Goodbye Jesus

I Repent

Guest Perfect Insanity

Guest Perfect Insanity

Don't hate yourself - it's not healthy. Move forwards. Your friend is delusional. Any word from god will only be yourself speaking to yourself anyway. It's not so bad. I really enjoy the freedom to be who I really am. Of course, I do try to cultivate some better qualities in myself and let go of some of the lesser qualities. But, no one's perfect. Really, it is okay.

Repent is a biblical concept and has nothing to do with the real world. The same can be said for sin.

I actually kind of liked your rant. There is a lot of drama there. I don't want to encourage you to keep on being a drama llama and yet I applaud the unburdening of your soul.

Self hatred may not be healthy, but it's a lot better to recognize myself for what I am and be critical and honest about it than to pretend I'm something good, something worthy of praise, something admirable, something that isn't worthless, and then get smacked across the face hard with truth and be struck with disappointment.

If you know enough of the bible to deconvert, why haven't you?

You NEED to read it to realise it's bullshit and undermine the hold this christianity crap has on your life. You need to read it for yourself to realise it's all man made. Reading what others have written about it won't cut it. Sure, you think your belief in this crap is supported by 'other things', but reading the bible would sure make a dent in your belief. You'd see it as the bullshit it is, not the crap other people make it out to be.

You're lazy. Too lazy to help yourself. And I'm calling you on it. Read the damn book.

The book has nothing to do with my inability to deconvert. I know enough about the Bible to know it's not the literal word of God. I don't want to waste any more of my time on that book.

So what are you doing instead? Coming on here and whingeing about how your life sucks, and expecting all of us to magically just fix it? Dammit, just do something to help yourself for a change. It's not our job to magically make you not believe in god. That's your job. It takes effort to deconvert. We offer advice and support, and you just go "Oh, no, I won't try that." It's because you're lazy. You actually WANT to feel this way, because you LIKE it. If you DIDN'T WANT to feel this way, your behaviour would demonstrate it.

You're like a fat woman whingeing about how she never loses weight, but eating a bucket of KFC for lunch every day.

You're lazy. It's not our job to make you deconvert. You're just too lazy to try, but you keep coming on this site and posting stuff for attention, and ignoring our advice. You don't want to deconvert, otherwise you would try what we suggest. If you wanted to deconvert, your desire would be evidenced by your actions. It's not, and I'm calling you on it.

No forgiveness is required. Pick yourself up and rediscover life. It's awesome. Every second is meaningful. It's not a dress rehearsal for eternity. It is what it is. Decide to enjoy it, and you will.

And beware of people who have a "word from the lord" for you. If it's so important, why can't God tell you himself?

"Why would God need a starship?"

whingeing

Interesting word. I had never seen nor heard it before. Then I looked it up on dictionary.com and saw why I did not know the word.

whinge   /ʰwɪndʒ, wɪndʒ/ Show Spelled[hwinj, winj] Show IPA

–verb (used without object), whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal .

to complain; whine.

I'll have to use that word around here and watch people stare at me. LOL.

Don't hate yourself - it's not healthy. Move forwards. Your friend is delusional. Any word from god will only be yourself speaking to yourself anyway. It's not so bad. I really enjoy the freedom to be who I really am. Of course, I do try to cultivate some better qualities in myself and let go of some of the lesser qualities. But, no one's perfect. Really, it is okay.

Repent is a biblical concept and has nothing to do with the real world. The same can be said for sin.

I actually kind of liked your rant. There is a lot of drama there. I don't want to encourage you to keep on being a drama llama and yet I applaud the unburdening of your soul.

Self hatred may not be healthy, but it's a lot better to recognize myself for what I am and be critical and honest about it than to pretend I'm something good, something worthy of praise, something admirable, something that isn't worthless, and then get smacked across the face hard with truth and be struck with disappointment.

Frankly, you must have some good qualities. You can write. You seem pretty bright. Maybe you could be less critical and still be honest with yourself. Maybe you will be struck with disappointment when you figure out you are not a lowly worm. There is a truth worth smacking yourself in the face with:) Plus, I think you need a new name. I am suggesting ImperfectSanity.

