Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

I don't know - I think that pug is just having us on. I doubt he's an xer at all - just someone getting their kicks trolling on a board. There's no way even an incredibly deluded believer would have posted that. It's way too obvious.  :shrug:

You'd be surprised.

One of our local fundies once said that children should always do as adults tell them, no matter what they're told, even if doing so would be considered wrong.

Of course, I have the sneaking suspicion that he's a pedophile, so of course it makes sense that he'd say something like that.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude...

Comparing little children dying, starving, being abused, murdered, raped... with an adult who can't build a church... is just disgusting. No offense, but if this is the way you think, then you're little more than a piece of subhuman, slimy garbage.

My Lady Feline,

How about comparing to: adult Christians who have believed for (insert number of years) and for some "logical" reason(s) and or influence jump on being de-converted?

Aaaah, more humane and more politically correct.

:thanks:

I don't know - I think that pug is just having us on. I doubt he's an xer at all - just someone getting their kicks trolling on a board. There's no way even an incredibly deluded believer would have posted that. It's way too obvious.  :shrug:

What kicks? You guys are such fine folks with your generous, honest opinions, I don't deserve them. Pedophile indeed!!! Such "hopeful" imagination!

My Lady Feline,

How about comparing to: adult Christians who have believed for (insert number of years) and for some "logical" reason(s) and or influence jump on being de-converted?

Believe it or not (which you won't, because this fact exists in reality), most people that deconvert do become much more charitable than they were as believers.

Why is this? Well, for starters, they finally realized that their prayers to help other people never were actually happening and that all of those years they spent "praying" and "leaving it in God's hands" never helped a single person who needed it.

Aaaah, more humane and more politically correct.

:thanks:

So yes, more humane and more correct. :thanks:

Believe it or not (which you won't, because this fact exists in reality), most people that deconvert do become much more charitable than they were as believers.

Believe it or not, I think that is fantastic. Like somebody said to me, whatever floats your boat. If it's good it sure will please your non-existent God. And even my living God. So, win-win.

Why is this? Well, for starters, they finally realized that their prayers to help other people never were actually happening and that all of those years they spent "praying" and "leaving it in God's hands" never helped a single person who needed it.

Agreed. To each his/her own then.

So yes, more humane and more correct.  :thanks:

No, my bad. I should apologise. Again, win-win. Amen?

It wouldn't matter to him, either, if you could produce accurate statistics that show just how many dollars are spent on building churches so that people can go there every Sunday to hear a different opinion on stories that were told thousands of years ago, compared to the dollars that are spent actually feeding those children.

Fweethawt,

I do believe you when you state that a lot of money has been mis-directed by many churches around the world. And yes, I go to church to listen to 1,000-year old stories.

But it's how these stories are presented as analogies to help/assist my present life (that's what my pastor ministers anyway) that I go there for.

(Our Church manages a single-mother shelter.)

Believe it or not, I think that is fantastic. Like somebody said to me, whatever floats your boat. If it's good it sure will please your non-existent God. And even my living God. So, win-win.
It's not only ethics that counts. Because of the truth claiming property of many a religion, rational competence of adherents can be severely impaired.

Fweethawt,

I do believe you when you state that a lot of money has been mis-directed by many churches around the world.

You're not understanding me. The misdirection is the building of the churches. The churches get built so that people will go there and pay to have a place to pray, sing, dance, perform rituals, and listen to stories, all the while people/children like the ones that Hesitent mentioned go on living in misery.

The church has one Hell of a deception thing going on.

And yes, I go to church to listen to 1,000-year old stories.
They are thousands of years old, not just one thousand.

But it's how these stories are presented as analogies to help/assist my present life (that's what my pastor ministers anyway) that I go there for.
You need analogies to assist you in life? :twitch: What's up with that?

Umm... You do know that by reading the bible as an analogy is to interpret it differently than what it actually says, right? This means that you are adding to and taking away from the book by interpreting.

Now open your bible to Revelations 22:18-19

(Our Church manages a single-mother shelter.)
Good for them. I'm sure nobody is skimming the collection pot.

In your pain and suffering comes strength. God's grace is enough. Having said that, but why make these poor, innocent children suffer? 

But compare that to a poor, penniless pastor having to plant a church. He is doing God's work and he is suffering too. He has even MORE to gnash his teeth and complain to God? "WHY? WHY? God, I'm doing your work... why have You forsaken me? WHY nobody comes to attend my service? Why do these people spit in my face? What kind of God are you? Why didn't you answer my prayers?"

Does he give up? Or does he rise above all these obstacles? If he succeed, will his faith be stronger?

If the poor suffering children rise above their poor start, will they be stronger?

God's grace is enough. Well, IMHO anyway.

Suffering children who are dead can't overcome anything.

Neither should they have to in order to "prove" themselves. Somewhere a child is being raped by your poor, penniless pastor in God's name. Rise above that, if you can.

You're not understanding me. The misdirection is the building of the churches. The churches get built so that people will go there and pay to have a place to pray, sing, dance, perform rituals, and listen to stories, all the while people/children like the ones that Hesitent mentioned go on living in misery.

No I did not miss your point. The churches get built to keep God's people in their faith ~ not to party. And these people go on to contribute to orphanages (we have built a few actually). But I do not know how you all (US) have done it.

In UK, there's the Salvation Army I believe. Are they corrupted now too? Must ask Hesitent this.

The church has one Hell of a deception thing going on.

Yes some churches have a great scam going.

They are thousands of years old, not just one thousand.

Yes 2,000 plus, minus. You stated 1,000, so I just used your words.

You need analogies to assist you in life?  :twitch: What's up with that?

You'll have to hear the whole sermon. And I don't wanna burden you with them do I? Aaaah, all lies to you any way. So, moving on...

Umm... You do know that by reading the bible as an analogy is to interpret it differently than what it actually says, right? This means that you are adding to and taking away from the book by interpreting.

We take a story. We do not interprete it. We read it as it is. We show how it is not that easy to walk the path of faith in Jesus Christ. That is usually the general concept, most of the time. Yawn. God is not your wish machine. Grace from Him is enough. Get on with da program already. IF you have only one hand to type, then by God, you will type with that one hand to glorify His name. It is hard, hard to be a Christian. It is so easy to slide. Like Elijah exclaiming "...enough". :nono:

Now open your bible to Revelations 22:18-19

Yep. One common tactic that Satan uses to deceive people is to claim new revelations that aren't in the Bible. His bag of tricks includes written "revelations" like the Book of Mormon, the Urantia book and the Koran. It also includes direct spiritual revelations like the alleged Marian apparitions. These extra-Biblical revelations are often very seductive because they offer alleged secret knowledge that wasn't revealed in the Bible. Books like the Urantia book are even more seductive because of their elaborate, in-depth expose of the spiritual world and the alleged universes beyond our own.

Good for them. I'm sure nobody is skimming the collection pot.

Ha ha. We have metal "protective" rings around our offering bags. Apparently some new Christians thought the collection bag was money for them, so they reached in to grab a few notes for themselves. It happens!

But don't worry, everybody is watching everybody. Not to mention our God.

Somewhere a child is being raped by your poor, penniless pastor in God's name.  Rise above that, if you can.

It happens. It's for that "pastor" to face God.

Why are you angry with me?

It happens. It's for that "pastor" to face God.

Why are you angry with me?

Because you're a callous, amoral, lazy, arrogant, snotty, disgusting, slimy piece of subhuman excrement?

Because you apparently don't believe that it is your duty to alleviate a child's suffering if you can? And, no, I don't mean "to do it by praying". Because "God" won't do shit to that pedophile pastor. The law, however, WILL. If you can bother yourself to deal with Earthly authorities and report the abuse.

Jesus fucking Christ. Nearly every Christian I know, aside from Mr. Possibly-pedophile, would rip you to shreds for your attitude. And that's saying something.

Quote Pug:

It also includes direct spiritual revelations like the alleged Marian apparitions.

Pug here are two links you may be interested in (all evangelical Christians are invited to read):

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/c...b/crj0078a.html

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/c...b/crj0079a.html

(Protestant apologetics towards Catholic Marian apparitions)

After you finishing reading Kenneth Samples, all I am asking is - please have more understanding towards the Pharisees in how they saw Jesus, as described in your Gospels.

Scotter.

Because you're a callous, amoral, lazy, arrogant, snotty, disgusting, slimy piece of subhuman excrement?

Your choice of words are a tad flattering. But I'll admit to being lazy. None of the rest.

Because you apparently don't believe that it is your duty to alleviate a child's suffering if you can? And, no, I don't mean "to do it by praying".

Show me where I state that I will not help a suffering child? Am I not helping you now by giving you my attention?

Because "God" won't do shit to that pedophile pastor.

And you know this.... errr... how? :wicked::shrug:

The law, however, WILL. If you can bother yourself to deal with Earthly authorities and report the abuse.

And you know I won't report the abuse... how?

Jesus fucking Christ. Nearly every Christian I know, aside from Mr. Possibly-pedophile, would rip you to shreds for your attitude. And that's saying something.

If the Christians you know wants to rip me up just because of my insignificant ramblings posted on this fine ex-C forum I'll be shocked and deconvert this instant! Please, what kind of Christians are they?

It's amazing the excuses one comes up with in order to glorify a pathetic and non-existent, supposedly all POWERFUL and all LOVING god.  You are one sick bastard.

