Goodbye Jesus

Pizza Deliveries

Neon Genesis

Is it just me or do pizza deliveries never get their cheese cooked right? Like one time we got Papa John's and the cheese was just cold and clammy even though normally they're pretty good. The last time we got Pizza Hut, it was fine the first night we got it but when I had it for leftovers, I started vomiting it back up. It seems like at most pizza deliveries the cheese either doesn't taste like it's cooked well the first time or it makes me sick to have it for leftovers which irritates me since I like pizza. The only pizza restaurant around here who still cooks their pizza just right is CiCi's. They're still my favorite now because their cheese is always just right, it doesn't make me sick to eat it for leftovers, and I like the variety of different flavors they have. Does anyone else have the same annoyance with pizza deliveries that I do?

The only pizza restaurant around here who still cooks their pizza just right is CiCi's.

Really?? Wow. Well, tastes differ. While I don't mind eating there, my nickname for CiCi's is "Feces Pizza".

Of course, I also prefer Mad Dog to any $100 bottle of wine, so I have little room to criticise taste.

Since Papa John's has done the "we fucked up, now we got it right" campaign, they've been pretty good in this area. And I love that the major chains are in a mini price-war. Quality also varies according to the hour, i.e. busiest times=lousiest pie.

There's only one pizza that delivers around here- and it's a local business. I never like recooking pizza because the dough turns... really doughy and sort of gummy, though. But so do Sunday Hashbrowns, for that matter. Anyways, I don't know much about delivery- I don't get it very often.

I've noticed that reheating pizza in an oven is a little better than reheating in a microwave.

I've noticed that reheating pizza in an oven is a little better than reheating in a microwave.

I don't have the patience to reheat in an oven, though. I'm just lazy... of course, cold pizza is alright, too.

I never reheat pizza, cold pizza is the best breakfast food.

The only pizza restaurant around here who still cooks their pizza just right is CiCi's.

Really?? Wow. Well, tastes differ. While I don't mind eating there, my nickname for CiCi's is "Feces Pizza".

My girlfriend's from Italy. I don't know if the Cici's in my hometown (Southern California) is the same one you're talking about, but she thought it was really weird. She didn't quite know what to make of American pizza.

Is it just me or does pizza look like a vagina?

I have taken a liking to the pizza the local Costco makes. Buy a large for $10 and it lasts you all week and tastes fairly good in my opinion thought I'll still get the occasional Black Jack or Papa Johns pizza.

What? What pizza have you been eating? But then again, you are a gay man, so you're view on what a vagina looks like will differ from that of a straight man.

I have been eating Little Caesar's mainly because of the price and that I can go in and come out of the store in less than a minute. This is a testament to the free market, but when Little Caesar's opened a store in my town, the prices of the pizza places drastically went down.

Never thought of that. But I'm sure to laugh the next time I have a pizza.

CiCi's pizza: bottom of the barrel in my book. Papa John's also fell into that category for me despite their widespread popularity, but I was unaware that they had a "we fucked up, now we got it right" campaign. I guess I'll have to try again. Speaking of "we fucked up, now we got it right" campaigns, Domino's rose from mediocrity to one of the better of the ubiquitous, mass production pizza chains. Pizza Hut still edges out as the best of the ubiquitous, mass produced pizza.

SilentLoner is spot on, cold pizza is the ultimate breakfast food.

As for pizza looking like a vagina, ???

These are my personal opinions only, since with pizza more than anything else, YMMV.

Thats my quote of the day.

My only problem with pizza deliveries is when the pizza delivery guy won't come inside and roll you over on the couch so you don't get bedsores.

In some social circles I used to frequent, 'cold pizza' is actually a euphemism for group sex. So if you like that for breakfast, more power to ya.

I have to bake my own pizza. I can't eat grains, so I make mine from scratch with nut flours.

So my cheese always comes out perfect and it's excellent breakfast food too. :woohoo:

After spending all that time in Italy I've become something of a pizza snob.

