Goodbye Jesus

Some perspectives

D. Paul

I told you guys not to bother arguing with a calvinist! :nono:

They are a lost cause. If they've studied the history of Calvin and still think the guy had any spiritual insight, how do you reason against that? Their belief is all about judgement and condemnation. No love, no compassion, no soul-saving - just point the finger. :Wendywhatever:

I think it can be profitable for observers who witness his mean-spirited, illogical replies. I tend to think these debates as a way to peel back his skin and expose the monster inside.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D. Paul

• crazy-tiger

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took a look at the link that you provided here, Pritishd.

I don't know...

It looks to me like someone took a little bit of extra liberties with the texts while putting that site together.

Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?

:Hmm:

That one line just doesn't seem to flow along with the rest of the excerpts for some reason. :mellow:

This is your brain. *normal human brain*

This is your brain on dogma. *blow-torches brain*

Any questions?

Merlin

I don't know...

It looks to me like someone took a little bit of extra liberties with the texts while putting that site together.

Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?

That one line just doesn't seem to flow along with the rest of the excerpts for some reason. :mellow:

It's a pretty big site dedicated to Jewish Faith and the holocaust. Maybe the translation could be crass.

But it is historical fact that Martin Luther actually wrote this book.

Anti semantic movement in America promote this book.

If you have doubt about it you can always search for Google for this book

I don't know...

I don't doubt it. Martin Luther could use pretty foul language, and especially when he talked about the Jews.

NoBeliefs.com has a good article about this. It's called "Martin Luther's dirty little Book". It has lots of quotes that are taken directly from the book.

It's not hard to imagine this book having an early influence on Adolph Hitler, and helping to instill his hatred of the Jews.

Martin Luther and his thug wanna-be pal Calvin do the impossible: they make the medieval Catholic church seem better by comparison.

And let's not forget both of these assholes encouraged the burning of 'witches' and heretics, too.

I did not write the post to simply ruffle feathers and sit back and watch them fly. I can make the "ExChurchgoers" comment bc that is the Biblical assessment of your involvement. You were interested to some point - even to the profession of "faith" -  but Jesus had his hangers-on and because of his words, they departed from him, showing themselves to never be with him to begin with. Scripture has made the distinction, defined it and applied it. The fact that it applies to you? Well, sorry.

Only your reading of the Bible, You know I was a Baptist for quite a while so I am aware of the once saved always saved belief. I am also aware that many churches disagree with it. I am also aware that you are some kind of moron without the ability to empithize with or understand anyone elses point of view.

LOL "did not write the post to simply ruffle feathers" Thats funny. Its the only reason you come here. Your a calvinist after all, so nothing you say would save us any way according to your beliefs. The only posible reason for you comming here is just to "ruffle feathers"

Even if your interpritation of the Bible leads you to believe that we were never christains doesn't mean you have to be rude and thoughtless. You do that on your own. So much for Christian love.

Oh and don't think I didn't notice how you avoided the rest of my post, only focusing on the one think you felt you could refute. You should be in politics the way you dodge questions all the time.

If someone is deconverted, then are you trying to deconvert the deconverted, or reconvert them into something they already see quite differently than you, at the moment, anyway?

I did not write the post to simply ruffle feathers and sit back and watch them fly. I can make the "ExChurchgoers" comment bc that is the Biblical assessment of your involvement. You were interested to some point - even to the profession of "faith" -  but Jesus had his hangers-on and because of his words, they departed from him, showing themselves to never be with him to begin with. Scripture has made the distinction, defined it and applied it. The fact that it applies to you? Well, sorry.

:ugh: What other requirements are there other then accepting the Lord Jesus Christ into your Heart mind and soul?

You stand on your false pedestal and cast stones, you don't have the foggiest idea of what Bullshit you utter. Tell me what set of verses apply to the "Real Christian?" Both can't be true can they? If so, How?

Set 1

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. --Colossians 3:12

In your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. --1 Peter 3:15

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. --1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. --Matthew 22:37-39

Set 2

For I am come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. And a MAN'S FOES SHALL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD.

-Matthew 10:35-36

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

-Luke 14:26

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

-Luke 12:51-53

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword.

-Matthew 10:34

-----------------

Seems to me by reading your comments on this thread, that you fallow the latter. :shrug:

dPaul: If I was just a church goer and not a christian, then the next time you talk to Jesus, tell him I want my fucking money back. He accepted it under false pretenses.

