Goodbye Jesus

Some perspectives

D. Paul

From there, I owe you nothing.

Fine you owe me nothing, but then neither do I owe you anything either.

However, why just attack one part of a post and not bother with the other part?

And why is it I don't have the right to be angry about your characterizing me without knowing me?

Why pick at a post I made weeks ago instead of dealing with what I just said in the most recent post, unless your afraid to deal with me honestly?

Tell me have you ever read this passage in the bible?

1Co. 13:1 If I speak in the tongues [Or languages] of men and of angels,

but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging

cymbal.

1Co. 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries

and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move

mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1Co. 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to

the flames, [some early manuscripts body that I may boast]

but have not love, I gain nothing.

1Co. 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not

boast, it is not proud.

1Co. 13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it

keeps no record of wrongs.

1Co. 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1Co. 13:7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always

perseveres.

1Co. 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will

cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where

there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Let me say this Dpaul. You have been rude, self-seeking, you have kept records of wrong, you have deligted in saying mean and hurtful things to the people on this site, you have also avoided answering questions, you have not been very patient or kind, and you have always been over proud in your dealings with us.

You have managed to violate almost every part of 1 Cor. 13. Perhaps we on this site are a little too quick to anger ourselves. I can be quite harsh and defensive at times, but that is only because I have had to deal with people like yourself for years.

Why do you act in such a way towards us when the Bible clearly tells you not too?

When I read your posts I sense a lot of anger and hostility towards us. When I was a Christian I tried to follow 1 Cor 13 as well as I could, which is not to say I never got angry, but you don't seem to even try real hard. You have been rude and hateful to people on this site from day one.

And if you think to tell me that I have no right to question your actions you would do well to recal the story of Balamb and his donkey. In that story, God supposedly used a donkey to tell Balamb of his mistake, do you think God could not use me as well?

Of couse I don't believe in the god of the Bible myself, just discussing it from your perspective is all. :grin:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D. Paul

• crazy-tiger

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to me that you use scripture to make it say what you wish. How would you fit these references with the whole? Each in its context is lacking. :nono:

This is exactly what has been done with the bible since it was written. If you don't like what it produces, you only have yourselves to blame... it was your idea to begin with.

Some are out of context. Some are in context. That's the beauty of the Bible... you have plausable deniability. When you quote out 'suffer not a witch to live' you can say 'well, the mosaic laws are no longer in effect.'(which is bull, by the way)

When you cite 'slay them before me,' you have context saying 'no, no, that's the enemies of God!' to wash away your guilt.

What is truth? What is the correct meaning? WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY SAY?

Whatever you want.

Merlin

Bummer. I've lost my "Calvinist" Avatar. Is this a promotion or a demotion? :shrug:

Bummer. I've lost my "Calvinist" Avatar. Is this a promotion or a demotion? :shrug:

Maybe you weren't Calvinistic enough? :grin:

Couple of questions D. Paul:

1. By your account, is there anyway to determine a "true" christian from a "pretend" one prior to their death?

2. If you are a proponent of predestination, why are you here?

3. You say we should study the bible, which one?

I'm not being sarcastic here. I think these are valid questions based on what you've been saying. If you are interested in actual discussion, an not just another flame war, please respond in kind.

:thanks: