh. Overall I'm still better, but I've been brooding a lot. :shrug:

Prayer is sometimes given credit for working in a case where the outcome prayed for was possible without prayer.

Pray for something impossible and it cannot and will not happen. And this is easily proven at any time. There is only one prayer worth praying:

PRAY TO RAISE THE DEAD you pompous mofo. If prayer works, resurrect someone.

I suspect you already know your whole belief system is a fraud, you just can't admit it.

Thanks, Becca - that honest reply summed a lot up for me, and I bet for a lot of other Ex-C's on this board. :kiss:

What about meditation/prayer having deep reaching changes inward? Maybe resolving emotional issues could also bring one's body into a more unified energy towards healing? Further, visualizing our self 'well' at a specific future date. Maybe it’s just about finding ’happiness’? I've read that stress has a tendency to inhibit the immune system, and I think it could inhibit other healing properties too. Dr. Bernie Segal claims that even laughter contributes greatly to physical health and well being. More info: Number 15 at this site: http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfmS=...2K.ba_HkWaVTJzg

Having said that, even Jesus was NOT able to heal everyone he prayed with/for in his ministry. Sometimes, the specifics of the outcome we want needs to change, IMO. Instead of 'make my child/myself well', 'show me how to deal with this'.

Once, with my affliction, I prayed for healing. It was improved a tiny bit, but will never ever be close to the same! What I DID eventually discover, is that I could handle what had happened to me… what was the most difficult, is the people around me couldn’t handle it! It was really the people’s reactions around me that saddened my heart the most! Like I’m not as ’good’ anymore. If others wouldn’t of acted so ‘dreary’ that this had happened to me, it would have been much better! (of course have empathy) What I had to do, was change my perception of their reactions of my present value! I came to this conclusion by lots of meditation/prayer on the subject, and finally found a place of happiness again. And I also know ‘I’, the character of who I am, became a much better person for it, IMHO.

I think this emphasis, on giving strength to others to overcome their situation in an emotional way, with great acceptance and accommodation of what a stronger person people are for doing so, nationwide we could change the state of life for all in a more positively meaningful way!

This made me think. See, I do this a lot too. I also call your god names and all sorts of things like that. It's...pretty irrational, as Asimov pointed out at one point. And I need to quit it, because it IS irrational and doesn't really even help me get rid of this pain and anger I am still carrying around.

I'd call it catharsis, but that's not entirely true. It's more like...well, here's a human-level example. I've mentioned that my mom was really crazy and abusive to me when I was growing up. How do you think I would feel if people started taking me aside and telling me what a wonderful woman and parent she was, and that she loved me, and was faultless and perfect in her judgment, and that anything she had done to me, I deserved?

My feelings when someone brings up Yahweh and starts talking about what a wonderful Father he is are even more intense than that. It's like an explosion of bitterness, pain and rage. I'm slowly learning to control these reactions, but when I was first on here, I couldn't take even a short debate with a hardline Christian without bursting into tears, losing my temper and writing a screed.

This goes back to the other topic, where we got the questio "why we talk about Christianity, and not go an play golf instead".

Becca, you're the perfect example to just WHY we DO have all the debates about religion, just so we can sort out our repressed feelings and "get it all out" so to speak. You're a living example that those debates HELPED you.

The reason why I write this post, is to shove it up in our visiting antagonists faces, that we DO have a valid reason to perpetuate the questions. It helps those who needs to deal with their abuse from religion.

Becca, ***hugs***

You know guys, there will be no prayer answers anyway, because we only need one unbeliever to make it fail.

Jesus couldn't do miracles in his hometown because they didn't believe in him.

Not even then God+Human Incarnation with a bunch of faithful followers can bring up a miracle, if just one doubter is in the room.

People can have faith as a mountain and asking for a miracle, but it only takes doubt as the size of a mustard seed to undo it.

This goes back to the other topic, where we got the questio "why we talk about Christianity, and not go an play golf instead".

Becca, you're the perfect example to just WHY we DO have all the debates about religion, just so we can sort out our repressed feelings and "get it all out" so to speak. You're a living example that those debates HELPED you.

The reason why I write this post, is to shove it up in our visiting antagonists faces, that we DO have a valid reason to perpetuate the questions. It helps those who needs to deal with their abuse from religion.

Becca, ***hugs***

HanSolo, the depth of your understandings and caring about people is about the most amazing I've ever seen! As I've said, it is such an honor to have touched your life in some way. I learn from you all the time. :thanks:

(btw, for those of you that have a tendency to think I mean this in sarcasm... NO! I MEAN THIS IN A VERY RESPECTFUL WAY!) Amanda

(btw, for those of you that have a tendency to think I mean this in sarcasm... NO! I MEAN THIS IN A VERY RESPECTFUL WAY!) Amanda

:grin: FYI, I've never taken anything you've said as sarcasm, since I can't see that being in your nature. You never downgrade anyone, but rather the opposite.

:wave:

Pug introduces the cop out - This is the hard part.

This is the cop out you mean.

Hesitent,

Thanks for your comments and explaination.

It is not a cop out. I just do not know God's will. For example, Paul had a thorn in his side and asked God to take it out. But He left it there!!! It is when we can rise above our sufferings that we can boast, that despite the suffering, we can still glorify His name.