Why do you bother to talk about my God? He is non existent to you. By talking about Him, you are admitting to His "probable" existence.

I'm sick ~ that's why I need Jesus to heal me. And for that bastard thang, as far as I know, I have a Father and Mother. Ooooh and they are still alive.

Your choice of words are a tad flattering. But I'll admit to being lazy. None of the rest.

Good for you. But just because you won't admit to them, doesn't mean that they aren't accurate.

Show me where I state that I will not help a suffering child? Am I not helping you now by giving you my attention?

Well, that whole "it happens, God will take care of it" attitude of yours sure helps you come off that way.

And, no, you aren't "helping" me by giving me "your attention".

And you know this.... errr... how?

Well, gee... Where was "God's help" for all those children who were raped by Catholic priests? Where is "God's help" for all the children who are still being raped by men of the cloth?

Saying that "God will take care of it" doesn't mean shit. When has "God" ever stopped someone from molesting a child, eh?

I can't name one single instance. But I can name a lot of instances where people have intervened in God's very obvious absence.

And you know I won't report the abuse... how?

Again, I reference your lackadaisical attitude towards the suffering of children, and your excuse of "God will take care of it".

If the Christians you know wants to rip me up just because of my insignificant ramblings posted on this fine ex-C forum I'll be shocked and deconvert this instant! Please, what kind of Christians are they?

The decent kind, who don't appreciate subhumans like you tarnishing their otherwise good image.

They'd rip apart Mr. Possible-pedophile, too, if it makes you feel any better.

I'm sick ~ that's why I need Jesus to heal me. And for that bastard thang, as far as I know, I have a Father and Mother. Ooooh and they are still alive.

...You don't understand the meaning of the word "bastard", do you?

Bastard - a child born out of wedlock.

A child whose parents are dead is an orphan. Gods, pick up a dictionary, moron...

...You don't understand the meaning of the word "bastard", do you?

Bastard - a child born out of wedlock.

A child whose parents are dead is an orphan. Gods, pick up a dictionary, moron...

Yep. Missed out the marriage bit. Yep me moron. :HappyCry:

Oh, so when a Christian trys to convert a Muslim to Christianity and uses things that disprove Allah, then means that Allah is real?  Do you see how stupid your analogy is Pug?  Talking about the Judeo Christian beliefs on an ExC site, :o , the audacity! 

Isn't Allah real to Muslims? Is your analogy better?

There is nothing one like yourself would like better, than to have us ExCers sit idly by and do nothing, have no kind of support, etc.  Yeah, you'd love that ole' Pug, love to see us shut up.  By discussing, debating, poking fun of the Judeo/Christian myth we are helping ourselves and others to be overcomers after having left the faith.  Others have been set-free from Christianity by being here and seeing what people have written to discredit the cult of Christianity.

So, :Wendywhatever:   , think what you want, but it doesn't make you right.

Not once did I say I was right or you're wrong or whatever. I'm not here to prove any thing.

Why are you so passionate about me and my non existent "religion"? Golly gee, aren't you the ex-C? I'm beginning to feel you are trying to convert me to be a Christian.

The decent kind, who don't appreciate subhumans like you tarnishing their otherwise good image.

They'd rip apart Mr. Possible-pedophile, too, if it makes you feel any better.

I'm happy for you. Wow, decent Christian friends huh? Who won't hesistate to rip strangers apart ~ especially the Christian kind? Great pals you have there.

Why do you bother to talk about my God? He is non existent to you. By talking about Him, you are admitting to His "probable" existence.

*insert screeching tire sound effect*

Hold it right there, homes. That's an argument only idiots would ever resort to.

Look over at my info on the left there. See that blurb about Queen Serenity? See in my sig (currently) where I call myself "Queen Serenity's favorite sycophant"? Yeah, I talk about her like she's real.

Does that mean I believe she is? NO.

Quit trying to fault us for your lack of anything decent to argue. It only makes you look sad and desperate.

Pug.

I don't know if you just happened to "miss" the post, but you sure as hell have not addressed it in any way. Page 3 post #47.

I've given you plenty of time to come up with something there......you have not done so.

Too easy for you to claim you "missed" it (you christians seem to do that a lot). Why not give it a real go?

Or would you have to then admit your image of god is really a reflection of your own ego?

We talk about God for the same reason that Alcoholics Anonymous talk about alcohol. We are recovering. Recovering from a time when God dominated every aspect of our lives. A time when we felt inadequate and grimy, and felt like we were insignificant. Recovering from a time when we were not able to think for ourselves. A time when we didn't even own the money we earned at our jobs.

A time when all mankind was divided into the hell-bound and the blessed.

A time that we are glad is behind us.

A time when we were what you are, Pug.