Frankly, you must have some good qualities. You can write. You seem pretty bright. Maybe you could be less critical and still be honest with yourself. Maybe you will be struck with disappointment when you figure out you are not a lowly worm. There is a truth worth smacking yourself in the face with:) Plus, I think you need a new name. I am suggesting ImperfectSanity.

Yeah, if anything, you should have a superiority complex after recognizing that the bible is bullshit when so many "sheeple" continue believing. That's not a small accomplishment.

Guest Perfect Insanity

So what are you doing instead? Coming on here and whingeing about how your life sucks, and expecting all of us to magically just fix it? Dammit, just do something to help yourself for a change. It's not our job to magically make you not believe in god. That's your job. It takes effort to deconvert. We offer advice and support, and you just go "Oh, no, I won't try that." It's because you're lazy. You actually WANT to feel this way, because you LIKE it. If you DIDN'T WANT to feel this way, your behaviour would demonstrate it.

You're like a fat woman whingeing about how she never loses weight, but eating a bucket of KFC for lunch every day.

You're lazy. It's not our job to make you deconvert. You're just too lazy to try, but you keep coming on this site and posting stuff for attention, and ignoring our advice. You don't want to deconvert, otherwise you would try what we suggest. If you wanted to deconvert, your desire would be evidenced by your actions. It's not, and I'm calling you on it.

For fucks sake, I'm not asking ANYONE to fix it. I used to. But I'm not anymore. I'M RANTING. VENTING. Gotta do it somewhere. And ex-christian.net seems like a damn good place. Call me lazy. Call me an attention whore. Call me whatever the hell you want. I really don't give a shit. But hey, if my rants are not welcome here, fine. Whatever.

Guest Perfect Insanity

No forgiveness is required. Pick yourself up and rediscover life. It's awesome. Every second is meaningful. It's not a dress rehearsal for eternity. It is what it is. Decide to enjoy it, and you will.

And beware of people who have a "word from the lord" for you. If it's so important, why can't God tell you himself?

"Why would God need a starship?"

If it was truly a word from the Lord that I was supposed to hear, it would have came directly to me, not to someone else. That's all there is to it. I'm not taking any of that shit seriously until I hear and see it for myself.

Frankly, you must have some good qualities. You can write. You seem pretty bright. Maybe you could be less critical and still be honest with yourself. Maybe you will be struck with disappointment when you figure out you are not a lowly worm. There is a truth worth smacking yourself in the face with:)

I am undeserving of these compliments.

Plus, I think you need a new name. I am suggesting ImperfectSanity.

Heh, very clever.

Yeah, if anything, you should have a superiority complex after recognizing that the bible is bullshit when so many "sheeple" continue believing. That's not a small accomplishment.

It bothers me that people want to be sheep. It bothers me that, according to Christians and the Bible, people are supposed to be sheep. Sheep are puny, weak, dumb creatures who can't defend themselves or think for themselves. People should not be like that. I can't be a blind sheep. Especially not one who follows the church.

We can repent and turn to xism, but when we try to get out..........I have not been too successful in purging the hideous stain on my mind.

I think it breeds a kind of OCD in us.

Coming to xism is the unforgivable sin.

For fucks sake, I'm not asking ANYONE to fix it. I used to. But I'm not anymore. I'M RANTING. VENTING. Gotta do it somewhere. And ex-christian.net seems like a damn good place. Call me lazy. Call me an attention whore. Call me whatever the hell you want. I really don't give a shit. But hey, if my rants are not welcome here, fine. Whatever.

Trust me, dude, your ranting is welcome.

Guest Perfect Insanity

We can repent and turn to xism, but when we try to get out..........I have not been too successful in purging the hideous stain on my mind.

I think you're right.

Not among everyone.

I think you're right.

Not among everyone.

Well, it is among most of us. Those who do not like it are free to ignore your posts.

Guest Perfect Insanity

By the way, Donna.. To an extent, you're right. I am lazy. I admit that. If I can admit all this other shit, I can admit that. But me not wanting to read any more of the Bible has nothing to do with laziness. I know enough of the Bible to pinpoint its flaws. Trust me on that. Going by the book alone, I would probably think that it's all a man made lie. I see the evidence for that being the case. BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE BIBLE. It all has to do with emotional ties, mental ties, and things I've heard about that I can't get out of my mind. It's not an intellectual thing. I see things about Christianity all the time that make me think there's a good chance of it being bullshit. My ties to Christianity are not in the Bible. Inspired or not, the Bible is a fallible book written by men. There's plenty of evidence for that. But, as I said, this is not about the Bible anymore. Christians worship that book like it's God. It's not. My point is, as I said before, I don't want to waste any more of my life dwelling on, reading, or studying that book. I know enough of it to see that it's probably bullshit, that is not where the problem lies. Besides, I might resume my reading of it later on. I just don't want to waste my time on it right now. I can think of better uses of my time. I've failed at life so far, and my time is running out. I have to move on, figure things out, find ways to heal, and live my life, not spend hours upon hours reading a 2,000+ year old book filled with random writings of ancient men that I have no intention at this point of basing my life on.

• Super Moderator

Repentance implies a change of behavior.

Waiting . . .

whingeing

Interesting word. I had never seen nor heard it before. Then I looked it up on dictionary.com and saw why I did not know the word.

whinge   /ʰwɪndʒ, wɪndʒ/ Show Spelled[hwinj, winj] Show IPA

–verb (used without object), whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal .

to complain; whine.

I'll have to use that word around here and watch people stare at me. LOL.

Australia's plans for world domination have begun! LOL.

• Super Moderator
What do you want me to do? Bow down and kiss all your asses?

No, stop kicking your own.

By the way, Donna.. To an extent, you're right. I am lazy. I admit that. If I can admit all this other shit, I can admit that. But me not wanting to read any more of the Bible has nothing to do with laziness. I know enough of the Bible to pinpoint its flaws. Trust me on that. Going by the book alone, I would probably think that it's all a man made lie. I see the evidence for that being the case. BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE BIBLE. It all has to do with emotional ties, mental ties, and things I've heard about that I can't get out of my mind. It's not an intellectual thing. I see things about Christianity all the time that make me think there's a good chance of it being bullshit. My ties to Christianity are not in the Bible. Inspired or not, the Bible is a fallible book written by men. There's plenty of evidence for that. But, as I said, this is not about the Bible anymore. Christians worship that book like it's God. It's not. My point is, as I said before, I don't want to waste any more of my life dwelling on, reading, or studying that book. I know enough of it to see that it's probably bullshit, that is not where the problem lies. Besides, I might resume my reading of it later on. I just don't want to waste my time on it right now. I can think of better uses of my time. I've failed at life so far, and my time is running out. I have to move on, figure things out, find ways to heal, and live my life, not spend hours upon hours reading a 2,000+ year old book filled with random writings of ancient men that I have no intention at this point of basing my life on.

Moving on, figuring things out,finding ways to heal and living life. I like the sound of that. Your not old enough to have actually failed at life, I think. Seems like you got one thing figured out quite well. You are not, I repeat, you are not basing your life on the Bible. Yeah!!!!!

No. We want you to actually do something constructive to help yourself get out of this mess because you're a human being and you deserve to have a decent life.

What have you done to help yourself lately? I want you to list specific things you have done to help yourself.

You can sit there and wallow in self pity, but that won't change things. The only person who can change stuff is you. Right now, you seem to be intent on ranting about how crap everything is, but you don't seem to be doing much to improve your situation.

I used to be pretty down on myself. Then I started doing things, taking small risks, and achieving things. Now I'm heaps better.

You'll never feel better if you don't do something in real life, not on this website. Set a goal and acheive it. Read some books that debunk the 'other things' which you haven't listed, which make you believe in christianity. Do something to help yourself. It is a HELL of a lot more satisfying than just sitting there ranting about it.

