Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

The money I had left in my Girl Scout fund at the end of this year went to charity- over 100 dollars. to Doctors without Borders, which is a pretty awesome program. Our group decided not to take a trip in the end, partially because we were all so busy- I like this outcome better of donating the group funds. (Yes, I somehow managed to be a Girl Scout for about 12 years, even though the past few years were less involved as other things came up in life)

I looked at that one too. I was really tempted, since I'm a doctor, but I figured that in the short run food would be more important and, if I were really sincere about donating to Doctors witout borders, I'd volunteer my time and energy rather than money. Not much chance of that given my current situation, but maybe some day...

Sadly, I have little medical background (I'm certified in CPR and First Aid, that's it), so the most I can do for Doctors without Borders is to send money- It's different from the Red Cross, and I know what they tend to need is medical supplies more than anything, so it's still a worthy cause. And now that I actually can donate money myself personally (because of my age, I'm now old enough to own a credit card), I'll be more likely to donate directly to a charity organization when something happens.

I also try to donate Blood when I can- I haven't this summer yet because I've been iron deficient, and then I got put on new meds, so I want to wait to adjust to the meds before I try again. I know colleges run blood drives, so I'm going to try and get to a couple this year.

The money I had left in my Girl Scout fund at the end of this year went to charity- over 100 dollars. to Doctors without Borders, which is a pretty awesome program. Our group decided not to take a trip in the end, partially because we were all so busy- I like this outcome better of donating the group funds. (Yes, I somehow managed to be a Girl Scout for about 12 years, even though the past few years were less involved as other things came up in life)

I looked at that one too. I was really tempted, since I'm a doctor, but I figured that in the short run food would be more important and, if I were really sincere about donating to Doctors witout borders, I'd volunteer my time and energy rather than money. Not much chance of that given my current situation, but maybe some day...

Sadly, I have little medical background (I'm certified in CPR and First Aid, that's it), so the most I can do for Doctors without Borders is to send money- It's different from the Red Cross, and I know what they tend to need is medical supplies more than anything, so it's still a worthy cause. And now that I actually can donate money myself personally (because of my age, I'm now old enough to own a credit card), I'll be more likely to donate directly to a charity organization when something happens.

I also try to donate Blood when I can- I haven't this summer yet because I've been iron deficient, and then I got put on new meds, so I want to wait to adjust to the meds before I try again. I know colleges run blood drives, so I'm going to try and get to a couple this year.

There are indeed a lot of good organizations. I looked at several, but some were more interested in support for their general operation than for any specific relief, and I felt a little uneasy about that.

I used to donate blood as well, but after I returned from Desert Storm I couldn't for a long time, and I'm still not sure of my status because of the Anthrax vaccine I received and now some medications I'm taking.

Blood for the young, money for the old. such is life.

One would think that someone here to preach (so that we convert and are saved from eternal hellfire) would not put ANYBODY on ignore in hopes that they'd come around, especially if they buy into the whole xian martyr thing while the worst they have heard are challenges.

If you came here to preach, why put anyone on ignore?

Well,since she's here to preach and not to listen she's only being consequent at least in something :)

• Like 1

About the virus: I clicked it, but I think my comp is alright, since I'm on a mac and my virus detection software didn't ring any bells on a scan, but jeez, I hate those types of sites. I might want to run a thorough scan before I forget about it, though... Seems mostly like a harmless virus, though- more a practical joke than anything else.

I have a Mac, but no virus scanner. Dammit. WTF.

:blackeye:

I also have a mac. I've been fooled into clicking on the "Rick Roll" thing three or four times in the past, including this time. Sometimes I've had to actually remove the battery from my laptop to get it to shut off. This time I only had to push apple-Q. In every case, no harm done. I love my almost-virus-proof mac!

Woo-hoo Macs!

P

Woo-hoo Macs!

P

Heck yeah! :woohoo:

Realist,

You are on ignore now too....reason? Name calling. I dont call you names, I would like the same respect in return.

