Goodbye Jesus

Christianity is Terrorism

Mythra

Go here to see more info on Jack Chick.  His tracts are pretty famous but I think they were a lot more popular back in the seventies and eighties.  Most or all of them are so full of bullshit that it will make your nose hurt.  But he preaches the bible as he sees it and everyone else is GOING TO HELL!!!  The parodies of his tracts are great.  There are some links here on our site, as well as on the first link. 

Be careful about pasting actual Chick material here or anywhere. He's whacko and would love to have an excuse to sue us heathens.

Excellent stuff. dtr_13.gif

But that's what's great, if he can prove Every Other denomination wrong and misguided, then show how his bible verses are also incorrect, he's wiped out everyone else's beliefs and his don't hold water either.

Musta worked real nice 30 years ago though. I probably wouldn't have read any of them, but I don't remember having much exposure to them. Learn something new that's old, every day. LOL

Or young people especially, who are coming to terms with their own identity and struggling with all kinds of insecurity issues, or rejection by their parents, their family or their peers. Children and young people can be exceedingly cruel.

Christianity is no substitute for love.

I was speaking more of the person who receives pleasure from coercing someone to tell them they love them through threats of violence. Who but a psychopath would find meaning from "love" offered under those circumstances? Yet that's what we see portrayed with the God of the Bible, since he threatens you to love him. That's really scary.

I agree many people respond to Christianity for lots of different reasons, and I don’t slight them wanting love – I did. But I can't help but think that down inside they feel less than fulfilled in that relationship, since underlying it is a constant threat of experiencing endless screaming from horrible, horrible pain in the fires of Satan's eternal damnation - if you should ever change your mind about that relationship! This isn't like a boyfriend or girlfriend you just break up with. "Love me or burn in excruciating pain for all of eternity" is a pretty severe sort of love relationship, don't you think?

How can that be a fulfilling love if your lover will torture and kill you if you make choices he disagrees with? You have no freedom of choice. It's coercion plain and simple - not love. I ask any Bible believing Christian to answer this intelligently.

Umm... no fear involved... so not terrorism? Maybe manipulation or brainwashing?

How is "obey me absolutely or I'll toss you into the eternal torment of Hell" not trying to control people by fear?

What if I do it willingly... without the fear but with His love?

"Love me and I'll bless you bountifully whether you want it or not"

My life is proof positive that your "quote" is false advertising.

But what you decide to do with your life is really your business, so long as nobody else gets hurt.

How can that be a fulfilling love if your lover will torture and kill you if you make choices he disagrees with?  You have no freedom of choice. It's coercion plain and simple - not love.  I ask any Bible believing Christian to answer this intelligently.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :woohoo:

That's it exactly - no doubt a believer would say, 'No, it's more like your lover warning you not to do things that will destroy you, be cause He loves you so much.'

But you nailed it, Antlerman. God's love is like an abusive pyscho's love.

"Baby, you MADE me hit you. Because I LOVE you!" :eek:

Not only is the threat of eternal hell terrorism, but christianity itself seems to thrive on fear.

I saw Franklin Graham on the news talking about New Orleans and Katrina. What an awful thing to try and make people think that God caused all that destruction because the city "celebrates sin"

Try to make everyone afraid. Afraid of hell. Afraid of their sexuality. Afraid to have a belief that doesn't follow the party line. They want you to be fearful that God is watching your every move. The Great White Throne Judgment. Repent or perish.

Terrorism, I tell ya

Not only is the threat of eternal hell terrorism, but christianity itself seems to thrive on fear.

I saw Franklin Graham on the news talking about New Orleans and Katrina.  What an awful thing to try and make people think that God caused all that destruction because the city "celebrates sin"

Try to make everyone afraid.  Afraid of hell.  Afraid of their sexuality.  Afraid to have a belief that doesn't follow the party line.  They want you to be fearful that God is watching your every move.  The Great White Throne Judgment.  Repent or perish.

Terrorism, I tell ya

Well, honestly, if you take the lake of fire out of xtianity you have a much better religion. They should have stuck with life after death and left it at that. Non-believers would just die, while the faithful live again to eternally worship god. All carrot, no stick! Well, a little stick.

But no, they had to go and tack eternal agony on the ticket for failing. Is this guy the Messiah or Blofeld?

"You have failed me for the last time..." :twitch:

Well, honestly, if you take the lake of fire out of xtianity you have a much better religion. They should have stuck with life after death and left it at that. Non-believers would just die, while the faithful live again to eternally worship god.

I think they started that way, with "the wages of sin is death". But the collection plate started to get a little skimpy, and then they decided to go with the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" and "please, just a little sip of water" shit.

Worked out a lot better for em.

Or young people especially, who are coming to terms with their own identity and struggling with all kinds of insecurity issues, or rejection by their parents, their family or their peers. Children and young people can be exceedingly cruel.

Christianity is no substitute for love.

Good points.

How can that be a fulfilling love if your lover will torture and kill you if you make choices he disagrees with?  You have no freedom of choice. It's coercion plain and simple - not love.  I ask any Bible believing Christian to answer this intelligently.

Antlerman, IMHO, FWIW, I think that 'God' did set universal rules in motion, and if there are not compliances with these rules... there are repercussions accordingly. Further, I believe the war between heaven and hell is within us. If we choose to lie, cheat, steal, etc... we will get the repercussions of those actions here on earth, which tend to ultimately cause weeping and gnashing of teeth. It is 'God's' love that warns of these outcomes!

ALL are eventually 'saved', in a place of peace and joy. Perhaps, guiding us to be ultimately giving into this 'sacred' part within each of us, that knows at a deeper level the way to happiness (no matter what we label ourselves), is an action towards loving us? (BTW, IMO, you don't have to read the Bible to get there.)

What if I do it willingly... without the fear but with His love?

"Love me and I'll bless you bountifully whether you want it or not"

Under the Christian doctrine it's not "Free" that's the entire point. How about instead of your 'what if I do it willingly with out fear of hell but gods love', you tell god when you get to heaven you wish to switch with someone who denied Christ but lead an honest life, you go to hell in their place? :shrug: That way you can live your 'christen life' for gods real love.... Just a thought.. :scratch:

ALL are eventually 'saved', in a place of peace and joy.

This is an even more fantastic claim than Christianity makes. While Universalism had an appeal to me when I was Christian, it doesn't appeal to me now because it's the same type of blanket statement made without any evidence. I need to have proof before I believe in something like that. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life following yet another cult.

This is an even more fantastic claim than Christianity makes.  While Universalism had an appeal to me when I was Christian, it doesn't appeal to me now because it's the same type of blanket statement made without any evidence.  I need to have proof before I believe in something like that.  I'm not going to spend the rest of my life following yet another cult.

Almond! I second that emotion. Lately I've noticed a trend on these threads of people trying to put a happy face on their brand of Christianity, as if making it "nicer" will somehow make it acceptable.

Fuck that. A fairy tale is a fairy tale. And I don't give a fuck if it IS a happy shmappy fairy tale that is all peace and love and universal acceptance. It is STILL a lie, and I'm not about to base my LIFE on any fairy tales.

So you Christians™ with your new and improved "gospel" of universal acceptance can quit trying to sell THAT garbage too.

Here is the definition of terrorism, as defined by Merriam-Webster's dictionary of law:

"The calculated violence or threat of violence against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear"

Kind of like the threat of hell eh?

Christianity is just that. Religious indoctrination, mind control and mental terrorism.