Goodbye Jesus

Question For The Christians

LastKing

At least I addressed your third grade argument as opposed to you pussying out of post #40.

No you didn't dumbass....the only one that has remotely acknowledged reading them is bdp.

Yes I did, right here.

and here

--S.

Well, that make four of you......Jesus....the story describes Heaven....heck, it even describe a promise land in the OT....the stones brought across the Jordan....set up on the other side...the foundation. But can you boneheads invision this as the New Jerusalem, the protection being delivered to a promise land, the foundation of the twelve apostles and house built of living stones that are not corrupt. NO, you can't. It's all here and now, ignoring all things pointing to a reality you can't fucking invision. BLIND it says.......go fucking figure you probably ignore that too. Idiots....most of you.

Edit: Rom 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord.

end is going nuts on a concept called typology. He's getting lost in a head trip akin to dropping acid. he sees symbols or types that supposedly point to a reality that exists. he's mistaking the symbol for a concrete reality, instead of realizing that the symbols point to other symbols (which he thinks are real).

Without getting into the "historical jesus" dialog all over again, even the Jesus of his gospels (assuming end sees the gospels as authoritative) and the Jesus of Paul's writings is a symbol of a human yearning to be found in alignment with the highest moral and existential dimensions of our conceiving. Their placement in historical, 3-D stone and mortar reality is irrelevant. The actual question of their existence and efficacy in this world is irrelevant.

But many christian sub-cultures of interpretation get caught up in the "types" found in the bible. It reminds me of that scene from Oliver Stone's movie "The Doors" where Val Kilmer, Meg Ryan and the rest of the "band" were in the desert dropping acid. They had great experiences. Moments of clarity and really got into the images their brains generated for them. And that's what typology is: a head trip using the Bible, rather than LSD to gain the feeling you have connected to the Ultimate.

I won't judge the worth of such endeavors: chemical or biblical. But I will say that neither have a substantiated basis in reality.

Most credible bible scholars warned against getting too much into typology when I was in seminary and engaging in my own exegetical efforts. And I agree. The study and communication of biblical types has about the same validity as poetry writing. What it reveals is about the person communicating , not the message itself.

Oh. . . "ride the snake!!!"

An example of God protecting people immediately with His sovereign power would be the Red Sea story. Today, the church would be responsible for the protection....by acting to protect those that should need it. And don't tell me about all the abusive priets, the bad people. Everyone gets judged by Christ.....Christians first.

End,

you are pointing to a mythical story as evidence to support a proposition about god. It's kind've a cop out. There is no reason to think such an event happened. That's the problem with using symbols to point to symbols to justify doctrines and beliefs about the world based on other symbols. You get lost in a fog of symbols.

So, in some far distant future in an alternate dimension of some unspecified universe, pedophile priests and "bad" Christians will be judged for not protecting something (as yet unspecified) they were supposed to protect. . . .

Whew! Falls kind of flat. Because, it is the supposed GOD'S plan. And since he created and implemented the plan he is responsible for that plan. Yet, in your scenario, you want to blame humanity, specifically culpable Christians. God is going to punish those humans. But who is going to punish God? HIS plan caused untold human suffering making him negligent and guilty of depraved indifference. It didn't work. And we don't see god anywhere in the last 2000 years indicating "Whoa! Stop! This isn't working! New plan!"

It's fine to say that the parties to whom a responsibility was delegated have failed. But in most moral and organizational frameworks, the person at the top must take responsibility and be punished. And that is where your system of reconciling evil and suffering fails. You really haven't found a way to excuse god for the suffering of his beloved humanity.

Anybody who starts a sentence with "I say this in love...." ...isn't.

Maybe you might look up what the word "between" means.

I might except you didn't say it and I didn't say it so I don't follow you on that comment.

But who is going to punish God? HIS plan caused untold human suffering making him negligent and guilty of depraved indifference. It didn't work. And we don't see god anywhere in the last 2000 years indicating "Whoa! Stop! This isn't working! New plan!"

:thanks:

It's fine to say that the parties to whom a responsibility was delegated have failed. But in most moral and organizational frameworks, the person at the top must take responsibility and be punished. And that is where your system of reconciling evil and suffering fails. You really haven't found a way to excuse god for the suffering of his beloved humanity.

You don't think the Cross was taking responsibility?

Well, that make four of you......Jesus....the story describes Heaven....heck, it even describe a promise land in the OT....the stones brought across the Jordan....set up on the other side...the foundation. But can you boneheads invision this as the New Jerusalem, the protection being delivered to a promise land, the foundation of the twelve apostles and house built of living stones that are not corrupt. NO, you can't. It's all here and now, ignoring all things pointing to a reality you can't fucking invision. BLIND it says.......go fucking figure you probably ignore that too. Idiots....most of you.

Edit: Rom 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord.

end is going nuts......

Understatement of the year.

So, is it your position that God was punishing himself for his own neglect and depraved indifference?

As I recall, the myth of the cross has God, through Jesus, dying for the sins of humanity. So I don't know that the point inferred in your question is a valid one.

end is going nuts......