*Bye Bye*

That's all it takes, name-calling? I called you a bitch a while back and I don't think I'm on ignore (another one of your half-truths). But hopefully I will be now:

You are the most sanctimonious, egotistical, deluded, lying bitch I've seen on this website in the 5+ years I've been coming here. Congratulations.

... no ... I just touched too close to the truth for her .... it was just her chance to get rid of me!

I guess it's similar to me too. I'm pretty darn certain I didn't say anything offensive to her personally, because I'm normally careful about that sort of thing. Possibly I said something sacreligious. So she would have used that as an excuse to avoid having to read any more of my posts. I guess there's only so many times you can take a powerful argument, go to another website and try to get answers from your clueless Christian friends. Especially when those friends can't give convincing arguments themselves. I know what it's like myself as a Chrisitian, recieving a challenge that you can't come up with a good excuse for. It niggles at you and niggles at you, undermining your faith. Far easier just to avoid those challenges, block your ears and say "Nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you!"

If you came here to preach, why put anyone on ignore? Whatever happened to turning the other cheek, blessing those who curse you, etc?

In Justyna's own words, "That's no fun"...... lmao_99.gif

Or, "I don't pay much attention to that, it doesn't interest me."

... Justyna just puts her god on "ignore" too when it suits her!

Like last year when she rebelled against God and took up serving Satan instead.

We all deserve hell...

Absolutely false. There is not one being anywhere in the universe that deserves eternal torment.

It is ONLY through Christ's blood that we are saved.

To say 'yes' to the blood sacrifice of an innocent man -- Mythical or not -- is a thoroughly dishonourable and despicable act. A god that would make such a thing the price for entry into its heaven is not good and is not to be trusted.

So good works is not good enough.

It'll have to be good enough -- Good works are all we've got to offer the world. Prayer, meditation, good thoughts and the like might make one feel better, but they don't bake any bread or build any houses.

My dad worked, he ran his own business. He was gone A LOT. He could not have possibly made it to my competitions and my performances and things like that. Why? Cause he had to work to support his family so that we COULD do the things we wanted.<SNIP> That is why he lost his family and his wife and kids. Did I want to be close to him? Yes. Did I want him to spend time with me? Yes. Was he able to work the way he worked AND spend time with us? NO...no, no, no, no. no. It was one or the other....My dad did not have that choice. He wanted to give us a better life. So I sought God, and I wanted to be close to Him. I found in Him what I didnt find in my dad...

I haven't read the posts about your father except for this one. So, I don't know about your relationship with your father presently. He did give you life and sacrificed much so you wouldn't have to struggle (like he did) or live in poverty. So, may I suggest something? Could you try to connect with him without the references to God and the Bible? He already knows what you believe. He may not respect your beliefs, but I would think he loves and respects his own daughter (even if it seems like he doesn't). He probably feels anger towards your Christian beliefs, not you. I would like to think that you can do this in order to regain your relationship with him. After all, we wouldn't be here without our parents.

It is tragic when religion divides families. Though that's exactly what the N.T. is about, and it isn't right. Perhaps you can find the good in your father by walking metaphorically in his shoes. It sounds like they are big shoes to fill.

My dad worked, he ran his own business. He was gone A LOT. He could not have possibly made it to my competitions and my performances and things like that. Why? Cause he had to work to support his family so that we COULD do the things we wanted.<SNIP> That is why he lost his family and his wife and kids. Did I want to be close to him? Yes. Did I want him to spend time with me? Yes. Was he able to work the way he worked AND spend time with us? NO...no, no, no, no. no. It was one or the other....My dad did not have that choice. He wanted to give us a better life. So I sought God, and I wanted to be close to Him. I found in Him what I didnt find in my dad...