Once, my girlfriend was reading an article in an American womens' magazine about foods to avoid if you're looking to lose (or not gain) weight. Pizza was high on the list of foods to be avoided or minimized. She asked me "pizza? I don't understand, why did they put pizza on the list?"

I said, "next time you're in America, you'll find out." :wicked:

Over there the pizzas are smaller and thinner and they don't put nearly as much glop on it, though there's much more variety in terms of ingredients and whatnot, and it's not considered truly true pizza unless the person making it got a certification from the Italian government after going to a special pizza chef school. Many Italians can go on and on in great detail about how the crust, cheese, etc., is supposed to be, and will almost sound like wine snobs. If made a certain way it can even count as "healthy", and otherwise it's not seen as particularly unhealthy unless you get one with four different cheeses on it or something.

The average Joe Six-Pack, were you to put a proper Italian pizza in front of him without telling him what it was, would go "what the fuck is this fancy ass yuppie shit? This ain't real pizza!!!" I say that because that was my reaction in years past whenever I'd be at some halfway fancy place (by my Okie/Mexican standards) in L.A. and they'd put something similar in front of me. Little did I know....

With that said, while acknowledging the superiority (in terms of nutrition and ingredients/flavor/texture) and authenticity of actual Italian pizza, I did find myself missing the higher end American pizza places where, despite it not being the usual cheap crap like Pizza Hut or Domino's, they glop all kinds of stuff on it and the cheese is as thick as my finger. The only place over there I remember being kinda like that was down in Croatia, though it was in an area with many ethnic Italians (Istrian Peninsula, to be exact).

• Super Moderator
Since Papa John's has done the "we fucked up, now we got it right" campaign,

I thought that was Domino's.

Anyway, I find that pizza from a local independent shop is well worth the extra cost compared to the national chain stores. When it comes to food for enjoyment as opposed to mere sustenance, I want it from somebody who sells their product based on taste and quality, not the cheapest price and a free liter of Pepsi.

I also perceive a difference in a pizza made for some anonymous phone order and one made for someone standing there, waiting, watching, and talking to the staff.

I haven't been impressed with delivered pies. They're either cold, the oil has separated or the toppings slid to one side. After baking, the delivery hot box seems to degrade the pizza. Once made, a pizza should be left to slowly cool, not be immediately stuffed into a hot, humid pouch. If you MUST have a pizza delivered, request that it isn't transported in the hot pouch. Eat it cold or reheat it in your own oven (not microwave).

Yes, I'm serious about pizza!

I'm gonna need a visual aid for that one.

• Super Moderator

There's a joke about anchovies in there somewhere.

I'm guessing you never ate a taco???

Anyway, I find that pizza from a local independent shop is well worth the extra cost compared to the national chain stores. When it comes to food for enjoyment as opposed to mere sustenance, I want it from somebody who sells their product based on taste and quality, not the cheapest price and a free liter of Pepsi.

I used to get a pizza from a place called Raphael's because it was ssooooo goooodd; I didn't mind paying ten bucks for a small pizza (granted, they gave you two) but then the taste sorta went funky after a while.

Long John's randomly has a fish taco. x.X

Long John's randomly has a fish taco. x.X

That's about as close to cunnilingus as you will want to get. :P

Since Papa John's has done the "we fucked up, now we got it right" campaign,

I thought that was Domino's.

Papa Jomino's Hut? Meh.

I'm easy to please. I can be satisfied with cheap pizza. I do appreciate great pizza. There's a local place here in Panama City that makes their own pizza dough and sauce from scratch, and their pizza blows Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Pappa Johns out of the water. However, I can still enjoy eating at Feces(CiCi's) pizza or even a frozen pizza out of the fridge. There is however, a place called Hungry Howies here locally whose pizza absolutely fucking sucks, especially as leftover pizza. I just as well eat a bowl of some shitty cereal for breakfast as eat leftover Hungry Howie's Pizza.