Goodbye Jesus

Christianity is Terrorism

Mythra

Here is the definition of terrorism, as defined by Merriam-Webster's dictionary of law:

"The calculated violence or threat of violence against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear"

Now then. Let me ask you. Just suppose hell were real. Hey. I said suppose.

Let's also suppose that you lived somewhere where Al Qaeda had a chance to get to you with a bomb, or whatever.

What would you be more afraid of? Al Qaeda killing you - or torment and screaming and gnashing of teeth and weeping and agony for ever and ever and ever.

Now, someone please tell why christianity is not terrorism.

But that's totally different! Al Quaeda would kill you out of hatred, but God sends you to Hell out of PURE LOVE!!!

:lmao:

This shouldn't be surprising, considering that the religion came out of the very same region that created Al Qaida (er, however you spell it). What is surprising is that so many people in this day and age still take it literally.

I still maintain that the only reason Christianity isn't like the Taliban is because of secular government. Take away reasoned restraint and you in fact do have the same thing as what we saw under the religious rule of the Taliban. Thank God for atheists! :lmao:

I still maintain that the only reason Christianity isn't like the Taliban is because of secular government.  Take away reasoned restraint and you in fact do have the same thing as what we saw under the religious rule of the Taliban.  Thank God for atheists!  :lmao:

Yeah, no kidding. I don't know how many times I've seen this happen. Freethinkers and radicals pushing humanity forward with new(read: HERETICAL) thinking, then once it catches on(assuming the bible thumpers don't stomp it to death) they say 'Hey! That was our idea first! Stop persecuting us!' :ugh:

Uhm... no. It wasn't.

Merlin

But that's totally different! Al Quaeda would kill you out of hatred, but God sends you to Hell out of PURE LOVE!!!

:lmao:

Umm... no fear involved... so not terrorism? Maybe manipulation or brainwashing?

Umm... no fear involved... so not terrorism? Maybe manipulation or brainwashing?

But there is fear and terror involved. Fear of punishment, fear of reprisal, terror at the idea of "eternal separation from GAWD" and hideous torment for time infinite.

That whole "Fear of GAWD" thing, yanno?

Plus, "Love and worship me UNCONDITIONALLY, bitch, OR ELSE!!!" sounds an awful lot like the threats terrorists have been using the past couple decades - "Do what we say, exactly how we say it, bitch, OR ELSE!!!"

"Do what we say, exactly how we say it, bitch, OR ELSE!!!"

This is exactly what my mother in-law says (minus the 'we's insert 'I') to me whenever we're alone. :twitch:

I'm not sure why she always waits until we're alone, but she does. :shrug:

:wicked:

:HaHa:

But there is fear and terror involved. Fear of punishment, fear of reprisal, terror at the idea of "eternal separation from GAWD" and hideous torment for time infinite.

That whole "Fear of GAWD" thing, yanno?

Plus, "Love and worship me UNCONDITIONALLY, bitch, OR ELSE!!!" sounds an awful lot like the threats terrorists have been using the past couple decades - "Do what we say, exactly how we say it, bitch, OR ELSE!!!"

What if I do it willingly... without the fear but with His love?

"Love me and I'll bless you bountifully whether you want it or not"

Then you have to ask yourself why you're kissing the Divine Ass.

Besides, I have this feeling that you're not doing it willingly - you've just told yourself you are because that way you don't have to own up.

Love undergirded with threat.

As if the god of the Jews wasn't evil enough, now we have the NT authors giving us "precious" jesus trying to make everyone believe he's the same god as of the Jews, who has a much more darker side than that of the Yahweh! 

Maybe manipulation or brainwashing?

I agree with SN and pug. Abrahamic God = Mind-fuck

cheers,

cho

No, it's FEAR! Do you know the gospel story? Do you know that you are a wretched sinner and are going to hell?? You need a SAVIOUR to SAVE you from hell!! Read some Chick tracts and check out how HAPPY the people are BEFORE they hear the gospel, which immediately fill them with FEAR, which cause them to become Christians.

Evangelizing is all about fear. Convince the sucker he's going to suffer and you've got him.

<edit tu fix my spellig erorr.>

No, it's FEAR! ...<snip>... check out how HAPPY the people are BEFORE they hear the gospel, which immediately fill them with FEAR, which cause them to become Christians.

Evengalizing is all about fear.  Convince the sucker he's going to suffer and you've got him.

Fear, it is!

Matthew 8:12 -But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:28 -There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Evangelizing is all about fear.  Convince the sucker he's going to suffer and you've got him.

This is also know as slashing someone's arm open so you can sell them a bandage.

Fear, it is!