I haven't read the posts about your father except for this one. So, I don't know about your relationship with your father presently. He did give you life and sacrificed much so you wouldn't have to struggle (like he did) or live in poverty. So, may I suggest something? Could you try to connect with him without the references to God and the Bible? He already knows what you believe. He may not respect your beliefs, but I would think he loves and respects his own daughter (even if it seems like he doesn't). He probably feels anger towards your Christian beliefs, not you. I would like to think that you can do this in order to regain your relationship with him. After all, we wouldn't be here without our parents.

It is tragic when religion divides families. Though that's exactly what the N.T. is about, and it isn't right. Perhaps you can find the good in your father by walking metaphorically in his shoes. It sounds like they are big shoes to fill.

That post is evident alone that it was her father and not her god that provided her such a good and comfortable life.

Guest Justyna

Well its sort of hard now because of everything that happened...also we are thousands and thousands of miles apart. We only have e-mail and phone calls to work with. I have not talked to him for over 6 months now. Everytime he calls my sister, I tell her to tell him I am not there. I just dont see how we can have a relationship if he cannot accept me for who I am and for what I believe. Its his fault we no longer talk. When I was with him, I NEVER tried to get him to believe. Instead he would try to get me to deconvert (hence why I came here to the boards and almost did). Anyway..I dont see it working out anytime soon. I am not going to say never but not in the near future. My life is good without him and without him telling me that I am "brain-washed" and that I wont "amount to anything because I am a Christain." I dont care what he thinks anymore, I do what I want. I dont need his support nor his approval. Im better off without him. Maybe oneday we will see each other, I am not opposed to that, but he needs to come here...Im not going over there anymore.

Well its sort of hard now because of everything that happened...also we are thousands and thousands of miles apart. We only have e-mail and phone calls to work with. I have not talked to him for over 6 months now. Everytime he calls my sister, I tell her to tell him I am not there. I just dont see how we can have a relationship if he cannot accept me for who I am and for what I believe. Its his fault we no longer talk. When I was with him, I NEVER tried to get him to believe. Instead he would try to get me to deconvert (hence why I came here to the boards and almost did). Anyway..I dont see it working out anytime soon. I am not going to say never but not in the near future. My life is good without him and without him telling me that I am "brain-washed" and that I wont "amount to anything because I am a Christain." I dont care what he thinks anymore, I do what I want. I dont need his support nor his approval. Im better off without him. Maybe oneday we will see each other, I am not opposed to that, but he needs to come here...Im not going over there anymore.

So you think it sucks that your dad won't accept you for who you are.

But you think it's okay for you to come here and not accept us for who and what we are?

I think that's the height of hypocrisy, Justyna. You should take a long hard look at yourself.

Guest Justyna

I really dont need my father for anything. I have God and He fulfills all my needs. God is a much better Father to me than my earthly father ever was. Do you know when I will see my earlthy father again? Probably when God gives me my own ministry oneday and my father comes to the altar to get saved! :)

P.S Putting people on ignore IS turnig the other cheek. If I was not turning the other cheeck, then I would resort to name calling in return..but I am not. Also when somone is on my ignore list, they can still read my posts and come to know God through them. It does not stop my preaching.

Guest Justyna

So you think it sucks that your dad won't accept you for who you are.

But you think it's okay for you to come here and not accept us for who and what we are?

I think that's the height of hypocrisy, Justyna. You should take a long hard look at yourself.

I accept people here....I am just called to ministry and so I am sharing God's Word here. Also I dont know people here personally, my father should accept me because I am his own flesh and blood, his family. Anyway, he told me before I left that he blames himself for the reason I am "so Christian." I dont mind. Maybe if my father was a perfect dad, then I would not have gotten to know Jesus the way I did. It all worked out in the end.

I really dont need my father for anything. I have God and He fulfills all my needs. God is a much better Father to me than my earthly father ever was. Do you know when I will see my earlthy father again? Probably when God gives me my own ministry oneday and my father comes to the altar to get saved! :)

P.S Putting people on ignore IS turnig the other cheek. If I was not turning the other cheeck, then I would resort to name calling in return..but I am not. Also when somone is on my ignore list, they can still read my posts and come to know God through them. It does not stop my preaching.

