Goodbye Jesus

I Repent

Guest Perfect Insanity

Guest lenbitme

Oddly enough, if you had been the person I was thinking of, I would have cut you a great deal of slack and would've actually been a lot more empathetic! But, apparently not. So, I continue with my original point.

I agree that intentions are misconstrued in this impersonal format, however, there are some things that add up here. Many people have been trying to help you, either to no avail or resulting in your neglect to try the suggestions given to you. Your response to these complaints is to self-degrade and heap guilt upon yourself. I have had enough people like this in my life to know the signs of a person seeking pity and/or attention, whether you recognize it or not. They continually look for people to "save" them, or provide all the answers, then in order to continue the misery which caused them to seek help in the first place, they do not fully accept the help, and then move on to self-degrade. "I'm worthless." "I can't do anything right." "I'm a terrible person." "I'm a burden to everyone." And so on. This only continues the cycle of their misery, which then leads them to once again seek help (or actually, attention), which then continues the cycle of each phase. I could be wrong, absolutely. But this is my opinion. However, I do think that your struggle is sincere. I just think that your way of dealing with it appears to be going no where.

I'm not looking for your sympathy, or for you to cut me any slack.

But I will tell you this. I literally feel like I'm a wounded soldier trying to fight an entire army by myself. I'm surrounded. Once I start to get the advantage over one enemy, another one comes and kicks my ass and throw me to the ground. Then I'm back where I started. I can make clever strategies to overcome this army, but no matter how determined I get, I'm not strong enough to overcome this army. I'm wounded on the ground getting my ass handed to me. I can muster up some strength, jump up, and strike a blow to one of my enemy soliders, but his comrades always come to his rescue and beat me down. I'm fighting a losing battle. Surrender will do nothing but get me thrown in prison and tortured for the rest of my life, which is no better. Taking my own life is the only way out of this battle. Something I don't want to do.

Jeebus. He had issues. Although, I figure, if he doesn't want to... then he won't?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Best of luck, PI. I hope you manage get yourself out of your current situation and maybe find a little piece.

Whew! That only took FOREVER.

Yeah dude, all to no avail. I almost wonder if he had any problems to begin with or if he just kept posting the same self defeating posts for attention.

• Super Moderator
maybe find a little piece.

Wouldn't mind finding one myself.

maybe find a little piece.

Wouldn't mind finding one myself.

130195.jpg

Whew! That only took FOREVER.

Yeah dude, all to no avail. I almost wonder if he had any problems to begin with or if he just kept posting the same self defeating posts for attention.

I think PI has simply not realized that he really can take control of his thoughts and his brain and with a little practice start having a better set of thoughts. You know, the hell and other religious crap don't help people with problems. Religion makes it very difficult to see that logic and reason and determination are the way to get out of a negative mind set. There is an intelligent person inside that scared guy. Of course, it is up to PI to move forwards.

Best of luck PI. Please don't give up, there is so much you can do, and so much to find. Maybe what you think seems ridiculous is actually something that you've been looking for and its not ridiculous at all. And trust me, if you want to be guided, then you will. I pray for you to find that which can give you peace. May Allah guide you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Broken Chains

This is PI.

I would like to publically apologize for the way I acted during the time span of my membership here. Rejecting help, saying things mostly for the sake of getting attention/sympathy, etc. I denied it when I got called out for it, and for the most part, I believed my motives were pure in what I was saying. A few of them were. But most of them were not. After I looked at myself closely, and studied why I do certain things, I realized that you guys were right. I realized that I was doing exactly what I was accused of doing, I was doing the very things that I strongly denied. I was wrong in the way that I acted, and for that I am sorry.

The guy that made all those posts, this "confused idiot/perfect insanity" punk.... I no longer wish to be associated with that guy. He is dead to me.

For all the incredible support and advice I received while I was here, thank you.

This is PI.

I would like to publically apologize for the way I acted during the time span of my membership here. Rejecting help, saying things mostly for the sake of getting attention/sympathy, etc. I denied it when I got called out for it, and for the most part, I believed my motives were pure in what I was saying. A few of them were. But most of them were not. After I looked at myself closely, and studied why I do certain things, I realized that you guys were right. I realized that I was doing exactly what I was accused of doing, I was doing the very things that I strongly denied. I was wrong in the way that I acted, and for that I am sorry.

The guy that made all those posts, this "confused idiot/perfect insanity" punk.... I no longer wish to be associated with that guy. He is dead to me.

For all the incredible support and advice I received while I was here, thank you.

Love the new name. Bust those chains to pieces. You can do it!!!!

Sounds good to me. :)

And to help you keep it up, I will actually close this thread because I think you would benefit from engaging in other discussions, discussions that do not relate to you as a person but to ideas and views you have in other areas. For instance, engage in some of the crazy political stuff or the historicity of Jesus or whatever, as long as you just keep yourself busy not getting pre-occupied again about your own problems. I know it's easy to do. And it's hard to break. But the only way to do it, just focus your attention on other things.

If you have anything you need to tell me, you can always PM me.

Hans

With that, I'm closing this thread as of 11-14-2010.