Guest Perfect Insanity

No. We want you to actually do something constructive to help yourself get out of this mess because you're a human being and you deserve to have a decent life.

What have you done to help yourself lately? I want you to list specific things you have done to help yourself.

You can sit there and wallow in self pity, but that won't change things. The only person who can change stuff is you. Right now, you seem to be intent on ranting about how crap everything is, but you don't seem to be doing much to improve your situation.

I used to be pretty down on myself. Then I started doing things, taking small risks, and achieving things. Now I'm heaps better.

You'll never feel better if you don't do something in real life, not on this website. Set a goal and acheive it. Read some books that debunk the 'other things' which you haven't listed, which make you believe in christianity. Do something to help yourself. It is a HELL of a lot more satisfying than just sitting there ranting about it.

Well, as far as a list, I've been working on my bullshit detector. I've been trying to be a skeptic with everything I hear. When I hear a story or something like that, I try to examine it and think of natural explanations. I hinted at my stance regarding Christianity to one of my closest friends, who is a Christian, and said some things I normally wouldn't have. We had a brief talk about it, but I didn't get too specific. Can't just unload all that at once. I've put off doing a lot of book reading, and that's an area where I've been stupid and messed up. I just don't like buying/reading books for some reason, and that's why I've put that off. That's a mistake, and I take full accountability for it. It's something I need to get over and do it anyway. One other reason for that is, I don't want to just take in what these books say without questioning. I'm no scientist, so a lot of the claims in these books I can't verify for myself. Basically, I don't want to brainwash myself with something that may not be telling the whole truth. I want to be careful what I read, because I'll be gullible and sensetive to whatever it is I'm reading. That's how I got brainwashed into the most legalistic form of Christianity. I did a whole lot of reading and listening to people, and it did damage to my mind. Back on topic, I'm nowhere near where I should have been by now, but I think I'm making some small steps.

Well, as far as a list, I've been working on my bullshit detector. I've been trying to be a skeptic with everything I hear. When I hear a story or something like that, I try to examine it and think of natural explanations. I hinted at my stance regarding Christianity to one of my closest friends, who is a Christian, and said some things I normally wouldn't have. We had a brief talk about it, but I didn't get too specific. Can't just unload all that at once. I've put off doing a lot of book reading, and that's an area where I've been stupid and messed up. I just don't like buying/reading books for some reason, and that's why I've put that off. That's a mistake, and I take full accountability for it. It's something I need to get over and do it anyway. One other reason for that is, I don't want to just take in what these books say without questioning. I'm no scientist, so a lot of the claims in these books I can't verify for myself. Basically, I don't want to brainwash myself with something that may not be telling the whole truth. I want to be careful what I read, because I'll be gullible and sensetive to whatever it is I'm reading. That's how I got brainwashed into the most legalistic form of Christianity. I did a whole lot of reading and listening to people, and it did damage to my mind. Back on topic, I'm nowhere near where I should have been by now, but I think I'm making some small steps.

Reading other books doesn't mean you have to blindly accept them as fact. That's what got you into this shit with the bible.

Go to the library and borrow a few books. Hide the damn things in your bag so your parents don't find them. You don't have to buy books.

You are 'no scientist'. Well, neither am I. I just took the time to get a really basic understanding of some basic science (LITTLE KID PRIMARY SCHOOL SCIENCE) and that helped me understand a lot. Go to the library and get out a kids science encyclopedia and read the damn thing. That's the kind of reading I did to start off with when I was trying to learn about science.

For you, it's a choice between all or nothing. YOu either believe something totally or you freak out because you don't trust it. If you started reading some of this stuff, you'd eventually realise for yourself what you can and can't believe. Reading some alternative books about the supernatural, that aren't written to support theories like aliens creating stonehenge and the existence of ghosts, but actual real researched books, will help you get perspective.

Go tu youtube and check out some James Randi films. He is a fromer magician who has made a career out of debunking the supernatural.

Who cares, get help and stop bitching, you wanna change? First step is getting help, I don't wanna see anymore shit from you until you do.