Ignoring people is not turning the other cheek. Turning the other cheek requires effort, self control, and patience. Ignoring them teaches you none of these things. Don't tell us you're turning the other cheek. You're ego is just too big for you to stomach any criticism. That's the lazy option. A mature person deals with criticism as it comes up, and doesn't ignore it.

You might think you are 'called to ministry' but that doesn't give you an excuse to insult people. You're just using it as an excuse to be rude and unpleasant to others to satisfy your own ego.

Guest Justyna

Ignoring people is not turning the other cheek. Turning the other cheek requires effort, self control, and patience. Ignoring them teaches you none of these things. Don't tell us you're turning the other cheek. You're ego is just too big for you to stomach any criticism. That's the lazy option. A mature person deals with criticism as it comes up, and doesn't ignore it.

I think it is turning the other cheek. Besides if they had something good to say, instead of just calling me names, then I would listen and not put them on ignore. I dont see what good will come out of reading comments from people who are ONLY calling me names. I dont put people on ignore who challenge me or disagree with me, just those who will not contribute to the discussion with name calling. I think that is fair..I like that approach and am happy with it. I will continue with it.

Guest Justyna

Umm..the truth is insulting. Thats just how it is. To find out that you are serving satan if you are not serving Jesus, is probably insulting to some people here. I dont apologize for that because that is what the Word says.

I think it is turning the other cheek. Besides if they had something good to say, instead of just calling me names, then I would listen and not put them on ignore. I dont see what good will come out of reading comments from people who are ONLY calling me names. I dont put people on ignore who challenge me or disagree with me, just those who will not contribute to the discussion with name calling. I think that is fair..I like that approach and am happy with it. I will continue with it.

I've read these posts, you haven't. Some of these people are NOT just calling you names. THey are pointing out some pretty serious flaws in your behaviour that you should address. To ignore this is childish. You're just trying to take the easy way out and not deal with the consequences of your behaviour.

Umm..the truth is insulting. Thats just how it is. To find out that you are serving satan if you are not serving Jesus, is probably insulting to some people here. I dont apologize for that because that is what the Word says.

Even a fool looks wise if she keeps her mouth shut. That's in the bible too, Justyna. Maybe you should stop spouting your nonsense.

Guest Justyna

Donna,

I am going to use the ignore button if I want..I dont feel bad about it either. That is why its there. Why should I feel bad about it? I dont. Also those that are on my ignore list did call me names. I read what I write.

I sure wish I knew which post I wrote where I called Justyna names

Donna,

I am going to use the ignore button if I want..I dont feel bad about it either. That is why its there. Why should I feel bad about it? I dont. Also those that are on my ignore list did call me names. I read what I write.

I still take it as evidence that you are being shallow and childish if you can't handle criticism. And you'll never learn to handle criticism if you just block it out and ignore it.

You'll never mature as a person, and this will have dramatic consequences for your future ministry, because nobody wants advice from someone who can't manage their own life and behaviour.

You should fix this stuff before you start trying to fix other people's lives.

Donna,

Oh then, in that case – you’re a blithering idiot, only bested by your insane disposition.

Ignore away – you bat-shit crazy christian whack-job.

--S.

Guest Justyna

Donna,

I still take it as evidence that you are being shallow and childish if you can't handle criticism. And you'll never learn to handle criticism if you just block it out and ignore it.

You'll never mature as a person, and this will have dramatic consequences for your future ministry, because nobody wants advice from someone who can't manage their own life and behaviour.

You should fix this stuff before you start trying to fix other people's lives.

Seriously I dont even know what you are talking about when you said that. Like I have no clue what you are referring to here. I know I need to grow as a Christian, Ive only been back for a year. God is growing me daily and He will continue to do so each day.

OnceConvinced,

You are not on ignore...I just cant always answer all the questions since there have been an abnormal amount of people here in this thread as of lately.