Matthew 8:12  -But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:28  -There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

I've always loved the "accept his unconditional love or else he'll kill you" approach to becoming a "believer". What the hell kind of love is it at the end of a gun? Only sick perverts with mental problems find that sort of love meaningful to them! The best explanation for this bizarre contradiction in the bible is that it's written by humans without any divine guidance. (That and about 20,000 other reasons)

Only sick perverts with mental problems find that sort of love meaningful to them!

Or people with extremely low self-esteem, whom Christianity preys on. The problem is that loving an imaginary friend and thinking your imaginary friend loves you does NOT subsitute for real human relationships.

No, it's FEAR! Do you know the gospel story?  Do you know that you are a wretched sinner and are going to hell??  You need a SAVIOUR to SAVE you from hell!!  Read some Chick tracts and check out how HAPPY the people are BEFORE they hear the gospel, which immediately fill them with FEAR, which cause them to become Christians.

Evangelizing is all about fear.  Convince the sucker he's going to suffer and you've got him.

<edit tu fix my spellig erorr.>

WHAT are Chick Tracts? I heard of this, but never read them or looked at them. I still don't know who they are or what their point is, but this is very disturbing. I didn't know this RCC POV!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

0071_02.gif

from 1985 apparently.

I have to spend some time on this site. I didn't realize there was such a case against the RCC's validity, apparently by other Christians?

I must have missed a lot of digs because I didn't know where they were coming from.

0071_20.gif

Is this a well known thing? Chick Tracts?

What denomination would they be? Orthodox Christian? no sect, just pure Bible-Only, that's the authority, end of story -- whatever IT says is true, everything else is false.

from http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0047/0047_01.asp

0047_05.gif

0047_08.gif

So basically, they denounce and dismiss EVERY single sect, denomination, and other religion, except for one specific bible-based one of orthodoxy. So they pretty much prove all the Other's are False?

So showing the bible can't be what they say it is, they are false too? At best, it leaves us all with just NO Truth except what we feel and believe, within. At worst, Chaos.

Oh, yeah, what we have, Today. LOL

Only sick perverts with mental problems find that sort of love meaningful to them! 
Or people with extremely low self-esteem, whom Christianity preys on.  The problem is that loving an imaginary friend and thinking your imaginary friend loves you does NOT subsitute for real human relationships.

Or young people especially, who are coming to terms with their own identity and struggling with all kinds of insecurity issues, or rejection by their parents, their family or their peers. Children and young people can be exceedingly cruel.

Christianity is no substitute for love.

What denomination would they be?  Orthodox Christian?  no sect, just pure Bible-Only, that's the authority, end of story -- whatever IT says is true, everything else is false...

So showing the bible can't be what they say it is, they are false too?  At best, it leaves us all with just NO Truth except what we feel and believe, within.  At worst, Chaos.

Oh, yeah, what we have, Today.  LOL

Go here to see more info on Jack Chick. His tracts are pretty famous but I think they were a lot more popular back in the seventies and eighties. Most or all of them are so full of bullshit that it will make your nose hurt. But he preaches the bible as he sees it and everyone else is GOING TO HELL!!! The parodies of his tracts are great. There are some links here on our site, as well as on the first link.

Be careful about pasting actual Chick material here or anywhere. He's whacko and would love to have an excuse to sue us heathens.

It's really amazing that Chick compares Virgin Mary to Isis, while at the same time he can't see the resemblance of Jesus and Horus or the other similarities between Christianity and Pagan cults. All the numerological mysticism, the cross vs pagan midsummer pole, fish/fishermen as fertility symolism, baptism, being reborn, frikkin everything is pagan, and yet Chick take the approach of: "Well, only this little detail, that I personally don't like, is pagan, but everything else is not."

It's really amazing that Chick compares Virgin Mary to Isis, while at the same time he can't see the resemblance of Jesus and Horus or the other similarities between Christianity and Pagan cults. All the numerological mysticism, the cross vs pagan midsummer pole, fish/fishermen as fertility symolism, baptism, being reborn, frikkin everything is pagan, and yet Chick take the approach of: "Well, only this little detail, that I personally don't like, is pagan, but everything else is not."

everyone points fingers at everyone else, but themselves. That's what I think is amazing, everyone has successfully refuted everyone else's beliefs, so everyone has pretty much proved ALL are incorrect.

Go here to see more info on Jack Chick.  His tracts are pretty famous but I think they were a lot more popular back in the seventies and eighties.  Most or all of them are so full of bullshit that it will make your nose hurt.  But he preaches the bible as he sees it and everyone else is GOING TO HELL!!!  The parodies of his tracts are great.  There are some links here on our site, as well as on the first link. 

Be careful about pasting actual Chick material here or anywhere. He's whacko and would love to have an excuse to sue us heathens.

that's funny, my two above posts don't seem to have an EDIT button any more.. so the image links will stay I guess.

thanks for the other links, will check 'em out