Goodbye Jesus

A Fight For Freedom

Mister Pappy

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion

will legislate its creed into law

if it acquires the political power to do so."

- Robert A. Heinlein -

Never take for granted the freedoms you enjoy, and be willing to fight for them - to raise a vitriolic voice in defense of your rights and the rights of others. There are those on our planet who hide themselves behind marbled podiums, inside gold encrusted cathedrals, who shroud themselves with the transparent vestiges of charitable deeds, and regurgitate the rhetoric of good will towards men, while lining their swollen coffers with the meager pennies of widows. These are Christian vampires who would fatten themselves upon the consumption of the most basic of human dignities - our own opinions.

Religious rule of governments must never be given life in our societies again. As an international community, let us have the foresight and ambition to awaken now from slumber and actively protest the filth of righteous indignation. We can give a fresh start to the future in the heart of a child. Teach them well, and guard their minds as the crown jewels of our human race. We will make a better tomorrow, as we live to fight forever.

"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider to be God-fearing and pious."

~ Aristotle in 343 BCE

Hold fast to logic. Never abandon reason. Think before you believe.

With All My Love,

Pappy

I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!

~ Rev. Jerry Falwell

Our job is to reclaim America for Christ, whatever the cost. As the vice regents of God, we are to exercise godly dominion and influence over our neighborhoods, our schools, our government, our literature and arts, our sports arenas, our entertainment media, our news media, our scientific endeavors -- in short, over every aspect and institution of human society.

~
D. James Kennedy, Coral Ridge Ministries and Bush Advisor.

I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the constitution, but I believe that it is a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do ....

~ Mike Huckabee, Republican Candidate for President 2008

Americans must be Christocrats - citizens of both their country and the Kingdom of God, and that is not a democracy. That is a theocracy. That means God is in control, and you are not.

~ Rod Parsley, Supporter of John McCain for President 2008

Our purpose for Campus Crusade for Christ at the Air Force Academy is to make Jesus Christ the issue at the Air Force Academy and around the world. They're government paid missionaries when they leave here.

~ Scot Blom, Director of Campus Crusade for Christ / Air Force Academy

I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good.... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism.

~ Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.

~ Rev. Jerry Falwell

After the Christian majority takes control, pluralism will be seen as immoral and evil and the state will not permit anybody the right to practice evil.

~ Gary Potter, President of Catholics for Christian Political Action

The Christian community has a golden opportunity to train an army of dedicated teachers who can invade the public school classrooms and use them to influence the nation for Christ.

~ D. James Kennedy, Coral Ridge Ministries and Bush Advisor

The post above is one I cut from my own blog. It was originally written in a diary I keep for my children to read after I am gone. I thought some of you might enjoy it. If you have any doubts that we are at war with the Christian right for control of our own country, take a look at the quotes from various Christian leaders I have included in the post. I would like to hear your responses to this dilemma. What can we do? Are we defenseless?

The Christians are already organized by default - yes the meet in groups all across this country two or three times each week, and believe me, they are talking about us. They are talking about how they can do away with us. Who is "us"? "Us" is anyone and everyone who believes in the separation of church and state. "Us" is anyone who does not wish to live under a theocratic government. Those who wish to take away your rights are out there in mass, and they are working towards doing just that. Let's talk about it.

There's a catch for me in all of this...I trust the Constitution more than I do a fight against religion.

Maybe I'm a weird American.

I trust the Constitution more than I do a fight against religion.

To trust the Constitution is one thing. Don't forget that the Constitution has been amended many times. It still can be. Do you trust the idiots who are now, or in the future will be, in a position to toy with it and the freedoms it affords you?

I trust the Constitution more than I do a fight against religion.

To trust the Constitution is one thing. Don't forget that the Constitution has been amended many times. It still can be. Do you trust the idiots who are now, or in the future will be, in a position to toy with it and the freedoms it affords you?

Yes it has been. Some ways that it has been amended, I agree with...others agree with and I don't. Point being with the fact that it has been amended? Welcome to reality in regards to how a society evolves and thus the law has to change in relation to the societal change.

In mere comparison though, I trust the law of the land, than I do of 'worry' out of outdated quotes of Falwell or other easy pickings for religious extremism, and other various of other things that I disagree with and things that our law has done a fine job to fend off. Is it perfect? Of course not...but then again, what we define as logic and reason seems illogical to some, so good luck with your stance that logic and reason protects freedom and reason.

