Goodbye Jesus

The Theory of Everything...

Dianka

This is an episode of a podcast conducted by a man maned Benjamin Walker. It is his story of growing up with a mother who was looking for God, and continuously changing denominations.

It is a half-hour long, but totally worth listening to. I like the end of the show the most. If you can't listen to the whole thing, go to minute 22 and listen to the end.

The entire show made my stomach turn, but the reason why I am posting this link is because I read some of the ex-c testimonies and it seems a lot of people changed religions in their search for God. This story just solidifies why we are all on this site....

Benjamin Walkers Theory of Everything

Click on the LISTEN button for broadcast 28 "Prey for the divine"

:huh::blink::god::crucified: :ohmy:

And here I was thinking this would have something to do with String Theory. :puke:

I thought it was about a Stephen Hawking book. I think he has one by the same name. Oh, well.

I listened to it.

Is this a true story, or is this just radio drama?

Don't take that question the wrong way. I can clearly see that something like this is possible. I was just wondering if that story in particular were true.

This is Benjamin telling his own story.

I don't think so. :mellow:

Benjamen Walker is the host of a radio show called The Theory of Everything.

It plainly says this about the link to that sound file. :shrug:

October 03, 2005

Broadcast 28 "Prey for the Divine"

this week on the radio program: the fundamentals of organized religion. Your host spins a story of church shopping, and Adrienne helps Nick determine if he should join up, and Sean tells us the true nature of the Divine

I didn't see that yesterday or else I wouldn't even have asked if it were a true story. :shrug:

It looks like it was made up.

Well, it looks like a good reason to send him an e-mail. Maybe we will get an answer. That would be awful, seeing as how I first heard this on NPR! Every other show I have heard by him has been an NPR-style report. Well, we'll see what turns up.

You have a better eye than I do!

If this is the caes, too bad NPR couldn't make that disclaimer before the show aired.

Oh, SHAME!!! I recieved an e-mail from Walker, and you are right. How embarassing! Your b.s. sensor is quite sharp! :loser:

Oh, SHAME!!! I recieved an e-mail from Walker, and you are right. How embarassing! Your b.s. sensor is quite sharp!  :loser:

Did he say if the story was completely fabricated, or if it was "based" on a true story?

He said that the church of Jesus Christ Astrophysicist is made up (you gotta give him points on creatrivity), but did not specify whether the entire story is fiction. I am sure there are hundreds of examples where people do these sorts of things, but he didn't say whether this was based on his story, or someone he knows.

I am waiting for his reply to a message I sent this morning. I will ask him in my next message. We should get an answer by the end of the weekend.