Actually dumbass, that would be incorrect....if you were to look at the numbers regarding manic and depressive moods....I am sure that I am within the norm for End3......."going" would have been a statement you could have made for me at about age 12 thanks to evil circumstances.....but thanks for letting everyone know you have no clue about what the fuck you are talking about.

Oh goody more unsubstantiated bullshit from a demented mind.

You have NO objective evidence that this magical sacrifice even took place or that this action has done ANYTHING.

--S.

end is going nuts......

Actually dumbass, that would be incorrect....if you were to look at the numbers regarding manic and depressive moods....I am sure that I am within the norm for End3......."going" would have been a statement you could have made for me at about age 12 thanks to evil circumstances.....

LOL – more rancor from end -- the one who could care less.

but thanks for letting everyone know you have no clue about what the fuck you are talking about.

We have more than a clue…

We ALL know you have a bipolar personality disorder, by your own admission, that is still ongoing.

Funny how the loving church community, the house of god and love through the holy spirit hasn’t remedied your ongoing mental illness.

Much like the example I gave where the parents let their child suffer and die, using your third grade superstitious method of help, in lieu of medical intervention which would have saved her life and spared her ALL that suffering.

--S.

So, is it your position that God was punishing himself for his own neglect and depraved indifference?

As I recall, the myth of the cross has God, through Jesus, dying for the sins of humanity. So I don't know that the point inferred in your question is a valid one.

This goes back to the question of why did God allow for the "snake" in the garden. Is it His fault for putting the snake there, or is it humanities fault for chosing the snake option.....as I see it. My best guess OB is that without subjection to evil, how would God build a companion in his likeness that would truely be in his likeness and be a true friend too. So I see it as he gave man complete and perfect free will initially....but man failed.

end is going nuts......

Actually dumbass, that would be incorrect....if you were to look at the numbers regarding manic and depressive moods....I am sure that I am within the norm for End3......."going" would have been a statement you could have made for me at about age 12 thanks to evil circumstances.....

LOL – more rancor from end -- the one who could care less.

but thanks for letting everyone know you have no clue about what the fuck you are talking about.

We have more than a clue…

We ALL know you have a bipolar personality disorder, by your own admission, that is still ongoing.

Funny how the loving church community, the house of god and love through the holy spirit hasn’t remedied your ongoing mental illness.

Much like the example I gave where the parents let their child suffer and die, using your third grade superstitious method of help, in lieu of medical intervention which would have saved her life and spared her ALL that suffering.

--S.

yeah, how did medicine work for Connor Scott?

end is going nuts......

......."going" would have been a statement you could have made for me at about age 12 thanks to evil circumstances.....

Oh and BTW thanks for providing us more evidence that god’s plan for managing conflict through the holy spirit is a bunch of bullshit – nothing but negligence and incompetence at its lowest, allowing evil circumstances to befall a 12 year old.

So much for god protecting you.

--S.

If you were God would you send Anne Frank to Hell where she would suffer forever for being Jewish?

Yes or No

Some would say that if she went to hell it wasn't because of her being Jewish; its because she's a sinner.

This goes back to the question of why did God allow for the "snake" in the garden. Is it His fault for putting the snake there, or is it humanities fault for chosing the snake option.....as I see it. My best guess OB is that without subjection to evil, how would God build a companion in his likeness that would truely be in his likeness and be a true friend too. So I see it as he gave man complete and perfect free will initially....but man failed.

Man didn't fail; Adam didn't want Eve to suffer exile alone so he took a bite. Adam was noble.

Was that a yes response or a no response? And I don't see how your response intersects with the myth of the cross.

You'll have to try a different approach in explaining your position.

end is going nuts......

......."going" would have been a statement you could have made for me at about age 12 thanks to evil circumstances.....

Oh and BTW thanks for providing us more evidence that god’s plan for managing conflict through the holy spirit is a bunch of bullshit – nothing but negligence and incompetence at its lowest, allowing evil circumstances to befall a 12 year old.

So much for god protecting you.

Coincidentally Scott, that is when my father and his intellectual buddies decided how stupid the God concept was and simultaneous divorced my mother......but that is just a coincidence, nothing relative to the Bible story....moron.

WAY over the line end.

No, see Kyle, you response is subjective......and this conversation per Scott's delusion is objective.

WAY over the line and you know it.

...and of course Xtians NEVER divorce or fuck around on their spouses. Of course.

WAY over the line end.

No, see Kyle, you response is subjective......and this conversation per Scott's delusion is objective.

WAY over the line and you know it.

...and of course Xtians NEVER divorce or fuck around on their spouses. Of course.

And he was arguing that faith didn't cure....causing suffering. I was stating that science doesn't always cure....causing suffering...his own.

I'll just let Sconnor handle it from here out - this thread has become too distressing for me.

And Scott, where are all you good sons a bitches offering me help with my personality disorder? All I am getting is more alienation from the group causing me more disorder. Surely there is one doctor in the house with a good heart that won't charge me? See, with the church you get help sometimes without even asking.....out of their heart. I am surprised I have to ask this of you, all you good bastards.

I'll just let Sconnor handle it from here out - this thread has become too distressing for me.

You have my respect K.....not that that is anything, but I appreciate your responses today.