The idiots who are now, have not let radicals likes Falwell control this country. The idiots who are now has not let Bush Sr.'s idea of atheists come to a legislative reality. The idiots now have stopped Bush Jr. from going further with his religious right wing ideas when he was in office.

Seems more reason to trust the idiotic nature of those in charge than anti-religious clatter in relation to freedom and liberty...atheism doesn't promise freedom and liberty...the Senate, the House, the judges who's interpretation will govern how law is administered on both federal and state level since the Supreme law of the land rests in our government...not opinions about the gods.

• Super Moderator

I live in Virginia -- home of nutjobs Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Michael Farris (who founded Home-Skooled Kollege), and The Family -- and have seen firsthand, the ever-growing and powerful christian reconstructionism / dominionism movement at work. I'm not one who puts much credence in conspiracy theories and such, but these people -- government and corporate leaders -- are frightening because they are so powerful, wealthy, and influential. I'd like to think that by exposing the movement, its members and their agenda, reasonable people will step forward to end the religious reich's stranglehold on this country. Notice I said, "I'd like to think that..." In reality, I'm not that hopeful. I talk to people online who live outside Bible Belt, USA and they tell me that christinsanity is dying. To me, that sounds too good to be true.

In addition to the above links, also check out Silhouette City (dvd) and The Family (book) for more info.

Other than exposing them at every possible opportunity, what can we do? I really don't know what will help. But one measly, little, lame thing I do is avoid products sold by companies affiliated with the christian right. For example, I NEVER drink any of the 20+ brands of beer put out by Coors/Molson/Miller Brewing. Good thing there are lots of better tasting microbrews. But I still miss Killian's. beer.gif

I live in Virginia -- home of nutjobs Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Michael Farris (who founded Home-Skooled Kollege), and The Family -- and have seen firsthand, the ever-growing and powerful christian reconstructionism / dominionism movement at work. I'm not one who puts much credence in conspiracy theories and such, but these people -- government and corporate leaders -- are frightening because they are so powerful, wealthy, and influential. I'd like to think that by exposing the movement, its members and their agenda, reasonable people will step forward to end the religious reich's stranglehold on this country. Notice I said, "I'd like to think that..." In reality, I'm not that hopeful. I talk to people online who live outside Bible Belt, USA and they tell me that christinsanity is dying. To me, that sounds too good to be true.

In addition to the above links, also check out Silhouette City (dvd) and The Family (book) for more info.

Other than exposing them at every possible opportunity, what can we do? I really don't know what will help. But one measly, little, lame thing I do is avoid products sold by companies affiliated with the christian right. For example, I NEVER drink any of the 20+ brands of beer put out by Coors/Molson/Miller Brewing. Good thing there are lots of better tasting microbrews. But I still miss Killian's. beer.gif

It sounds too good to be true because of who you are around...nothing more nothing less.

There is no sign of oppression against us non-believers. Sure we may have few people here and there who think this, but the fear of the believers and what it is doing to us, is the same as the trivial lust of Christians to claim they are persecuted for the sake of Christ.

Complacency is the enemy, not only of progress, but in many cases, the continuum of a status quo. Seventy-five percent of Americans call themselves Christian, according to the American Religious Identification Survey from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut. I believe it is ludicrous to hold to the idea that a majority, such as this, could not impact our government, if motivated to do so and having proper leadership. Looking around, it is obvious that the motivation is increasingly present. I am no conspiracy theorist - neither is my head buried in the sand. Theocratic societies are not alien internationally. The Arab world is a prime example of life inside this form of government.

I do not understand your confidence that our very young government is impervious to change in a negative direction. It seems to me that those with the most voice, the most drive, the most investment, and the most persistence usually win - whatever the fight may be. The Christian right is in possession of all these qualities, and they continue to become more and more political. Consider the fragile balance of our Supreme Court. How many votes would it take right now to overturn Roe v Wade? How far are we really from losing the voice you now have such faith in?

I agree, we can't be complacent. I don't think we're in grave danger of becoming a theocratic society any time soon, but we shouldn't take our freedom for granted.

I agree, we can't be complacent. I don't think we're in grave danger of becoming a theocratic society any time soon, but we shouldn't take our freedom for granted.

Who knows how long such a change would take. The real problem is, in my mind, that the pieces are in motion that could effect such a change, and complacency is rampant. What scares me most what I have witnessed when given the opportunity to interact with the upcoming non-Christian generation. It seems that they know nothing about the world around them and have no desire to learn. The flip side of the coin is that Christians are teaching their young to become activists. Will there be any opposition at all when they govern our land?