Goodbye Jesus

Question For The Christians

LastKing

If you were God would you send Anne Frank to Hell where she would suffer forever for being Jewish?

Yes or No

Great question ... I'll be watching this one for a sensible reply - that is if you ever get one. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Wonder how long there will be silence from the christards?

It's an unanswerable question, so it could be a long wait.

It's an unanswerable question, so it could be a long wait.

Oh, it is answerable. When I was a Christian it was "Jews deserved the holocaust for disowning Christ." So they also deserve to burn in hell.

"Jews deserved the holocaust for disowning Christ." So they also deserve to burn in hell.

"Sins of the Father" sort of thing?

"Jews deserved the holocaust for disowning Christ." So they also deserve to burn in hell.

Something like that. But the church was hardcore Lutheran too and generally anti-semetic. We even sung hymns in German sometimes.

It is sickening to think that after the hell of the Nazi death camps and ovens, god had an even worse fate in store for Anne Frank and her family.

For some reason that was never discussed in my Sunday school.

I don't think it's a "sins of the father" issue. I think it's a rejection of Jesus issue. And being Jewish has nothing to do with it directly, since a Jew could accept Jesus as their "savior."

Have you stopped beating your wife?

If you were God would you send Anne Frank to Hell where she would suffer forever for being Jewish?

Yes or No

No, no one goes to hell for being Jewish.

LNC

Yes or No

LNC

love a good equivocation.

lnc you're pathetic.

How 'bout this then, Christians?

If you were God, would you send Anne Frank to hell where she would suffer forever for not believing in Jesus? Yes or no.

(Very good question, LastKing.) :clap:

Something like that. But the church was hardcore Lutheran too and generally anti-semetic. We even sung hymns in German sometimes.

I don't think singing hymns in german are necessarily anti-semetic. Didn't Martin Luther write a bunch of hymns?

I don't think singing hymns in german are necessarily anti-semetic. Didn't Martin Luther write a bunch of hymns?

Well, this church bought into the whole anti-Semitic rantings of Luther. And yes, as I recall he did write some.

How 'bout this then, Christians?

If you were God, would you send Anne Frank to hell where she would suffer forever for not believing in Jesus? Yes or no.

(Very good question, LastKing.) :clap:

No, she would not suffer forever for not believing in Jesus.

LNC

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

I do not thing the bible specifies any exception to this.

Well, maybe the baptism thing, but not the requirement of belief.

Yes or No

LNC

lnc you're pathetic.

There was no equivocation, LK asked a particular question and I answered the question. To equivocate means: Use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself. (Google Definitions) I used very clear and concise language to answer a very clear and concise question. There was no concealing of truth or avoidance of the question, I answered it as it was asked (Yes or no) and then explained my answer. Sorry if you didn't like it, but you are mistaken in your assessment.

LNC

LNC

Christianity confuses me so much. Almost every Christian I know would say yes, that anyone who does not believe in Jesus will suffer in hell forever, including Anne Frank.

LNC, you're too damn smart to keep believing this stuff. I wonder if you still hang out with us because we offer you more of a challenge than your xian counterparts. :shrug:

LNC

Christianity confuses me so much. Almost every Christian I know would say yes, that anyone who does not believe in Jesus will suffer in hell forever, including Anne Frank.

There is no confusion. Christians believe what the Bible says. According to the Bible, Anne Frank would suffer forever in hell for not believing in Jesus. But they wouldn't actually say that because there is still a part of them that is humane. Cognitive dissonance at work.

Yes or No

LNC

lnc you're pathetic.

There was no equivocation, LK asked a particular question and I answered the question. To equivocate means: Use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself. (Google Definitions) I used very clear and concise language to answer a very clear and concise question. There was no concealing of truth or avoidance of the question, I answered it as it was asked (Yes or no) and then explained my answer. Sorry if you didn't like it, but you are mistaken in your assessment.8

LNC

I think he got a point, but I don't think it's your fault. The original question was obviously a bit vague. Jewish could mean different things. But the intention was of course to ask if someone who is of the Jewish faith will go to Hell for not believing in Jesus.

Your answer suggests that both Jews and Christians go to heaven, and that it's not necessary to believe in Jesus. Do I understand you correctly?

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

I do not thing the bible specifies any exception to this.

Well, maybe the baptism thing, but not the requirement of belief.

That passage is commonly understood to be a later addition and not a part of the original text, therefore, it is not a passage from which I would use to argue. Can you make your case from another passage?

LNC

Yes or No

LNC

lnc you're pathetic.

There was no equivocation, LK asked a particular question and I answered the question. To equivocate means: Use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself. (Google Definitions) I used very clear and concise language to answer a very clear and concise question. There was no concealing of truth or avoidance of the question, I answered it as it was asked (Yes or no) and then explained my answer. Sorry if you didn't like it, but you are mistaken in your assessment.8

LNC

I think he got a point, but I don't think it's your fault. The original question was obviously a bit vague. Jewish could mean different things. But the intention was of course to ask if someone who is of the Jewish faith will go to Hell for not believing in Jesus.

Your answer suggests that both Jews and Christians go to heaven, and that it's not necessary to believe in Jesus. Do I understand you correctly?

When considering LNC's answer, look carefully even at the revised question. It asks, "If you were god...." This leaves open the ability for someone to answer the question from what "they" would do, not what the bible says bible god would do.