Goodbye Jesus

Still Angry

Xerces

It has been some time since I left xtianity. The anger is supposed to dissipate the longer you've been away from it right? But I am still angry, I'm angry at everything an xian is and stands for, I think their religion is just about as important as a shit stain on your new leather seat BMW.

Because I live in the bible belt I find myself often irritated at people, even the people I know on face book, I sometimes don't even want them on my facebook because they're so fucking knuckle deep in their religious beliefs and it pisses me off, and when I try to discuss it with them its like talking to a piece of cardboard.

Right now I am foregoing college to save up money to move out of here, away from it all to be with my friend in WA state, and potentially more than a friend, but I won't go into that. Don't get me wrong it is not all bad, people seem to be nice, I even have a really good friend that wishes Obama would be shot and says Jews are gods chosen, it annoys the piss out of me but I adore her friendship.

That is something I could not do when I was a christian, I could not bring myself to have sinful friends, my parents taught me that whole unequally yoked bullshit, and force fed me abunch of shit so I would try to religionize every aspect of my life, from what music I listened to and the other shit.

But I mean, sometimes I wish I did not have this anger, but I always find myself coming back to it, thinking to myself, "how can they believe in that horse shit? why don't they ask questions? why?". I dunno, I'm really eccentric so I have a lot of odds and ends about me, there is a lot of stuff that makes me mad, but nothing makes me more angry than religion.

Guest I Love Dog

It has been some time since I left xtianity. The anger is supposed to dissipate the longer you've been away from it right? But I am still angry, I'm angry at everything an xian is and stands for, I think their religion is just about as important as a shit stain on your new leather seat BMW.

But I mean, sometimes I wish I did not have this anger, but I always find myself coming back to it, thinking to myself, "how can they believe in that horse shit? why don't they ask questions? why?". I dunno, I'm really eccentric so I have a lot of odds and ends about me, there is a lot of stuff that makes me mad, but nothing makes me more angry than religion.

:grin:

Sometimes it's like that, sometimes it goes away and then reappears.

I've been an exX for more than 50 years and have only just started getting seriously angry about what xianity has done and is continuing to do it when it's all a load of imaginary, invented rubbish!

I spent some time today on http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/religion.htm and it's fascinating! There's a whole book on there explaining how much of Christianity was "borrowed" from Egyptian religion, including the triune god.

Christians don't believe that Egyptian gods existed but they are happy to worship the Jewish imaginary god! Work that one out!

Yes, it's true that the Jews/Hewbrews/Israelites were god's chosen ones. The Hebrew scribes say so in the OT. The Hewbrews/Canaanites chose Yahweh to be their only god out of the many that they worshiped, so it worked both ways. They were there for each other, nice and neat.

Guest Valk0010

I think, once you get out of the bible belt things will get a lot easier for you. I live in Washington state, so outside of family and the occasional stranger I rarely run into religious people. I find myself as about as non-angry as I am going to be.

I think, once you get out of the bible belt things will get a lot easier for you. I live in Washington state, so outside of family and the occasional stranger I rarely run into religious people. I find myself as about as non-angry as I am going to be.

I agree with this. I expect that being constantly surrounded by people and general culture that reminds of xianity and all that it has done to yourself and the world around you will make it much more difficult to ease the anger. Also not having many likeminded friends may also make it difficult to express the anger and I think expressing and truly feeling yourself vent it is all part of the *healing* process. I still get angry about it at times but I've definitely moved out of the consistently angry phase for now and one of the things that helped was totell someone what I was thinking/feeling and then talking ti through. Quite often if I don't speak the anger the words just keep going round and roound my head getting more irate about it. I had to find new people to talk to and share my thoughts with but it really helped.