Remember Elijah hiding in the cave. He said, "Enough, no more, can you just kill me off..." Let's not give up too.

Guess we just can't make deals with God. Only pray. I have made a prayer request to my Pastor. Pastor Nellie was taken aback by my request ~ praying for kids in UK!!! I said I wish to show the power of prayer to some lost Christians.

So, I've committed your 14 into God's hands.

I can't wait for your good news.

I said I wish to show the power of prayer to some lost Christians.

Why didn't you just give it to him straight?

Why did you lie to him/her/pastor/whatever?

And if it's bad news... "well, it's God swill God's will that they don't get adopted"

Time will tell...

Hesitent,

Thanks for your comments and explaination.

It is not a cop out. I just do not know God's will. For example, Paul had a thorn in his side and asked God to take it out. But He left it there!!! It is when we can rise above our sufferings that we can boast, that despite the suffering, we can still glorify His name.

Remember Elijah hiding in the cave. He said, "Enough, no more, can you just kill me off..." Let's not give up too.

Guess we just can't make deals with God. Only pray. I have made a prayer request to my Pastor. Pastor Nellie was taken aback by my request ~ praying for kids in UK!!! I said I wish to show the power of prayer to some lost Christians.

What kind of God would will pain and suffering on little children? Is that a kind of god you would want to worship?

Excuse me?  You have just breached my boiling point Pug, you don't know me and you have no clue on how much time was spent praying in my 30+ years of Christianity.  Quit while your ahead. Perhaps you should grow up and stop believing in an asinine, cruel and evil myth.

Because the bible says so.  There are TONS of scripture that teach a person how to identify a false Christian.  I was worried about him and my children going to hell.  Now I am no longer worried. :grin:

:twitch:

I am glad you are now no longer worried that any of your family members will be going to hell.

What kind of God would will pain and suffering on little children?  Is that a kind of god you would want to worship?

In your pain and suffering comes strength. God's grace is enough. Having said that, but why make these poor, innocent children suffer?

But compare that to a poor, penniless pastor having to plant a church. He is doing God's work and he is suffering too. He has even MORE to gnash his teeth and complain to God? "WHY? WHY? God, I'm doing your work... why have You forsaken me? WHY nobody comes to attend my service? Why do these people spit in my face? What kind of God are you? Why didn't you answer my prayers?"

Does he give up? Or does he rise above all these obstacles? If he succeed, will his faith be stronger?

If the poor suffering children rise above their poor start, will they be stronger?

God's grace is enough. Well, IMHO anyway.

In your pain and suffering comes strength. God's grace is enough. Having said that, but why make these poor, innocent children suffer? 

But compare that to a poor, penniless pastor having to plant a church. He is doing God's work and he is suffering too. He has even MORE to gnash his teeth and complain to God? "WHY? WHY? God, I'm doing your work... why have You forsaken me? WHY nobody comes to attend my service? Why do these people spit in my face? What kind of God are you? Why didn't you answer my prayers?"

Does he give up? Or does he rise above all these obstacles? If he succeed, will his faith be stronger?

If the poor suffering children rise above their poor start, will they be stronger?

God's grace is enough. Well, IMHO anyway.

Dude...

Comparing little children dying, starving, being abused, murdered, raped... with an adult who can't build a church... is just disgusting. No offense, but if this is the way you think, then you're little more than a piece of subhuman, slimy garbage.

Dude...

Comparing little children dying, starving, being abused, murdered, raped... with an adult who can't build a church... is just disgusting. No offense, but if this is the way you think, then you're little more than a piece of subhuman, slimy garbage.

Forget it, LF. Being the type of Christian he is, he never has to observe or make judgements about himself. That's up to his God. Not him.

It wouldn't matter to him, either, if you could produce accurate statistics that show just how many dollars are spent on building churches so that people can go there every Sunday to hear a different opinion on stories that were told thousands of years ago, compared to the dollars that are spent actually feeding those children.

We know that religion is bliss.

Religion helps people ignore those children.

Just pray about it + God will provide = Mass Apathy

Forget it, LF. Being the type of Christian he is, he never has to observe or make judgements about himself. That's up to his God. Not him.

It wouldn't matter to him, either, if you could produce accurate statistics that show just how many dollars are spent on building churches so that people can go there every Sunday to hear a different opinion on stories that were told thousands of years ago, compared to the dollars that are spent actually feeding those children.

We know that religion is bliss.

Hm. Good point, Fwee. What point lies in fighting a battle one cannot win?

...Maybe Pug-ugly should take that thought to heart...

...Maybe Pug-ugly should take that thought to heart...

His "heart" belongs to Jesus now.

It's way up there in Heaven, not

down here where he can actually

do something with it.

His "heart" belongs to Jesus now.

It's way up there in Heaven, not

down here where he can actually

do something with it.

I don't know - I think that pug is just having us on. I doubt he's an xer at all - just someone getting their kicks trolling on a board. There's no way even an incredibly deluded believer would have posted that. It's way too obvious. :shrug:

There's no way even an incredibly deluded believer would have posted that. It's way too obvious.  :shrug:

However much I'd like to agree with you, I can't.

I've seen way too much of this in my time here,

and real life, to know that this is an actual mindset. :mellow: