Goodbye Jesus

How soon is "soon?"

Lizard

I have a prophecy.... Han Solo will be posting soon, if he posts soon, it is proof that the bible is not the true word of god and it shows that I am a true prophetess that speaks gods true message: Treat others well and do not steal or commit violent crimes. Other than that enjoy your life.

Our prophetess amazingly accurate prophecy comes true!!!

I read some of his books too, and some things I liked and some I didn't. It was during the time when my faith started to falter, and I didn't see his theology as bad at all, but in some ways his criticizm of traditional Christianity made me study deeper. His books was kind of the door away from my faith.

See Serenity Eternal Hell Fire thread where Han Solo just posted (#162).

Not according to me, TAP..time is what it is..regardless of our "perception" of same.

Hi, Lizard. I want you to know that my comment was basically tongue in cheek. I, too believe in a literal interpretation unless it's obvious otherwise.

Time is relative, though. See Merlin's post about the "dot" which is us.

Merlin, you did a good job explaining why 2000 years ago is just like yesterday. :HaHa:

I love ya. ;)

Hi, Lizard. I want you to know that my comment was basically tongue in cheek. I, too believe in a literal interpretation unless it's obvious otherwise.

Time is relative, though.  See Merlin's post about the "dot" which is us.

Merlin, you did a good job explaining why 2000 years ago is just like yesterday.  :HaHa:

I love ya. ;)

I kinda thought so...but I was in a weird place this morning..

I did see the post..actually, I saw the program. Science channel is running it ..with updated graphics. Its really cool..

I'm posting here because it has been foretold in the ancient (a few hours :) ) message :magic: , from the prophet, that is so should happen. :god:

I have come to tell you the truth, because I tell you the truth, and I never lie, so therefore you know I'm telling you the truth, because I do...eeeh :twitch: ... well, you get the point... but if anyone else say they tell they truth, they're lying :liar: , because I'm the only one that tells the truth, and no one else can say they do... because they don't... :wacko:

I bring you good tidings, be nice to each other! As it was said in the scriptures "Treat others well and do not steal or commit violent crimes. Other than that enjoy your life." (SerenityNow #25)

See Serenity Eternal Hell Fire thread where Han Solo just posted (#162).

And I posted there only because I felt compelled to do so, so it must have been divine guidance!!! But on the other hand, I feel compelled to post on this site all the time, so nothing was really different from other times... :HaHa:

Merlin, I saw that too!  It is awesome to think about.  And..I love Carl Sagan..I can't say "billions" without overstressing the "b"..

That little tiny white dot..that is us..

You said it. The guy was a genius, there's no doubt about it.

Time is relative, though.  See Merlin's post about the "dot" which is us.

Merlin, you did a good job explaining why 2000 years ago is just like yesterday.  :HaHa:

I love ya. ;)

2,000 years is yesterday when contrasted with 14 billion. When contrasted with 10,000... it's 1/5 of your life. Gets worse if you use 6,000... that's 1/3!

Hardly two days.

Note two: The bible prophecies I'm aware of were written within the context of a biblical generation - around 40 years.

Also... it also demonstrates how utterly irrelivant we are as a species.

The universe has been around for a while... it'll go on no matter what we say about it.

I kinda thought so...but I was in a weird place this morning..

I did see the post..actually, I saw the program.  Science channel is running it ..with updated graphics.  Its really cool..

I know. I was able to tape the first two episodes... and watch the rerun personally.

Mind-blowing. Utterly... totally... mind-blowing.

Truth be told, It really reminded me how much we truly know... and how much we don't.

And I posted there only because I felt compelled to do so, so it must have been divine guidance!!! But on the other hand, I feel compelled to post on this site all the time, so nothing was really different from other times... :HaHa:

Level 42, dude. All your questions will be answered... with a question.

:grin:

Merlin

What I find fascinating too, is that they still are finding galaxies they didn't know about.

Like the newly found dark galaxy:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0502...ark_galaxy.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/4288633.stm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...ark_matter.html

It wouldn't surprise me that in 20 years from now, they have discovered that the Universe is 100 times bigger than we think it is now, and that it has extremely more energy and mass too. And if I would speculate, it wouldn't surprise me if they discover that matter and energy actually does come into existence in space on a regular basis, and would destroy 2nd LoTD for Cosmology and reverse the problem with entropy, that would be a hell of a discovery... Hihi.

<<<smacks Merlin for getting to see Cosmos before I do.>>>

Prophets aren't supposed to see the future. Rather, they are supposed to see the present so clearly that predictions can sometimes be made about the future.

The character of Jesus, for instance, could be called a prophet because of his clear view of what was going on at present.

Carlyle's writing in the Victorian Age are seen as prophetic because he explains what is happening to society at present.

Prophets see the present, not the future.

From what I heard some time ago, is that the word "prophet" originally meant poet or musician. Like a trubadure. They would spread stories and news as songs and poems. Later the definition got mixed with what the "oracle" could do, foretell the future. But you're right Cerise, the original meaning was to tell and sing about current events.

Prompted from another discussion elsewhere..just how "soon" is soon?

Rev. 22:7 Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book.

Rev. 22:12 Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

Rev. 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

This reminds me of a piece of fiction I nearly wrote once, wherein the Second Coming sees what his fan club has been up to in the interim, denounces them publicly for their bigotry, cruelty and slandering of his name by their actions, and is of course ripped up by a ravening mob of Good God-Fearing Christians.

Because you know that's the sort of thing that would actually happen. :P

Tomorrow.  Yep. Absolutely. 

You mark my words.

Tomorrow.

Or maybe the day after tomorrow. But no later than that, you mark my word.

There's this kid that likes to chat with me on MSN and he has changed his username to "JESUS IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW!!!!!! ARE YOU READY???"

So our conversation looks something like this:

JESUS IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW!!!!!! ARE YOU READY??? says: Hi there, how are you?

Libby says: Hey there, fine. You?

JESUS IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW!!!!!! ARE YOU READY??? says: I'm fine. I'm working on my website [so I can save hundreds and thousands of lost souls]

Libby says: Oh good. Glad to hear it.

JESUS IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW!!!!!! ARE YOU READY??? says: Yea. It's cool.

:Doh:

:lmao: THAT one would be blocked on mine..though it is kinda funny..

JESUS IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW!!!!! ARE YOU READY??? says: Yeah its cool.

:lmao: