Goodbye Jesus

Apology & Rant

Guest Perfect Insanity

Guest Perfect Insanity

You cant explain every little wierd story, but its bad reasoning to just say because you cant explain it has to be god, what about just saying you dont know and would need more info to say its something divine.

Yeah. Depends on the story though.

Guest Valk0010

You cant explain every little wierd story, but its bad reasoning to just say because you cant explain it has to be god, what about just saying you dont know and would need more info to say its something divine.

Not really, even a convulted natural explaination is more likely then a supernatural one.

Quick example: Santa clause. It is way more of a convulted thing to explain all the gaga around santa. Now you could say santa exists and be done. Or you can take the more convulted explaination and be done.

Now the convulted one is how we know the santa stuff to be.

The one that wouldnt be convulted is the santa is a actual person one.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Not really, even a convulted natural explaination is more likely then a supernatural one.

Quick example: Santa clause. It is way more of a convulted thing to explain all the gaga around santa. Now you could say santa exists and be done. Or you can take the more convulted explaination and be done.

Now the convulted one is how we know the santa stuff to be.

The one that wouldnt be convulted is the santa is a actual person one.

Way different.

Guest Valk0010

[quote name='Perfect Insanity' timestamp='1281768438'

Way different.

Its called a example, for a reason. It is way different, but consider both of my posts for a second together.

A natural explaination that is convulted(which is all i was trying to say by the santa example) is more likely then a supernatural one. And on miracle stories like the tatoo one you talked about(which sounds like bs on the surface anyway) where you don't have all the info. Assume natural till given good reason otherwise. See this problem i see with almost all supernatural explainations, we dont have every fact. And to me we would have to know everything to even declare a miracle.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Its called a example, for a reason. It is way different, but consider both of my posts for a second together.

A natural explaination that is convulted(which is all i was trying to say by the santa example) is more likely then a supernatural one. And on miracle stories like the tatoo one you talked about(which sounds like bs on the surface anyway) where you don't have all the info. Assume natural till given good reason otherwise. See this problem i see with almost all supernatural explainations, we dont have every fact. And to me we would have to know everything to even declare a miracle.

You've got to admit, if you had a tattoo that disappeared overnight, you wouldn't be thinking "that's completely natural."

Guest Valk0010

You've got to admit, if you had a tattoo that disappeared overnight, you wouldn't be thinking "that's completely natural."

No i would think i am being lied to,by the person telling the story.(natural). If fact a big reason people would eat it up, outside the obvious, is actually why it smells fishy to me. It is a perfect moral lesson story, too perfect one might say.

I also would say i don't have all the facts so i cant say if its divine in origin.

I also think, doesnt god have more important shit to take care of, yet doesnt take care of.

Guest Perfect Insanity

No i would think i am being lied to,by the person telling the story.(natural)

Why would so many different people lie about their own testimonies?

Because they are deluded. Because of peer pressure. Because they want to believe in the divine. Same shit in any religion.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Because they are deluded. Because of peer pressure. Because they want to believe in the divine. Same shit in any religion.

Some of them are liars, but I have my doubts that all of them are.

Guest Valk0010

Not all of them actually lie. For example, i wouldnt say for example that a marian apparition is a lie, i would say that they would be a victim of brain power. I would also say some are speaking from a biased perspective(recalling events in a favorable way though it not actually being the case, untentionally). Also there is a ton of confirmation bias involved. There is no simple all encompassing answer to this, it depends on the story really.

But just a spilting hairs point, you committed a logic fallacy called appeal to a consensus. Essentially, truth is not decided by tge amount of people beliving in something.

Also what vix said about delusion is true, alot legit belive what there saying. But beliving simething happened and something actually happening are two different things.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Not all of them actually lie. For example, i wouldnt say for example that a marian apparition is a lie, i would say that they would be a victim of brain power. I would also say some are speaking from a biased perspective(recalling events in a favorable way though it not actually being the case, untentionally). Also there is a ton of confirmation bias involved. There is no simple all encompassing answer to this, it depends on the story really.

But just a spilting hairs point, you committed a logic fallacy called appeal to a consensus. Essentially, truth is not decided by tge amount of people beling something.

I'm just saying, dismissing every single supposedly miraculous testimony that has ever happened and just labeling them as unknown as of yet but definitely not God/demons/supernatural seems very.... something.

Guest Valk0010

I'm just saying, dismissing every single supposedly miraculous testimony that has ever happened and just labeling them as unknown as of yet but definitely not God/demons/supernatural seems very.... something.

Well then why not become a universalist and grant every single miraclous event for every religion?

Got to establish some sort of filtering criteria on things like this. Never ever seen a good one for going between different religions ever.

Somethung...add?

Guest Perfect Insanity

Well then why not become a universalist and grant every single miraclous event for every religion?

Nah....

Somethung...add?

Huh?

Guest Valk0010

Okay lets reverse the questiong some

Why do you think supernatural explainations only work for christian miracle claims, yet not other religions?

Guest Perfect Insanity

You said me saying ever single claim of miracles not veing true is something well... What

Seems ridiculous to dismiss every single one of them.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Why do you think supernatural explainations only work for christian miracle claims, yet not other religions?

I don't think that. I've just never heard any convincing stories from other religions.

Actually, I don't think I've heard any at all.

I honestly am confused by your persistent fear. I am very sorry you are still scared of such nonsense. But I never saw any of it demonstrated to me.

Also, I pretty much think, even if the god of Abraham does exist, and rules everything, and is such a sadistic bastard to wait and let the other shoe drop for most when it's TOO DAMN LATE to change their ways/beliefs, I'd rather burn. I won't bow before such a sadistic, obtuse, cruel god. If he wants us all saved, then he should SAVE US, not make it some fucking maze with the devil running through it. What an asshole.

Guess I got too angry too quickly to be cowed by fear - I don't like threats.

Guest Valk0010

I don't think that. I've just never heard any convincing stories from other religions.

Actually, I don't think I've heard any at all.

Still didnt answer the question, doesnt matter if you ever heard one.

Edit: reread your post stratch previous statement

But why do you think that?

Guest Perfect Insanity

I honestly am confused by your persistent fear. I am very sorry you are still scared of such nonsense. But I never saw any of it demonstrated to me.

I'm confused about it myself.

Also, I pretty much think, even if the god of Abraham does exist, and rules everything, and is such a sadistic bastard to wait and let the other shoe drop for most when it's TOO DAMN LATE to change their ways/beliefs, I'd rather burn. I won't bow before such a sadistic, obtuse, cruel god. If he wants us all saved, then he should SAVE US, not make it some fucking maze with the devil running through it. What an asshole.

Yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

Guess I got too angry too quickly to be cowed by fear - I don't like threats.

I'm angry too. But for me that doesn't override the fear. Both are there.

Guest Perfect Insanity

If I've never heard one, why should I assume there are any?

If there are any that are convincing, I'd like to hear them.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Edit: reread your post stratch previous statement

But why do you think that?

Why do I think that the Christian stories are the only valid ones? I don't. Like I said, they're the only ones I've heard. Ones dealing with Jesus, demons, etc.

Guest Valk0010

If I've never heard one, why should I assume there are any?

If there are any that are convincing, I'd like to hear them.

Because all religions are the same really, at least imo, different shades of the same stuff. You would be assuming a ton about religions in general to do otherwise. Think about though muslims for example would be like christians in this respect. Its late so i dont really have the time to research one for you. I assume this because only deism as far as religions im aware of says that god doesn't interfere. The rest grant prayers of some sort supposedly and also still are supposedly able to interfere in the world.

If the XIAN god does exist by some inexplicable means, I would refuse to bow down & follow "it" regardless. I would gladly go to hell and burn than serve that piece of shit, and right before I get sent to wherever that is(and if given the chance)I'd spit on the bastard.