:ugh:   What other requirements are there other then accepting the Lord Jesus Christ into your Heart mind and soul? 

You stand on your false pedestal and cast stones, you don't have the foggiest idea of what Bullshit you utter.  Tell me what  set of verses  apply to the "Real Christian?"  Both can't be true can they?  If so, How?

Set 1

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. --Colossians 3:12

In your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. --1 Peter 3:15

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. --1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. --Matthew 22:37-39

Set 2

For I am come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. And a MAN'S FOES SHALL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD.

-Matthew 10:35-36

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

-Luke 14:26

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

-Luke 12:51-53

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace but a sword.

-Matthew 10:34

-----------------

Seems to me by reading your comments on this thread, that  you fallow the latter.  :shrug:

Seems to me that you use scripture to make it say what you wish. How would you fit these references with the whole? Each in its context is lacking. :nono:

I think it can be profitable for observers who witness his mean-spirited, illogical replies.  I tend to think these debates as a way to peel back his skin and expose the monster inside.

Obviously you've never read Calvin for himself. But then you can't even take Jesus seriously so why should Calvin be any different. However, I do not make a god of Calvin. Construct your caricatures of Calvin or of the Reformers. You understand the Bible less than you understand the men. This is the whole problem.

Obviously you've never read Calvin for himself. But then you can't even take Jesus seriously so why should Calvin be any different. However, I do not make a god of Calvin. Construct your caricatures of Calvin or of the Reformers. You understand the Bible less than you understand the men. This is the whole problem.

Um... he was talking about you.

Seems you don't understand what's being said, which is indeed the whole problem.

Oh and don't think I didn't notice how you avoided the rest of my post, only focusing on the one think you felt you could refute. You should be in politics the way you dodge questions all the time.

Ok, first of all, Piss off

From there, I owe you nothing.

Um... he was talking about you.

Seems you don't understand what's being said, which is indeed the whole problem.

In reference to Calvinism, thank you. Read the post.

Hey DPaul : did you happen to mention that little thing about my money to Jesus? (sorry to be a pest..)

In reference to Calvinism, thank you. Read the post.

I did... he was talking about you and you alone. He said nothing about calvin, that was something you tried to inject.

Mis-representation is not a good thing to do... especially when it's so easy to show it.

I did... he was talking about you and you alone. He said nothing about calvin, that was something you tried to inject.

Mis-representation is not a good thing to do... especially when it's so easy to show it.

What is missing from the post is a quote from someone saying "I told you not to argue with a Calvinist". For whatever reason, it did not show up.

What is missing from the post is a quote from someone saying "I told you not to argue with a Calvinist". For whatever reason, it did not show up.

What, so you're trying to say that because you're a calvinist, anyone talking about you is really talking about calvin?

Do I really need to explain just how screwed up that is?

Seems to me that you use scripture to make it say what you wish.

:lmao:

Have you ever done a little soul research on your own handling of the scripture?

Introspective ability level = 0!

How would you fit these references with the whole? Each in its context is lacking. :nono:

Maybe because that's the common practice for interpretation of the Bible.

Didn't you know we have studied and perfected the technique?

It is done all the time by Christians, so what is your complaint?

Personally I don't care what Calvin wrote or thought and I haven't picked up a bible and read it in 13 years, nor do I plan to in the future. I gave it all the time I will in this lifetime. What makes your "holy" book different from the others? If you flatly say "because it's the truth" I will be forced to reject that answer based on lack of evidence.

I did however read the bible quite thoroughly and quite often in my youth. If I didn't understand its meaning then you imply that I am either a) not capable of comprehending it due to sub par intelligence (which begs another question regarding those with less developed cranial capacity), or B) I was blinded to the truth because god chose not to reveal himself to me despite my deep longing and earnest searching and study. Can you think of another scenario because both of these cause me to conclude that your god is unjust.

Hey DPaul :  did you happen to mention that little thing about my money to Jesus?  (sorry to be a pest..)

Why worry about god providing? A Xtian should give you money willingly if they are a true Xtian.

That was me. I stand by it, and you've only proven me right. Calvinists are generally incapable of debate because they've already got all the answers. On top of that, they tend towards xenophobia.

And I have studied Calvin's history - he was a misanthropic creep who gloated over getting his enemies burned at the stake. The medieval equivalent of Himmler, IMO.